Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #3627
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

19 and need the sun glasses this AM. WOW, is that sun bright but I love it, so much better than dreary.

Spritz, Looks very nice. It is a lot of work to wax a rig but sure makes them look nice. I have some touch up painting to do on handles and other odds come spring but will do some of that while camping. Just take my time. Everything I do though makes the neglect of the original owner look like it never happened.

Some people really got hit hard by the bad weather. We are having it so mild in MI but I can really feel sorry for those hit because I have lived it all my life. Of course that is why the MH and when retired bot being here for any of this.

Went to a gun show yesterday. It was packed! Lot's of old ones and other items. Lot of military items which I love looking through. Gobs of memories there.

Hope you all have a great day! Keep it safe and good health to all. Lynne

Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #3628
it sure dont take long to go snow blind here ...lol...loven it....man what a storm huh..

prayers to all that got it even worse than us though....

jeff n debbie, and our 4 4 legged family members
68 aristocrat,68 216 winnebago, ancient GTA,1963 airstream,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #3629
Goooodmorning all Y’all!!!

I love my morning coffee!

Yesterday turned into a day of rest. I’d planned on starting to replace the underneath storage bay floor and then my inner sloth/procrastinator took over. It was such a warm beautiful day that I went out on a motorcycle ride for the first time in weeks. Much more fun than work!

Here’s a picture taken in 2014 in Oregon of yours truly on my little Kawasaki KLR250. When I purchased it my testosterone wanted a KLR650 but for once my common sense took over and I got the smaller lighter, easier to handle bike and have been quite happy with it.

It’s supposed to be cooler today so I may wimp out on the motorcycling and set to work on the storage bay floor. Time will tell…

I hope all y’all up in the Great White North are staying warm and relaxing in front of the fireplace. Au revoir, from the land of sunny days, starry starry nights and ZZ Top wannabe’s.

PS Great work Tim, if you want to stop by on your way back north I’ll pay you to buff and wax my RV.
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #3630
Those lights remind me of the black lights we had at parties in the 60s
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:02 PM   #3631
Good evening!

Steve, I am jealous. No motorcycling here right now, too cold and we still have ice. Too bad we live so far apart.

Tim, that looks great. The entire place is a glow!

We took the jeep and headed to the national forest this morning. We had a great time. Places had over 2 feet of snow. I think we passed 3 other 4x4's the entire day. It keeps you a little on edge as if you get stuck,,,, your on your own cause no one may come your way for a long time. But we plowed through. It was fun to play in the snow, it has been many years.

I am traveling on business this week, going to be mostly out of touch.

Have a great week all!

2008 Thor Mandalay Presidio, 400 ISL
RVing since 1974!
Lots of Motorcycles
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:38 PM   #3632

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, We missed all the snow by 100 miles or so, Yahooo . Lloyd, safe travels this week, we used to snow run on seasonal roads but there always was more than one if we got stuck, and we had winches! Steve, the bike looks like fun, we've thought about getting one like that, just to have fun on. Bap, sure glad your having fun in the snow! Lynne, I used to like to go to the gun shows around here, haven't went in years. MK, I'm with you and Tim, I would like to put some ground effects lighting on. Tim, the rig looks very cool, nice job, you might look at an open trailer, the aluminum ones are very light. Bobby, hope your digging out down there, you guys got hammered!
Terry and Eleanor
94 Softail / 92 FXR
79 32' AMF Skamper 5th Wheel Toy Hauler
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:22 PM   #3633
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning All!! Coffee was very good today!
Well, trying to get pic's put on, dang, forgot how to do, so hope this works? We'll see??
Was very cold here this morning,(48*), but nothing like Bobby is going thru, I bet!
MK, the best to you and your treatment!
Bap, have fun playing in the snow!!
Steve, that 250 is just the right size for playing around off road!! I had a 175 Yamaha when I lived out in Az. in the early 70's, and it was just the right size of power and lightness!!
Well, everyone have a safe day, and stay warm! Rail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160123091526.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	117334

Name:	20160124104117.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	117335
Retired, and "Always on Holiday!"
1996 Monaco Windsor 38' "Mona"
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:33 PM   #3634
Great looking ride there rail!!!

mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:59 AM   #3635

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Currently 49
Forecasters forecast, is 60ties to lower 70ties this week,
Coffee is tasting mighty fine this morning.

I just don't get it, people driving thru the lot staring at me and as I wave they either just keep staring or look the other way 15-20 per day. Yesterday had a lady looking at me, I was waving to her and no response so I jumped out of my chair waving at the lady she finally waved. I told joe I'm going to drop my shorts next time and give um a full Moon that'll give um something to look at.. I'll be looking for a new park I bet.

Rail nice ride, I like that green and I like it in a MH too. Don't see many of them. Is that only available over there? Don't think I have seen one yet if not.

Thanks for the compliments on the lights. The remote has 44 buttons different shades of all colors. the only thing they don't do is chase which I was looking for. I'm going to start with ground affects next, I've seen a few down here and they look pretty nice. Some of the ones now are solar so I need sunny days for those. I had red on the awning lights last night and Blue and white on the ground for the country colors.

$39.00 @ HD for the Awning light tape the ones I really want are $159.00 and they have the chaser feature. I will use these for the ground affects. Also found some rope lighting here in Quartzite at the tents, $30.00 for a 39 foot rope light and are only in one color for up under the frame.

back in the 60ties ??? how about 70ties and 80ties and currently

Got the caps waxed yesterday and remounted correctly, a few of them were not so I got some vibration from those. Ideally I would love some chrome rims.

Not sure what to do today, maybe the tents, a drive around town, Look for a enclosed trailer for the 64, I wouldn't get anything done if it was here. Ogees the car could use a wax. Man retirement and warm winters, they sure go hand- in-hand.

congrat's too the Carolina Panthers, a real blow out. Safe travels.

I wish I could ride a bike again it was so fun, but kinda get the same satisfaction in the 64. Boy not sure on the waxing of your MH, it took me weeks to get mine done...

Saw a few cool looking tractors, Semi Type, pulling a 5th on the way out here and yours is going to fit right in. Makes me consider a 5th wheeler with a nice Peterbuilt out front.
Okay back to reality,
Those on the road be safe
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:58 AM   #3636
Thanks for the info on the lights Spritz. ...

mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:11 AM   #3637
Gooooodmorning all y’all!!!

As usual my morning coffee is delicious.

Yesterday was another lazy day and my inner sloth loved it! I stayed on the internet all morning researching summer travel plans as well as some consulting ideas have to make some money while also doing interesting (ie: enjoyable) work. I spent a long while socializing with my new neighbor. Henry’s an interesting fellow; he has a beautiful 1997 Class A Pace Arrow and is towing a trailer with a VW dune buggy and a VW powered rat-rod style trike. Just what I need next to me, a kindred spirit! We had a nice long lively discussion. I finally got started ripping the rotted plywood floor out of my front storage bay. The job is going easier than I’d hoped for. One nice thing is the old floor was carpeted with synthetic carpeting that is the exact dimensions as the rotted out floor, so I can use the carpet as a pattern when I cut out the new floor. Lucky me!

Today I need to wander over to Fort Huachuca and visit the two museums on the base as well as make inquiries about on base quail hunting. A longtime friend is dropping in from Anchorage next week to hunt quail and the base has some beautiful and hopefully lightly hunted quail habitat.

Tim you have to quit taking this no-wave business so personally, people from different parts of the country behave differently and not everyone waves back. I’m certain in Quartzsite you have many folks from the LA area. People living in congested urban areas behave differently from people in rural or small town America. I’ve even found a difference in large cities. I guarantee if you’ve spent significant time living in the Seattle, Chicago, and Houston areas like I have you’d notice different overall regional behaviors in people (heck, in Seattle “Right on!” is still a commonly used expression). My advice is to just let it go and accept the fact that many folks just aren’t going to wave back.

I hope all y’all here have a wonderful day today. I’m hoping for temps in the mid 70’s so that I can do my running around chores on my motorcycle and not have to wear a coat. This AZ weather sure does spoil a person!

Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #3638
Originally Posted by Geocritter View Post
Tim you have to quit taking this no-wave business so personally, people from different parts of the country behave differently and not everyone waves back.

I agree with Steve. I have noticed a difference along the east coast of the US. Here are some of my observations.

Down in Florida (at least some of the towns) folks are much more likely to say "Hey" and be friendly, even just walking down the street. On election day, people standing on street corners holding signs for their favorite candidate and cause while enthusiastically waving to cars is quite common. (Never saw that up north.) Also, billboards for churches are common in Florida.

As you head up to the Carolinas, they are still friendly, but seemed to be a little more reserved.

In NJ/NY saying "Hey" is considered offensive/rude. It is more common to hear "Hi" when talking to someone you see in passing. This is usually someone you know. Saying "How are you?" to a total stranger may get a reaction (verbal, or just a stare) that says "What's it to you?" Waving to strangers doesn't happen.

Further up the coast, I have heard stories of folks not talking to anyone they do not know at all. One of the university professors where my wife used to work in Florida owned a home in a small town in Maine. I believe he was originally from Maine and planned to retire there in a few more years. He, and his wife, spent their summers in Maine and the academic year in Florida when he taught. It took about 2-3 years of owning their Maine home before the locals would even talk to them.

So, it is often a regional culture thing. Don't let it bother you.
Charles and Beverly
1996 Fleetwood Wilderness 35' TT.
Hunting for a Class A DP for us.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:46 AM   #3639
true,,how true...----sure glad i live in ky where everyone wants to help each other and everyone pulls over and stops for funerals...

well heading to the doctors today to get my yearly check up,s--give,em some blood then turn and cough...lol,,,also getting the flue shot while there...

you all take care...
jeff n debbie, and our 4 4 legged family members
68 aristocrat,68 216 winnebago, ancient GTA,1963 airstream,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #3640
Well we got out of this mess in pretty good shape! Here are a couple pics of that white sunshine!Bobby
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tywsay.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	117395   Click image for larger version

Name:	yjqw.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	117396  

Name:	lelw.jpg