Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #407
bap

if it is meant to be it will happen,,,if not there was a good reason,,,,you just wont know at that time,,,,,,thats the way it always works,,,.....i wish you the best,,,but if you get a 2000 model or newer, we will lose you on the vintage site,,,and it has been just as exciting watching you find YOUR M.H. as it is for us looking aswell...
best of luck,,,,

the DW and i are always searching on a daily basis,,,but were into the little TT,s..and the older the better,,,,,ya gotta bite into alot of bad apples before you find a sweet one...lol....but the hunt is fun for us..
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #408

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

I will always come back to the Vintage Owners no matter what. Once you meet nice people you don't walk away for silly reasons. I have enjoyed talking with all of you and won't want to miss that.

I know my limits though and don't have the desire or skills to fix things up like some of you do. I just want to retire and relax that first year. I might decide to work (part time) like at a National Park or something like that but it will not be full time anywhere.

I like the idea of work camping so will see, but that first year there will be no work. It has gotten harder and harder in the medical field and I just want to be done. I think I earned that year.

But, I will still come here and it won't be too many years that a 2003 will be vintage. Just a matter of time.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #409

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Evening, had to jump on real quick, weather man says, up to 24" of snow tomorrow night into tuesday . YUK Lynne, those ice sculptures are cool, (get it?) no really. Catch all in the morning
Old 01-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #410

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wait, you mean this vintage section is for vintage RVs, man I thought it was vintage RVers!
Old 01-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #411

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim, that is funny.

Lynne, I'm sorry that you can't get away, I definitely can relate to that. If it is meant to be, that coach will have your name on it when you get there. We started work camping last December here in florida 12hr's per week each, It really helped with the boredom, we got here the 1st of November last year, left the end of april. I retired the end of march 2013, DW retired end of august, and we took off the 6th of September. They have so much to do here at the park that you have to schedule stuff if you don't want to miss something. IE, retired life is wonderful.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:29 AM   #412

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning all, -1* this morning and snow on the way . Going to knee surgeon today, glad its not tomorrow. Frank, I'm trying to get to enjoy this retired life , maybe next year . Have a great day all.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:29 AM   #413
bap

goodmorning gang,,,LYNNE i knew you couldnt leave us all behind,,,and how right you are about an 03 being vintage before we know it,,,,how time flies...

and the vintage site,,,,yup im vintage for sure....i guess most of us are...lol....thank GOD we made it this far,,lol

TERRY, any idea when you will have the surgery,,,?....i hope you can be well for the summer,,,,,,

it would be fun working part time at a park while full timing aat a place you love,,
i took a med.retirement in 96 after awhile all the things i loved doing i just lost intrest in,,,i was ahhh i will do that tommarrow,,,,,then 15yrs latter i met my DW and that turned my whole life around....plenty to do now,,,,and our fairly new hobby of collecting the vintage tt,s..and having a farm......no way of saying i will just do that tommarrow....lol

everyone have a safe and wonderful day
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:35 AM   #414

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning group. bap I'm with you on being busy all the time. Have friends that retire to sit around, eat drink and be happy, only problem is it turns into eat, drink, get fat, have health problems that they don't bounce back from, at least not easily.

DW is usually right by my side to try and keep me from over doing it! Dosnt always succeed, and often we both wind up being to sore to move, but we're seldom bored.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #415

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Afternoon, I have nothing to add but the coffee is good and so is the reading...
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #416

Winnebago Owners Club
I define retirement as working just as hard but you get to pick what you work on. Oh yah - you don't get paid for the work you do.

It is quite easy to keep busy if you want to. At home we are doing a lot of improvements that we have discussed for year. When we are snow birding we participate in park activities. Janet is the president of the activity committee. I write the newsletter and prepare the monthly calendar.

Have helped build 3 sheds and laid 14 pallets of patio blocks. We have strung approximately 30 strings of lights in the trees around our patio so we have lights in the evening. Have done some cooking for the committee. Have done a bunch of cooking for our patio group.

Retirement is what you make of it. If it pleases you to sit around there is nothing wrong with it. If you want to keep busy there are lots of usefull and enjoyable things to do. Best is most of them you get to pick and you can start and quit when you decide.

IMO the best strategy for retiring is to have hobbies or interests that you want to do. Too many fellows I know lived for work and when they retired (some had to be pushed out) had nothing to get up for in the morning. They quickly languished.

Best thing of retirement is to be happy. That is what you worked and saved for so many years.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #417

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hey guys and gals, Dr says its replacment time if the injections he put in don't work, I don't give them much chance, but who knows? Bap, no time on the surgery yet, In a way hope its soon, I have things to do .
Old 01-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #418

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

Coffee was good this am. Day at work was steady but nothing awful like Friday was. I am really looking forward to retirement. I am counting down and I do plan to be busy when I retire, I just will decide how hard I work and how long and if I want to take a walk I will.

MH I wanted in Texas has sold so that wasn't the one. I learn something with each one though so I will keep looking.

OK, have a great evening and I will see you in the AM as I am off Tues and Wed this week because I work Thurs through Mon.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #419

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Looks like we are going to be in Frankenmuth around the middle of September, So maybe we can meet up there if you don't make the summer meet in Ohio.

Terry,
Hope everything works out for you. Dad told me over 30 years ago when he retired, you have to have a reason to get up in the morning, doesn't matter what you do, but you have to do something. How true those words are.

Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #420

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hey guys and gals, Dr says its replacment time if the injections he put in don't work, I don't give them much chance, but who knows? Bap, no time on the surgery yet, In a way hope its soon, I have things to do .
Well I hope the shots work for you Terry, if not the surgery will for sure! Sure glad the snow held off so you could get to the Dr. and back ok!
The coffee is tasting very good today! High 91*/ low 60* Been looking at the price of flight's back to the states! Can't wait! Well, till all the snow is gone anyway!
Lynne, there are many MH's out there, don't worry, the right one will come along! And when it does, you will know for sure!
My MH does not qualify as vintage either, but it is close! I , on the other hand am surely "Vintage" 61 and will be 62 in May, the 8th! Woo hoo!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!