Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #3599

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Red sky in the morning, Sailor take warning. Red sky at night, Sailor's delight.

Old saying but often true. Coffee is great and it is 15 outside. Slight weak snow falling and just a bit of wind.

Looking for a place to have some things done to the MH. Want somewhere within 4 hours of home here in MI. Found a place called MasterTech RV. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about them? Unsure about having Camping World do this work. I am sure every place has had good and bad but want the good place of course.

We need the front windshield driver's side replaced, and the passenger side double pane window also. Want to have a flat screen TV put in to replace the old tube TV and whatever systems to run that and DVD player. New radio with Bluetooth. Want to have someone also check the levelers. We think one has a leak, the driver's rear one.

Truck is looking good Bobby. It can be frustrating the delays, but it will be great when it is done. Hope all of you in cold climates stay as warm as possible, we are trying to here.

Have a great one! Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #3600

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Steve, I thought 23 bucks a night was a HOAD (Hell of a Deal)I'm paying $350.00 a month here and I get nothing for free, they had Elvis here tonight and he cost 5 bucks we didn't go but could hear it from across the parking lot. The show we went too next door was a blast and it was free. They gather at this place on Saturday and I am looking forward to it.

Hey beamisl
every night is sailors delight down here and there is a glass/windshield company that drives thru the lot 2-3 times a day looking for work. Come on down.

Gordon No problem you got my Number. I'm sure I can find a reason for a drive down there. Wish I had my 64 here that world have been sweet. It was originally sold from a Phoenix Dealership.
Night,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 AM   #3601

Good morning all 3am and the sterroids are doing their job keeping me awake again.

I agree with Lynne, Bobby, truck will be well worth the effort your putting into it and the sense of accomplishment that goes with it keep up the good work it looks great.

Well at work Tuesday my inmate and I started scraping about 16 years of fit and wax off of my office floor got about 2/3 of it up man it is a slow process but after we get it cleaned we are going to paint it so it looks better....just an old concrete warehouse floor but my OCD and piece of mind will feel better....lol

Got a call from my Dr at MD Anderson last night with the results of my 3rd bone marrow test and he told me that this is the second test to come back negative for leukemia and that is down to the molecular level that just 2 more spinal taps and 3 more chemo treatments then onto the maintenance part....God is great he has really been listening to all the prayers everyone has sent my way....

Hope to catch a little nap before I have to go to work...take care all be safe thanks for the prayers and thoughts they are greatly appreciated

Mk
Old 01-21-2016, 06:18 AM   #3602

Morning Everyone! Hope all is well! Lynne, thanx for the encouragement, it is just so frustrating knowing if I had the shop space , i'd have it finished already. My biggest mistake was listening to my friend about his money woes at the shop and paying him in full before he finished, now I am at his mercy! MK . glad to here things are going good for you! God is listening, always! We have been so lucky here so far with winter, supposed to be snow this weekend, guess i'll put the new shoes and scraper bar that is sitting on my office floor , on the snowblower where they belong, LOL! Just in case. Have a Great Day all! Bobby
Old 01-21-2016, 06:42 AM   #3603

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Bobby, Dakota's coming along, understand about not having room to do what you want when you want. MK, so glad things are going your way, and your on the way to full recovery . Have a Great Day All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #3604
bap

hey kids,,,pray all are happy,healthy and well !!!!

BOBBY,,,the dakota is looking great and im sure it will turn out awsome !!
TIM,, i hope you guy,s are making the best out of your wintering spot,,at least you know how it is there now...and if ya want can relocate next winter...
MK,,,yes we have a loving GOD, that answers prayers--you my friend are a living testomoney to that for sure !!!!!--always in our daily prayers !!!!
RAIL,,,,how ya doin buddy !!!
Lloyd,,,--how is the weather there ...were bracing for our biggest snow of the year.6-12 inches tonight and saterday...yeeeeehawww
LYNNE,,,always great to hear from you,,,,how is that poor family getting along,,prayers still sent for them..
FRANK,,,how is the cruise going,,,i pray good sailing weather...
GORDAN,,,i pray all is well for you,,,
POPEYE,,,- pray all is well with you also !!
STEVE,, weish we were closer you and i have alot of the same hobbies...

well,,gotta run you folks have a great day...stay safe !!!
...jeff
Old 01-21-2016, 11:59 AM   #3605

Mike
That's great news for sure. Hope all the rest of the treatments go fast and you can put this all behind you.

We seem to have had quite a few of our group here dealing with health issues get positive results. Lots of good ju ju here.

Jeff Thanks and a BIG X2 on the rest of your post!
Old 01-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #3606
bap

Terry,,,,,,,,i didnt forget ya buddy,,,thought i wrote you in first...lol
Old 01-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #3607

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bap, no problem , you can have the snow down there, I don't want it . Frank, might be hangin over the rail after eating all that ice cream
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #3608

Goooodafternoon all yíall!!!

This mornings coffee was delicious, but I had to finish a gunsmithing project I started yesterday afternoon. About a month ago I noticed a bad crack in the stock of my favorite pheasant/quail/grouse gun. For 10 years this 90 year old French SXS has been my go-to hunting gun. Because it fits me like a glove I shoot it very well. Yesterday I took it apart and epoxied the stock where it was cracked through the guns trigger action area. This morning I spent several hours digging out excess hardened epoxy so that the action and stock would fit together properly and work again. Iím pleased to say the job was successful and Iíll be taking it quail hunting tomorrow. YEEEHAAA!

I just finished a delicious steaming bowl of black bean soup. Itís the same soup recipe that my kids used to appropriately call ďBlack Thunder!Ē. Latter this afternoon Iím going on a 5-mile hike with the SV hiking club. I hope my lunch choice doesnít ruin my chances for future hiking invitations from the group!

So thatís about it, I hope all yíall are doing well and the weather, wherever youíre at, is warm, sunny and pleasant or at least is trying to be. And Jeff, itís always great to hang out with folks that you share common interests with.

Steve
Old 01-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #3609

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee good today!
Been real busy here, getting ready for our new SUV. We have a carport, and it is two car deep, but not two car wide! It is part of our house, and it holds up the upstairs balcony and one of the bedrooms. We had to move the big water tank and pump that sat at the far end of the carport, so we had room for the 2nd car. Also had to move the washing machine, so had to run new electrical and drain! Also decided that we would concrete the side yard, (not very much or wide ) and put a awning over it and cover the sides down to the wall. So 70% of it will be enclosed!
We are getting a new Ford Everest Titanium, diesel, 7 passenger, SUV. and keeping our Toyota Hilux diesel 4 door pickup! Most of the cars and truck here in Thailand are diesel, only the really small cars are gas, and a % of them run on CNG. Diesel here is cheaper than gas, and they get better fuel mileage too! Our pickup gets around 37 MPG and the new Everest around 40 MPG! We pick it up tomorrow! Excited!
Everyone take care, and have a great day! Rail!
Old 01-22-2016, 03:07 AM   #3610

Sounds like you've been busy Rail...hope you enjoy the new van. I sure wish that diesel was cheaper than gas over here in the states...lol...but we all know that won't happen anytime..soon or at all...

Be good everyone and be safe it's a day off work this am have to get 2 units of blood and then platelets on monday so 6 to 8 hours sitting in a chair at the hospital.....take care

Mk
Old 01-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #3611

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

I purchased the Kroger house brand coffee beans the other day. Itís surprisingly not bad, a little on the weak side, if I have to increase the bean count it may end up not being worth it.

Iím heading out quail hunting at 7am this morning. Itís getting very late in the season but Iím hopeful my friend and I will still see some birds. I have another good friend coming down from Alaska the first week in February (last week of quail season) so Iím also trying to find some places to go chase quail with him.

Hereís wishing yíall a good day. You folks along the east coast be careful and donít forget that in heavy snow or blizzard conditions traveling can wait!

Steve
Old 01-22-2016, 08:17 AM   #3612

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 47 and the coffee is wonderful,
Rail, sounds like a nice New auto.
My caddie just got 2,000 miles and not a drop of gas, on the KarKaddySS Kidding aside it got 29 mpg on a road trip with the car club. I am surprised how well it does with that Northstar engine, 300HP, and I keep my foot out of it. LOL .

I am almost done with waxing the MH I only have 1/4 of one side left and half the nose left. Getting the compliments too one guy from the other side of the park walked over too tell me how nice it is. Makes it worth the pain in the shoulder. That Metal Polish I'm using just works great, then a coat of Mothers, Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax, its just gleaming.

We installed the new LED lights under the aweing yesterday, kind of disappointed with them they don't have the chaser function but they look good.
I'm going too get the ones from SuperBriteLeds.com, they have the chasing ones I'm referring to. I saw them on a boat last summer going across the lake at my brothers place, looked so neat.
By the way he is already back too work after that bad MC accident last August, he's pulling 16 hour shifts trying too get caught up..
He still is dealing with the ins co. with the barn fire, not going well so I understand.
Found some diabetic socks at the tents the other day and went back and bought 4 sets of 3 yesterday @ $4 bucks a set, man are they nice on the feet too. The TV antenna is working great after we found out you have to do a scan while on a channel, so now we are getting around 20 channels.
We got new neighbors yesterday, haven't met them yet.
CW brought a newer 42 foot Beaver Contessa to replace the 5th wheeler I had mentioned a few posts ago. They are showing it by appointment only . She looks like a beauty from the out side. It has 4 slides. Oyea free donuts again.

bobby:
That Dakota is looking really nice.
Well that's about it for me. O I forgot, I thought I might have to turn on the AC yesterday that sun is hot down here.!!!! but I didn't
Have a great day and those on the road be safe,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote