Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2016, 06:44 AM   #4061

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lynne, Thank you so much for checking in with Bap, we were worried about him. Glad that everything is well over there.
Rail,
That looks sweet.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #4062

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 61
Forecasting upper 80's
Had a Birthday/ Pizza Party yesterday afternoon for a gal next to us at the happy Hour. Man what a hoot great gang of people.

Gordon came over and showed us how too open the awning up. We have never put it up and out. I can finally use a few of my ratchet straps, I new I would need them for something someday. . It really makes for a larger space along with the new heat screen.

Thanks again Gordon.

Still haven't made it too the pool maybe today. I haven't done anything with the projects that I was going to do while down here. Might have the opportunity to get them done while in Oklahoma. I did get to read my Motorhome magazines and a few Boating magazines that I have collected over the past year. I just can't seem to let that hobby go...

Glad to hear about bap.
rail, very nice table and done in teak wow, Nice.
Have a great day,
Those on the road be safe.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #4063

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I just finished the last of my morning coffee, man its good! As usual it’s another beautiful sunny Arizona day. I like these beautiful Arizona days, they’re a wonderful confirmation that I made the right decision embarking on my full-time RV life.

I hope all y’all are doing well and that y’all with health issues are getting them cleared up and hopefully spring is making its warming presence felt.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #4064

Coffee was good this morning and man did I need it!!!

The DW heard a noise on the porch at 1130 last night and went to investigate. Upon her investigation she inadvertently let the cat out....he is an inside only cat. Reason being the fm road we live on is really busy. So from 1130 till 1230 guess what I got to do?....that's right chase the cat in the pasture....haha. well kitty is safe and sound but I am exhausted after working today. Need to go home and go to bed but have Dr appointment soooo I guess it's no rest for the weary...hope this little story made someone laugh I can laugh now but was so mad at that fury little Republican last night it was 2 before I went to sleep and I get up at 515 for work.....

Hope everyone else had a restful night and a great day.
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #4065

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Rainy on and off for this week, then colder 30's for the beginning of next. MK, glad to hear you could chase a kitty half the night Lynne, good to hear Bap is ok, he's had internet problems before. Rail, nice cabinet! Have a Great Night All
Old 03-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #4066

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Guys and Gals, hope everyone is ok! Been busy trying to get done with the shop and getting Sally to the Dr. She is better , they changed her BP meds and the first couple knocked the stuffing out of her, actually made it too low! Sooner or later they will figure out the right one, hope it's sooner! At least her horrible headaches are going away. Finally got the new top on the pickup, has a few wrinkles in it but the upolsterer said the sun should shrink them out with a couple days in the sun. Went to one shop to have the top done and the owner of the shop wouldn't even bother to come out and look at it, his helper told me it was a custom top. Told him no it was factory and I have the new top in the bed and had a lot of other things for them to fix. He walked inside and came out and told me $900 to put my top on it, I just laughed and said I guess they really didn't need the work! Took it to another shop on a whim, and Sally happened to know the owner from when she owned her bar, and one of his mechanics had gone out for a time with one of her daughters! Small world! Well his son James put the top on and upolstered a piece of cracked plastic trim on the header for $200 and wouldn't take a dime more for the xtras. He is now working on getting the new seat materials and he is going to pad and upolster all the plastic panels and put in new carpet, should quiet the truck down alot as Dodge liked using hard plastic interior parts. Sally was pretty indifferent to putting the truck in shape, but now that she sees it coming together she is getting into it! Funny though, as much as she is liking it , she declined to help me sand the clearcoat that was all nasty on the wheels off and polish them! Oh well, at least she smiles looking out the window shaking her head while I do it! Bap , hope your neck is better! MK and everyone hurting , prayers for all! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:14 PM   #4067
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good evening, all.

Very busy last 5 days. Thursday AM: work. Thursday PM: drive to Tampa (3.5 hours)with wife for her work Thurs eve and Fri AM. Friday AM: drive (1 hours) to visit Frank & Rita. Friday PM: drive (2.5 hours) home (NE FL). Sat AM: EPDM and Eternabond arrived on Friday, so removed broken skylight from TT roof, screwed down some 1/2" plywood, covered everything with new EPDM and taped it down. Saturday PM: drove (8 hrs) to NC, arrived at son's house around 11 PM. Sunday AM: spent time with son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter for a few hours. Sunday afternoon: drove (1.5 hours) to Raleigh; attended funeral service for one of my very best friends. Spent a little time with some other friends at the "reception" at the church. Sunday PM: drove (8.5 hrs) home, arrived about 1:00 AM. Today: back to work for both of us. About 1300 miles in the four driving days. Most of it was the NC trip (just under 1000).

So, in case anyone was wondering why you haven't heard from us since our visit with Frank and Rita... There ya go!

Frank & Rita: Thank you again for taking the time to meet with us. We enjoyed your company. We learned a lot from both of you. We did go into information overload a few times during the visit! Bev took lots of notes that we can review later. There is no way we will remember all of the details without the notes. You answered all of our questions, and gave us information about things that we did not even know existed.

Many of the possible concerns that I had about full-timing were addressed. I have spent a lot of time on iRV2 reading, and found a lot of conflicting information/opinions on topics. In reality, every couple is different, has different likes and dislikes, etc., so their choice in RVs, campgrounds, life styles, etc. are going to be different. In other words, if/when we decide to full-time, we will need to find our "own way" and that's ok. It was just reassuring to meet two great people who were willing to share and open their home to us. THANK YOU.

To everyone else, I hope things are going well. Those who need prayers, consider it done from our corner of the world. The funeral did not "shake me up" or "cause any revelations in my life." I believe my wife and I are pretty well grounded. But, I have lost the one friend that, over the last decade, was the one I trusted the most and shared with the most. Now, suddenly, without warning, he is gone. I trust God will take care of him, and me. So, tomorrow is another day and He has given me plenty of work to do. I have customers lined up for the next two months. I won't be bored.

Have a great day, everyone!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:52 AM   #4068

CWK loss is always hard especially some one so close.....been there done that but it's another story for another time..we all have lost loved ones, friend or family, that have meant the world to us but there is a reason we are still here and yes God does watch over his children. Prayers to you to help comfort you in your loss hang tough it doesn't always get better but it does evolve.

Rail the cabinet looks awesome I would love to have a handcrafted one myself if I had more room....too much stuff in my house as it is..

Cwk that is alot of driving been there .....drove from red river nm to huntsville texas in a day over 800 miles in 11 hours....

Terry I just wish the kitty chasing all night was more rewarding *wink* than it was....lol

Be safe everyone enjoy life

Mk
Old 03-15-2016, 06:57 AM   #4069

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Charles,
Rita and I enjoyed your visit and we are glad that we could help you. After you go over your notes and have more questions, don't hesitate to ask, we will be happy to help.
Bobby,
Glad to hear that Sally is OK, Rita and I were worried, and when we didn't see you on line got even more concerned. Just happy that she is OK. Sounds like the Dakota is coming right along, it is going to be a FINE ride when you get it finished.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #4070

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

The sun’s coming up and I’m just starting my third cuppa coffee. What a nice way to salute another beautiful sunny Arizona day.

Tuesday is a hiking day, the same hike I do every Tuesday but today I’m hoping to stretch it another 4-miles. One of my fellow hikers said she wants to accompany me but I don’t know. The lady's an avid hiker who spent 23 years living in Bisbee, the home of the 1,000 stair steps. This lady has thighs and a butt that’d put JLo to shame, and like JLo it ain’t fat, it’s all muscle! Well maybe she can carry me down if I give out.

I gotta start rounding up my gear and get outta here.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:40 AM   #4071

Good morning????...where is everyone??...well getting all checked in to get this last round of chemo done then hopefully back to a semi normal life...

Have a great day all and be safe and enjoy life...

Mk
Old 03-16-2016, 07:59 AM   #4072
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all.

MK, Thanks for the words the other day. This was the second very close friend that I lost within the last year. They were the two that I could talk with about most anything. They both had been my friends for over a decade. Now I am on my own. Well, the wife hears a lot of me. But she needs a break sometimes! Good luck with the chemo. And, keep the kitty inside. We had an indoor cat. He only got out once, but it was daytime. He was so busy "exploring" and sniffing, that I was able to catch him within the first 50 feet around the house. With woods all around that house, I did get quite concerned. I don't want to think about a night-time adventure.

Frank, Thanks again. We are still trying to process everything. The first big decision is how we want to live while we are still working. Retirement could be real soon, but we want to build up some additional funds first. The "great recession" did a number on my business. Had to reinvent it, seems like from scratch. It's doing well now, but the reserves were compromised. So, it may be a few more years before we can quit our "day jobs."

Steve, Keep up the good work hiking.

Tim, Glad you are enjoying the new neighborhood.

Rail, Good that the hand is healing well.

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:06 AM   #4073

I started my day with blueberry pie!
It's my birthday so why not?
I wasn't going to do anything at all , all day .
But decided to do my favorite thing!
(Well , second favorite.)
Drive ..........................................
With no particular place to go
Old 03-16-2016, 08:14 AM   #4074

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
I started my day with blueberry pie!
It's my birthday so why not?
I wasn't going to do anything at all , all day .
But decided to do my favorite thing!
(Well , second favorite.)
Drive ..........................................
With no particular place to go

Why not! I have an one every month so can start my day with a cake

Happy B-Day

« Total Rebuild | - »