Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:14 PM   #4159

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Bobby, Google driveshaft disconnect, they make a way to just pull a cable and disconnect your driveshaft for towing.

I was just fixin to post that about the driveshaft disconnect. Course dropping the driveshaft works too. Bobby, thanks for the response about posting and not getting a response. I did not understand where you were coming from. Whether the poser responds or not, others will be able to use the info on here where it applies. I have read so much here that has helped me in many ways. I get answers to questions I did not even know I had.

Lloyd, so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. My dad passed 8 years ago. And today as I was leaving after a visit to my motor home, I got to hug and tell my 96 year old mother that I loved her and would see her next week. You will get to see you dad again too.

Hope y'all are all well, warm, or getting there. It was 80 here yesterday, 65 today. Looks like spring has sprung here.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #4160

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Thanx Steve, I don't mind not getting a reply, I just worry if I discouraged anyone from going on with a project! Bobby
Bobby, I've had projects I only wish someone had discouraged me out of pursuing. A 28' 1959 Chris-Craft Roamer that I eventually nicknamed "The Anti-Christ" comes to mind! Some times a dose of reality is for the best.

Steve

Old 03-24-2016, 10:46 PM   #4161

Winnebago Owners Club
Bobby - I reply or post to a thread without expecting a response. I think it is only fair as some of the threads get a lot of input. If I want personal communication or a reply I will send them a PM.

I am sure most will enjoy your thoughts or input, just not all will acknowledge them.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:48 PM   #4162

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lloyd, so sorry for your loss, as I know you and your dad were close! Give your mom all the support you can, and a lot of hugs!
Old 03-25-2016, 04:54 AM   #4163

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Bobby, I read your post and it was good advice. I did a couple of body off restos when I was younger but not a MH. I had a 1947 sedan delivery truck I mounted on a 1976 4x4 chassis. drove it everyday for 10 years. I do more lurking then posting keeps me entertained when insomnia strikes like it has at 3am this morning.

Time for some Hot coco. Have a good day Y'all.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #4164

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 60
Highs in the 80ties
Lloyd, sorry to hear that your father passed, So sad, hang in there, need anything PM me. Give mom a hug, she will need it.

We went up to Lake Havasu to see the doc one more time before heading home. Around 325 miles RT, got almost back to the park and ran out of gas, Stopped at a exit in a safe spot, called Good Sams and found out we didn't have them anymore. I will check records, I'm sure we paid the bill.
No help.
I hear police sirens and sure enough here comes a squad car right up behind me sirens blaring. He tells us he has to get us out of there and will push us across the intersection, it is uphill a bit and Joe and him push us into the intersection and can't push us anymore so now we are in the middle of the intersection and our light turns red. Great now we are not in a safe spot. Thanks officer. 2 motorists stop to help them push us thru and onto the side of the road. He then leaves us, no offers to take us to a gas station to get a gas can or anything. One of the guys that stopped to help push us offered to take Joe to a station to get a gas can and gas. The first place wants 28 bucks for a gas can. I asked him to go somewhere else to borrow a can, no go, So the guy takes Joe to his house to get his gas can back to a station to get gas in the can and then brought him back to the car. In the mean time a women stopped to offer help and a Motorhomeist stopped and another military guy stopped to offer help. Wow nice people in AZ.
Joe gets back with gas can and they put it into the tank, I go to start the car Dead Battery What else...
After 1/2 hour of trying to jump start the car he says there is a Walmart across the HWY and he will take Joe over to get a new battery, I asked, let me try it one more time and sure enough it started. Whew.
I didn't take into the mix that the guys put only 30 Lbs of air in the new tires instead of 36 and we bucked a head wind up to Lake Havasu.
Boy what a day.
Back home 12 inches of the white stuff...
Thanks to the folks in Az for the offers of help,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:00 AM   #4165

Terry ,I looked into the Driveshaft disconnect, I can buy alot of ujoint straps and loctite for $1200-1400, lol! Also talking to my friend who has a tranny shop for like ever, to see what his thoughts are on a lube pump for the transmission. Of course if I wanted to raise Sally's blood pressure, I could switch trannies with the other Dakota convertible we bought for me, boy that might not be a good idea! She doesn't mind driving a stick, but I know she doesn't want it in her truck! Have a Great Day Everyone! Bobby
Old 03-25-2016, 08:08 AM   #4166
bap

Lloyd,,,,sooo very sorry to hear of your dad passing ,,you and your mom are in my prayers ..if you need anything at all pm me --i understand how that feels..

your friend,,jeff
Old 03-25-2016, 08:12 AM   #4167

Goooodmorning all yíall!!!

My coffeeís great as usual and the sunís just now dawning on another beautiful Arizona day!

Lloyd Iím sorry to hear about your dad passing, but itís good that youíre there to give your mother support during what Iím sure is a traumatic time in her life.

Tim, it sounds like you need a new fuel gauge! Over the years Iíve driven many old cars, some of which were real beaters! Iíve had so many people pull over to help that Iíve lost count. However, because of all those good people whenever I see a fellow motorist in trouble I stop to help.

Steve
Old 03-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #4168

Winnebago Owners Club
Starting to wind down. Put one motorcycle in the stacker yesterday, mine goes in this morning.

Dove season cannot come too soon. Dove poop all over the place. So far the snakes on the roof seem to be working. Only a couple spots on the roof. Unfortunately they are sitting by the neighbors trailer and pooping on it. He put up a snake yesterday. BIG SNAKE. Will see if it works. Washed the patio piles and will see if there any new deposits!

Have to remember to tell the guys who will be washing the coach next Tuesday that there are rubber snakes in the trees above the coach. Would not do to have people poop replace the dove stuff!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:44 PM   #4169

Lloyd
Sorry about dad , the tribe seems to be unanimous , we're all here for you or anyone else that needs support during bad times .
(I never had any brothers or sisters but feel like I got a bunch now!)
If mom is feelin' down , get her on here and we'll do what we can to cheer her up.

"And that's how we all became the Harley bunch !"
Bet you all know the tune that goes with that !

Gordon
That last line was too funny.....skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

Tim
I've been in vehicletrouble in some pretty unlikely spots and more often than not there was somebody that went out of their way to save the day for me ! I'm a big believer in karma and paying it forward..

Wow , I miss a couple of days and it takes so long to catch up here that I can't remember half of the posts I just finished reading !
So , in response to those ,,,,,yes , no , maybe , I like it and give 'er the gas , oooooie!
Old 03-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #4170

Good morning!

Thanks for all the notes all. We are working our way through this. We had planned a few weeks ago to take Mom and Dad camping a few weeks ago before all this happened. So Mom decided lets go, we are here near Mt Airy N.C. camping enjoying some down time.

My daughter and her family are here with us, they have a 5th wheeler.

Thanks again all!!!!

Wow, a frame off resto of a motorhome would be a monumental project. Never thought about that.

Have you all seen the new retro Winnebago motorhomes? I have not seen one in person, just pictures but they look pretty cool.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #4171

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Goooooooooooooood Morning

Hey guys. Been a while. Just been so busy I just have not had the time to post.

Miss you guys. Looks like we may have found a coach. Headed to see it next week. 04 Essex. Pretty sweet coach.

See ya soon
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #4172

Winnebago Owners Club
Good to see you back and hear all is well. Hope the coach is all that it is advertised and is the one for you.