Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #3823

Rail
Good score !
Looks like you'll be traveling in style this summer.
I would say on vacation but retired is one long vacation ,
Frank sure can pick 'em.
Maybe he should start a rig finding service.....
Just kidding Frank !
MK
Sure will be nice to be looking at all that in the rear view.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #3824
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Rail,

Congrats! Love the counter space in the kitchen. I agree with Steve on the benefits of not having slides. Less maintenance, no leaks, and lower cost. Also, makes it easier to access everything if you need/want to stop at a truck stop, rest area, or Wally-world for the night: no slides to deploy.

It looks beautiful! Enjoy.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #3825

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening All,
Guys, let me tell you that the MH is as clean as it looks in the pics. Really a nice guy who sold it. I am sure that Rail will be very happy with it.

MK, Glad things are wrapping up for you and that things are going well, our prayers stay with you.
Thanks everyone, but I only did what everyone of you would have if you had the chance.
Hopefully we will hear something soon from Curtis and Jay.
Gordon, we sure hope that you can make it, looking forward to meeting you and Janet.
Tim, hope that you don't have to be back home and can stop for the 4th of July bash at Jays with the rest of us. That goes for Steve and MK also and any of you that I might have missed.
Have a wonderful evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:25 PM   #3826

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Thanks everyone, for the well wish's, on the MH find! I am very excited about it, and now can't wait to get back, so I can drive it! There are some detail's about it that I put on the "Total Rebuild" thread, so you can go there and read those, as most of you guys read both thread's everyday anyway, just like me!! I think it will work perfect for our family, as a touring coach! The Roadmaster 8 bag air ride chassis are some of the best made, and it will be a big upgrade from the P-32 in my old MH!
MK, sure glad you are on the downhill side of the treatments! We will still keep praying, till you are cancer free!!
CWK and Steve, I agree 80/20% on the no slides. make's it a lot easy'r, BUT, having them is also a big plus!! I was ok with or without them!
Gordon, glad you are checking out the town, have you tried the fish taco's yet? Pretty good for sure! They are right around the corner from the barbeque chicken place, and are owned buy BIL's! Just N. of the Hawaii Bar!
Tim/Joe and Gordon/Janet, when you guys get together in Yuma next time, go for breakfast at Brownie's Café on 4th street, S. from I-8, on the left, across from Purcell's tire care! I think 1145 S. 4th st. or close to it! Us trucker's know all the good places! You will thank me after, also they have very good lunches! All "good ol home cook'en"
Yes, I miss Curtis and Jay, too, and hope both are doing good!
Everyone Have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-21-2016, 05:35 AM   #3827

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently, 55

MK Your in our prayers my problems are not near as tough as yours I pray for your recovery.

Is the 4th of July gathering going to be in Oklahoma? That would be nice. Joes brother lives there, we stayed there for Christmas, we really liked it. Very in-expensive too. We just need the address. A little over a day's drive for us. Sounds like a blast and finally get too meet every one. And maybe a fresh baked Pie.

rvpopeye, Your correct although very clean but nothing but horseshoe's, overall a parking lot with gravel, no trees no grass, and you have to pay for a shower.... Glad I got mine fixed. Really happy about going to Yuma.

Rail, when are you thinking you'll be back to the States? We'll have to try your suggestion about breakfast I always liked going out for breakfast. A gal I used too work with always went out on Friday morning for breakfast, until she passed away from Cancer, She was so bubbly I really miss her. She picked me up in a stretch limo for my 50th birthday what a hoot.

Count down to Yuma 8 day's

bap, getting happy for sure not only about Yuma but it's been 2 months since I got to Drive the old gal down the Hwy.

Thanks everyone,

Those on the road be safe,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:49 AM   #3828

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, weather is pretty good too, 49*now going to about 78* by this afternoon and sunny.
Tim, The gathering is going to be at Liberty Farms in Woodward, Ok. I don't think Lynne is coming, not sure about Lloyd, he didn't think that they would have enough vacation time.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:05 AM   #3829

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Tim, Oklahoma, is going to be a fun gathering, glad your thinking of coming . MK, Nice to hear your on the downhill side of the treatments, thinking of you. Frank, I'm with you on Curtis and Jay, hopefully alls ok with both and we hear from them soon. Well gotta get the day started, Have a Great Day All.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:14 AM   #3830
bap

goooodmorning my friends,,!!!
sitting here at 9:04 am drinking my first cup an feeling hungover,,and i dont even drink...lol--worked like dogs the past couple day,s on the tt,s witrh temps in the 70,s it was great working weather after our zero temps last week..

MK,,so happy to hear the great news ..our LORD is GREAT !!!--prayers are still being sent from our family here and the rv2 family aswell..

..well gonna take it easy today as i watch it pour the rain were excpecting it to flood here as it is going to rain heavy all day and the creeks are already over full from the melted snow..thank GOD i put the horses up in the barn before we got hit with the big snow soo know worries about them...

prayers to all of you...stay happy healthy and well everyone..

jeff !!
Old 02-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #3831

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Listening to all of the great temperatures in Arizona this winter. It got all the way down to 65 last night in Round Rock, Texas. Sure get tired of these central Texas winters.

Mk, glad to hear the good news on your prognosis. I went to Bryan yesterday to the blacksmith gathering at Steephollow Forgeworks and was thinking of you.

I am planning on being in Oklahoma this July, have a place picked out to stay with electricity so I can keep MH cool. After all, this is July in Oklahoma and it will be hot. Hope to make this trip with wife Rebecca and she needs cool.

Going next week to visit MH and sister and mother. MH needs finishing up details of new water heater install, and finishing detail work on new house battery install, and another roof coat, and compound fiberglass gelcoat after the new paint I put on last summer. And help sister with pruning 30 fruit trees in pasture.

Take care all.

ronspradley/rebecca
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #3832

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s so nice to be drinking my Costco coffee again. Kirkland, House Blend coffee beans make excellent coffee and cost $5/lb. What’s not to like!

This morning I’ve been busy giving internet gunsmith advice. I’m not an actual gunsmith but I’ve worked on a lot of old SXS shotgun’s over my lifetime and most are mechanically simple devices that just about anyone could fix if they aren’t intimidated by the “I can’t do that because I’m not a gunsmith” syndrome. It’s always amazing to me how easily humans can talk themselves out of doing things because they don’t know how, or are afraid to try.

Anyhow, it’s another beautiful day and to celebrate I have a 4.5 mile hike planned for later this afternoon. I’m really enjoying hitting the trails again. I’m glad everyone’s doing well and all y’alls plans are falling inline.

From the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top Wannabe’s.

BTW I visited the Fort Huachuca museum yesterday. They had several +100 year old letters on display written by former soldiers and their wives that nearly all spoke about how they loved the clear bright sunny days and starry nights! However, there was no mention of ZZ Top wannabe’s.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:57 PM   #3833

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Busy weekend at w--k but glad it is over. Now hopefully the week goes quickly.

It was 54 Friday, 45 yesterday and 42 today. Went to the firing range after work today and shot a while. I enjoy it.

Rail, glad you found your rig and I bet you are anxious to see her. Good job Frank and I am sure you enjoyed looking because we all love to look. This just also helped out a friend.

MK, glad you are ok, I have a friend who has cancer and is doing ok but we could use prayers for him too. Just keep him there as we keep you.

Bap, as you say. God does take care of us and listen to us. So when we come together nothing can beat Him and us together.

Texted Curtis and he is busy. He will come back on when he catches up but said to say "Hi" to all, so "Hi ya'all". Sometimes we get way to busy I think.

I am really enjoying the weather but know we are not done yet. I will NOT be making Jay's on July 4th. Can't get enough time off work for what would turn out to be 4 days of driving. But, I will make pie another time for anyone I end up meeting on the road.

Take care all, have a wonderful day, stay safe, and good health to you.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:00 PM   #3834

Thanks alot everyone....brings tears to my eyes with all the well wishes.

Hope you had a great time at Steephollow Ron I know I always do...I always learn alot.

Here I am getting it done.....

Be safe and I hope we can make it to Oklahoma this summer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1456102666254.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	119578  
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #3835

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is tasting great today!
Glad Curtis is ok, and just busy! Figures!
Ok, here is the latest on the MH buy! I have emailed the owner and ask for a copy of the title front and rear, that show's his name and the vin.#, and told him that I needed the vin. to put insurance on it. I do not think this is out of line, because of the circumstances, me in Thailand, him in Florida. After all, this was a Craigslist ad, and me not being there in person, to take control of the MH, and the title, when the money is wire transferred!
My friend that is going to go pick it up, can not do so for a few days, and the owner wants to do the money transfer on Monday. I emailed him yesterday, with the request for a copy of the title front and back, and have not heard anything? So I called him this morning, got voice mail, and left him a message, repeating my request! Do you guys think I am being overly cautious? I have heard some crazy things that come from CL ad's, and am not wanting to lose all the money I have saved for this MH! I am reasonably sure this is a straight up deal, but still, the little voice in the back of my head say's "be cautious"
What do you guys think? Rail!
Old 02-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #3836

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail,

Your can't be too over cautious on a craigslist you just never know.

My wife were looking at a DP a couple years ago the seller he had some major engine service done and I wantex to see receipts and he was having trouble getting all of them. This was a out of state Ebay deal and it was buy it now and he said he would pull it off eBay once he received my $1000 deposit but I didnt want to send the deposit until he found the one big receipt he had a several smaller ones. We received a email from him a few days later saying someone did the buy it now sight unseen and no questions asked so he had to sell. I often question myself if I made the right decison. Gawd it was nice too it was a 1998 Fleetwood Discovery with lots of custom work done but.....