Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:14 AM   #3753

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - bought the rubber snakes at the dollar store.

No bird dung on the top but if I forget to tell the guys before they wash the roof there may be poop on the roof!!! LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #3754

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

It was 9 this AM on the way to work. Burrrr! Coffee was good on the drive in so wasn't too awful bad.

The Mobile RV guy is meeting me Sat at noon to go over things we want done to the coach. He knows 2 people who do RV windows and he refers all windshield work to them. Made reservations for a CG in NE Ohio for July 4th and looking forward to the Vintage RV Museum and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame down by there. They are also having a July 4th (on July 2nd) fireworks show.

Come ON SPRING!! I am so ready for warm weather and it hasn't even been a bad winter here. You all have a great day, see you this weekend!

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #3755

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Well that was a fun day! Made it to Richmond VA stopped at a flying j and will be heading out in the AM.

Poor RV needs a bath so blue beacon it is tomorrow. Will see if they can spray off the toad too, it looks like it has been in storage for 30 years.

Hiya Frank. We are heading to North Charlestown for a couple of days first. Stopping there to see Garth Brooks over the weekend, should be interesting.

We are then headed to Tampa, staying at Lazydays. Dunno what that will be like, hopefully it will be good.

Steph and Eden

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 02-11-2016, 09:28 PM   #3756

I got my post to go through with no hoops to jump through!
I removed the emoticons/smileys.....that's it.
Jeeze , I used them in almost all of my 400 posts with no probs.......

Zero degrees with wind chill of stupid below and colder every night till tuesday.Sunday high temp in single digits.

Sure not going to turn the heater off tonight!

Rail.....
Thanks for checking , if you do find an Olive , could you deliver ?
Old 02-11-2016, 10:16 PM   #3757

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone!! Coffee is very good today!
Steve, thanks for the offer, and you never know, a lot of nice MH's for sale in the Tucson area!
Tim, that snake would start smelling by the time I get it to you! I had rubber snakes "wire tied" in the motor compartment, the generator compartment, and back by the gas tank, to keep the mice away! But, I forgot to tell the Mobile Mechanic they were there? My Bad!!
Frank, thanks! That one is way over priced, so, ask him his bottom dollar before taking the time to go see it! Nada is 10k to 13k on it?
Popeye, does she have to speak English?
Lynne, you are one day closer, keep plugging away!!
Steph, remember to turn off everything, and cover the doors to the water heater, furnace, fridge, with garbage bags, and close the doors back up! It will help you avoid all the trouble of having them soaked and having to wait for them to dry out, before firing them back up! Just say'n! I know the guy's at the Blue Beacon just love to see how much water they can spray into those!!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #3758

Good Morning all!

33* here, which seems to be the temp forecast for the weekend. I am also counting days till spring. Tired of this.

My coach is ready to go, except the A/C charge, and the experts are saying wait till a warm day to charge. As I will have a tough time getting it fully charged in these temps. I would like to get it charged before our March 16h trip to the Perry FMCA rally,,, defroasters don't work well without a/c.

My project for the weekend,,,,,, a buddy of mine is in the motorcycle tool business. He is now selling a cool little TPMS system made for bikes. I will be installing one on my Wing, documenting the process, pics etc thru the process for his website.

Popeye, not sure how you do that. A day or 2 would be my max. I stayed in RV's in those temps, there is no getting warm! I hope it warms up there soon! Becareful with those heaters!!

Rail, I keep watching, but nothing coming up around here that matches your want.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #3759

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Popeye, does she have to speak English?
Rail - I think Popeye could call her Olive if he wanted to. As long as she was not called 'Late for Lunch'. Oh the possibilities - LOL.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:35 PM   #3760

Hey Everyone , hope all are well! We are trying to clean up loose ends and close the shop! Also listening to Frank and not being in a rush to go down to Florida. Have a new condenser and radiator coming for the pickup this week , want to get the a/c working before we leave. Got the Brake Buddy we ordered from E-bay, hope it works or at least it'll look legal. Want this trip to be as troublefree as last year, and probably will leave mid March. Too damn cold here, supposed to be 0 in the morning and colder on Sunday, too cold to waste propane trying to work in the garage so I guess i'll have to spruce up my snuggling skills with Sally and the dogs for the weekend, LOL! Have a Great Day! Bobby
Old 02-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #3761

Rail
I really wasn't serious about this but now ya got me thinkin' hmmmmmm.

Gordon
I was thinking of all the "snappy response " possibilities with this line of thought but decided I'd better back it down before the forum cops booted me......

+Terry + Bobby
I actually have a scraper for inside the windshield on this rig as it was a big problem last winter.This year I added a plastic drop cloth behind the front seats which worked very well for the frost but it formed on the plastic and was still sucking heat out of the living area. Sooooo I added a 1" wall of styrofoam to it , sealed it up with packing tape and now it's dry up front and warmer out back.

My (two)1969 Dodge PUs had more air leaks than the heater could overcome , I used to wrap my legs with an extra down jacket and always wore pac type boots just to maybe be sorta warm.

I buried the grille with cardboard on a mid winter gig trip to Ft Kent ( look it up on a map) where the roads are typically paved with a couple inches of ice ,when it snows (at all) you find the road by looking at the power poles and take your best guess , and everybody uses a snow sled instead of a truck all winter...tater country.

Nice "urban cowboy" get up Bobby , I rattle canned both of those PUs too , looked mighty fine OH Ayuh ,,,,,,when they got dirty I'd just blast a couple more cans ! Was yer handle "Rubber Duck"?

Lloyd
When do you figure the date is for spring in N.C.? 3/21? I probably need to add 4-6 weeks here !

Someday , when it gets to the top of my priority list I'm gettin' one of those TPMS units....guess I need to replace my 20+ yo tires first though.

I'm not sure how (or why) I do this winter in "East Coast Alaska either .
Think its payback time for all the PITA times I was to my mom when I was a kid.

I actually can get the indoor temps up to "almost " comfortable with the high 18Kbtu setting on the Big Buddy, but it sure gulps the propane that way. I usually use the 4Kbtu setting when the outside temp is single digits or above ( last night was -3 and left it on all night 57* inside temp at 8am....9Kbtu if below zero)

I try to be smart about using it , air leaks in through almost everywhere and I leave one of the roof vents cracked when it's on.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #3762

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Rail
I really wasn't serious about this but now ya got me thinkin' hmmmmmm.

Gordon
I was thinking of all the "snappy response " possibilities with this line of thought but decided I'd better back it down before the forum cops booted me......

+Terry + Bobby
I actually have a scraper for inside the windshield on this rig as it was a big problem last winter.This year I added a plastic drop cloth behind the front seats which worked very well for the frost but it formed on the plastic and was still sucking heat out of the living area. Sooooo I added a 1" wall of styrofoam to it , sealed it up with packing tape and now it's dry up front and warmer out back.

My (two)1969 Dodge PUs had more air leaks than the heater could overcome , I used to wrap my legs with an extra down jacket and always wore pac type boots just to maybe be sorta warm.

I buried the grille with cardboard on a mid winter gig trip to Ft Kent ( look it up on a map) where the roads are typically paved with a couple inches of ice ,when it snows (at all) you find the road by looking at the power poles and take your best guess , and everybody uses a snow sled instead of a truck all winter...tater country.

Nice "urban cowboy" get up Bobby , I rattle canned both of those PUs too , looked mighty fine OH Ayuh ,,,,,,when they got dirty I'd just blast a couple more cans ! Was yer handle "Rubber Duck"?

Lloyd
When do you figure the date is for spring in N.C.? 3/21? I probably need to add 4-6 weeks here !

Someday , when it gets to the top of my priority list I'm gettin' one of those TPMS units....guess I need to replace my 20+ yo tires first though.

I'm not sure how (or why) I do this winter in "East Coast Alaska either .
Think its payback time for all the PITA times I was to my mom when I was a kid.

I actually can get the indoor temps up to "almost " comfortable with the high 18Kbtu setting on the Big Buddy, but it sure gulps the propane that way. I usually use the 4Kbtu setting when the outside temp is single digits or above ( last night was -3 and left it on all night 57* inside temp at 8am....9Kbtu if below zero)

I try to be smart about using it , air leaks in through almost everywhere and I leave one of the roof vents cracked when it's on.
No I went by the "One Speed" moniker back then, LOL! Probably because the only gear I felt comfortable in was 13th, but everytime the truck saw a hill, it made me work to stay there! Bobby
Old 02-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #3763

My handle was popeye , that's been with me for a VERY long time,,,,, it's amazing I even remember my real name.. Wait a minute ................uhhhhhhh ....mmmmmmmm yeah yeah I still do. I think.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:11 AM   #3764

Morning all!

28* here. We got about a 1" of snow yesterday, came down hard for 30 mins or so. 1 hour later it was all gone.

Popeye, by mid March, I will be mowing grass. Usualy at least once in March. Our place is new, still trying to get a lawn established, I'm supposed to over seed and fertilize between 2/15 and 3/15.... so to me that is Spring.

This weekend is a different story. Our high Sunday is expected to be 30*. Ugh!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:31 AM   #3765
bap

goodmorninng everyone,,,
it,s a cooollld one here again this morning temp is just a hair above 10 deg, with a stiff north wind a blowing...

popeye,,,ya got me thinkin back to when i was a young un,,when my pals and me would go tent camping in the winter,,one week we would hafta wait on it to hit 6 deg to be the heat of the day,,,,man that was one i will never forget....lol
so please chime in every day so we know your ok,,,you are earning a new name..popcycle.....lol

have a great weekend my friends,,,,,stay warm an dry !!!
bap out ..
Old 02-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #3766

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

COLD here this am at 5 burrrrr degrees. Coffee was especially nice and I am sitting in a chair with an afghan on my lap.

Texted the mobile guy yesterday and told him if he wanted to wait for warmer weather to crawl around under the rig I was fine waiting until it was above freezing. He was glad to wait so will see what the weather is in March. At least we made contact and I have someone who can come to the rig and not have to drive it 4 hours to get work done. I wouldn't want to crawl around under the rig in this weather and won't ask someone else to.

Popeye / popcycle I think it is appropriate at this point. Are you in a park or at your Mom's? I bet she is happy to have you around. Sure miss my parents.

Lloyd, The way you get a good grass / lawn started is to throw down the seed before a snowfall. The seed is then pushed into the ground and when the snow melts it is watered and the birds also can't get to the seed when it is under the snow. We did this with our lawn when we first started it and it came in pretty full and has been great since then.

Looks like it is going to be a good book reading weekend. You all have a great day, Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote