Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:08 AM   #3781

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I’m getting a late start here today. For the present though I’m sitting here enjoying my morning coffee and looking out on yet another beautiful sunny Arizona day. Even though the early mornings are still a bit chilly the sunshine alone makes everything better. It’s so much nicer here in sunny Arizona than the weeks of dark dreary winter days I suffered through when I lived in the Midwest.

My hunting buddy’s coming over this morning to measure my Kawasaki to see what it’d take to carry a similar motorcycle on his travel trailer. When he saw my little KLR250 the other day he talked about owning a motorcycle years ago. Evil me let him take it for a ride and now he’s become addicted to having a motorcycle again, bwhahahaha!!! (evil laugh!)

Later I’m going to see the movie Deadpool, I’m not a big fan of comic superhero movies but in the Deadpool movie trailers I’ve seen it looked like a fun movie. With my geezer discount it only costs me $5.75 to find out so whatthehell, why not.

That’s it from the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabe’s.

Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #3782

Evening all!

Naaa Daa, Nut'in, Poof, we didn't get any Ice or Snow.... I am not complaining. The weather guesser got it wrong this time.

I spent the day in the barn installing a tire pressure monitoring system on my Goldwing. It is very cool! Easy install, well you certainly don't have to be a rocket engineer. Did have to remove the wheels and replace the valve stems.

It displays both tires pressure, displays the tires temp, and also displays input voltage (doubles as a voltage meter). You can set your own warnings, High pressure, Low pressure, and High Temp. Really cool!

You guys with bikes may want to check it out. Nice to not have to get the gauge out everyday, and should give a early warning to a bad day!

L.
Motorcycle Tools, Motorcycle Kit | Abbeville, AL | Home

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:40 AM   #3783

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

Another beautiful morning start to the day. I have a four mile hike planned this morning, I’m not sure about the rest of the day but I’m sure I’ll figure something out.

I saw the movie Deadpool yesterday. With its R rating, over the top violence, bad language, and periodic nudity the movie’s certainly not for everyone. However, it didn’t take itself seriously at all, and why should it, the movies based on a Marvel comic book character. In fact I thought it was hysterically funny, even the opening credits were a hoot with the director described as an overpaid tool. All in all my inner teenager loved the movie! If you’re not some easily offended fragrant flower go see the movie, after all your inner teenager needs a laugh once and a while too, you can always walk out if you don’t like it.

From the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabe’s, I hope all y’all up there in the Great White North are staying warm and safe.

Steve
Old 02-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #3784

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Just heard from Joe that Tim (Spritz) has been hospitalized in Parker. He will be in the hospital for the day for observation. From what Joe said it sounds like Tim is having some issues with stabilizing his diabetes.

Best wishes Tim.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #3785

Gulf Streamers Club
Speedy recovery to Tim (Spritz), and prayers for Tim and Joe both.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:45 AM   #3786

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Prayers for Tim, that he has a speedy recovery!!
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:05 PM   #3787

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Our prayers to Tim for a speedy and complete recovery.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #3788

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Tim, Get well soon!

Well, our house furnace bit the dust. Died sometime through the early Monday AM. Would cost so much to fix it, it just makes more sense to buy new so Thursday the new furnace gets installed. Meanwhile 2 electric heaters are keeping the house comfortable.

Otherwise, w--k has been very busy. Tired when I get home. Think I am getting to old for this, I need to retire. Oh well, eventually. Supposed to be in the 50's Friday and 40's over the weekend. I w--k but will still enjoy any warming we get. Come on Spring!

You all take care, hope all stay warm and well. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:23 PM   #3789

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Morning Everyone;
Just heard from Joe that Tim (Spritz) has been hospitalized in Parker. He will be in the hospital for the day for observation. From what Joe said it sounds like Tim is having some issues with stabilizing his diabetes.

Best wishes Tim.
Evening All,
Thank's Gordon and everyone for the prayers and wishes.
It was the worst and most horrifying experience I have ever had in my 60years on this earth.
It started with a female ambulance personal I guess I couldn't get off from 1 gurney to another fast enough.
It reminded me of the Movie,"One Flew over the Cookoos Nest"
I won't go into it all but it was.
I ended up calling Joe to come get me this morning, that I was going too check myself out of the Hospital.
I am Thankful for the Prayers and Best Wishes.
Got back to the MH and took the RIGHT meds and within a 1/2 hour I was fine.
I have since heard from a few People that they won't go too that Hospital, one being the guy that manages the park.
Got any Lawyers in the Quartzsite area? Please PM me,

Again Thanks for the wishes and prayers,
Those on the road be safe,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:56 PM   #3790

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee was good today!
Tim, glad everything turned out OK! Take care of yourself!
I also was in the hospital yesterday! I was in for hand surgery, not a big deal, just something that needed to be done! My middle finger had locked, on my right hand, and would not close all the way! So the Dr. cut the sheath that covers the tendon, and all is supposed to be better in a couple weeks!! Sore today, but not too bad, considering!!
Frank, thanks! I will keep looking!
Gordon, good job to keep us informed about Tim!
Everyone take care of themselves, and stay warm! Rail!
Old 02-17-2016, 05:47 AM   #3791

Good Morning all!

39* here, warming up, headed for 70* this weekend. But I have to w--k Saturday...

Tim, glad you are okay!!

Rail, middle finger stuck? Hmmm, who have you been one finger saluting? LOL

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:49 AM   #3792
bap

prayers to TIM and RAIL for speedy recovery,s...

still cold here in ky with snow and ice covering everything,,about 6 inches still on the ground and thats with a 2 inch rain we had also,,,,but friday hitting the 60,s..
i gotta say i have been having a blast wheeling around in the side x side.. i dont ever want to grow up,,,lol
\everyone stay safe ..
...jeff
Old 02-17-2016, 08:19 AM   #3793

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

I got my usual good nightís sleep. I donít know why but Iím happy to say that sleepís never been a problem (knock on wood!!!). My current morning coffeeís okay, but a friend went up to Tucson for a few days and heís promised to bring me back four pounds of coffee beans from Costco. I love their Kirkland House Blend bean coffee and at $5/lb you canít beat the price!

I hope Timís doing okay, health issues are no fun. Speaking of aging and health, out of the blue last night I got a call from an old neighbor friend from Illinois. Ed and Connie were already retired when we became neighbors in 1991. Ed passed away in 2014 at 89 and Connieís now 92, loves here great grandchildren and is mentally sharp as ever! She was concerned about how I was doing since the last time I saw her and Ed was five months after my wife Gail had died in 2011. It was nice hearing from her.

So another day is upon me. This morning Iím going to check my RVís engine to make certain no critters have taken up lodging, then I plan to run the engine and the generator for a half hour. Neither has been run since November. Iíd love to install a pre-oiler on my RVís engine to be able to pressure up the lubrication system before I start the motor. Maybe, instead of traveling this summer, I should take a job here in Sierra Vista so I can afford to finish work on my RV. However, right now the only thing I consider critical is replacing the damned factory-defective Motorcraft fuel pump. At 68 I hate wasting a summer not visiting new places.

Thatís the news from Sierra Vista the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabeís.

Steve

Old 02-17-2016, 08:27 AM   #3794

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good today, as usual. Sunny and mid 50's as I write this, going up to around 70 this afternoon, will be a wonderful golf day.
Lynne, sorry about your furnace, but you will enjoy a cost savings as the new furnaces are much more efficient.
Tim, Glad that you are out of the hospital and feeling better.
Stan,
We enjoy looking at the MH for you and are having fun. Hope that your hand heals quickly.
Steve,
Just keep plugging away and see as much as you can while you are still capable, you never know when that time will come that you can no longer travel.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote