Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:40 AM   #3711

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;

Hope everyone is feeling better and well on the way back to good health. Fellow staying beside us has had a cold for a week and cannot seem to shake it.

Yup the weather guy is predicting warmer weather coming next week. I would be happy if the wind stopped blowing. The sand racers like it because it smooths the dunes and gives them new tracks to make. I am not a sand racer so the smoothing of the dunes does not have to happen IMO. I would be willing to share - say one day of wind and 30 without!! LOL

"Can I just bring/use my bottles that have refills left on them or do I need to have my doc send me hard copy's of the meds needed?
You know we are here till the first of April. Maybe we can get a spot in your park for the month of March. The pool might feel good if we are going to be in the 80ties? Then you can show us the ropes of getting in and out ?"

Tim - good questions. I do not know about the bottles. We have never been able to bring any restricted drugs back. Janet was turned back with a Canadian prescription. The agent (jerk) said if the doctor did not have us privileges they would not accept the script. It would not hurt to have the hard copy on hand. A query to the Border Patrol asking about the requirements to bring back your specific drugs may be in order. The other thing is to take empty bottles down as you suggest, fill them and try to bring them back. Worst that will happen is they will send you back. Don't tell if they ask is an option but not one that I recommend as I do not know how punitive they will be if they catch you. There seems to be some vague system they use to arbitrarily pull some folks in for further checking regardless.

I think there will be room here for you to come for April. I will check at the office. Seems to be a number of empty spots right now. We will be skiing until the middle of March and then will be leaving the beginning of April as well. The rumor is that there is road work going on for the next couple years and there will be 300 workers. Park says if you do not have a space rented by the year they cannot guarantee you will have a space starting next summer.

Looks like another day where the sand racers will be happy with the dune smoothing. Not as bad as yesterday so things may be getting better.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #3712

The report on the AC gasket is NO report....
The rain this week was more like sprinkles and the 6" of snow today is not wet enough either! So no real test yet.
PS: It's still snowing

Old 02-05-2016, 09:55 PM   #3713

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!
Well, made a offer on a MH in Florida that Frank went and checked out for me! We will see? It was a low offer, so, "You don't know if you don't ask" is my motto!
Tim, I do not think you need any perscriptions to get the drugs from the pharmacy in MX., but, you may need to have them to show the BP when you cross back into the states. I got anti-depresent drugs for a few people, when I was living down there, and if they ask, I just told them what I had, left the bags on the back seat open, so they could look in them if they wanted, and never was ask for any script's! If you are walking back across the border and carrying the drugs, I do not think you will have any problems at all, especially if you have the script's! They limit you to how much you can bring back at a time, (three mo. supply is what I remember) and you just ask the lady at the pharmacy when you get it! Or you can go to the border patrol web site, and see if they have it posted, I think they do! They will ask you when you come back across, do you have anything to declare? Just tell them what you have, you do not have to go into detail, just the name of the drugs will do, and anything else, like a bottle of vanilla, marshmello's, and the sort!!
Bobby, take care in that slushy snow, if it get's cold enough to freeze! Good to hear from you!
Still nothing from Curtis and Jay? I miss their stories!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #3714

Happy Saturday!

Rail, I hope that unit comes through for you! Might be the end of a long search!

Got a few odds and ends to button up on our coach today, modifying the back engine access cover so that it can be opened by removing pins, raher than the current bolts. Might get to charging the A/C later today.

We should be having a ok, weekend, sunny and 50* each day.

Have a great weekend all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:12 AM   #3715

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Sorry Tim, misread it. Terry, Hope Eleanor is better soon. Hope all others get well soon and back to living life to the fullest.

Lunch with friends yesterday was a blast! It was like we never had been apart. Sat for 3 1/2 hours talking and laughing and remembering. I had set it up so not everyone knew all who were coming. The surprise was great! Next time I am going to try to get more of us together.

Day 4 of my 5 days off and it has been very relaxing. I need to do this more often but don't want to take up more of my camping time. Spring is getting closer!

Take care all, Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #3716

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!
Well, made a offer on a MH in Florida that Frank went and checked out for me! We will see? It was a low offer, so, "You don't know if you don't ask" is my motto!
Tim, I do not think you need any perscriptions to get the drugs from the pharmacy in MX., but, you may need to have them to show the BP when you cross back into the states. I got anti-depresent drugs for a few people, when I was living down there, and if they ask, I just told them what I had, left the bags on the back seat open, so they could look in them if they wanted, and never was ask for any script's! If you are walking back across the border and carrying the drugs, I do not think you will have any problems at all, especially if you have the script's! They limit you to how much you can bring back at a time, (three mo. supply is what I remember) and you just ask the lady at the pharmacy when you get it! Or you can go to the border patrol web site, and see if they have it posted, I think they do! They will ask you when you come back across, do you have anything to declare? Just tell them what you have, you do not have to go into detail, just the name of the drugs will do, and anything else, like a bottle of vanilla, marshmello's, and the sort!!
Bobby, take care in that slushy snow, if it get's cold enough to freeze! Good to hear from you!
Still nothing from Curtis and Jay? I miss their stories!
Rail is right. Not prescriptions required at the pharmacy. There are a few drugs they will tell you you cannot take across but will sell you anyway.

However there are several drugs that BP will not let you just walk across. I know one is Tramadol and possibly Oxycodin. Janet was told she had to have script for Tramadol and a Canadian doctor was not recognized. I take that to indicate you should be able to bring those drugs over with a US physician script.

Other than one instance with Tramadol we have not had any issues with bringing stuff back. We do not take our car across as our insurance is not valid in Mexico. Walking is not that far so all our experiences are at the walk up window.

Say - is anyone getting an extra step when they try to post. I got a one more step screen where I had to check a box that said "I am not a robot" before it would post this.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #3717

Good Morning all! Got rid of the snow again, but hurting a little as it was wet slushy stuff under the white stuff. Had quite a wrestling match with my snowblower. Supposed to be 42 today, so some more melting, but they are talking about more this week. Going to get the propane bottles filled today so I have some heat in the garage. Just going to put the pickup together the best I can with what I have . Gotta get out of here soon! It will look presentable with the new paint, then when we get back I'll finish it when it is warmer and I can work on it outside. Want to get to Florida soon as everyone will be leaving soon! Tim, sorry to hear about your ear problem, when I was about 8-9 yo, I climbed a street sign pole, a girl tickled me and I fell on the side of my head and some fluid came out. I could not stand or walk for sometime. Eventually it went away but not before my father told me I was faking and threatened to give me a piece of his belt! Take care everyone! Bobby
Old 02-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #3718

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Coffee was good this morning,weather not so much, cool and drizzling.
Bobby,
I wouldn't be in a big hurry to get down here, the next week is supposed to be cool and off and on rain, after this next week though, it is supposed to be back in the upper 70's.
Rail,
If you get the MH, we will talk about how to get it up here and where to store it. I hope it works out for you.

Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #3719

Evening all!

Well no go on the a/c recharge. I guess I should have gotten into the details earlier. Turns out my compressor (which was installed new by the dealer) is a Sanden,,, which uses SP-15 refrigerant oil. I didn't look until this morning figuring when ready I would get some oil. Well, SP-15 is rare as hen's teeth! None of our autoparts stores have it, and NAPA says the nearest can is 300 miles away in their inventory (NAPA distribution center in Charlotte don't have). So I ordered some, will need to wait to do the recharge. If I understand correctly, they use this in the large displacement compressors.

Rail, my fingers are still crossed. Hope you get the coach!

Nice day here today, 50* or so, sunny blue sky.

Lynne, nothing beats time with old friends. It always surprises me how quickly things get back to how they were,,,, like you never were apart.

Have a great evening.

L.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #3720

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Well, got a email back from the guy selling the MH in Florida, and he sold it! So the hunt continues! I am not too upset about this, as I hit him with a really low offer, as it needed some work to get it 100% As Frank said, (1 and 1/2 days cleaning on the fridge alone!!
Frank, thank you for going to look at it for me! I also had a nice talk with my long time buddy that lives N. of Tampa and he has room for a MH at his house or his warehouse, so if I find one down in Florida, I have a place to keep it till I get there! He is a old business partner and trucking buddy, and it was good to catch up with him! He has a HVAC co. that he started with his son, and at 67 is still working! He told me that he is planning to retire in august/sept. and was also looking at buying a MH!
I also got my new phone, and am trying to learn how to use it
Gordon, I have had that security Capcha thing, and had it make me jump thru 2 or 3 of them, and after that, it never posts anything, and goes to a blank Irv2 screen. And when you go back, your post is gone? I can understand the security issues, but at least, have ones that work correctly! After all, we are logged in under our names, and are clearly not hackers or robots
Lynne, glad you had time with some old friends! That is always fun!
Lloyd, hope the Panthers do good! The Super Bowl in even on over here, but it starts at 6:30 am Maybe I will get to see the halftime show?
Old 02-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #3721

Morning all!

38* here. Looks overcast.

Bummer, I had hopes that Rail/Frank had found the one! The search continues!

Diesel cat and I are just having a slow morning. Sitting here watching the TV and trying to figure out what to do today. I feel like I am doing all the thinking!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #3722

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

35 this am and the coffee went down well at 0430. No sun, wish the sun would come out. That is what is so bad about MI winters. No sun. The rest of this year and one more and it will be the last for a long while.

Mobile guy is coming out Wed to go over what we want fixed. He does not do windows so will still have to find another guy to do that but have a call in for that. I like the idea of a mobile unit so we don't have to drive it 2 hours each way to have something fixed.

Going out to breakfast with the husband so need to go. Hope all have a great day! Take care.
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:23 AM   #3723

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

I awoke this morning feeling generally achy and sore. However, after my delicious morning coffee and two Aleve Iím feeling much much better. Yesterday was my last day of hunting season, the season officially ends today but these 68 year old legs of mine have trouble tromping around the Huachuca Mountain foothills for two days in a row. I ended the season yesterday with a marathon 8am-5pm hunt followed by a quail feast at a friendís TT in the Parker Canyon Lake Campground and a nice after-hunt campfire and BS session. I straggled back to my home-on-wheels at 10:30pm exhausted by my long days hunt.

The past week was a great final week to a wonderful hunting season. Last week an old high school buddy, whoís lived in Anchorage for the last 40 years, flew into Phoenix to visit one of his daughters. While here in AZ he drove down to Sierra Vista for two solid days of quail hunting with me. Itís the end of the season and his springer spaniel, an excellent flushing dog when hunting SD pheasants, just wasnít cut out for quail hunting in wooded areas. He kept flushing birds out of shooting range for the heavily wooded conditions. Still, my friend of 40 years is the best hunting partner Iíve ever had and it was wonderful fun hunting with him again.

Lynne, you need to be here in AZ, the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabeís. Iím half Norwegian and actually like snow and cold weather but I canít stand the dismal northern winters and the SAD I invariably end up with. If it werenít for SAD Iíd probably be living in Alaska now!

Steve
Old 02-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #3724

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning
Lynne - I am sorry but 4:30 is too early for the sun to be up. That is why it is dark at that time of the night. LOL It is still dark here at 6 am!

Now summer time at home the sun will be up at 4:30. Summer time that seems to be OK. Makes for a very long day. Wonder what it is like in Alaska when the sun does not go down during the summer. Have seen programs where they put foil and the like over windows so they can sleep in the dark.

Right now in the SW corner of AZ it is windy and warm. The wind takes away a lot of the enjoyment of the warm. Fortunately it is not too bad under the trees and the wind does go down in the evening. This has been the longest stretch of windy days in a row in the 9 years we have been here. Supposed to be getting better later in the week.

Hope everyone has a great day of watching super bowl commercials. May the team you are hoping for do well. May the team you bet on or have pool tickets for win.