Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #3935

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
wschaub, looks like your "friends" are waiting for some "sweet feed" or maybe a apple or two! Hope the job you are looking for drops into your lap!
They are more into carrots and ginger snaps but they are pretty good friends. In that particular pasture there are 3 donkeys, 2 horses, 1 mule (mine) and 2 ponies. Really looking forward to more Trail rides with my mule this year (gaited saddle mule).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2016, 10:56 PM   #3936

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was not my usual, so, not so good!
Re-hab is done, got a coffee and muffin and went for my blood test, and the Dr. ordered a couple of extra tests, that I have to fast before hand! So, back tomorrow morning!
sam-3, thanks, we are not sure of the dates yet, so it is all speculation right now, but when we know for sure, I will let everyone know!
Thanks!
Tim, sorry for your luck, the post poofer is still out there, just waiting!
I found that MH, sent you another PM!
Steve, the SXS sounds really nice!
Well, I have to get a good cup of coffee now, just is not the same sitting here without!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 03-02-2016, 04:33 AM   #3937

Good morning!

50* here, headed to the 60's.

14 days and Deb and I head out on our first trip of the year, Perry Georgia national motor coach rally. First one we have ever been to. Meeting our friend John their, he has been in Florida all winter. In the motor coach magazine they listed the vendors that will be there, I counted 174! Does not include dealers and manufactures with motor homes on display.

Mark Chessnut, Lorri Morgan, Joe Diffie and another group I gave not heard of are performing. Should be fun to get out the RV again, and sounds like there is plenty to keep us going.

Rail, hope all is okay at the docs!

L.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #3938

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather is excellent.
Rail,
Hope everything goes good at the docs.
Lloyd,
Hope that you and Deb have a blast. That Rally is always a good time from what everyone that I've talked to says. A lot of good info and of course the vendors always have a lot of goodies for you to drool over.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #3939

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Sat here this AM drinking coffee and thinking "Thank God I don't work today".

Went in yesterday morning and it was just starting but it was slick on the roads. Most who decided to drive at their normal speed were seen needing a tow up the road a bit. Some just don't learn. Coming home was another story.

It had had all day to dump snow and dump it did. They had been plowing most of the day and just couldn't keep up with it. Driving home was worse than getting in Thursday last week. I barely crawled up our road (with the Prius) but got home and Jerry had the drive cleared. I just sat in the car thinking "Thank God I don't w--k tomorrow".

Didn't see any cars go by this am. 2 trucks and they struggled. Can't wait for Mother Nature to take a hike out of MI and Spring to come.

Bap, how is the back? Hope it is doing better. They can make every move miserable.

Hope the rest of you are staying warm and dry. Rail, won't be long until you meet Mona and every day makes one less. I'm cheering for you! They have 'cuddle duds" that are long johns for ladies. If you do go to Niagara early, you might want to get some for the ladies. Niagara in winter can be beautiful.

Popeye, you can't find a CG opened here in MI this time of year so I will wait. Meanwhile, I "Weather the Storm with my Prius"! I may name it "Storm Chaser" Prius.

Well, you all stay safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #3940

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 58
Going up to 90-91 today.

Coffee is going down well,

Made the transition to Yuma.

Very nice park, We actually are in California but very close too Yuma, huge trees, plants, flowering plants, MH's lite up at night its like Christmas all over. I can't wait to get ours up, and did I say friendly people here. The park has a total different atmosphere. We are here for the month of March.

Thanks Gordon for the invite, What a stand up Guy and we met him on irv2.com can't wait too meet his wife Janet.

Gas is $1.44 Reg $1.66 premium. Loving that....

Steve I would have like too what a jerk, They all sat in there Golf carts as we loaded the caddie onto the KarKaddy, like I said before it was a learning experience hoping never have to have that again.
We finally got our meds at Sam's/ Walgreens down here. I told the pharmacist's what had happened at Wall Mart in Parker, he just shook his head in disbelief.
Water under the bridge.

Okay I found a complete package deal MH /Enclosed car trailer(package deal) and the 64 caddie would fit in it.. If I only had the funds. Its a beauty on the outside we haven't called the owner to see the inside. again no funds. now the S&B's could go.( )
2000 Country Coach Alure(sp)
330Hp Diesel pushe

Floyd,
I just heard on my Radio station that there expecting snow tonight back home and high of 35.
Have you been there since your last trip there? We are going to stop in Oklahoma next month @ Joes brother's
Here are a few Pic's of the one that got away.

Thanks again Gordon have a blast skiing and say hi to the wife.

Thanks guys,
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_175247.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	120338   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_175412.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	120339  

Name:	20160301_175627(0).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	120340   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_175716.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	120341  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:05 AM   #3941

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 58
Going up to 90-91 today.

Coffee is going down well,

Made the transition to Yuma.

Very nice park, We actually are in California but very close too Yuma, huge trees, plants, flowering plants, MH's lite up at night its like Christmas all over. I can't wait to get ours up, and did I say friendly people here. The park has a total different atmosphere. We are here for the month of March.

Thanks Gordon for the invite, What a stand up Guy and we met him on irv2.com can't wait too meet his wife Janet.

popeye hers my contribution .

Gas is $1.44 Reg $1.66 premium. Loving that....

Steve I would have like too what a jerk, They all sat in there Golf carts as we loaded the caddie onto the KarKaddy, like I said before it was a learning experience hoping never have to have that again.
We finally got our meds at Sam's/ Walgreens down here. I told the pharmacist's what had happened at Wall Mart in Parker, he just shook his head in disbelief.
Water under the bridge.

Okay I found a complete package deal MH /Enclosed car trailer(package deal) and the 64 caddie would fit in it.. If I only had the funds. Its a beauty on the outside we haven't called the owner to see the inside. again no funds. now the S&B's could go.( )
2000 Country Coach Alure(sp)
330Hp Diesel pushe

Floyd,
I just heard on my Radio station that there expecting snow tonight back home and high of 35.
Have you been there since your last trip there? We are going to stop in Oklahoma next month @ Joes brother's
Here are a few Pic's of the one that got away.

Thanks again Gordon have a blast skiing and say hi to the wife.

Thanks guys,
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160301_175247.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	120342   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_175627.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	120343  

Name:	20160301_175716.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	120344   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160301_175500_1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	120345  

Name:	20160221_162416.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	120349   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160221_162400.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	532.1 KB
ID:	120350  

Old 03-02-2016, 09:30 AM   #3942

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I got a late start this morning, just didn’t want to get up for some reason. I’m up now and as usual my coffee’s excellent!

Lynne, that’s some weather you’re having. However, as the say about March “If March comes in like a lion it’ll go out like a lamb!” (and vice-versa), so it sounds like better days will be arriving soon!

Rail, I’m excited for you finally meeting “Mona” soon. I bet you can hardly wait!

Tim, thanks for posting news and your impressions of Quartzsite. You’ve answered many of my questions and helped confirm my choice of continuing to winter in Sierra Vista.

Gordon, my son may be moving to Colorado this coming year so who knows, there may be skiing in my future too.

I love reading about the various projects all y’all have going on. As for me, I’ll be starting my projects in mid-April with a new in-tank fuel pump installation followed by roof repairs. Now that I’ve decided to stay in Sierra Vista until the end of May I should have the time.

From Sierra Vista AZ, the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabe’s.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #3943

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Steve, how far from Yuma are you?
Old 03-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #3944

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post

Google Maps says 312 miles.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:14 PM   #3945

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Google Maps says 312 miles.

ronspradley
Tim, Ron and Google have it right, it’s 312 miles. There are several things that make Sierra Vista a happy place for me.

Sierra Vista has lots of infrastructure but no heavy rush hour traffic.

It has a beautiful countryside without the need to make a blood sacrifice every time I want to take a hike or hunt. In other words almost no cactus.

The city sits at an elevation of 4,800’ which means 10-15 degree cooler weather than Tucson.

The adjoining 9,466’ Huachuca Mountains are beautiful and provide lots of outdoor activities.

The local quail hunting, with three species of quail to choose from, is exceptional with countryside to hunt in that’s so beautiful I’m happy even if I don’t get any quail.

Sierra Vista is listed as having a semi-arid climate, not exactly the desert climate that you’ve been experiencing in Quartzsite and now Yuma but I love it!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:09 PM   #3946

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is tasting sweet today!
I had to wait till I gave blood this morning, to get back home and get my coffee, so when I got it!
Lynne, sorry for the weather you are getting, and it will be so much sweeter after you retire, and see those reports on the news! How many days???? Sometime's waiting is not the best thing! I sure am glad I retired early! "Storm Chaser" huh? I like it!
Steve, SV is by far one of my favorites, when we stayed there for 4 days last trip at a friends house, it was heaven! Did you go to Bisbee and take the "Copper Queen" mine tour yet? We went, and it freaked Jira and her mom out, and I convinced them it would be ok, and when we got up to the window to get the tickets, Sold Out, for the next two tours, so we just left! So go early, to secure a spot! There is a lot to do in town, with many shops, and a really nice museum! We spent the whole day there just checking everything out!
Tim, now that you are in Yuma, you can go check out everything! That is a very nice park, and you will like it there much better! That looked like a sweet combo, MH and trailer, but I would guess he wanted a "pretty penny" for it! CC's are near the top of the pecking order!
Frank and Lloyd, the visit to the re-hab was ok, dipped my hands in the "molten lava" 10 times, let cool, peeled it off, and did it 2 more rep's! 30 dips total! Then hand exercise's for 30 min.'s! Today had to go see the vampire's to give blood, for my 3 month test's to check the PSA, CBC, and a bunch of other stuff. They do all the blood work in house, so results in a few hours, not days like in the U.S.
Yes, I am "chomping at the bit", and excited is a understatement! I am doing as much research as possible, so I know how to work everything! Still not sure of the dates yet!
Hope everyone has a great day! Rail!
Old 03-02-2016, 09:27 PM   #3947

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim;
Glad you and Joe made it down. Happy there was room. The park is filling up and they say there will be a big construction crew in the area for a couple years. That will reduce the number of available spots.

Day 3 of the skiing is over. Having a great time. We are having blue bird days. That is lots of sun and blue skies, no snow (drat). Lots of base left but it is noticeably dropping.

Off to bed now. All this exercise and fresh air are taking a toll. Loving it!!!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:51 AM   #3948

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, looks like it is going to be another nice golf day.

Tim,
Nice looking set up, jut what you need, now you just have to hit the lottery.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote