Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #3739

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Bap, Happy Birthday on Monday, sorry I missed it. MKohler, Tuesday for your Birthday and hope you had a nice one. Sorry for being late guys, but it happens.

It was 41 on the way to work Monday 33 on the way home. Woke up yesterday to 27 and 2 inches of white stuff and a not to nice drive into work because it was also icy. On the way home it was blowing and felt like 20 below though it wasn't. This AM it is 19 and feels bitter. Yuck, I hate winter!

When it starts you buckle down because what choice do you have, you live in a winter state. You work your way through it just adjusting to the constant fluctuation in temps because what choice do you have. You await Spring with fondness and anticipation, remembering the warmth of the higher temps and encourage Spring to arrive soon please.

When Spring arrives the comfort of 50 degree temps feels amazing. Funny how in the Fall it feels cold and so warm in the Spring. But, you take the coats off and strive to feel the sun upon your face and sigh with the beauty of it all. Oh Spring I miss you, hurry up! You plan your retirement in a warmer clime, buy a MH, get it the way you want it, and dream!

OK, I'm over the whine so back to important stuff I can control. Coffee was great this AM. Still waiting on the mobile repair guy to get back from vacation so we can meet up. Got some good answers on "Total Rebuild" thread r/e what type of insulation to add to cap area behind TV and cabinets. It's a work in progress.

Hope you all have a great day. Try to stay warm wherever you are. Popeye, you have guts my friend, there is no way I would even think about being in a RV where you are at. I cannot imagine how you are doing it. Is your rig one of those built for wintering?

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #3740

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

My coffeeís really good this morning, it goes well with the beautiful sunny day Iím enjoying. Yesterday afternoon I took my motorcycle out. I didnít go far when I realized I hadnít checked my oil in a while. Upon checking I found that I was over-full. My motorcycle engine has a gravity feed to the carburetor. I realized that I hadnít shut off my gas tank petcock and gasoline had been leaking past my float valve and running down into my engine. I donít think the little bit of riding I did yesterday hurt anything from my gasoline-diluted oil but Iíll be changing my oil later this morning.

A lady friend of mine is back in Sierra Vista after being out of town for a month . Sheís such nice company, I hate to say it but I need the civilizing influence of a woman in my life. I have lots of guy friends but theyíre just not the same. The best part is she has an adventuresome spirit and is a bit of tomboy so we have fun together.

Thatís about it from the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabeís.

Steve

PS I hope my remarks regarding Railís RV quest were not taken the wrong way. They were not directed at Rail himself, who appears to be a really nice and honest guy, but rather at the perception of his quest when viewed alongside the typical internet scammerís modus operandi and how it would tend to make sellers overly wary.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #3741

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good early afternoon gang,
Coffee was good this morning, still a little breezy and COLD here, for us anyways, it is in the upper 50's and for sunny Florida, that is cold.
Steve,
I didn't tell the guy that I was looking at the coach for someone out of the country until after I got there, turns out his father ha done the same as Rail, retired and married a lady from Thailand and moved there, so it was no big deal.
Lynne,
Hope that the mobile RV guy shows up soon, I have the RV tech that stays in the park going to put new slide out seals in the bedroom slide and while it is off, a new slide topper fabric.
Well, the pool heater didn't go so well yesterday, I changed the heat exchanger without incident, but the blower motor doesn't work correctly, it fire up and ignites, but only stays lit for a minute, then shuts down, so not enough air movement to stay fired up. The Park Manager Emailed the pool guy, along with the owner and ordered a new heater.
Have a great day all, and Happy Belated B'days to bap and MK,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #3742

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all. 85 today - going to ride to Martinez Lake for lunch. Feels hot already after all of the cool weather.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #3743

Appreciate the birthday wishes had a good one even though I w**ked....lol...I did enjoy buying some things for the DW she never asks for much so I really enjoy it when she gets something she really likes....

Stay safe and travel we everyone

Mk
Old 02-10-2016, 06:34 PM   #3744

I just lost a post because....see below
OMGshk
New improved security?
The site want's me to answer a captcha before I can post but there's no captcha there !!!!!! many many tries... (try #25 + 26?? no capcha this time but a bunch of pictures and I had to check ones with street signs , then another batch with trees then some code I had to copy and paste in a box! press Submit and it just took me to a blank page (I did this twice) I don't have the patience to do any of this anymore . Is it time to say gooooodbye?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2/10/16

edit:
well' it worked that time ,,,with no security hoops either
Arrrrrggggghhhhhh
Old 02-10-2016, 07:59 PM   #3745

I just tried pasting my lost post ( yes I copied it) a couple more times and the hoops came back ! hmmmmmmmmmmm.lets see if this one will.....

EDIT
Oh I give up I answered everyone that mentioned me and just leave it at that !
Old 02-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #3746

bemis
I'm going with that cuz never sure which one of you is posting
Not because of guts but just want to be around my 92 yo mom before it's too late. I spent most of my life gone out on the road.

The cold is no fun though. No super rig just an old class C with 1" thick walls and Mr Heater Big Buddy Heater and a couple of 20# tanks. Doin' it 1 day at a time (or 3 days , that's how long a tank lasts at 15*....probably 2 days or less this weekend when it will be below zero at night ,sunday 10* high temp.....)

Gordon and Tim
You guys are killin' me.
If I could , I'd run down there and move in just to teach you a lesson .

Rail
Yeah and so is next winter too!
Maybe I need to find me a Thai sweet pea and move over there too!
Now that's what I call a nice winter retirement spot !
Have you met any named Olive????

Everyone else that is in this cold whatever the weather folks are callin' this. Keep warm ,,,,errrrr,,, however you can.

Everyone else some place warm See above to Gordon and Tim !
Then please exhale in my general direction.
(a little nudge nudge , wink wink to Monty Python)

OK ONE MORE TIME>>>>>>>>>>CON MUCHO GUSTO

Edit
Hmmmmm musta been the spanish finish !
Old 02-10-2016, 11:37 PM   #3747

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Bap/Jeff, yes, we have the green viper, and this one was the harmless green tree snake! If you look closely at the head, not a wide V-shaped head! There are some very nasty snakes over here, so I treat them all the same! I keep a safe distance!
Popeye, that Captcha is a real PITA, mine never recognizes my entry's and does the same thing? I feel you pain!
And I have not met one named Olive Oil yet? But now I will be on the look out for one!!
Steve, yes me living over here is a pain when it comes to buying a MH!! If I call the seller, and he/she see my overseas #, most figure scammer, and hang up! Even my personal banker in the Vegas branch hung up on me, let it go to voice mail, and I had to tell her it was me calling from Thailand, and to pick up!! The trouble with buying this time of the year, is the only good places to buy are Az., Texas, Florida! As long as I have friends that live close, and can go check the MH out for me, it works?
My son lives in Decatur, Il. and I would like to find one close to him, but this time of year, not a good time!!
Everyone with Birthdays, Happy Birthday!
All have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 AM   #3748
bap

thanks for the birthday wishes,,,,and happy birthday mk,,,..

and gooooodmorninnngg everyone,,,,---it,s a balmy 6 deg outside as i type and gulp my hot cup of coffee wich is greaat.....

rail,,,i have always wanted to come over there on a reptile safari,,,then head to the outback ,,,,dont think that will ever happen but it would be kool ...

everyone have a great an safe day...
bap out...
Old 02-11-2016, 07:10 AM   #3749

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hoodmirnkmg ok that's how my Good morning came out lol.

Was driving all day yesterday. Made it from NB Canada to just outside Bridgeport Conn. Had a great overnight snooze at a truck stop. Can't say if the coffee is great yet, gunna go get a couple cups at the McD's just over yonder and hope it will suffice! Probably slap a sausage mcmuffin into me.

Going to do some house keeping with work stuff, make a few calls, reply to emails, get the minions in order and them brave the drive going further south.

Can't wait to face the traffic through NY, Newark, Philli, Baltimore and Washington. Should prove to be a great driving day. Love that traffic!

Anyhow, if we live or don't run anyone over, I will check in tomorrow.

Cheers!

Steph and Eden

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 02-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #3750

Hi Rail,

I have to head out soon so haven't much time this morning. If you need someone to look over an RV around Tucson or Sierra Vista I'd be glad to. I'm a life-long shade tree mechanic and own an RV that was a monument to neglect and abuse when I bought it so I do know what to look for.

Steve
Old 02-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #3751

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather looks like it is going to be good today after a chilly start.
Steph and Eden,
glad to hear from you again, we missed you guys. Where are you heading to? If you are going to be near Brooksville, Florida, give a shout and Rita and I would love to have a cup of coffee with you. We are off of exit 301 on I75.
Rail,
Waiting on a call back from the number you gave me.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #3752

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently, 55 - 80ds this afternoon,
Back Home 2 LOL -
I actually broke a sweat yesterday,
Coffee is going down the old guluck pretty well

Hey Rail - Gordon tells us to use a snake to rid your MH roof from Doves, birds, send me that snake... I have a pair that thinks my ladder is a good spot to raise a family, and use my rear bumper as a black tank...

Gordon, where did you find a fake snake? I've been looking.

Geocritter,
Come on up and bring the gun's you talk about..

Bought a flag Pole topper, its a 3 foot LED bar with a remote control with 44 buttons to push. And Brite I'll have too get a timer from home too hook it up too.
Found a good size place yesterday that sells MH stuff new/used, found a couple fart fan motors and a few other items I have been looking for.
Stopped too look at a couple Alfa's late yesterday afternoon just in time for the sales guy too tell us they are closed
Makin plans to head a little further South around Yuma for the month of March, they have a pool. :thumb

rvpopeye,
Come on down there's ample parking, and your not the only one too lose posts happens to me also and only on irv2. Take a deep breath and hit it again.

Happy Happy Birthday, too all the boy's and girls Happy Birthday too you (Casey Jones & Roundhouse Rodney) Lunchtime program when I was in my youth, it was there Birthday song for all the little kiddies. (almost a lifetime ago...)
Spring is starting around here plants are starting to green up, we bought a couple Snapdragon planters for the patio the other day and I had my first humming bird at them looking for nectar yesterday.
That's it from my keyboard
Have a great day & Those on the road be safe,

Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote