Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #3655

Winnebago Owners Club
Dont mind the drive. Looking forward to it. Perhaps we could go out for lunch.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2016, 11:35 PM   #3656

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee went down very good today!
Brrrrrrrrrrr, still very cold here! I know, 48* is not very cold to most of you, but when you are used to 90/100+ deg.s all the time, Wow!!
Steve, I grew up in central Il. in a small town outside Decatur! And I know all about the SIU party's back in the 70's, the Halloween party's were the best!! I went to a small Jr. college in Mattoon, Il. and also did a lot of hanging out at EIU in Charleston, Il.
Tim, I did see that MH on the irv2 site for sale! Very nice, and just what I am looking for!! BUT, I looked up the town in MI. where it was, (N. side of Detroit), and the person that listed it was their first post? And things started to not add up? It had already 2000 people that looked at the ad before me, one person had ask for more pic's, no answer? It was a deal for sure, if it was truly that nice of shape, But, I think it is a scam! Anyway, I would not ask a friend of mine to go to the Detroit area with cash or a cashiers check to buy a MH?! And I just passed it as one "too good to be true" I along with all the other 1999 people that looked at the ad, that thought the same thing!
Everyone have a great day! Rail

Old 01-27-2016, 06:25 AM   #3657

Morning All! Supposed to be a nice day today 45deg or so , should melt most of this white stuff, yay! Spent the entire day yesterday at my first Town Hall Meeting, what a joke, when you ask a question they just shut you down with, "we'll look into it" or "this is not a question and answer session", new Town Supervisor is an arrogant SOB and the councilmembers just wag their heads at everything he says! What's that song, "we gotta get outta this place, if it's the last thing we ever do"! Frank so glad you and Rita had a great time on the cruise! Welcome Back! Everyone have a Great Day and enjoy! Bobby
Old 01-27-2016, 08:32 AM   #3658

Good Morning from Minneapolis!

Cold here! So far a little snow each day I have been here, snow showers but the add a little to it each time.

16 when we left for the office this morning, supposed to warm up to 30,,, and stay there overnight.

I fly home tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:17 AM   #3659

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee sure went down lovely this AM. Very gentle soft snow coming down and 28 today. Hope you all have a nice one.

Lynne0
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #3660

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I love my morning coffee. Lately I’ve been drinking some sort of kona “blend” meaning there are at least a few kona beans in the mix. I’ll be so glad when I can get to Costco and stock up on their $5.00/lb house blend.

Yesterday was one looong and fun day. I left for my friends TT parked at the Parker Canyon Lake Campground at 7am. It’s an hour drive getting there, even taking a shortcut through the Fort Huachuca US Army base. 8am found me at my friends TT and by 8:20 we were off on the days quail hunting expedition. After a 45 minute drive over some serious jeep roads (roads even too rugged for my intrepid Dodge Caravan soccer-mom mobile) we finally arrived at our first, but not last, hunting site deep in the Huachuca Mountain foothills. What followed was 9 hours of hiking and hunting over some of the most vertically challenging rugged country I’ve experienced yet here in Arizona. I won’t bore y’all with details, only the observation that if we were hunting on a canyon floor my friends dog would invariably go on point somewhere up on the canyons ridgeline (my friend has a GPS device that can tell when/where the dog's pointing a bird). If we were hunting the ridgeline the dog would invariably go on point down on the canyon floor. Today my knees, ankles, and feet are aching testimony to yesterday’s activities. To be 28 again and not 68, reality can really suck, thank God for Aleve!

My friend hunting in a wide area on a canyon floor.

A narrow section of Parker Canyon with a very shallow stream flowing from Parker Canyon Lake. Yes, just after I took this photo the dog went on point way up on the ridge line on the other side of the stream.

Later this morning I’m heading into Fort Huachuca to inquire about on-base quail hunting. I have an old high school buddy flying in from Anchorage to hunt quail and I’m sure the on-base quail hunting would be great. From what I gleaned from their website it’s only open to active military and veterans. I’m neither, but my friend is a vet so I’m hoping I can put something together for him and I’ll tag along as the official camera man. FWIW my Alaskan friend is in great shape and can probably out hike me!

I hope all y’all are doing well and staying warm!

Steve
Old 01-27-2016, 10:03 AM   #3661

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks like the hiking is worth the views you get.

BAP - check out this thread. Junk yard find

Hope you have a great day everyone.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #3662

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon everyone,
Coffee was good this morning, had a little rain last night, a little over an inch, but it is relatively warm 69*, going to about 72* this afternoon. Finally slowed down a little today, Rita is learning the reservations software up at the office, so I am having a quiet afternoon. Going out on Cook's night out this evening to a Cuban restaurant, so that will be a little different than normal.
Bobby,
Best to sty away from the local leaders, you will only get yourself more worked up. Thanks for the welcome back.
Our kitty is sitting on the table with me wanting to be petted(she must have missed us), so if I misspell something, you know why.
Steve,
Those are wonderful pics, hope you are enjoying yourself out there.
Have a good Afternoon and Evening All,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 06:12 PM   #3663

Good Evening Everyone,
What happened, no one posted this morning? Coffee was good, golf got rained out, it started about 11;30 and just quit about 15 min ago, no hard rain but steady. At least it is fairly warm at upper 60's. Cuban restaurant was different, food was good, a little bland for my tastes, but not bad. Hope that everyone is well and the bad weather stays away from your area.
Frank
Old 01-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #3664

Winnebago Owners Club
Going to ride to Quartzite tomorrow to meet up with Tim and Joe. All is arranged. I know the coffee will be good and the conversation great.

Nice to take the bike out for a run as well.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:53 AM   #3665

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good this morning!!
Frank, Cuban food bland? I would expect it to be spicy and very lively?
Gordon, be safe on your ride, enjoy your time with Tim and Joe!
Well, yesterday I lost my phone It must have fell off of my belt when getting out of the truck? Now have to shop for the new phone Looking at a Sony? Sounds like a good one? I guess I will do some research online?
The weather here is getting back to normal, temps are coming back up! Sun is back out today! Sure am glad, I do not like the cold weather anymore!
Everyone, have a great day! Rail!
Old 01-29-2016, 02:03 AM   #3666

Good Morning from the mountains of Afghanistan,

My outside activities will be limited today by light snow and cool temperatures.

Best wishes to all the IRV2 family.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:54 AM   #3667

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, glad that the sun is out even if it is cool out 50*, after 2 days of rain.
Gordon,
Enjoy your visit with Tim and Joe. Give them our best wishes.
Rail,
Sorry to hear about your phone, that is a real pain, having to reinstall all your contacts , etc.
Dtwallace,
Welcome aboard, stay safe and stay in touch.
Frank
Old 01-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #3668

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I’ve had most of my morning coffee so I’m starting to feel sociable.

Yesterday was another day of rest. In the morning I visited the Ft Huachuca Sportsman’s Center to learn about on-base quail hunting opportunities. I was hoping to clear it for my visiting Alaskan friend who's a veteran. I was disappointed to learn that you have to be a retired veteran to qualify, so that excludes my veteran friend. I guess being a tax paying US citizen ain’t worth much either. This late in the hunting season the quail are so scattered it’s going to be tough to get him on birds. Time will tell how lucky we are and that’s pretty much what it’ll be, a matter of luck.

I finally began repairs on my passenger side basement storage bin. Back in November, on the way from San Marcos TX to Sierra Vista AZ, the bin’s rotted plywood floor almost collapsed. I was lucky to spot it hanging down during a rest area lunch stop and “temporarily” moved the storage into my toad, where it’s been ever since. I used that green pressure-treated plywood, so hopefully the repair will last for the duration of time I own the rig. I have over half a sheet of plywood leftover so I think I’ll replace the similarly failing floor in the driver’s side basement bin as well. I sure don’t want a repeat of last November with possibly disastrous consequences. These RV’s are like houses, there’s always something that needs fixing!

So that’s it, another exciting day in paradise. At least I’m getting some of my home-on-wheels many deferred repairs and maintenance projects done. It is interesting, thinking back I seem to be programed to do this type of work in the spring and fall and tend to have no motivation at all to do it in the summer or winter, no matter what the weather. How very strange I’m working on my RV now, in the winter. But then again, I am in Arizona the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, ZZ Top wannabe’s, and now wintertime RV projects.

Steve