Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #3613
bap

gooodmorning gang,,,,
just sitten here watching the blizzard start to show up here...makes the coffee tast even better !!!
goin out 4 wheeling with the grandsons today,,,gonna be a blast if we get what they say 14 inches,,that will test our skills on these eastern kentucky hills...lol
...have a great day my friends..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #3614

Hi All!

I've been very busy. Work and weather. It has been ice here for nearly 15 hours now, sometimes sleeting down like a thunderstorm downpour. Tree's are holding up well, and so far we have power. Not supposed to stop till sometime tomorrow.

Deb and I picked up our new to us Jeep Wednesday night. We are lovin it! Pretty good timing, given the weather report above!

I am researching, need to get a tow bar setup so we can flat tow behind the coach. Plan is to either buy or fabricate a front bumper, and incorporate the tow bar base plate.

Have a good evening! Those of you in the path of this storm, becareful!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:52 PM   #3615

Lloyd , sorry 'bout that storm . Last week when they were saying it was on the west coast and it might hit us hard,,,,,,I wished it wouldn't .
So , it might be my fault????????????
Same apology to anyone else getting slammed !
Don't worry , still 2 more months for payback .....
Old 01-23-2016, 05:43 AM   #3616

Good morning!

28, and light sleet at the moment. At this point in a few places we can see our grass, but it is mostly covered in ice. 2-3" deep ice. Out the window it looks like snow,,,, but it is not.

Popeye, no worries.

They are saying another hour or so, and this should pass by us. Not going to warm up much, 33 or so, just above freezing.

L.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:54 AM   #3617

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
Currently 59
Coffee is good and going down well,
Lloyd,
What can I say but Huge Bummer, Ice is terrible no matter how you look at it. At least with snow you have a chance but not with ice. Feel for ya. We had a ice storm years ago and we were using pellet salt to melt the ice and it still took days to melt it. They had road graders trying to get it too break up.

Been having upper 60dies and a few 70dies oyea
Pretty much got the MH done with the waxing, lights up and burning, can't wait to get the electric bill, we have to pay electric so I don't feel bad burning them. The old gal is looking great and shinny. Got some pictures that I will post when Joe gets them on the computer. Soon I hope.

Man the panhandlers are all over the place down here, I remember a investigating program a few years ago and they were getting more $$$$ than I was making per day. So nothing from me, I don't have it anyway so soooo sorry.

We have a food company that drives thru weekly selling there product's, I have them stop back home and the prices are a lot higher here than back home plus he's charging a delivery fee which I don't get charged back home.
I love there Shepherds Pie but not @ $17.00, back home its $9.95 I always tell Joe we could make it better so I'm going to try making it myself. Now there Ice Cream is the best and we don't have room in the freezer so I'm out of luck all the way around.

The guy on the other side of the fence behind us is putting on a show tonight in our clubhouse music and comedy and am looking forward too that. I get to listen to him play his guitar and sings while he's practicing and it sounds great, he writes his own music and lyric's. They all have to do with Motor homing.

It's been pretty busy around here, yesterday they had 40 MH's leave and forty come in.

The MH that CW brought in Thursday night left yesterday morning not sure what happened but they didn't show it. I would have liked to go see it while it was here no sales person pressuring you.

Can anyone give me a ballpark price on a enclosed trailer to haul my 64 caddie in? I sure miss driving it. It's 21 ft 6 long. Do ya think the old gal would pull it? I towed our 99 deville on a KarKaddySS down here with no problem's pulling that but didn't have the extra weight of a trailer either.

I just realized it's Saturday
I need to find one of those clocks that tell's ya what day it is instead of what time it is.
That's it for me,
Thanks and have a great weekend and those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:06 AM   #3618

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

From the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabee’s.

I had a fun day yesterday. My early morning quail hunt turned into something similar to a chukar hunt. In explanation, chukars are gamebirds (devil birds) that live in remote alpine areas with a dreadful amount of verticality. Here’s an old joke – you can tell a chukar hunter by his small head and huge muscular thighs. My friend’s dog pointed two separate quail coveys but both points, by the time we struggled uphill the quail had all run off. In other words, no quail were harmed during yesterday’s activities. Thankfully, I’m in decent physical shape so it was simply an arduous but beautiful sunny day hike in gorgeous wild country, a wonderful day to be alive.

After the hunt we had lunch at Taco Giro. TG is a small Tucson based Mexican restaurant chain that I’ve come to really enjoy here in Sierra Vista. Kudos too TG for winning me over! If any reading this are in the Tucson area and looking for good inexpensive Mexican food I highly recommend Taco Giro's lunch specials.

Today I’m going to start repairs on one of my RV’s storage bays. During my trip over to Sierra Vista from San Marcos the plywood bottom almost dropped out of the bay. I transferred the storage to my Caravan and now I’d like the space back. It should be a simple enough job. I’ll first make a pattern of the floor from cardboard then cut out a new floor, put several heavy coats of paint on it and finally mount it back in place with aluminum or steel angle iron braces around the edges. Easy peasy!

Here’s wishing all ya’all good morning coffee and a wonderful day. Y’all up in the Northeast dealing with ice, I feel bad for you. I spent about half my life living in northeast Illinois and I'm very familiar with ice storms. BTW we had a small localized ice storm hit the Coronado National Monument a few weeks ago and it caused a helluva mess with fallen branches and trees. The rest of you stay warm, hunker down in front of the fireplace and enjoy the beautiful snow covered winter countryside. Life is good.

Steve
Old 01-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #3619

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post

Can anyone give me a ballpark price on a enclosed trailer to haul my 64 caddie in? I sure miss driving it. It's 21 ft 6 long. Do ya think the old gal would pull it? I towed our 99 deville on a KarKaddySS down here with no problem's pulling that but didn't have the extra weight of a trailer either.

Tim
Hey Tim;
No idea of prices on a trailer. I think there are some good ones out there that are fairly inexpensive. Used there seems to be a lot. My experience is only with stacker trailers. You are looking for a car hauler which will be a little over half what we were looking at.

We looked at a Haulmark stacker trailer. Price was decent but the trailer was 12,000 lbs so we were hooped to haul anything. We went with an inTech, all aluminum rig. It is 6500 curb. We also looked at a Featherlight but you could have knocked me down with a feather when I heard the price!!

Probably good to call inTech and talk to them about options to get an idea of what you want. Will not cost anything to talk to them. We picked it up at the factory and met a really good guy named Jim McConnell. Not sure if he is still there but worth a try. If he is not there the rest of the fellows seem to be decent as well.

Jim McConnell
574 773 9537 ext 15
jmcconnell@intechtrailers.com

Intech can build almost anything you want.

You are likely wanting a light trailer so you do not exceed the hitch and towing capacity. Check out the trailer prices and then look for a used trailer. Unless you are looking for special options a used trailer will be more than adequate for the job. With new price in hand you will be able to determine if the used price is decent or if you wish to upgrade.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #3620

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Sorry for all those in the storms path, it is no fun and often very dangerous. Two years ago we were without power before Christmas and I never want to do that again. We had a heater we used and kept it above 55 in the house which was a lot better than the 3 outside temps. Felt sorry for the guys who had to work out in it with all the people wanting their power back on.

Here in MI it is 25 outside and not much wind. I see grass about 50/50 in the yard and my car is actually clean and not covered in salt and or road slime.

John and his kids are doing OK. The funeral was rough but they got through it with friends and family. It will take time. He goes back to work Monday.

Well, better get busy, got stuff to do. You in the storm's path please stay safe. All others have a great day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #3621
bap

hey gang,,,
just finished removing the snow from the driveway at our house and rental properties also got my fil,s and the sons drive while i was at it...--i have always loved playing in the snow...lol--also been playing with the new polaris ranger 800..seems to do very well in the 10inch snow we got yesterday even with the tires that come on it..other than that we the whole family unit have been sitting around playing monopaly and deb has us all hooked on her homemade smoothies,,,lol

everyone enjoy this day and all that follow....stay safe...
...jeff
Old 01-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #3622

Well Folks , looks like a cozy weekend home with Sally and our 4 legged friends! Went out and got my 18hp/30" Snowblower out of our old work van, ready to do my usual battle with mother nature! Got about 20" with 3-4' drifts around the MH. Got myself good and wet when the snowblower acted up, Impeller belt is no good! Was all set to go get some new belts when Sally told me our Glorious Dictator in Chief, King Cuomo, Declared a state of emergency so no driving! So I gave up , will deal with it when it is over. Hope it doesn't turn into a block of ice! On a lighter note , the guy that put the decals on the pickup actually came over in this stuff to finish, it looks beautiful! Will post pics when I dig to the garage in the morning. Bobby
Old 01-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #3623

Bummer on the snow blower Bobby! Been there done that.

30* here, the storm is over, supposed to be sunny tomorrow and low 40's. Ice won't last long, the sun is strong down here.

Deb and I are going to take a day off tomorrow. Going to head up to the Pisgah National Forest and drive some of the dirt roads up there, check out the snow and play with our new Jeep. I plan to take her to lunch at my favorite place in Blowing Rock. They have 12 to 24" up there. Altitude gets it done!

L.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:26 AM   #3624

Good Morning!

Up early, can't sleep. Got maybe a cold coming on, keep coughing. 24* clear skies, can see the moon.

Tim, looking back on your question. Around here, enclosed trailers hold their value. It sounds like you would need a 24'. Sometimes you can find a good deal on a lightly used trailer, but many of them are near new prices. Of course here rust is not a problem. So if they didn't hit something, or just simply tear up the inside, the value is still there.

There are a number of trailer makers in South Georgia. Many of which advertise in the Atlanta and Charlotte Craigs list. They are not top end units, however many of them are good quality, and very much up to the job. Check out their ad's, maybe call a few. If you search enclosed trailers you will see their deals. The big savings is, picking up at the factory. For big trailers like that they can only ship max 2 at a time, the cost is high.

Combine a RV trip with picking up a trailer at the factory and it all works out.

L.

PS If the airports open Monday, I will be headed to Minneapolis for 4 days.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:48 AM   #3625

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
currently 51, yea baby
coffee is good on this fine Sunday Morning.

Sorry to all those snowed in, Don't over-do the sno shoveling.

Lloyd, man your going to Mpls and I'm in AZ, someday we shall meet.!!!! I think you missed the cold snap-10-15 below, now that is cold.

Didn't do much yesterday, the MH is waxed so I decided to wax the hub caps again. ( Anal retentive)

Had 4 leave the park and 4 came in yesterday they are keeping the place busy and full
Hate too sound like a broken record but I am not liking the Windows 10. I got some pic's to upload but can't do anything with them.

I missed the show last night that the guy behind us was to preform at the park next door to us where they are staying. I was flipping thru the channels waiting for Dinner and found boxing one of my favorite sports to watch. Main Event was for a new Champ to replace Mayweather (sp) who retired. Great Fight all 12 rounds.
Here is a pic at our Park of the MH with my new LED Awning lights. I think you can tell I like Blue...
I am rooting for the AZ football team this afternoon, since I'm here I feel obligated... Should be a good game.
Have a good day,
Tim

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/data/5...121_195857.jpg
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #3626

Coffee is great this morning it's a balmy 39* at 830 am in Southeast Texas....lol

We have a 9 year old cat that usually just sleeps and sits around but the past couple of mornings he has been prowling and hollaring.....I had made a cage without a bottom in it to sit on the ground for the chickens to scratch in and since there are no more chickens the cat gets to be put in it so he is safe outside and I think he is about to go to his cage.....driving us batty.....lol...my DW treats the cat like a baby he is soooo spoiled...lol

Spritz the rig looks awesome with the blue lights....I don't have any led's on my 5er yet but I think I would like the ones that can change colors so you could change the color depending on your mood or surroundings...one day soon I hope to be back at it all of you on here keep me focused on the prize ahead...

Well gotta pack and get fuel and prescriptions ready for next week....everyone enjoy your day and be safe

Mk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1453647529158.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	117240