Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #3725

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
I'm sorry that he sold it out from under you, but I feel in my gut that it is for the best. Just something didn't hit me quite right and that was why I suggested the low ball offer.
Just let me know when you find another down this way and we will be happy to go look at it for you.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2016, 12:39 AM   #3726

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
For the Super Bowl, I did not make it till the second half, and was not impressed by the outcome! Over here the American commercials do not play, so it just was not the same!
Frank, I had the same feeling about that MH? Something was just not right about it,, so, the low offer! It was a top of the line coach, for a decent price, but??
Steve, SV is by far one of my favorite places too! Sorry for your soreness, and that will go away fast in that climate!
Well, time to go see all the super bowl commercials I missed, got to love the internet!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!

Old 02-08-2016, 06:32 AM   #3727
bap

goodmorning,,,--sorry the mh didnt work out but it sounds for the best though..
Old 02-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #3728

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Another beautiful day in paradise! Iíve been a lazy boy lately and didnít do a damn thing yesterday. In fact I barely left my RV preferring to peruse the internet all day. Hopefully, today I can shake this lethargy and get things done around here. If Iím going to travel at all this summer I simply have to replace my RVís in-tank fuel pump. Thatís not a job Iím looking forwards to at all! Iíve replaced in-tank fuel pumps before and invariably as I pull the old pump out, surrounded by gasoline fumes pouring from the ďemptyĒ tank, all I can think of is a huge explosion and fireball with me in the center. I donít fear death, but I sure donít want to die in that manner. I think this time Iíll toss some crushed dry ice into the tank through the fill pipe an hour before I pull the pump out. The CO2 gas released from the dry ice will displace the oxygen in the tank thus removing the oxygen from the ďfire (explosion) triangleĒ (O2+fuel+spark=KABOOM!) and purge the explosive atmosphere from inside the tank. I guess knowledge gained from the 15 years I spent in my environmental consulting business is helping me again!

Rail, it has to be difficult purchasing an RV and being out of the country like you are. I hate to sound like a cynic but if I were selling an RV and someone told me they were out of the country but a representative of theirs would be stopping by to look at the RV, Iíd automatically assume I was dealing with a scammer and end communication right there. Iíve bought and sold on eBay and craigslist for years and it seems no matter how small the transaction thereís always some sub-human scammer poking their ugly nose into my business.

Thatís about it from the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabeís.

Steve
Old 02-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #3729
bap

goodmorning folks,,
coffee is great this morning as i watch it pouring down the snow--or i should say afternoon since it,s 1:43 ...lol,,sure hope all is well with everyone...

have a great day my friends....
...bap
Old 02-09-2016, 01:38 PM   #3730

Good Afternoon Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, breakfast with Dad even better.
Rail,
Sometimes that feeling in the gut just needs to be listened to. I have no dobt that you will find one, you just have to keep looking.
Bap,
Glad that you chimed in, we have missed you.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 02-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #3731

17* last night. It snowed for 20 hours here this storm. Pretty steady and heavy at times too with wind speeds up to 35mph. I went up to clear off my solar panel this morning ,,,,about 1 1/2" on it. Thank you Mr North Wind ! It was a huge storm out to sea but not far enough to miss us.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #3732

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Popeye, last night we got 3" of snow and maybe another 3 tonight, not alot but I really don't like what's coming in a couple of days, we're looking at 0* or below with high winds yuk. Bap, good to hear from you. Have a Great Night All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #3733

Terry
Yeah same stuff coming in here.
We ended up getting 10" saturday and another 6 yesterday and today.
It was great to hear your long range report
Oh well Guess we tuff it out , won't be the first time....

I was looking at the national map tonight and we'd have to go a loooooooonnnnngggg way south to someplace warm.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:56 PM   #3734

Popeye,
You are right about a long way south, it didn't make 60* here today and it is going down to freezing tomorrow night. we had wind gusts of just shy of 50 MPH yesterday, only 35MPH gusts today. But at least sunshine and no s--w.
Frank
Old 02-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #3735

Winnebago Owners Club
Popeye - you are welcome to park here. 7:39 pm and it is 75. Wind is calm, all is well.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #3736

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ha you tell um Gordon. Temp on the car said 81 this afternoon.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:17 PM   #3737

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is tasting very good today!
Sorry about the cold and snow,, Popeye and Terry! Just remember, spring is coming!!
Been cool here still, but I looked at the long term forecast, and it show's back to Hot!
Got the carport almost all done, and I installed a new secondary water filter yesterday, and a new light in the outside kitchen!
Jeff, (Bap), good to hear from you, and you are getting the snow too!! Wow!
Frank, funny how our "gut feeling's" are usually right. And for both of us to get the same feeling about the same MH is saying something!
Wow, just had the neighbor's come get me, our cat caught a green tree snake, and a big lizard came up, and decided he would get in on the tasty snake too! He locked on to it, and the snake didn't have a chance, and our cat said "see yaa" I'm out of here!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160210_114338[1].jpg
Views:	28
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	118736

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160210_114828[1].jpg
Views:	31
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	118737
Rail!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:04 AM   #3738
bap

goodmorning my friends,,,it sure looks like ole man winter has finally arrived but cant complain about the winter we have had so far..
thanks for the warm welcome bak guy,s,,i have tried posting a few times but it wouldnt let me type it for some reason....uggg--
.stan/rail..do you have the venomous green snake there ??? i love reptiles one of my hobbies i have handled every thing from the common garter to king cobras i use to work at the columbus zoo in the herp building..
everyone stay warm and safe..
bap out...