Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:27 AM   #4075

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, MK, good luck on the last chemo treatment . Popeye, Happy Birthday .

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2016, 09:34 AM   #4076

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
I started my day with blueberry pie!
It's my birthday so why not?
I wasn't going to do anything at all , all day .
But decided to do my favorite thing!
(Well , second favorite.)
Drive ..........................................
With no particular place to go
Happy Birthday Popeye;

Great way to start a birthday or any day. Pie Hmmmmm . . . with ice cream I hope!

Anyway - have a great day and many more to come.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #4077

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

Iím on my third cuppa coffee and looking forwards to another cool sunny beautiful Arizona day. Popeye, youíre upsetting my inner glutton! Itís not even 8am and now Iím longing for blueberry pie. Happy birthday!

I have business in Tucson today, as much as I love Sierra Vista itíll be nice to get out of town for a while.

I went on my weekly hike yesterday and decided not to add the extra R/T 4 miles to reach the trails end. I must be getting lazy. However, I am thinking of it for tomorrow, only Iíll leave an hour earlier while itís still very cool and Iíll pack a few sandwiches to eat when I get to the trails end.

I found a new author Iíve been enjoying. Craig Johnson has an ongoing storyline about the trials and tribulations of small town Wyoming sheriff Walt Longmire (thereís also a TV series based on the character). I like Craigís writing style and heís published about a dozen books in the series so I have a ways to go to finish them. Itís interesting, everywhere Iíve lived but in Texas (my domicile state) I can walk in and get a free library card. In Texas, where Iím domiciled, I have to pay $10/3-months for my library card. I guess I could move to Polk County TX and qualify for a free card but itís easier to just pay the $10 when Iím in Texas and living outside of Polk County.

When I return from Tucson Iím going to begin maintenance and repairs to my RV. I have a bunch of small inexpensive repairs to do.

Iím glad to hear folks are getting their health issues resolved and that itís starting to warm up in the Great White North. When it gets hot this coming summer just remember the past winter and how much you wished itíd warm up. We humans are never satisfied are we?

Steve
Old 03-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #4078

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
currently 68
forecasting into the 90ties,

Coffee is great, going down well

Happy Birthday Popeye Blueberry pie yum.

Slept 7 hours last night,
Steve have fun in Tucson.

Did some shopping yesterday and bought a nice salmon filet, they were on sale. Bought a printer/fax machine for the MH.
Looked at tires for the toad @ Sams $500.00 the last set I bought was $800.00. got over 100,000 miles on them. Goodyear Assurances Great Tires,(at least the set we bought). Now if the caddie lasts another 100,000 I'll be happy. We are at 205,000 miles, 5,000 miles as the toad.

Good Luck mk hoping this is it. Prayers are said for you,

Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:20 AM   #4079

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. MK: good news on the chemo.

Three tent campers last night. Left the campground for some service work on DS 's truck. Also bought my fishing license. 82 yesterday, sliding down to 30's for lows this weekend. I think that might stir up some fish.

Good coffee this morning. I hope all are well.

Mike
Old 03-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #4080

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Happy Birthday Popeye, hope you enjoyed your day, nice start with the blueberry pie, mmmmmm.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #4081

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

Happy Birthday Popeye! Love pie anytime but especially on a birthday!

53 right now and blowing like crazy. Cold is coming back in. Darn It!!!! Met with the Mobile RV guy today. He is certified and worked for a dealership for 15 years. He is going to check out a few things, get us a price, and then see from there. He said he is glad we didn't wait until summer because he can barely breath in the summer.

MK, health to you and healing. It's hard to get through but you have made it.

Lost my best friend of 41 years 6 years ago. Miss her something awful at times. We called ourselves "Sisters of the Heart" because we always knew when the one needed the other. Her son is the one who lost his wife recently. It's hard, they leave a big hole in your heart.

Saw a picture of a MH at a Louisiana CG that was under water almost to the roof. Their toad was completely under. What a mess. Don't know if the water came in over night but apparently they couldn't get either vehicle out.

You all keep safe. Sure look forward to camping this summer. Probably going to be a few longer trips and then numerous weekend trips. Have a great day and give someone a hug. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:45 PM   #4082

Popeye I am jealous. ...BLUEBERRY PIE!!!...everyone loves pie.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNGSTER!!!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #4083
cwk

Popeye! Happy Birthday.

We're not counting. We're just celebrating!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:14 PM   #4084

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is tasting good this morning!
Popeye, Happy Birthday! And blueberry pie is one of my favorites, as are all the other flavors too!
MK, hope everything goes well with you, and your last session is truly your last! You got this!
Steve, the TTT truck stop has some very good tortilla soup, and I highly recommend it!
I got my visa sorted out yesterday, and got my re-entry visa, and looks like we will be flying back the second week of April for one month or so! When we book the flight I will let everyone know the exact dates! I take the Everest in for the first service and check up today.
Charles, was that you that was chasing the cat through the pasture at night? And where the heck is the video? I got a good laugh thinking about that!
Well better get a cup for the road, good thing the Ford dealer is just down the road! Not 5 min's away!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 03-17-2016, 06:09 AM   #4085
cwk

Rail,

Nope! Not me chasing a cat at night. Mine got out of the house years ago for a few minutes in day light. That was MK.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #4086

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, another beautiful golf day coming up.
MK,
I missed your post on the last chemo, prayers are with you my friend.
Rail,
Glad that you got your visa all straightened out. Looking forward to meeting and watching you drool over your coach, lol.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:28 AM   #4087

An epiphany!

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

I love my morning coffee! Today is farmerís market day at the local park, about 3 blocks away, time to restock my local honey supply. Iím not much of a ďNew ageĒ kind of guy so I donít often give much credence to so called natural remedies. However, after hearing claims from friends and doing some research, I gave honey a try as a treatment for my chronic pollen allergies. Iíve been putting locally gathered unfiltered honey on my morning cereal for about 4 years now and damned if I havenít cut my need for antihistamine medication by about 95%. And, it tastes really good on my cereal!

I have a lady friend Iíve known for over 40 years who I communicate with via email. Sheís an English professor now but keeps harking back to her college days in the late 60ís and early 70ís. She wants to purchase a late 60ís vintage VW Bus. I owned one (along with VW Beatle) back in the mid-70ís and, based on hard-learned experience, I have a very low opinion of both machines. Iíve told her over and over again what under-powered and unreliable POS they are and why, but she still wants one. This morning I had an epiphany, based on my same VW Bus criteria and experience, my RV, with its ponderous weight, underpowered 460 Ford V8, 4-speed transmission, and 5.13 rear axle, is nothing more than an oversized version of the VW Bus, and prone to the same types of disastrous failures if over-stressed. Yes, if you baby them you can get +100K from the drive train, but unlike your family car you have to be patient, smart, and work for it. I guess it's time for me to stop preaching to her.

I finally ordered the parts I needed for my muzzle loading shotgun. If all yíall wintering down here in Arizona hear some thunderous KABOOMís echoing off the atmosphere it wonít be jets breaking the sound barrier, itíll be me shooting my new thunderstick!

I had a good visit to Tucson yesterday, and even visited a futon dealer while I was there. Iím thinking of remodeling my RV's interior and have always liked sleeping on futonís. With that said it was nice to get back to the slow lane in Sierra Vista.

I love to hear good news and Iím glad to hear everyoneís doing well.

Steve
Old 03-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #4088

Thanks everyone ! No , I didn't finish the pie today , it was one of those tiny ones that come in a little box.

MK when you get back from that last one , it's the first day of the rest of your long life a birthday of sorts. GOT PIE ?