Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:48 AM   #4131

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Bap, that TT turned out great! Wow, Debbie can decorate!
Tim and Gordon, I am a little jealous of you guys getting to winter in Yuma, it is one of my favorite's as I lived for 4 years just across the border! The laptop I am typing on was bought at the Best Buy there, when mine crashed at the house in Algodones! Tim, I am just visiting for one month this trip, but Jira will be early retiring this year, (end of May, hoping) so we will be able to do more traveling! We have a trip to Phuket/Krabi, Thailand for the end of May. Then hoping to get back for Jays party around the 4th, but not set in stone yet! It is a 24 hour flight, and is very hard on me, the older I get it seems!!
Bobby, sounds like fun to me, and hoping Terry get's the Tot'r ready to go by then, I know the TH'r is ready!
Frank, it will be so good to meet you and Rita, and looking forward to it!
This is going to be a fun trip for sure, getting to meet all of our new/old friends!!
Charles, I will have to have Frank do a video, when I am taking it all in!!
wschaub, expresso, wow! I never could take the strong stuff!
Everyone have a great day! 25 day's! Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 08:14 AM   #4132

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 60ish and windy very windy 20mph with gusts,
Had the awning out and the flags, man what a night, dust blowing too.
I am glad I was told about using straps for the awnings, I used heavy duty rubber bungees also. Another lesson learned thanks to irv2 clan. That dang new flag pole will not stay up. I think I got a bad one. No matter how tight I twist it it still falls down. Maybe it can't handle the 3 flags.
Took the printer back yesterday and bought a upgrade to a HP. Works great. I'm glad we got one for the MH, several times I wanted to print something and couldn't.
Rail, that is a long flight, I thought a 6 hour flight was bad but 25 hours I'm not sure I could sit that long.

The 4th of July is on a Monday this year. If we don't get a invite to my brothers we will head for Oklahoma. How's the fireworks there?
Well that's about it for me.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:39 AM   #4133

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

A particularly beautiful sunrise this morning and my coffee is the best!

I like the TT Jeff, beautiful creative use of colors that go together extremely well.

Tim, if you don’t like humidity with your heat don’t ever winter over in Houston. I don’t call it the armpit of Texas (among worse names) without a reason! As for summer in Houston, forgetaboutit!

Three truckers together, in one location that’s not a truck stop! I don’t know about this, are the authorities aware of your plans or is this meetup taking place under the radar?

I finally fired my old black powder thunderstick yesterday. I’m happy to say that I still have all my fingers and eyesight! However, the event wasn’t without its moment. The old double barreled muzzle loader has two triggers, after firing first the left barrel and then the right barrel I decided to fire it again starting with the right barrel first… Upon pulling the trigger the resulting KABOOM!!! was deafening. The old gun had doubled, meaning that the recoil from firing the first barrel released the trigger on the second barrel causing both barrels to discharge at virtually the same time, YEEEHAAA!!! Very exciting! No harm done though, all I have to do now is take the action apart, adjust the trigger mechanisms and the old smoke pole will be fine for next hunting season.

Time to get ready for my Tuesday morning hike.

Steve
Old 03-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #4134

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

No coffee this AM, had a EGD. Have been having problems swallowing since they fused my neck. They had to move the esophagus over and it didn't like it, Had to have it stretched open because it kept tightening. Feels much better. Last few months felt like I had something caught I could not swallow down. Wasn't comfortable so got it fixed.

Bap, Your Debbie is absolutely wonderful at design! That TT is beautiful! I sure hope some day when I retire we can come through there and see some of your work and meet you two. You need to start a thread called "Like New TT Remodels" or something. Post the before and after photos. Then each time you two redo a TT we can have a place to send people to look and look ourselves. Bet it would well viewed.

Rail, the countdown is on! I am excited for you. I remember my countdown and I really had to restrain myself until the day came. You just can't quite believe it until you see her and get your hands on her.

Tim, Jay said he has a huge Fourth of July Fireworks display that he puts on. Said you won't see better an I think if you guys show up it will be even better. Wish I could go, but probably 2 more years yet.

Steve, I would have loved to see you fire the old Thunderstick. Sounds like fun but then I love shooting guns anyway.

Renew my BLS tomorrow so talk with you all later. Have a great night, a beautiful day tomorrow, and time to work on your rigs, your hugs, and your peace. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #4135

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Had a wonderful day today. went to the Manatee state wildlife park and showed granddaughter around, she had a good time. Then took Rita to the doc's to get her 3rd gel shot in her knee, Jade went in with her to watch(she wants to be an orthopedic doc). Had cooks night out at a good Italian restaurant, had 31 people there, and a cake for one of the girls 62nd birthday.

Rail,
I'm looking forward to meeting you, if I read it right, you should be here on the 16th?

Lynne,
Sorry that you are having problems, but glad that you got them fixed and that you are feeling better.

Tim,
Hope that you can make it, I'm sure we will have a good time.

Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:24 AM   #4136

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Frank, we will arrive in Tampa at 7:29 PM on the 15th of April! And after that long flight, we will most likely go to a motel, and rest up! I am anxious to get to see "Mona" but think that the next morning will be the best time to do so! I want to spend some time with Dave, and go over Mona, and change the fuel filters, and check them for algae, and check out all the systems, and make sure she is ready for the road! I will call you, and set up a time for us to get together and meet up. If you want to come over to Dave's son's house, where Mona is, you can do that too! I don't know what your time frame is either so we will work it all out! Hope Rita's knee is better, and the shot worked as it should!
Lynne, glad you got your throat fixed up! And yes, the days are dragging!
Steve, how's the bruise on your shoulder doing? I did that once with a 20 ga. S/S full ck. and it left a bruise, for sure! And the 3 old trucker's swapping stories??? Should be a hoot! I will be glad to meet Terry and Bobby for sure, and check out the TH and the Tot'r too!! That will be a fun time!
Have not heard from Lloyd for awhile, last was some talk of retiring, then nothing for awhile? Maybe he is out camping?
Tim, beat-cha!!!! Hehehehehehe! I have a unfair advantage!
Everyone have a great day! 24 days! Rail!
Old 03-23-2016, 05:52 AM   #4137

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Rail, that's a looong flight, being cooped up that long is not pleasant. Frank, glad your having good visit with your granddaughter, hope Rita's knee is better. Lynne, sounds like you got relief with your throat, just in time for camping season . Steve, when old truckers get together its always a hoot . Well gotta get the day started, Have a Great Day All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:59 AM   #4138

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Enjoyed my coffee this am and the throat is so much better, just a bit tender is all.

It was around 50 yesterday and going down today around 39 or lower. Have to drive 45 miles to a class tonight at 5pm until 9 and hope it doesn't start until I get home with the rain snow mix they are predicting. I'll get through either way.

Winter is almost done though and sure looking forward to it. Planning several camping trips close and farther away. Will get the dolly delivered around middle of May so we can tow the Prius. Been thinking about trading it in for a newer one but this one is paid off and struggle with getting into payments again especially since nothing is wrong with it. Might just keep this one until she has 500,000 miles on her. Why do we call vehicles female?

Prayers to Brussel and all hurt or lost. Sue hope to see peace in my lifetime. Lynne

Have a great one.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #4139

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

As usual it’s a beautiful morning. This Arizona winter weather sure spoils a person! My coffee’s good this morning. My Braun coffee maker gave out yesterday and I’m now using a 1970’s vintage Mr. Coffee. I’d forgotten what good coffee those old brewers made!

In a little while I’m driving my Dodge Caravan off into the Huachuca Mountains for a few days of actual camping. I’m going to camp at the two campgrounds I hiked to last Friday. The one campground has a trail that takes you to the top of 9,236’ Carr Peak (starting from 7,400’) the second campground is on the site of an old ghost town abandoned in the 1950’s when the mine played out. All in all it should be an interesting few days.

Rail, on that 24 hour flight make sure you get up and walk around occasionally so you don’t develop any blood clots. I’m 6’5” and I swear that airplane seating is designed by vengeful sociopathic midgets! I used to enjoy flying, now it’s the last way that I want to travel and I do whatever I can to avoid it.

I’m glad all y’all seem to be doing well with health issues and that winter’s releasing its grip on The Great White North.

Steve

PS overall humans are an extremely aggressive species, which is probably why we didn't go extinct thousands of years ago. However, that aggressiveness makes the likelihood of world peace very remote!
Old 03-23-2016, 07:32 PM   #4140

Boy I'm getting bummed out here, lol! Everytime I put my 2 cents in on what a new poster wants to do , they don't come back? Going to keep my opinions to myself! Bobby
Old 03-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #4141

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Boy I'm getting bummed out here, lol! Everytime I put my 2 cents in on what a new poster wants to do , they don't come back? Going to keep my opinions to myself! Bobby

Missed something here? What are you talking about?

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:38 AM   #4142

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!!
Bobby, it is not just you, a lot of people on here don't come back and tell if the advise they got helped or not! Just the way some people are! Don't let it get you down! If it happens to me, I just think, it will come around and bite them when they have a bad problem and no one answers them the next time!
Steve, I am up many times, and we have a break in between at Narita airport, in Tokyo, and then one at O'Hare, so it will be broken up, but still it is a long flight! When you spend 26 hours in a tin can, cramped up, it is not pleasant! And I am 6'3" so the seats are cramped, for sure! I just look at the goal, and smile!! We are flying with ANA Airlines this trip, so we will see how nice it is? Supposed to be a 5 star airline?
I see that the west is getting a blizzard today! Wow! Glad I am not out there! Hope everyone that is out there is safe and warm! I used to keep my truck stocked up and full of fuel in the winter, and could sit for days, weeks if I had to! It was self contained, just like a MH! It had a 10k diesel generator, and 300 gallon's of fuel, so could go a long time! I never sat more than 2 or 3 days thou, even in the worst conditions!
Everyone have a great day! 23 Days! Rail!
Old 03-24-2016, 04:28 AM   #4143

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Thanks all for the thoughts about Rita's knee, shee had her 3rd shot Tuesday of a series of 5 shots and they seem to be working. It is her granddaughter that came down and yes we are having a wonderful time. Going snorkeling with the manatees this morning, another first for me.
Rail,
We workkamp on the 16th, so wouldn't be able to come over till the middle of the afternoon, and I know that you wouldn't want to wait that long to check out Mona. But call me when you get here and we can work something out.

Bobby,
Don't be discouraged, just keep adding your 2cents because there is always somebody out there that will use your advise, and be grateful about it.

Well time to go, have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #4144

Winnebago Owners Club
I read this thread every morning actually one of the first things I do when I get to my office there is just a lot of information and you guys are quite humorous at times

I just need to get in the habit of posting after reading....

Getting ready to leave the office for the weekend. I work a 4 - 10 schedule well most of time we do this will be the first three day weekend in about month and half now. Need to take the wifes Subaru into the dealership tomorrow for a problem with the leather on the drivers seat. The leather shouldn't be fading along the bolster just after 8 or so months then having lunch with a good friend.

I need to start tackling the RV.... I'm no mechanic so everything we have done will need to be done by a shop. I know my belts and front brakes need replacing but that's it for now. I want to take it in to have a shop to some in depth poking around to see how strong the 454 and the transmisson is. I spoke to Terry and he had some good suggestions as I knew he would. I have no reason to think there is something wrong but before I take the wife and son on some weekend trips I want that feeling that I can't take this RV anywhere. Then after the mechanical stuff is taken care of I want to start to tackle my interior remodel

Next month my son(11yrs old) and I are volunteering at the Oregon Trail Rally and would be great to take the RV down thats why I bought it besides for the Seahawk games. Oregon Trail Rally - April 22nd-24th 2016

Plus we have some family friends and the wifes are planning mini adventures for the two or more families to do during the summer. You know go to the those places that you just take for granted because you live where you live. There are so many things that we haven't done or if we have it was 30yrs ago. I like it because it brings the families together and we aren't home being lazy. So this weekend we are going to the Tulip Festival in the Skagit Valley and Deception Pass. Some of these mini adventures are just day trips others will be over nighters. In june we are going to the Mt St. Helens the south side everyone goes to the north side because it's closer we have never been to the south side before. And some of these adventures I want to take the RV so again use it besides just for the Seahawk games.

www.tulipfestival.org

Deception Pass State Park | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission

Anyway enough from me and sorry for the long post.