Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #4117

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Steve, You gotta love spell checker , plus I didn't recheck that checker, Wait.....got lost in the checkers, anyway Everyone have a Great Day
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 12:14 PM   #4118

Winnebago Owners Club
Well you got your spell checkers, you got your auto checkers, you got your price checkers, you got your auto correct, you got your auto transmission.

I mean what I said even if the spelling is not quite correct!
Old 03-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #4119

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

Did something today I very seldom do. I had a 2nd cup of coffee. Just as good as the first.

It was 24 in MI last night and 40 right now. Sun is shining and it is always better when it is out. Went to the range with a couple friends today and shot off a few rounds. One gal had never shot before and I am pretty sure she is hooked.

Gordon. I saw that picture on FB too and I agree totally, I want summer! Bap, I had a good conversation with your daughter. I have often heard people say that disabled is as much a state of mind as a missing (something). I have seen some people that were considered disabled do some pretty ordinary stuff because they wanted to and kept trying until they got it. At w--k I have walked people who are blind and had only one leg on a treadmill. We give them the option and if they are comfortable with it we do it.

Rail, I bet the countdown is going until you get your hands on Mona and she will be happy of a good owner. I am excited for you and your family. It has been nice (mostly) in MI so I think the Spring is going to be early and should make things a lot nicer for your visit.

Popeye, How are you fairing now that it has warmed up a bit? How is your Mom.

Frank and Rita, How did the bulbs hold up being outside? I have wondered a couple times if the paint has been ok.

Terry, My Dad had a old manual typewriter. He bought an electric one and said it didn't spell better than the other one. Always makes me smile when I think about that. Sometimes the fingers get moving faster (or slower) than the mind and I figure if you can figure it out what the heck.

You all have a good week, looks to be a pretty good one here at least. Really, anything over 30 is fine with me this time of year. Best Wishes and health to all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #4120

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Charles,
Glad that you and Bev are feeling better.
Bap,
Glad to hear from you.
Lynne,
The bulbs held up excellent, I think we had to change 2 of the old ones, but none of the ones that you did. The paint held up real good with no chips or fading. Thanks again for your good work on them.
Gordon,
You are just toooo funny.

Going to the airport in the morning to pick up Rita's grandaughter and her friend, they are going to be here till Friday evening, so my week is going to be HECTIC to say the least, so if I miss a day or two, don't be concerned.
Have a great evening,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:03 AM   #4121

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Well, the date is set, we booked our flight to the US, will arrive in Chicago O'Hare on the 15th of April, then fly on down to Tampa, and get to see "Mona" and Dave, and Frank and Rita! WooHoo!!
To all that have wished me the best when I get to see "Mona" for the first time, Thanks! It was a long process of looking for sure, and for Terry and Frank, and Lloyd and Jay, helping me with the onsite looking, was for sure a really big help! I could not have found the right one without your help! It does prove one thing to me that we all have grown as family on here for sure! And I look forward to meeting all of you in our travels!
Tim, got to let you beat me every once and a while! I have a unfair advantage! Being 12/13 hours ahead every day is the only way I could do it!!
Lynne, I also have had typewriters and now laptop's that can't spell!!
Hopefully we can meet up too, will have to see how our trip goes?
Bap, glad you are back up and running with the restorations and you know, "We Love Pic's" Hehehehe!
Everyone have a great Day! 26 days and counting! Rail!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:50 AM   #4122
bap

goodmorning folks,,

well company left back for michigan last night should get back to normal now..lol

here are a couple pix of the last build she is all but done..-i thought i had better pix of before but i didnt even get one of the awfull interior before debbie got ahold of it...

everyone have a blessed day,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JackieKay 028.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	121916   Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNSHINE PIX FOR CRAIGSLIST 001.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	121920  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNSHINE PIX FOR CRAIGSLIST 010.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	121921   Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNSHINE PIX FOR CRAIGSLIST 018.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	121922  

Old 03-21-2016, 05:59 AM   #4123

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Great job on the TT Bap and Deb. You guys do great work.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:14 AM   #4124
bap

thanks terry,, coming from you that is one heck of a compliment. ..we sure do love building them though,,,--this is the youngest tt we have done an 82,,if we hadnt torn it all down and rebuilt it it wouldnt have lasted a couple more years but we gave it a few more healthy years..lol
thanks again my friend!!!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:17 AM   #4125
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all.

What happened? It's only 42F here! It's been much warmer for the past week and I got spoiled. Hey! This is Florida!!! I really should not complain. You guys way up north are below the freezing mark. In fact, a current temperature map of the US this morning shows just about everything in Blue!

Rail, Glad you have plans in place. Can't wait to hear your reactions when you meet and start driving your new rig.

Frank, Enjoy your visitors.

Lynne, Sometimes it seems amazing what folks can do when they want to do it.

Tim, How is your 4-legged friend?

Enjoy your day, folks!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #4126

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 62 and another 90+ degree day ahead...
Coffee is supercalafragllitisc (sorry no spell check)
Rail,
Glad the plans have been made will you be back for good?. Don't forget us up in Minnesota we would love to meetcha and Mona and the wife. June and July are great months weather-wise, for a visit.
Gordon,
My snake is still sitting on the dash of the toad, probably won't work there A?
Missed ya and Janet for Happy Hour Yesterday
cwk,
Both of the girls are okay Joe stepped on Rubies toes the other day and she is still favoring it. Lily got her hair cut and she is like 1/2 her size. She was well over do for a cut and I think she is happier. Glad we got her done with the hot weather we are having(:thumb).
Wow 6:15 and its light out... A sure sign spring is here.
Mike,
the first long trip made with the MH we had both of them blocked and had to have a tow. Got them replaced the next morning where we were towed to and cost us $125.00. Now we know where they are we can do it ourselves too. Good luck doing yours and no skinned knuckles...
Frank,
It still might be do-able. Not sure what the plans are for the Fourth. Sounds like it would be fun. I hope we don't end up at another place like the first, it was a real learning experience and one I hope not to encounter again.
Steve,
I like hot weather but the humidity is one thing I can't handle.

The printer we bought is a dud so back to the store today, hopefully the next one will work... I wonder if that is why they were on sale...
LOL
That's about it from my keyboard,
Those on the road be safe.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:27 AM   #4127

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning all;
Another pleasant day in Yuma. Going to be warm today and not quite so warm tomorrow (94 - 81). Golf tomorrow so 81 will be nice. Still walk so cooler will be great.

We are starting to think about heading home. Don't want to - head home or think about it but the time is coming. Have to do taxes and will be preparing to put in a garden, clean up the yard, etc.

It will only take an hour or two on the road and then we will get excited about returning to the S&B. It seems like we are always reluctant to leave either the north or the south but shortly after we leave the anticipation of getting to where we are heading over rides the reluctance to leave. Both Janet and I have remarked about the phenomenon. I guess we consider both places home. And we have "family" at either end that we like to see and be with.

The snakes in our trees seem to be working. Went up the other day and found only two small bird "schwartz" on the roof. John next door bought some snakes and put one on the tv antenna. Unfortunately the doves ignore it and we have see two sitting right beside the snake on the antenna. Although there do not seem to be as many birds in the trees above his trailer as there used to be.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #4128

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning. Espresso is great this morning. Only plans for today is continue learning the Django Web framework for a project I'm working on.

Bap: I love how you used yellow throughput that rebuild it's not normally a color I particularly like but it really works well with that trailer and I would be proud to have something like that.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:31 PM   #4129

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi everyone, haven't been on much as we have been trying to selloff and MT the shop! Our backyard looks like one of those "Hoarding" shows on TV, trying to sort through it all and will have a big garage sale in a month or so. Need to get rid of some of this junk! Sally is feeling a little better , took her for blood tests this morning. We'll see how it goes. Just want to be done with the shop and relax. I want so bad to get the pickup done the way we want it , but it is surely presentable as is, so I will concentrate on getting the towbar setup, and figureing how to disconnect the driveshaft to tow it , without having it drag on the ground, LOL! We will be going upstate and want to hook up with Terry and Eleanor and Rail and his Missus! As Rail said it should be a Hoot with 3 old Truckers! I would drag the pickup to post pics of my progress, but am embarrassed about the way the yard looks! Will do it this week when I get some crap stowed. Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:37 PM   #4130

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Flight was about 20 minutes early this morning, but not to worry, we were already there. Granddaughter's girl friend had a panic attack at the airport before boarding, so she didn't make the flight. Granddaughter had a good flight and is here safe and saound.

Bap,
You and Deb did a superb job on that little camper, anyone would be proud to take it out and use it.

Charles,
We enjoyed your visit also. Taking a breather and continuing your look for what you want is a smart move. Glad that you both are feeling better.

Tim,
I really hope that you can make it to Jay's. With Terry and Eleanor and Rita and I there and maybe Gordon and Janet, I can guarantee that you will have a good time and won't be as bad as your stay at the other campsite.

Gordon,
Rita and I only get excited about leaving when we are heading to a new adventure, glad that we don't have a S&B anymore to tie us down. But I do understand about you and Janet getting excited to head back home, and am happy that you can still be excited about traveling in between.

Bobby,
Our prayers are with Sally. Hope that you can get all your stuff sorted and sold before too long. Have you considered pulling the Dakota with a car trailer? I did that with my Southwind class A, and didn't have to worry about a tow bar, braking system , rigging up tail lights, etc. It was also easy to load and tie down. The only downside is on shorter sites you had to find a place to store the trailer.

Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »