Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #3893

OK
I have to confess...
The line on F Troop was ......."We're the Hekawi" Hekawi was their real name. But I didn't want to violate any copyright. So I exercised a little artistic license....I think they would have wanted my version , that show was full of gags like that , but it WAS TV in the 60s ?
(They had to cover up Jeannie's and Mary Ann's navels right?

We're the Fakawi should be our tribal name , and motto !

bap
I had that problem and not having insurance I found relief by grabbing the top door trim and hanging for a while.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #3894

Thanks Terry, it all makes good sense!

Steve

Old 02-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #3895
cwk

Sorry, popeye.

G-rated family user here. Suggested tribe name rejected. I won't be able to share these posts with extended family (including minors). I want to get them interested in RVing.

Prefer not to be a "tribe member" anyway. Just want to share thoughts and ideas with fellow folks. I've had enough hierarchy over the years to last me several life-times.

BTW, my official military title was "Chief" but those days are past. I just a regular guy who likes to travel a bit now and then with wife and family.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #3896

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Octane, Usually when I have an engine that I just got or don't have a history on what I do is install (if it doesn't have one) a mechanical oil gauge to check the real pressure (I don't trust an electrical one) also I do a cylinder leak down on all the cylinders, that will tell how good the rings and valves are. If everything checks out there I would do a complete tuneup and change all the belts and hoses. For the trany the first thing I do is drop the oil pan and check the condition of whats left in the pan after you dump the oil, most of the time there is a magnet in the pan check for metal stuck to or laying in the pan a little is normal, but VERY little. of course look at the condition of the oil it'll be a little dark but have a clean smell not burnt. other than that it's alot of visual checking of brake and fuel lines, ujoints shouldn't have any play, to check them you have to block your wheels (front AND back) to make sure the MH doesn't move put it in neutral and wiggle back and forth any play....replace. If the shop that you go to has an oscilloscope set up that can be done in a very short time and tell you all sorts of things about and engine, but very few shops can do this or have a "Tech" that knows how.
Damn Terry you know your stuff dont you!! I think most of us need to clone you and have you near by
Old 02-26-2016, 01:51 PM   #3897

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Octane, It's just years of messing with "stuff" I don't think the world could take another me
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:16 PM   #3898

That is what the world needs is more people like you
Old 02-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #3899

Charles
OH that's different , never mind !
Old 02-26-2016, 06:46 PM   #3900

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hmmm, not sure about what is or isn't right or wrong with Popeye's post? G rated? What can't be shared? Good natured fun?
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #3901
cwk

Quote:
Hmmm, not sure about what is or isn't right or wrong with Popeye's post? G rated? What can't be shared? Good natured fun?
Terry, His suggested tribal name was the only thing that bordered on inappropriateness. We have learned a lot from his many posts and sharing. His sense of humor is a great part of what makes this fun.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #3902

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Some folks recall the days of the joke about the Fakawi bird. Seems the bird was always lost and its cry (very much like it's name) was a lament of being lost. Most of us did not get the meaning until the joke was explained.

The use of the word has permeated throughout society and now you are hearing it freely used in grade school.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:53 PM   #3903

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning, afternoon, evening,
Laptop took a dump, glad yall made it with out me!!!!
Older gal from the next park got creamed in front of our park today on her scooter. No helmet, I don't think it would have helped. It is on Hwy95 and the speed limit is 35 but I don't think many know that, as they are flying past. She was airlifted to Phoenix. I was told she darted out of the park onto the Hwy never even looked , Not good.
Gordon, Sounds like prefect skiing conditions. Don't break a leg, that goes for Janet too. See ya when ya get back.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:53 AM   #3904

Good Morning!

I couldn't recall the name of the tribe,,,,,, but that skit about the balloon was stuck in my head. I assume I am not alone, as it comes up easily when you google. I also like Popeye's humor. I always thought the "Hekawi's" name was a cleaned up version of the joke. Read the Wikipedia write-up. The show was not without color.

Times have changed, now all you have to do is listen to the radio or watch TV and hear commercials that are all about products 10 year olds in the late 60's had no idea about. They do now!

Have a buddy who sold his outdoor wood stove. One of those big ones with a 400 gallon hot water tank. Heading there this morning with my tractor and my gooseneck to load and transport the stove to the new owner. Going to keep me busy for a few hours.

Have a great Saturday all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:06 AM   #3905

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow A first back to back,

Morning,

Currently COLD, again had to turn on the furnace brrrrrr.
bobby,
I have the 64 insured with Hagertys so far haven't needed them. $260.00 per year, insured for $30,000 We only get 3-4 months that she is on the road otherwise in storage.
Went to the pain Clinic and got the scripts for my meds and tried again with Wal Mart and again got the shaft. I swear never again. I went to the store manger and got no help. It must be a Arizona thing. They need a lesson on customer service. I stood in line just too drop them off for 40 minutes while the lady helped 1 customer, I was the 14th in line. No one came to help either, there were 6 other associates there also. confused:
My turn and I got we don't have this and that and the other will be in Fridays order come back, I asked what time she says I don't know I said find out for me she asked another gal and was told the same thing. (this is the same gal as last time that didn't know Wal Mart and Sams are the same company.)
We are driving 60 plus miles there and back. I called on Friday 3 times nope not here call back Saturday. I'm glad its not a heart med...

Have a Great weekend and those on the road be safe.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:50 AM   #3906

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s still slightly dark but so far it looks like another beautiful sunny Arizona day. I love my morning coffee, I’m so glad I have the Kirkland brand again, cheap and excellent, it works for me!

Tim, I feel your pain with Walmart. I usually try to avoid shopping at Walmart, even if I have to pay a little more it normally just isn’t worth the hassle and that’s coming from a guy who’s currently living on social security.

I have to wonder about all these meds the pill-pushers prescribe to us. When my wife was dying of cancer I did a lot of stress eating and my weight ballooned to 295lbs., my blood pressure was sky high, I was borderline diabetic, and my cholesterol was both high and out of whack. Several months after Gail died I changed my eating habits and developed a plan that generally works for me (except at Thanksgiving and Christmas when my inner glutton runs amuck!). When my weight is where it should be between 200-210lbs., all my health problems go away. BTW, with my eating plan I never feel deprived, it allows me flexibility to overeat at times, such as social outings, and I can eat pretty much whatever I want as long as I practice portion control. In other words, it’s a plan I can follow for life. It’s not perfect, thanks to the recent holidays I’m currently at 220lbs. (damned inner glutton, heavy sigh), but my weight is slowly falling back to where it should be.

So that’s it for today, I’ll be going to the gun show this morning and as long as I’m in the area maybe head over to Pima Air & Space Museum this afternoon.

Best wishes to all y’all from southeast Arizona, the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabe’s.

Steve