Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #3669

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 46
maybe a high of 70 and predicting 80 Saturday, Yea baby,
I slept all night and didn't get up until 7 AM That is a first in months. Feel great. and the coffee is great too.
Looking toward our meeting with Gordon this afternoon. Gordon be safe on your ride up too Quartzsite. I'm gong to make my favorite brew and that is Dunkin Donuts brand!!! YUMIE I might even use my Percolator too make it too.

Well yesterday was a wash. We went up to Lake Havasu to see a Doc to get us our meds while here this winter, had too fill out 15 pages of my life's history. Took almost a hour, then waited another hour to see the doc for a 15 minute visit.
We got the scripts we needed then the nightmare started @ Walgreens, I swear If I ever go there again I told joe too shoot me. We had to wait almost 3 1/2 hours for them to get refiled. Got Mine but Joes WC carrier refused too approve his. He's been on the same meds for almost 10 years and yet they refused because we are in AZ.
Its around 80 miles 1 way. So if/when she approves them another 160 miles to get them . So we got home around 9:00 pm.
It was a nice drive, we had a coyote run across the highway, we didn't hit it. Back home its the Deer and here its Coyote.

Rail sorry to hear you lost your cell phone. What a Headache, We have Samsung's and are quite happy with them.

Geocritter, you have too come up here Joe saw around 15 Quail on his morning walk. I guess that's why they call the RV Park Quail Run!!!!!!

Lloyd hope you enjoyed Minnesota this week.

That's about it From Here,

Have a great Friday and a wonderful Weekend,
And those on the road be safe,
See ya this afternoon Gordon,

Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #3670

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Going to be working this weekend so not on here much probably. It's been very busy at work. Way too many sick patients and they have been very ill. I'm tired.

John got back the death certificate on his wife. 48 yrs old and she had a Pulmonary Embolism and DVT. This lady was about 120 lbs but smoked like a chimney. One more thing finished so they can move on.

His company did something really amazing too. John didn't have life insurance on Traci. The company called the funeral home, found out how much the funeral was, and paid it. You don't see that kind of thing happening very often. I just love them for this.

Well, going to get going. Hope you all have a great weekend. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:33 PM   #3671

Winnebago Owners Club
Back from a visit with Tim and Joe.

Both of them are excellent hosts. Coffee was great.

Ride up and back was enjoyable. Good to get back on the motorcycle.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #3672

Evening all!

Back from Minneapolis, business travel has worn me out. Weather there was pretty good all things considered. 16* one morning, day time in the low 30's.

49* here as I write this, headed to 60* tomorrow.

My cat buddy diesel missed me bad, worked from home today all day while he layed on one arm while I tried to work on the computer. He is still there!

Have a good night all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:00 AM   #3673

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 56, Getting there,
Had a great afternoon yesterday while meeting with Gordon, He's got a awesome Gold Wing and the color is almost the same as my 64, a beautiful bike. He also brought a box of Donuts and mixed Sweet rolls a real plus. And We had Dunkin Donuts coffee. Thanks again Gordon, They're great. even saved a couple for today. Looking forward to coming down to lookc @ some of the parks/resorts there.

Rail,
looked at a 07 Alfa Seeya Owners yesterday a real nice rig one I would love to have everything we want on a MH 3 slides a 300 Comapart Allison trannie. I thought was like a 38 - 40 footer and it was a 35 footer. Real good shape but they are asking more than u wanted to pay and out of reach for us but it was a beautiful MH.

That's about it from here,
Have a great weekend.
And those on the road be safe,
Tim
Old 01-30-2016, 08:40 AM   #3674

Goooodmorning all yall!!!

I'm enjoying my morning coffee and nursing my aching back.

Back in the 6th grade I injured my back and ended up with two compressed discs. Every so often it flares up as if to remind me of my childhood stupidity. Apparently, replacing the floors in both my driver and passenger side front storage bins and working while kneeling and bent over for some time was too much for my back. Once again Im very thankful for Aleve. Fortunately, all I have left is the tightening of the odd nut, bolt and screw and Im done. I just hope Im okay for my friends visit on Tuesday. Id hate to have someone fly in from Alaska for a few days of hunting only to be laid up with a sore back.

So thats it for today, though a friend and I may visit the Buffalo Soldiers Museum at Ft Huachuca this afternoon.

Yall in the Great White North stay warm! From the land of sunny days, starry starry nights and ZZ Top wannabes.

Steve
Old 01-31-2016, 04:25 AM   #3675

Good morning!

38* here, on our way to 65*. I can't sleep, caught a cold thingie, keep coughing and it wakes me up. Ugh

Last day of January, this month seemed to fly by. Tomorrow is Deb and my 46th anniversary. We went out to dinner last night and celebrated. There is a very nice rest in the little town we live in, really enjoyed it.

Going to a revealing party this afternoon. Friends of ours daughter is expecting, at the party they will announce boy or girl. This is my first revealing party!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:49 AM   #3676

Thought you all might enjoy this....

Volkswagen Takes Trailering to the Extreme in New Video | Digital Trends

L.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:37 AM   #3677

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, no coffee clutch this morning, so had to make my own. going to warm up here till Thursday before it cools down again.
Gordon and Tim, glad that you guys had a good visit, along with Joe. Hope that we can meet up soon. Alfa units are a very nice coach, I have a Gold 5er and we love it.
Steve,
Hope that you didn't overdo too much, and can enjoy your hunt with your friend.
Lloyd,
Happy anniversary to you and Deb from Rita and I. Hope that you feel better soon and that cold thingy doesn't persist.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:47 AM   #3678

Winnebago Owners Club
Happy Anniversary Lloyd and Deb. Hope you have many more anniversaries to come.

As mentioned had a great visit with Tim and Joe. Was impressed with the MH and caddie. Both looked primo! The MH was polished to a high shine. Tim said it was only done up to the top of the windows but I could not see the difference.

One of the pups had got into the car and would not get out. Thought it was really cute. Tim said she had been left behind in the MH in the morning and now would not get out of the car so she would not be left behind again. Joe got her out of the car amid much growling. A few scratches under her chin by Joe seemed to solve the hurt feelings.

51 here this morning but a cold front is coming in. Going to the low 60 for highs by Wednesday so time to get the jackets out again.

Hope everyone had a grand day.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:21 AM   #3679

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee was good this morning!
Lloyd, good one on the VW link! I used to love the VW ad's on TV of yesteryear! Always very well thought out and entertaining! That one made me laugh and wonder how they did it, and thought there must be someone in the trailer driving it! Sorry you caught a cold!
Gordon, thanks for the link, but all of those MH's are out of my reach, in fact, not one in my price range? Yes, better break out the coats! The non-snowbirds will have their parka's on!
Tim, just curious on why you went to Lake Havasu and not Blythe? Blythe is way closer and they have everything you would need? Also Parker is closer too? Also, you can get all your drugs in Los Algodones, MX. with out a prescription, and at a 1/10th of the cost! Just have to have a passport to get back into the U.S. If you are scared of the going out of the country thing, meet up with Gordon, and have him show you the ropes! I lived there for 4 years, and it is a nice town! They are set up to cater to snowbirds, and it is very laid back! Many, many Pharmacy's, Dentist's, Eyeglasses, ETC. You can buy all kinds of things from the street vendors, and get a very good meal at the many cafes too! If you do go, let me know, and I can tell you the best places to go!
Steve, take care of your back, and may the Quail's be many!!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-01-2016, 06:42 AM   #3680

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lloyd, Happy Anniversary, may you have many more! Steve, take care of that back. Gordon, how far is Quartz Site from where you are? great that you and Tim and Joe could get together. Rail, your memory of the area is amazing. Weather here is still warm, 51* at 7:40 AM, not going to argue. Have a Great Day All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:53 AM   #3681

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs down Man - o- man i just lost my post

STARTING OVER,
Morning,
No weatherman this am
Had a Pepsi before my coffee today and that is a first in years since that's happened.
Boy sure sounds like a lot of shootings in and around Phoenix/Tucson areas, We have um at home too but not every night
Man it is so windy that I took down the flag pole and awnings are up I thought the MH was going to come off the blocks. So far still windy this AM. My Furnace just came on.

Thanks Gordon we enjoyed your company also. We might try the Mexican side of the border for our next orderr of meds, well I will Joes passport isn't valid. . You guys getting blown around down there?

Ya know Rail, I'm not sure why, I think it was because we got them filled at Walgreens back home, and they are W/C's I looked for a Sams and a Walgreens together. Because of the way we were treated @ Walgreen's we will look for somewhere that want's our business. I refuse too go to another Walgreens.

Harley94,
We should start a Forum for those of us that have met, or is there one? Maybe met at a irv2 rallies?? Maybe make a record on Guinness book.

Franka548
Is your Alfa a 4 season? That's a must have. The Class A I was looking at had heated basement and the AC/Heat Bumps were in the rear by the engine. Less drag I would think. I think that is why Foretravlers have the rails on the top's of there MH's.????
Steve. those birds I was telling ya about are Partridge instead of Quail's??
That's it from my MH,
Those on the road be safe,

Tim
Old 02-01-2016, 08:00 AM   #3682

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs down Man - o- man i just lost my post

STARTING OVER,
Morning,
No weatherman this am
Had a Pepsi before my coffee today and that is a first in years since that's happened.
Boy sure sounds like a lot of shootings in and around Phoenix/Tucson areas, We have um at home too but not every night
Man it is so windy that I took down the flag pole and awnings are up I thought the MH was going to come off the blocks. So far so good this AM.

Thanks Gordon we enjoyed your company also. We might try the Mexican side of the border for our next orderr of meds, well I will Joes passport isn't valid. . You guys getting blown around down there?

Ya know Rail, I'm not sure why, I think it was because we got them filled at Walgreens back home, and they are W/C's I looked for a Sams and a Walgreens together. Because of the way we were treated @ Walgreen's we will look for somewhere that want's our business. I refuse too go to another Walgreens.

Harley94,
We should start a Forum for those of us that have met, or is there one? Maybe met at a irv2 rallies?? Maybe make a record on Guinness book.

Franka548
Is your Alfa a 4 season? The Class A I was looking at had heated basement and the AC/Heat Bumps were in the rear by the engine. Less drag I would think. I think that is why Foretravlers have the rails on the top's of there MH's.????
Steve. those birds I was telling ya about are Partridge instead of Quail's??
That's it from my MH,
Those on the road be safe,

Tim