Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:34 AM   #3809

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Rail - good memory. We are on the south of I8 between the highway and the Colorado River. We have lots of big ficus trees to park under. About 2/3 of the coach in under the trees. Makes it really comfortable.

Terry I like your description of watching the day come alive. Also my favorite time of the day.

Everyone have a great day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2016, 10:56 AM   #3810

It’s a Baaaadmorning all y’all!!!

What a dreadful morning it’s been! I awoke earlier to cloudy overcast skies and no sunshine, here it is going on 10am and it’s still cloudy, no sunshine anywhere nearby! Oh my! The horror of it! That’s why I’m here in Arizona, to escape the dreary overcast northern winter weather. The worst part is that it’s supposed to stay cloudy through Saturday too. I am very disappointed… Thankfully, I have my morning drug of choice, caffeine, to get me through this dreadful morning.

Your local sun worshipper,
Steve

PS I just looked out the window and saw a few scattered patches of blue, perhaps there's hope after all.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:16 PM   #3811

Goooodafternoon all y'all!!

The sun's back! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Steve
Old 02-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #3812

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Afternoon,
Currently 76+
Sunny,
Coffee is great, we have to finish this air-pot because joe got me a 3 lb bag of Dunkin Donuts Coffee.
Geocritter,
The sun was just playing with ya, Sure feels good and it's up earlier and earlier

We went to Yuma yesterday too check out the RV park where Gordon Stays.
Had a wonderful drive there and back. It is just a beautiful Park and the trees (which I miss) are huge and in rows for MH. First stop after meeting with Gordon was the pool (we don't have one) Very nice and inviting.
Told Gordon that we will be Neighbors for a couple weeks next month. Can't wait .
There are a lot of the stores we have back home. There is also eating places, first outing is a crap-shoot between Papa Murphy's Pizza, and Chinese: .
Thanks again Gordon for the hospitally we had a great time and look forward too next month.
Have had a couple sighting's of Humming birds coming too the snap dragons on the patio and a flowering vine on the chain link fence behind us, spring is just around the corner .
On the way home you have to go thru a check point, 2 guards one with a German Shepard and both with M-16's. After the stop our 2 little girls went bizerk when the guard on my side proceeded towards me, Lily jumped from Joes lap to mine in no time. The guard smiled and waved us thru.
after lowering his weapon.
I think Gordons park world be a ideal spot for a gathering for next Season.

That's it from my shanties,
Thanks again for the well wishers and prayers, much appreciating.
Thanks and thos on the road be safe,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:03 PM   #3813

Tim good to hear you're doin' better.

I get it , as Gordon keeps reminding me , he is SET UP !
I love it down there too , well except during a dust storm............

BTW those Border check point guys (and the sheppies too) are usually very friendly after a quick "heya howzitgoin' "
Old 02-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #3814

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Rail, had my trigger thumb released a while back and once it healed I have had no issues at all. Only thing it caused me problems with was doing BP's at work. Pumping up that bulb was very difficult not to forget the pain level with it. Now, it is no problem at all.

Glad Gordon and Tim and Joe got together. It is amazing when we communicate on here and then meet in person how it seems like we have always been friends.

Popeye, furnace is working great! Much quieter than the old one and if we every meet up somewhere and sometime in the future I will make you a pie. Frank likes Rhubarb so made him one and we all enjoyed eating it together. I like baking!

W--k this weekend and it looks to be a busy one with so many staff members out sick, injured, and with the flu. Next weekend should be much more fun, I am helping with an archery competition. Never done one before and it sounds like fun.

Better get going, hope you all have a nice day tomorrow. By the way, it was 59 on the way home tonight. Wish it would last. Bye, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:57 AM   #3815

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 59
Still on he air-pot from yesterday but the coffee is still good.
Looks like I beat Rail this AM.
Anyone heard from Curtis?
My arm is really sore from where they took the main line out sore to the touch and hard for about 5 inches up the arm. Hoping it will go away on its own.
Go back too the pain clinic on the 25th and hen off to Yuma on the 29th can't wait. Its a beautiful park, with POOL, And Cable TV we are so tired of having to adjust the antenna we bought.
Have a great Saturday and a wonderful Weekend,
Hope you doing okay Rail.
Those on the road be safe and talk to yall later,
Tim
Old 02-20-2016, 07:23 AM   #3816

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Evening Everyone! No coffee for me this evening!
Tim, I am glad you are feeling better! I am doing great myself!
We just got back from a day trip to the North of Thailand today, was very nice to get the new Everest out and stretch her legs! Man it is so nice to drive! The roads going up there are very curvy and up and down with a lot of steep grades! The little 2.2 four cyl. diesel did great, no problem with not enough power or torque. And it has "hill decent" and I was not sure what it was, but now I know? It auto downshifted for me going down a 13% grade and I was like "WTH" till I relized what was going on! Pretty cool!
Well, I finally found "The One" and had Frank check it out for me! All I can say the wait was worth it for sure!
It is a 1996 Monaco Windsor 38' MH. It has a 8.3 Cummins, 6 speed Allison, 7K diesel genny, and so much more! Franks exact words were after he went to look at it, "Buy it, Buy it, Buy it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are a couple of pic's!

Click image for larger version

Name:	00f0f_j4zIslNdJqW_600x450.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	119448

Name:	01515_9dc5d9QEJ9T_600x450.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	119449

Name:	00j0j_2rbmT12TqYT_600x450.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	119450

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #3817

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Rail, that's great you finally got one!! looks very nice.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:41 AM   #3818

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Very nice and comes with the tire cover's, WOW...
Hope everything works flawlessly Rail. Will you keep it over here or ship her over there?
Good work Frank,

Have a Great weekend,
Tim
Old 02-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #3819
bap

goodmorning folks,,,

stan,,wow that is a great looking coach,,sooo happy you held off for the one and it sure looks like ya found it.... thanks to great friend frank for checking out the mh,s for you !!!

well gotta get back to werk,,another 65 + deg day here in ole kentucky..makes it great to work on these tt,s..

ohhh yea,,,tim,,,glad you guy,s are going for a stay with gordo,,i know you havent been very happy where you have been,,,sooo get happy,,,lol

stay safe my friends ...

bap out for now...---latter tater,s !!!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #3820

Really happy that your search ended in such a good looking find Rail....hope she is everything she looks like she is....beautiful looking coach.

Round 7 is almost in the books then just one more and on to two years of maintenance....things are looking up

Well everyone be safe in your travels, enjoy your lives, and love with all your heart.

Mk
Old 02-20-2016, 08:16 AM   #3821

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Congratulations on the coach. Will be able to easily recognize you by the big grin as you pull up. It is a beauty. Thanks to Frank for doing so much leg work.

Looking forward to seeing it this summer. We have penciled in the trip to Oklahoma. Hope all is well with Jay.

Finally went to Algodones yesterday for a tour - Janet says no dental appointment - finally. Did a bit of a walking tour. Checked out the ice cream store. No longer there, they have moved next door. Next a trip down to try it out. Went by in the morning and intended to return after lunch for samples but ended up buying a bunch of metal work so packing our stuff back would have been onerous.

Have a great day.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #3822

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Thankfully, itís a beautiful sunny morning and yesterday my friend dropped off my 4lbs of Kirkland House Blend coffee beans so I have some really excellent morning coffee once again. Life is good!

I like the new rig Rail, love the kitchen area. Mine donít have nearly the space it has but one of the things I want to do with mine is take out my RVís worthless dinette and replace it with a food prep counter. Us gourmets gotta stay on top of things at meal time!

It doesnít look like it has slide-outs, which probably helped lower the price since these days everyone wants slide-outs. Being the eccentric that I am, I avoided getting an RV with slide-outs. I didnít want the added potential maintenance/repair hassles and poorly insulated added space. Nonetheless, when theyíre deployed they sure are nice.

Iím glad to hear that folks are getting their health issues straightened out and that itís starting to warm up in the Great White North.

From the land of, once again, sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabeís.

Steve