Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:05 PM   #3907

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

Drive into work Friday was much better than Thursday. Yes, the front wheel drive of the Prius was a big help but I have lived in winter states since birth. Born in Omaha, Nebraska, moved to Iowa and then to Michigan. You learn to drive or are buried for months and cannot go anywhere. Boss didn't get into work on Thursday so yes, she was very glad of those who did.

I have had 2 spinal fusions. L4, L5 and C6, C7. There were also 5 more buldging discs we chose not to fix. The surgeries helped but often the neck and back got so tight and painful I was fighting to NOT live on drugs. I don't want to become addicted to narcotics.

Ice helped, heat helped but sometimes it got so bad I just wished to die. I have metal plates, screws, and donor bone in those areas. It is not fun. Nerve damage and most days pain was anywhere from a 4/10 to 8/10. You learn to live with it but it is hard.

A friend had an inversion bench she offered to let me try. The inversion bench has helped incredibly well. The first time I got on it I was in so much pain I was nauseated. I had worked that day and felt I wouldn't be working much longer. That was 3 years ago. I had a big pop and it scared the poop out of me but I felt relief. Two more pops and a snap and more relief. Got up and rested a while. Got back on the bench and had a pop so loud and painful I felt I had broken my back. Before I could move 3 more pops. I just hung there in shock because I couldn't feel pain.

All I can say is WOW and thank God my friend invited me over to try her bench. I walked out of there sore but pain free for the first time since my accident. I went out and bought one of those benches. I may only use it every couple weeks because I don't need it more often. Things start to tighten or get sore and I hop on. It has mostly eliminated my pain level. It has made my daily living much easier and more pleasant.

There is no way I could have kept working the last 3 years without that bench. I am just trying to figure out where to put it in the rig when we travel. I still have days I just wish I could sit a min but with patient care you cannot stop because your back is sore. If you can find an inversion bench to try do so.

It's presently 41 and going to 50 tomorrow. There is an RV show near by and I may have to go look. If not that, target practice!

You all have a great day! Keep safe all! Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #3908

Good evening!

Pretty good day here today, mid-50's. Headed to 65* tomorrow. Got some grading to do. Lynne, I am ready for spring also.

Got that wood stove moved today. Wasn't too bad. The guy who bought it had everything ready when we got there, slab, plumbing, electric. Bet he has it running in a couple days.

Those things are a lot of work down here in the south, but he has a old mill house with little to no insulation, I guess its worth it for the money he will save.

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160227_111008_resized.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	120025  

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:47 AM   #3909
bap

goodmorning my friends,,
coffee tasting very good this sunny morning and the temp is heading to 65 today ..gonna be a great day to work outside,,
thanks for the advise everyone,,,im no stranger to back problems,,back in 96 i got sucker punched by a 10,000 lb wall from behind never knew it was comming it crushed t8,t9,t10 and t11 then in 2001 my overhead crane broke and dropped a fully built set of semi axle on me and blew out my lower lumbar,, but i swear this upper neck and shoulder thing is a killer i have tried hanging and stretching, heat and ice, and well everything i can think of with no relife,,the ibuprophen 800s are doing nothing even the er meds of methocarbomal,naproxen and vicoden are no help at all,,,this just sucks...lol

ohh yea, we got a new channel on our tv this week and there is a show on it called flipping rv,s,,debbie and i have had a great time watching it,,they take vintage tt,s and totally restore them,,as some of you may know thats right up our ally..lol
if any of you get a chance check it out ,,they also go to vintage rallies,,its a fun watch if your into that stuff..

any way,,,--i pray all are doing well and have a great an safe day..

jeff
Old 02-28-2016, 07:18 AM   #3910

Good morning!

Bap, you and Debbie should be on that show! Send them some pics.

I've been lucky, knock on wood, no back problems. I have other problems, but not my back.

35* here, headed to 65*. My parents are building a small house up the street from us. Plan is to get them closer to us. Anyway, got some grading to do and a big pile of brush to burn today. Hope to get started on a 14x20' shed soon so we have a place to keep tools etc..

Probably going to hire a builder for the house, once the weather breaks.

Did I miss it? Rail when are you coming to get that coach? It sure looks nice. Much nicer than the ones we found near here.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:38 AM   #3911
bap

whooo hooo,,quick everyone to Lloyds place for the bon fire,,roasted hot dogs and smores,,,--lol..have fun ole buddy,,and thats great getting the family closer

and yes RAIL,, the coach looks awsome,,if it were close enough you would be more than welcome to store it here..got plenty of room..

well time to feed the horses...---have a great day everyone
Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 AM   #3912

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather was chilly(38*) but going to be warming up quickly as the sun is shining, to the mid 70's today and near 80 the rest of the week.
Heading to workkamp so have to make this short. Hope all are doing good, bap, hope your pain goes away or at least diminishes to a tolerable level real soon.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:08 AM   #3913
bap

thanks FRANK,,

Lloyd,, thanks for the kind words, and they do sound alot like a younger us thats for sure..lol,,i dont think were up to par with that show ... but we sure do have fun rebuilding those old tt,s just the same...but..if we had that team and supplies,,,hmmm im sure we could have even more fun,,,,we do love bringing them back from certain death thats for sure and we do the very best we can with what we have to work with,,,--we sure would love to find some of those oldies that they come accross thats for sure !!--wow,,awsome !!

got run for now.,.,,,,check ya latters!!
Old 02-28-2016, 08:34 AM   #3914

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning
Currently 49 Furnace is running,
Coffee is good as usual.
Yesterday was a wash went from parker to Yuma trying to get my scrip's filled Wall-Mart filled a couple but not the others so told them to give me back my scrip's and I'll have them filled elsewhere.. So I have had 2 out of 7 filled since Thursday. Never again will I step foot in a Walmart never.
Gordon, we missed ya. We swung by yesterday and you were not home. Are you and Janet skiing?
I got yelled at yesterday by one of the old timers he told me that I have been speeding in the parking lots confused: I told him I don't speed in the lots and drove off, I can't wait too get out of here tomorrow.
It was 54 yesterday back at home so it won't be long and we will head home.
Its been a real learning experience here and hope we don't go thru this again.

That's it from my keyboard,
Take Care and those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:06 AM   #3915

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Great coffee this AM sitting her blinking in the living room because the SUN IS SHINING so bright it is about blinding! Love It though!

44 right now and going into the 50's. Probably not over yet but it is getting closer and then I can get the MH out and go camping. Got a July trip planned but not to Jay's. That will have to wait until retirement.

Have another raccoon visiting at night. Got rid of 2 so far and now another wanting to tear into the bird feeders. He is going to have to go.

You all have a great day.I hope it is as beautiful as mine is going to be.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #3916

Goooodmorning!!! All yíall!!!

Another beautiful sunny Arizona day with great morning coffee!

My friend and I went to that Tucson gun show yesterday and damned if an old 12 gauge double barrel muzzle loading shotgun didnít follow me home. I may not exactly be into restoring RVís, with the exception of my home-on-wheels, but as a bottom feeder in the doublegun world I do get my share of restoration projects. Iíll take this old beat-up SXS, freshen it up with a stock refinish, service and lube the action, replace the percussion nipples, lightly hone the barrels so they shine again, and next fall Iíll load her up with black powder and shot and take her out bird hunting. Maybe Iím a little crazy but I swear these old guns are haunted, you can almost hear the previous ownerís ghosts cheering on the sidelines when you drop a pheasant with a gun that probably hasnít been shot in over 100 years. I know enough doublegun enthusiasts that after I tire of it Iíll sell it to someone else to enjoy. Itís strange about my hobby, Iím not in it to make money but I almost never fail to turn a small profit on my purchases. Not a bad hobby to have!

Tomorrow my hunting buddyís heading back to Seattle. He doesnít know it yet but Iím taking him out to lunch today to wish him safe travels. Heís already sorry that he hadnít planned to stay in Arizona longer.

I read about your troubles Jeff and my back starts to hurt in sympathy! Back troubles are no fun, being by myself makes back problems a real concern for me. Iím not sure what Iíd do if I had a flare-up.

Tim, you ole speed demon you, a heavy foot you say? So whatíd you do, hit the gas and spray him with dust and gravel!

Thatís about it, Iím glad that yíall in the Great White North are doing well and staying safe and warm.

Steve
Old 02-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #3917

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning everyone;
Janet and I are in Salt Lake. Went up a day early to try to acclimatize to the higher elevation. Seems to be working so far. Tomorrow we "head for/to the hills".

Most of the crew will be in today. Will be 30+ this year. We will have lots of folks to ski with.

Looking out of the window we can see frost on the roof of the house below the hotel. The sun is out and the day is looking very cheerful. Actually we are hoping for clouds and snow. None predicted til the end of the week though. Oh well???

Have a great day.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #3918

Gordon
Are you getting homesick for ice and snow????
Be careful and no kissing trees @ 50 mph on the slopes !

Steve
How many of those do you have ? Are we going to have to do an intervention ?

beamis
Go get that rig , just don't put water in it yet.

Tim
At least you got your scripts back, hard to believe you'll have worse luck anywhere else.

bap
Hope that back gets better for ya walking helps too.

Frank
Wish I was workamping with that weather..

Lloyd
Keep those flames under control.
Hope you get the folks new place up n runnin with no speed bumps .
Old 02-28-2016, 07:42 PM   #3919

Hi All!

Well, Mission accomplished. The rough grade is done, and a massive pile of brush is burned. Once you get a good bed of heat, its amazing how quickly the brush keeps going. Kept piling it on with the forks. All clear now.

Steve, I have a side x side I bought 3-4 years ago, and decided I really liked it. Well, my problem is I get too into it. So the stock had some dings, and needed a re do,,, next thing I know I had a lady in Mn adding checkering to the stock,,, then I sanded and re did the stock. Well got the stock done, and said Geezzz that looks nice.... sent the barrels to a place in Kansas and they added screw in chokes....... now I have a $400 gun, worth about $200,,,, except to me. We some times shoot skeet here, and I love to give the kids a run for their money with my old SxS. I guess maybe it was worth it!

Tim, stay where you are. Minneapolis will still be there when you come back, and warm weather is a ways off.

L.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #3920

Winnebago Owners Club
Was a great day today. 20 of the crew are here. More are expected tomorrow. Unfortunately the weather here is sunny and warm. Good for the flowers but not for the skiers.

Still - had a great dinner with the bunch. Have started planning alternative activities just in case of no new snow. Have to get a new golf bag as well as check out some motorcycles. Oh - and there are a couple tool stores that need to be inspected.

Tomorrow the sliding begins.