Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #3949

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

I awoke just after 5am for a change, itís nice to be early and see the sunrise.

I had another lazy day yesterday, my inner sloth has been working overtime lately. However, at 4pm today Iím going on a 5-mile hike with the Sierra Vista Hiking Club to keep in shape. Take that inner sloth!!

I canít say enough good things about Sierra Vista and the surrounding area. I really have only one complaint and itís a minor one. Sierra Vistaís only 60 years old, having been founded in 1956, so it doesnít have one of those funky historic old town sections like I enjoyed living in Naperville, IL. However, it does have a bunch of funky olde pharts (like me) to help make up for lack of interesting architecture.

Rail, in fact I do plan to visit the Queen Mine in Bisbee later this month. While in college I was an avid spelunker with the Little Egypt Grotto at SIU. During my geology career Iíve visited strip mines, open pit mines, an iron mine, a long-wall underground coal mine, and an underground salt mine. Itíd be criminal to miss touring the Queen Mine! BTW a few weeks ago the SV Hiking Club had an evening hike of Bisbee, the city of 1,000 stair steps (at least). A lady on the hike claimed to have lived in Bisbee for 28 years and I believed her. I could tell by her enormous thighs! Overall she was very thin but her thighs put JLo to shame.

Itís time to get a start on my day. Iím first heading to Ft. Huachuca to renew my guest pass, last time I went it was the afternoon and jammed with people.

Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #3950

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Coffee is Suburb
Currently 55
Going to be in the 90ties today O-drat "NOT" We are loving it.

Well guy's I was expecting $80-$100 K on the Country Coach and was really surprised @ $50K, 68,000 miles and just under 300 hours on the genie.

Finally got all our meds for the next month. I missed one for restless leg syndrome, I had used my last 2 yesterday morning and I don't want to run out of those as its a PITA going thru a episode of that.

I am currently watching GOLD RUSH A very informative TV program. No TV antenna headaches like @ the other Place. Plus Cable Tv all we need to do is change one coax cable to another @ the Tv. No more ladder climbing.

Thanks, ronspradley I didn't think it was that far. Steve you must be by Tucson?

One of the girls (4 legged) is having seizers more often, Was told if its a diabetics type to give her Honey. We bought a small container and have given her small amounts that she can still lick and she comes out of it within a minute. It really works, I feel so bad for her, but at least now we can do something about it without braken the bank.

That's it from my Keyboard,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #3951

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!
Well, got the results back from the blood tests, and everything is good! PSA went up from .010 to .020, and as my Dr. said, as long as its .0, nothing to worry about!! Really, at this rate, I will be dead from something else far before this gets me! All the other tests, the blood sugars, cholesterol, good and bad, Tryglysarides (sp) and everything else is all good! So, another day of the re-hab in the books! 3 more next week, and should be done with that!
Tim, there is a Pow-woW festival at the high school football field on the north side of Winterhaven, Ca. this weekend! The 4th, 5th, and 6th,
San Pasqual High School football field
676 Baseline Rd.
Winterhaven, Ca. (7 miles north of Yuma)
Sounds like a fun time, there will be native dance, and many native arts and crafts!
Steve, I have a buddy that has a house in Bisbee, so when we were there, we had to find it, and take a pic in front of it! It is in between two roads, and is pie shaped, and yes, if you walked around the town a lot, you would be in really good shape for sure! It was one of the most unique towns I have ever been in! You must go to Tombstone, Az. too! It has a very good museum, and is very unique too! Some good restaurant's too! I bought Jira a very nice turquoise necklace there, in one of the shops! Ft. Huachuca is the oldest (still in operation) Fort's in the U.S. and it has all the history you can soak in, for sure!
Frank, enjoy your golf game!
Gordon, hope it snows some fresh snow for you before you come back!
Popeye, been thinking about the boat thing, my mind won't stop with the idea's! Rail!
Old 03-04-2016, 06:40 AM   #3952
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post

One of the girls (4 legged) is having seizers more often, Was told if its a diabetics type to give her Honey. We bought a small container and have given her small amounts that she can still lick and she comes out of it within a minute. It really works, I feel so bad for her, but at least now we can do something about it without braken the bank.
Tim,

We had a problem with our (late) cat: a Maine Coon. His blood sugar level was way up, he was not feeling well, and passing LOTS of water. We had him on insulin shots for quite some time, which worked. ALSO, the vet had us change his food. The new diet worked extremely well. After about a year or so of insulin, AND the new food, his blood sugar level adjusted itself to the point when the insulin was no longer needed. He lived for a number of years after that, finally passing on at his expected lifetime (about 14+ years for him).

We also had honey at the ready in case he had a seizure. He never did, but we were ready just in case. The point is that with the change in food he became better. Yes, the food was a bit more expensive than his regular store bought food. But, a lot less money than the insulin and the vet bills. I don't remember the name of the food. It was available at the vet's clinic. It was NOT a prescription cat food. It was just a brand that our vet carried. I believe it was also available online, but it was cheaper at the vet's! I would suggest you ask your vet for diet advice.

Final thought on cat food selection. I have read many articles published by vet's on line that say dry cat food is absolutely the worst food to feed a cat with diabetes. WRONG! A Maine Coon will NOT eat wet food. If given wet food, he would either a) not eat it, or b) wait until it dried out, then eat it. That breed of cat only likes dry food. The cat food we purchased for him was dry. And, it worked well. So much for depending on experts on line. I don't know what type of 4-legged animal you have, but be careful about trusting on-line info.

Best of luck!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #3953

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather even better, had a thunderstorm last night and a little rain, but little wind, so other than waking me up, no harm, no foul. Sunshine and 70* so beautiful now.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #3954
bap

gooodmorning folks,,,

RAIL.,, that is great news,,i prayed for great results on your test,s,,,

TIM,, sooo happy you found your happy place,,i knbow you were a very unhappy camper at your last place,,i would have been also..great to know incase for some reason i would have thought about going there,,,were small town USA kinda folks also that like friendly neighbors that like wishing each other a good day ,,,

well, ---as far as my neck,back and arm pain,,,,its still awfull,,like nothing i have ever had before,,,,i belive there is more to it than the pinched nerve and vertbre that is into my spinal cord,,last night i had a rash the size of o fifty cent piece pop out right over the spot in my lower neck,,,--dunno what would cause that,,,ohhhwell sorry about the complaining,,,,lol,,,just all i can focus on..

boy we got a goo dumping of the white stuff yesterday,,dropped over 6 inches in a few hours,,,they said we would only get a dusting and melt away quickly,,,that didnt happen....lol---but next week we will be in the 60,s and upper 70,s----spring is a coming.....yeeeehaww !!!

everyone have a blessed day,,,stay safe out there my friends !!!

...bap/jeff
Old 03-04-2016, 09:51 AM   #3955

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

My morning coffee was great as usual. Looking out my window, It looks as if it may be a little cloudy this morning, though the weatherman’s predicting a sunny afternoon (who could’ve guessed!).

Not much going on, my recent gunsmithing project’s on hold until I get a few inexpensive replacement parts. I think I’ll spend the morning cleaning up the clutter I live in. One thing about a small living space, it sure does get cluttered fast!

I was going to post a photo of my freshened up project gun. It doesn’t look bad for a 130 year old farm implement. Unfortunately, the stupid Captcha program thinks I’m a robot if I try to post a photo!

I’m sorry some of y’all are having health issues. It’s never a good thing when our bodies start breaking down. Late yesterday I bailed out halfway through a hike I was on. The hike leaders had set a pace that for me was too fast. Rather than slow the group down I bailed out halfway through. Being well over 6’ tall with a long stride, up until the last few years I was always the guy people had trouble keeping up with. Maybe it’s karma I’m experiencing (heavy sigh). I guess in my future it’ll have to pretty much be solo hiking.

Steve
Old 03-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #3956

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning
currently, warm
Man lovein the new park.. unbelievable difference, its like at a lake resort but with a river instead. Not a parking lot with rock. The other place needs some trees, grass POOL, friendly atmosphere, there taking in roughly $500,000.00 a month, come on. That's it for me.

Thanks again Gordon,

Not sure what I'm going to do today, Pool, Walk and see all the different plants, Flowers, There are some kind of trees that has Flowers, Magnolia ? not sure if they are. People watch, walking around. I'm thinking POOL

Got all the lights up and the Flags, Not much wind, very well protected Lots.

Rail I saw a commercial about the Powwow, ya know I have Indian in my roots. so I just might go.

Steve I hear ya , My hips go out just walking around Sam's...

Hey where is everybody ?

Thanks bap, I bet you got Restless leg syndrome ,I also get it in my shoulder where I torn my Rotary Cuff. a real PINA and shoulder. lol.

cwk,

Thanks for the info, Ours are doggies. In the past she has them maybe once a month or every other month. We will get her checked out when we get home. We have been feeding them Iams and dry and she drinks tons of water which make's me think its Diabetic.

Have a great weekend ya'll And those on the road be safe,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #3957

bap
Strange rash where the pain is???? Hmmmmmmm.
Are you sure you weren't abducted by aliens and are experiencing the symptoms of probing?

Tim
You appreciate the nice campgrounds better after you have stayed in some of the other not so nice ones. Most medium sized CGs have that level of cash flow....Some owners care more for the profit than the customers that pay it though!

Steve
Easy to clutter means easy to unclutter.....
Maybe an "old geezer" group hike ?????
Old 03-04-2016, 05:32 PM   #3958

Hey Rail
Keep up with the ideas, Maybe I should start looking for a boat , or a big sheet of aluminum anyway???
Glad you passed the tests.
I saw some real nice turquoise stuff at the store in D. Valley , the valley Timbisha Shoshone would come in and trade for overpriced food!

Capt. Popeye Sparrow
Old 03-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #3959

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rail, great news on the tests . Popeye, you might be onto something with the aliens hmmmm. Tim, glad your finally getting to enjoy the time you have left down there, now you know where to go next year. Steve, I feel for you It wasn't too many years ago that I used to run a few miles a day to keep in shape, (a Marine thing I guess) but now after two knee replacements and a fractured hip with steel and pins the docs tell me no more running. Bap, prayers for some relief from your pain.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:50 PM   #3960

Dr Tom Petty says you could still go "Runnin' Down A Dream"

Sorry , there;s just so much of that stuck in my head , it always tries to override everything else...........
Old 03-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #3961

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Popeye,
You sure keep me laughing, please don't stop.
Rail,
Glad everything is good with the tests.
Bap,
Sorry about your issues, I wouldn't wait to get to the doc's, something is definitely wrong. A rash is not normal and could be serious if gone untreated.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #3962
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
cwk,

Thanks for the info, Ours are doggies. In the past she has them maybe once a month or every other month. We will get her checked out when we get home. We have been feeding them Iams and dry and she drinks tons of water which make's me think its Diabetic.
Tim,

Just talked with my wife. She remembers that our cat ate a LOT of food, and drank a LOT of water. It was the extremely wet litter box that gave us the clue that a trip to the vet was in order.

We both remember "DM Dietetic Management" dry cat food in bags. Maine Coons will not ever eat wet food, so it had to be dry food. Here is a link to what we remember (the package looks very, very familiar) about the food.
http://www.amazon.com/Purina-Veterin.../dp/B0050JLBA4

As I mentioned previously, the pricing was much better directly from our vet's clinic.

I believe the big difference was that this food was lower in carbohydrates than the regular food he had been eating.

Of course, this is cat food, not dog food. But, I think your analysis that it is a diabetic issue may be correct. A blood sugar level check by a vet should give you the answer you need. But, it might be an idea to check the carb levels on any of the food that you purchase between now and then. It might help. Then, your vet can give you the correct advice when you get home.

Sorry to be long-winded about this, but there is a very special place in our memories for our feline friend. He actually started as a pound kitten selected by our adult son. When our son developed an allergy to cat fur, we "inherited" the "Grand Kitty" and he came to live with us. That was for about a dozen of his 14+ years. I wish I had some better answers for you, but neither of us are vets. I can only relay our experience and hope it helps somehow.

Best of luck!

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote