Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #3683

Winnebago Owners Club
Crossing the border is no issue. Glad to go across. Getting back with some drugs may be an issue without script. Oxycodin and Tramadol are on the restricted list to my knowledge. Tramadol for sure, Janet got turned back because they do not recognize CDN doctors. With script I think you can bring a 6 month supply but I am not positive about that figure. Border Patrol operates by it's own rules.

We had a terrible wind yesterday afternoon and into the night. I spent several hours wiping down and polishing out some scratches. It started getting cloudy and then all of a sudden the wind hit. There were several times when the berries hitting the roof sounded like rain. I imagine there will be a bushel of leaves to rake up. Ficus trees are very dirty when it comes to dropping leaves and twigs. It was calm first thing this morning but looking out I can see the trees are starting to move.

Going to finish coffee, go out and rake the leaves and then get back to wiping down the coach. Have a great day everyone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #3684

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s snowing outside! OH MY, THIS IS TERRIBLE... OH, THE HUMANITY!!! Not to worry though, as long as I have my coffee to keep me warm I’ll survive.

I slept well last night; got nearly eight hours of sleep, it must’ve been a catchup-on-sleep night. My back’s feeling better, but since occasional lower back pain has been a life-long problem I knew it would be okay, just a matter of time. I spent time yesterday cleaning up my home-on-wheels and now I’m sitting here admiring yesterday’s labors and wishing I could just keep it cleaned up on a daily basis, but seeing as how sloth is one of my two worst vices that’s not going to happen, LOL.

Tim, we have three types of upland game birds in this part of Arizona, they are gambles, scaled, and mearns quail. Probably, what you’re seeing in Quartzsite are gambles. Ruffed grouse are what people in the northeast refer to as partridges. However, ruffed grouse (partridge) are widely distributed across the US and can be found in some of the forested areas of northern Arizona. Now if only I could actually hit a decent percentage of the quail I shoot at, instead of having to rely on finding accident-prone birds…

Later I’m going out to take some pictures. It’s interesting, things I take for granted in other places I’ve lived, such as snow and rivers that actually contain flowing water, are photo-worthy here in Arizona.

Y’all stay warm and whether it’s snowy and cold or sunny and warm, wherever you’re at be thankful that you’re there to enjoy it.

Steve

Old 02-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #3685

Winnebago Owners Club
Quartzite is about 80 miles from Yuma. It is a nice ride. Temperature dropped about 8 degrees according to the thermometer on the bike. It was interesting to see all of the folks out boon docking (I think I missed the crowded time). There were numerous vendors still set up but the heavy crowds and traffic seemed to be gone.

Ran into a couple of construction zones but there was no work going on. One section had been fogged so the marking lines were barely visible. If this were at home they would be paving it as the next step. I think they will just repaint the lines and leave it.

When I was heading up the BP checkpoint was not manned. On the way back it was manned. I waved and all of them waved back. They must have been really bored.

Got home just as the sun was setting. Last few miles was directly into the sun but traffic was light so no issues.

Well I have dawdled long enough over coffee and the forum that I see the w**d has picked up. I am scared to go out and see what the dust has done to the area I cleaned yesterday. Perhaps I will just pour another coffee and procrastinate going out to see the dust results. Drat - only have a cup left.

Have a great day.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #3686

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Irv2 has struck again! Did the copy thing after spending 45 min's writing out a post, and irv2 wanted me to jump thru hoops with this bull$hit security crap, jumped thru three different Capcha's and the last one was a copy and paste thing, did that, and lost my post!!!! I am really fed up with this crap!! If Irv2 can't get it together better than this?? Not worth wasting my time with??:nonono :
Well everyone have a nice day!! Rail!
Old 02-02-2016, 06:46 AM   #3687
bap

happy groundhog day....
Old 02-02-2016, 06:46 AM   #3688
bap

happy groundhog day..
Old 02-02-2016, 07:46 AM   #3689

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Well, Irv2 has struck again! Did the copy thing after spending 45 min's writing out a post, and irv2 wanted me to jump thru hoops with this bull$hit security crap, jumped thru three different Capcha's and the last one was a copy and paste thing, did that, and lost my post!!!! I am really fed up with this crap!! If Irv2 can't get it together better than this?? Not worth wasting my time with??:nonono :
Well everyone have a nice day!! Rail!
Rail, I've had some frustration with that too. However, I typically write my post in Word and then cut & paste it into the forum message box, then if the new forum PITA gives me a hassle I still have the original. BTW, it's something I've always done to help out my ADD addled brain so I don't post something really dumb.

Steve
Old 02-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #3690

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently, 39
Will it ever get warm, highs in the fifties this week.
Furnace just kicked on.
Rent was Due yesterday along with the electric bill, man those little heaters sure use the juice , were here for anther month.
I agree Rail Its really a pain in the rear and this is the only site that it happens to me . very frustrating.
The winds have dyed down for now anyway.
Coffee is going down well.
Bought some reflector sheeting for the windshield yesterday, hoping it protects the dash from the heat (if we ever get any) currently have bath sheets covering the dash. We still haven't installed the window tint, (on the inside, hey Terry)LOL . That will sure help on sunny afternoons/dusks driving. Sure would have thought it would be standard on a MH of this Class .

Going back up too Lake Havasu today too get Joe's scripts. The case manager must of woke up or Joe's lawyer put a match under her (u know) because she approved them yesterday.
Boy I wish I had the convert too go there in, almost as fun as on a Bike. Come too think of it I didn't see any Enclosed Trailers for sale here @ Quartzsite.
Well that's about it,
Have a great Day & those on the Road be safe....
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:50 AM   #3691

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Rail I hear you. I have been frustrated numerous times with the forum. I suppose they have issues with all of the features they are integrating. Some of them are pretty nice, others I do not care for. Anyway I imagine the code is getting pretty complex and when something is changed or added the downstream effects are sometimes erratic - to say the least.

I am with Tim. A bit warmer here in Yuma but only by a couple degrees. We are below average temps this year. Unfortunately it is going to blow again today. Calm right now but I see the tree tops are starting to move. Will be highs of 63 for the next couple days then supposed to warm up. They said that the last time and it did not warm up that much.

Still without adult supervision for a few days. Janet will be back tomorrow. Pretty quiet around here when she is gone.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:19 AM   #3692

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, breakfast with Dad was even better. Gordon, you and Tim should have come to Florida, we are having a warmer than normal winter, yesterday just missed 80*, supposed to hit mid 80's today. Rain and a cool front for Thursday.
Tim, I don't know if they consider my Alfa a 4 season unit, but the holding tanks are heated and we have been in the upper teens with it with no freeze problems. The heat pumps and A/C units are underneath instead of on the roof. The heat pumps work good until 40*, then the gas furnace is used. It has held up well for being used full time for over 3 years.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #3693
bap

not to worry not to worry the ole groundhog did not see his shadow= early spring..
Old 02-02-2016, 12:45 PM   #3694

I saw that last year Phil the groundhog bit the mayor's ear!
Thatskemmmmbarasskin'!

Yesterday's temps here was 59* today 44* tomorrow 45*w/an inch of rain. Guess I'll soon find out how my new AC gasket is going to work!

I don't in any way expect it to just get warmer........but it SURE WOULD BE NICE !!!!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #3695

Winnebago Owners Club
Frank - we are at the mid 60's for a couple days then supposed to be getting warmer. Was 78 the day I visited Tim and Joe.

We will be getting warmer soon - I hope!!!
Old 02-03-2016, 02:08 AM   #3696

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone! Coffee was good today!
Well, just got back from the mall, ordered my new phone! Of course they did not have the one I wanted in stock! Should be here Friday or
Sat.
Steve, if I could figure out how to work some of these programs, I would do that, but I am lucky to be able to get online, let alone know how to operate this laptop! I will try (One Note) and see if I can do it that way?
Our cold snap is over and the weather here is warming back up, was 90* today!
I feel for everyone fighting the cold weather, and lets hope that darn'ed ole groundhog was right!
Workers are installing the framework for the roof and side's to make our carport 3/4's covered! Then we will have to install light's! We have 2 now, but will need more, I am thinking!! Also installing another locking cage/shelve for the overflow drugs that seem to always be to many!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!