Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:42 AM   #3851

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
I would love to meet him, but Saturday is one of my workkamp days, so I am unable to go then. I agree with you that Steve really seems like an upstanding gentleman, and holds to his word. Just got off the phone with Dave, and we are working on a place to put your MH. I think you are right about us having a lot in common by talking with him. We are leaving here on the 25th of April, so if you come down to pick it up by then we can meet, if not then we will meet at Jay's.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #3852

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning
currently 65
Sunny,

I've been up since 5 and this is as far as I got.
Rail is that Black unit under the counter a dish washer or oven? Joe and I are in awe with your new toy. Love the 2 couches well everything I hope you are happy with it.

Okay rvpopey this is what I found, I'm glad I found it

"Known as a fertility god, prankster, healer and story teller, Kokopelli has been a source of wonder throughout the country for centuries. Kokopelli embodies the true American Southwest, and dates back over 3,000 years ago, when the first petroglyphs were carved. Although his true origins are unknown, this traveling, flute-playing Casanova is a sacred figure to many Southwestern Native Americans. Carvings of this hunch-backed flute-playing figure have been found painted and carved into rock walls and boulders throughout the Southwest.

There are many myths of the famous Kokopelli. One of which is that he traveled from village to village bringing the changing of winter to spring; melting the snow and bringing about rain for a successful harvest. It is also said that the hunch on his back depicted the sacks of seeds and songs he carried. Legend also has it that the flute playing also symbolized the transition of winter to spring. Kokopelliís flute is said to be heard in the springís breeze, while bringing warmth. It is also said that he was the source of human conception. Legend has it, everyone in the village would sing and dance throughout the night when they heard Kokopelli play his flute. The next morning, every maiden in the village would be with child.

Whatever the true meaning of Kokopelli is, he has been a source of music making and dancing, and spreading joy to those around him. Even today, Kokopelli, with his hunchback and flute, is always welcome in our homes."

This sounds like you, from what I read from you. You have your work cut out for you, So far so good,

We will Gordon, its a nice drive down there, and when getting close too Yuma you see all the vegies being harvested. I wish I could get my garden to look like those crops. We stopped there last time down and got some of it and was it good. Cauliflower, Broccoli, Cabbage Yum

Well better get going the day is a wasting away got too set everything back up after yesterdays Dust Storm oyea and Breakfast.

Thanks, Those on the road be safe,

Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #3853

Rail
I agree with Gordon.
Invite him to join in here and on Terry's thread , sounds like a great guy !
Plus he can keep tabs on his "baby" I'm sure he's gonna miss it !

Tim
As the old knight guarding the holy grail said...."I chose wisely"
I believe I must be descended from Kokopelli ,,,(and maybe a lizard here and there)!
Plus he's a cool looker too!
Old 02-23-2016, 10:54 PM   #3854

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! On my second cup, and tasty!!
Tim, thank you, and I am very happy I found ( "The One" )! That is a U-line ice maker, and it works good I was told! It had stopped working and Steve bought a new one because he used it so much, and when taking out the old one, found a wire off, and put the old one back in, and it is still working! He is giving me the new one also, so I have a spare! The two couch's are new leather one's that he upgraded from one cloth couch and a chair. And he also installed laminate floors from the bathroom tile to the very front, and got rid of the carpet. The only place that has carpet is the bedroom, and I will probably swap that out for laminate also! Here are a couple of pic's of the bath and bedroom.
Click image for larger version

Name:	00505_VIK1SsJqVv_600x450.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	119752

Name:	00y0y_4BVSDOVksdt_600x450.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	119753

Name:	00I0I_cLM7R79JtkM_600x450.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	119754

Popeye, I think Steve would fit right in with us all too, so I will send him a email with a invite to the good morning club! And you are right, he will be going thru withdrawls when "his baby" leaves this Saturday!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-24-2016, 12:24 AM   #3855

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, a MH just popped on RVTrader.com today in Yuma for 13,999 dls. It is a 1991 Gulfstream Friendship 37' with a 300 hp. Cummins, and it has a 7.5 diesel Onan generator, and fresh paint! The cabinets in this one are made out of teak, it looks like, and are very good looking! Did someone say "Road Trip" Go to rvtrader.com to see all the pic's and get the phone #! Rail! (I can't seem to wipe this grin from my face)
PS, if I try to add the ad, it send's me to the never ending Captcha thing, so you will have to look it up!
Old 02-24-2016, 06:14 AM   #3856

Good morning all!

We had a really nice weekend,,,,, but I w--ked the entire thing. It rained a lot Monday night, on and off yesterday,,, and a big line of nasty storms are called for today. Up to 60mph winds.

Rail, congrats on the coach find. If Frank says its good, its good! The pics look really nice.

I've been way to busy, w--k has me running some very long shifts. Going to be that way for a couple more weeks.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #3857

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Hopefully everyone is okay in the south with all the storms that went thru last night.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:58 AM   #3858

Good Morning Gang,
The storm went north of us last night and the panhandle got hit with tornadoes. We had some rain but nothing drastic yet. There is still some strong cells headed our way from the Gulf right now, so for the next couple hours we may still get something.
You guys are too kind and give me a lot of credit, like I have said before I didn't do anything that any one of you wouldn't have done. I am really happy that I could help Rail get his coach, His friend that lives down here is going saturday to pick it up and then we are going to store it somewheres near here.
Have a great day all, and stay dry,
Frank
Old 02-24-2016, 11:02 AM   #3859

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Coffeeís really good this beautiful sunny morning, itís so perfect I actually overslept and didnít awaken until 7am. Thatís almost unheard of for me.
Rail I really like the RV youíve found, and a nice seller too, but with the name Steve what else would he be!

Iíve been taking some time out after I awoke Monday morning in a depressed funk. Just one of those days that I think nearly everyone has occasionally. So, not wanting to inflict my bad mood on others I didnít post. Yesterday was a beautiful day but Iíd made early morning plans to go on a 6 mile hike in the Huachuca Mountains and had to leave too early to post anything.

As for my Monday funk, the prior evening Iíd gone on full moon night hike in the Whetstone Mountainís with the local hiking club. Nearly everyone on the hike was significantly younger than me and I lost track of the number of people who asked me if I was doing okay. While I appreciated their concern, I didnít need their constant reminders that I wasnít a young man anymore. Though part of me feels very fortunate that at 68 Iím able to participate in strenuous outdoor activities, this aging business still gets me down at times. When that happens I remind myself of one of my personal heroís, the late Norman Vaughan of Anchorage AK, who among other things ran dog sled teams in the Iditarod well into his mid-80ís. His claim to fame was that he was the oldest and slowest musher of the bunch, but he nearly always finished the race!

So here it is yet another beautiful sunny Arizona day, time to get outside!

Steve
Old 02-24-2016, 12:38 PM   #3860

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocritter View Post
Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Thankfully, itís a beautiful sunny morning and yesterday my friend dropped off my 4lbs of Kirkland House Blend coffee beans so I have some really excellent morning coffee once again. Life is good!

I like the new rig Rail, love the kitchen area. Mine donít have nearly the space it has but one of the things I want to do with mine is take out my RVís worthless dinette and replace it with a food prep counter. Us gourmets gotta stay on top of things at meal time!

It doesnít look like it has slide-outs, which probably helped lower the price since these days everyone wants slide-outs. Being the eccentric that I am, I avoided getting an RV with slide-outs. I didnít want the added potential maintenance/repair hassles and poorly insulated added space. Nonetheless, when theyíre deployed they sure are nice.

Iím glad to hear that folks are getting their health issues straightened out and that itís starting to warm up in the Great White North.

From the land of, once again, sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabeís.

Steve
Hey Steve... I'm only what --10 pages or so behind you all... but... when you get around to the removing the dinette, clue us in on the pans... pictures of before, during and after... I have dreams of cutting our dining table in half, and cutting the booth back by half o the middlemost side and trying to do something about the fresh water tank that resides under it and the furnace comes through... anything and everything related to these types of remodels is really got my interest as I think and continue puzzling a plan out in my mind!
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #3861

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Afternoon all from snowy MI,

Woke up this AM to dry snow free grounds and it is all covered right now and continuing. We are supposed to get up to 12 inches and if we do I will not be going to w--k tomorrow because I don't want to. So close to a free 10 hrs bonus for no call ins too. Darn it!

Frank and Rail, If you remember Curtis went and looked at my coach and took it home to his place for me. He and Melissa also picked us up at the airport and took us home with them. It is hard to explain to someone how important it is to them when someone is willing to go look at a coach for them. Yes, I would do it for someone else, and Rail would do it for you, but it is just so unusual in today's society for someone to put themselves out there for another person. We seem to have found a lot of people here with those values and consider ourselves lucky for having done so.

Melissa told Curtis, "She's trusting you to tell her this is good enough to buy and then buying it sight unseen?". Yeah, I did because I trusted Curtis (even though I didn't know him except for here) to tell me if it was a good deal. He told me to buy it and I did. I am NOT sorry I did so, it has worked out to be a great rig for us. It is a leap of faith though.

That's why I think and have experienced that when we get together it is like we have been old friends all along. Remember when people used to have "pen pals" and they got to know each other through writing letters? When they finally met it was like they always knew each other. The same I think.

Supposed to be 40 on Sat so hopefully this won't last long. I am ready for SPRING! You all take care and thanks for the prayers for my friend. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:09 PM   #3862

Lynne,
You are so right in what you said. I agree totally. Rita told me when we stopped at Lloyd's, how do you know that he isn't a bad person, you don't know what you are getting into, Deb told Lloyd the very same thing almost word for word, we both said that we were sure just by what was said on these posts and both DW's had to admit that everything was good. Most RVers are a different breed, and go out of their way to help a fellow RVer.(not only RVers but you know what I mean). It was an honor to be able to help Rail out and I am very happy that I could help him.
Frank
Old 02-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #3863

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

When Jerry and I met you and Rita it was like we already knew each other because we did (on here). While you see nothing special about doing this for Rail I am sure (because you love this lifestyle) you also enjoyed going through that rig, driving it, making sure it was all ok. Meeting the owner was a plus and gave Rail a peace of mind (which is difficult to have considering where he lives). It will all work out because some day you will need something special done for you and it will be done.

Rail will also "pay this forward" because you did this for him. I can imagine his excitement because I have been there. We bought our MH on May 5th and did not see it (in person) until May 28th. We stayed in it that first night at Curtis's house. We had shipped things to their house and they put it in the rig. It was a great experience and I would not hesitate to do it again.

That is what Rail did last year when he bought one "sight unseen" and then came here to use it and sold it again. He is probably so excited but has to wait. Soon Rail, soon.

It looks terrible outside right now. I don't think I could get to work even if I left right now. Doesn't look promising. We'll see in the AM.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:47 PM   #3864

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Hey Steve... I'm only what --10 pages or so behind you all... but... when you get around to the removing the dinette, clue us in on the pans... pictures of before, during and after... I have dreams of cutting our dining table in half, and cutting the booth back by half o the middlemost side and trying to do something about the fresh water tank that resides under it and the furnace comes through... anything and everything related to these types of remodels is really got my interest as I think and continue puzzling a plan out in my mind!
Itíll probably be quite a while before I pull out the dinette. Itís not high on my priority list. However, what I have planned after I remove the dinette is to install some kitchen cabinets from Ikea, though I may have to toughen them up with epoxy glue and hardwood pegs for use in my ďrolling earthquakeĒ.

Iíll be putting the 2í deep by 6í long cabinet and counter in to:

1. Increase my kitchen counter space.
2. Add storage space lost by the removal of the dinette benches.
3. Provide a place for the hot water heater which is currently located in one of my dinette benches.

Based on what I found at Ikea the dinette remodel will cost between $400-$500.

Since Iím a single widower Iím also planning on remodeling my bedroom at the same time. Iíll be dumping my queen bed and installing a small office area on one side and a single bed on the other. The office is needed for my geological consulting business plus Iím thinking of doing some writing as well. Itíll be sooo nice getting my computer, printer, scanner and a small file cabinet moved out of my living area.

Steve