Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:30 AM   #4173
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Well, Rita's granddaughter made it home safe and sound last night, a little over 2 hours later than scheduled, weather played havoc with the flights, then there was something wrong with the air filter on the plane, but she made it anyways so all is good.
Glad that you are with your mom and that she is doing ok. We had one of those retro Winnebago's in the park last week, they do look as good as the pics.
Glad to hear from you, we were worried that the pressure might have got to you, either that or Patty did, lol. Are you still planning on being in Woodward for the 4th of July? Terry and I and maybe a few others are planning the trip.

03 Silverado cclb 3500 drw, D/A, Reese 22k hitch
07 Alfa SeeYa Gold 30RL,2 slides,power everything
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2016, 03:20 PM   #4174
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

Lloyd, So sorry to hear about the loss of your Father. Mine died 31 yrs ago and I miss him still. Mom died 6 yrs ago around Christmas time and it was a long hard death. The problem is your parents have been there every day of your life and all of a sudden they aren't It feels like something very important has been ripped away because it has.

I still will think at times "I need to call Dad and tell him" and then I remember and I tell him anyway. I know he hears me from Heaven. Same with Mom and my sister and brother who also died. It is part of life but we don't have to like. I pray you and your Mom find your peace.

Jay, Did you get my E-mail at Liberty Farms? Glad to see you back. Wish I could make the 4th but not this year. I think you will have a lot of help there though and they will get a lot of stuff done to help our Veterans.

I see a lot of advice on here and have offered some. I think people will (like always) take the stuff they want and discard the other. All you can do is offer and let them choose.

It's about 49 right now and there was frost on the windows and lawn when I left for
wo--k this am. I KNOW Spring and Summer is coming so I can put up with it.

Popeye, You are so right when you say this is like having a bunch of siblings. Everyone here is a good friend and so consider me a sister because I think that way about all of you.

Hope all of you have a good day and like others and I have said, if you still have your parents give them a hug. I miss hugging mine. Lynne

Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:15 PM   #4175
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!
Lloyd, have a good time camping, and give your mom a hug for me!
Jay, good to hear from you!! Or should I call you Chef Jay? I hope the Essex is all that you hoped for! It will take you weeks to go through all the post's you have missed! I found the MH I was looking for, and, we (Jira) and I fly back to the US on the 15th of April, down to Florida, Tampa to get her! (Mona) We are going to meet up with Frank and Rita too, while we are down there!
Gordon, always a sad day when you start putting things up for the trip to your other home! I wish you and Janet a great trip!
I did not post yesterday, so 20 days till we see Mona!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Retired, and "Always on Holiday!"
1996 Monaco Windsor 38' "Mona"
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:08 AM   #4176
Thanks again all for the well wishes!!!

Frank, still got your number, will do on the call.

Rail, hug completed!

This was a good idea. Beautiful campground here, and family time is great. We all went into town yesterday afternoon, downtown Mt Airy is like a time warp. Even has a ole fashioned soda fountain (not a remake of one, but a original one). We of course sampled the ice cream.

Happy Easter all!

2008 Thor Mandalay Presidio, 400 ISL
RVing since 1974!
Lots of Motorcycles
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #4177
Good morning, all!

LLoyd, Proud of your Mom and all of you for going camping. Enjoy each other every day.

Rail, Getting excited for you. Frank had described Mona to us a little bit and it sounds great.

Frank, Glad granddaughter got home safely. Sounds like you had a good visit. I hope Rita's gel shot is working well.

Popeye, No siblings here either. I am just getting to know some of the folks here. Listening to the conversations, it sounds like many of the group have known each other for years and years. I'm not sure what having a sibling is like, but the camaraderie is sure nice. It's hard for me to explain, so please forgive the poor attempt at an explanation. Maybe it simply cannot be explained in words.

Lynne, I've mentioned this before. My Dad and Mom are both gone. When I pickup one of the hand tools to get something done, one that used to be Dad's, I always look up and say Thank You.

I had a business meeting yesterday in Naples, FL (6 hour drive one-way). Bev came with me and we swapped driving, and sleeping, duties back and forth. Work has been keeping me working some very long hours lately, and the 12 hour drive by myself might have been pushing the safety factor a bit too much.

Anyway, on the way back we stopped at NorthTrailsRV in Fort Myers for about an hour just before they closed. We asked to look at: Used, DP, King Bed, Bath and a half. Being the self-proclaimed, largest Newmar dealer, they showed us some Newmars. We took a look at a couple of 2013 Dutch Stars, a 2013 Essex, and a 2007 Dutch Star. The DS's were 43', IIRC, and the Essex and 45'?

We liked the bathroom across the back of the rig (over the engine). There is a small step up into the bath, which we don't mind at all. This configuration means that the King Bed is further forward and does NOT have the engine step on one side of the bed. That makes getting in and out of the King easy from both sides.

The 2013 had a full-side slide on the driver's side. Wow. That really opens things up. I did not realize how much until we looked at the 2007 with 4 slides. There is a bottleneck mid-way in the coach. And, they put the washer/dryer and refrigerator in the bottleneck! Really???

We also got a look at different levels of woodwork and other details. The Essex had a very polished look, and a great large shower, but just didn't feel right to us. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful coach. But that particular one just did not feel like home.

The result of the visit was that we learned a lot more about layouts, finishes, looks, etc. Time was short (they were closing and we still had hours to drive home), so we did not get a look at anything but those few Newmars. That was probably good anyway. Any more new information and we might have gone back into overload! We are still digesting what Frank and Rita taught us!

Happy Easter to all!
Charles and Beverly
1996 Fleetwood Wilderness 35' TT.
Hunting for a Class A DP for us.
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #4178

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Happy Easter,
Coffee is tastie,
Currently 55
Looks like highs only in the 70ties this week.
We got a invite to Easter Dinner today with friends from the park.
We plan on heading north Friday, with a stop in Oklahoma City for a few days.
There is a park model up for sale right next to us. Tempting
Rail the 20 days will go by fast and you'll be in the drivers seat.
Went by the other Park in Quartzsite on Thursday soo glad we moved, it was almost empty.

That's all I got,
Happy Easter,
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:49 AM   #4179
Good Morning

Happy Easter!!

Looks like the 8 inches of snow we got a few days ago is going to melt today
(that's a good day)
Bill & Kay
Green Bay, WI
2016 Berkshire 38A
bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #4180

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Happy Easter . Brite sunshine today going to get the TH out of storage on Thursday
Terry and Eleanor
94 Softail / 92 FXR
79 32' AMF Skamper 5th Wheel Toy Hauler
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #4181
Winnebago Owners Club
Happy Easter everyone. Hope the Easter Bunny left lots of good things.

Charles and Beverly - there are lots of great coaches out there. If you are looking at the 2013 price range you could also look at some of the Prevost conversions. They would be a few years older in that price range but there are some beautiful rigs to be had. As always the floor plan is the ticket. Glitz and glitter do not equate to comfort.

We are invited to the same Easter dinner as Tim and Joe. It will be a good one so I am going to skip breakfast and lunch . . . . . just kidding. Will have a light lunch though.

Hope everyone has a grand day with lots of camaraderie with family and friends.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:22 AM   #4182
Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

As usual coffee was excellent this morning. However, instead of cold cereal I cooked up a batch of oatmeal. It was so good, I should do it more often!

Not much excitement here in Sierra Vista, but with the beautiful Arizona weather, who can complain?

I hope all y’all have a wonderful Easter!

Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #4183
Hope everyone has a great Easter and is able to enjoy this great day!!!

Coffee is good today. I got to see my grandson friday and he and I are going Easter egg hunting this afternoon at the in laws.....of course it is good to see my daughter as well....lol.

Kinda overcast and misty here in the piney woods of East Texas but that sun is trying to scare it away...not with a whole lot of success though.

Well that's it from here everyone take care and enjoy

mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:46 PM   #4184

I ate too much !
Stay Tuned
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #4185
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Happy Easter to all. We had a very nice Pot Luck dinner at the lodge, park supplied the ham, naturally we all ate too much, but it is sooooo good.

Glad that you are bonding with family, mom needs that right now, Call anytime that you need to vent, I will be here for you.

It sounds that some of that overload is sinking in, the things that you said about the MH's that you stopped and looked at says that the things we were telling you about have sunk in and you are looking at the things that are right for you. Good Job!

Bill & Kay,
Welcome aboard. Glad that you have joined our group.

Have a great evening all,
03 Silverado cclb 3500 drw, D/A, Reese 22k hitch
07 Alfa SeeYa Gold 30RL,2 slides,power everything
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #4186
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Glad everyone had a great Easter Holiday! Sounds like everyone ate too much! Now time for everyone to go for a big walk!
The days are going by very fast, and I am anxious to get to Tampa!
Everyone have a great day! 19 days! Rail!

Retired, and "Always on Holiday!"
1996 Monaco Windsor 38' "Mona"
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Life with Jane | - »