Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #4229

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful morning and my coffee is excellent. However, I may be facing my first weather disappointment since I arrived here in November. I’ve been planning an overnight camping trip high up in the nearby Huachuca Mountain’s for later this week to sleep under the Milky Way on a moonless and cloudless night sky. Starting early this evening and for the next four days (during the new moon period) cloudy weather and possible rain is predicted. Pox and pestilence!!!

Other than that I’ve been busy planning a May/June road trip to Alaska in my Dodge Caravan via the Alaska Highway. Because of my very limited budget it’ll be a shoe string adventure, lots of camping and canned meals, but I’ve had many such adventures in my life and I’ve always had a good time. It’s funny, Gail and I went on three cruises before she died. They were all wonderful but if I had to pick the least wonderful it would’ve been the most expensive, that being the Celebrity cruise we went on to Alaska. They went way overboard on the customer service to the point where it became annoying. Whatthehell, I guess I am the Geocritter after all!

It’s great to read that all y’all are getting your various projects and health issues worked out just in time for summer. Life is good.

Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2016, 12:17 PM   #4230

Rail
We'll keep you updated on the weather up in the great white area...
(Don't come today!) I am seeing spitting snow , but 25 mi south of me , they're socked in!
I think the wind lifted my rig up on 2 wheels a couple of times last night ! Can you do that vortex thing remotely ?
This IS spring , summer won't be till the 4th of July and ends on Labor Day!

PS: and for the record...I haven't rubbed ANYTHING on you... We don't want to start any rumors .

Lloyd
Bend over and tell Debbie if she can move her knee 120* , she can kick you ! Bet she'll get through those PT sessions in a hurry !!!!
The FUN part of cold and snow was gone when I was 10 !
Those ski bums need to be tested, I tell ya !

Be careful bragging about your weather , however complaining is allowed and encouraged !

Terry and bemis
Are you doing your NO SNOW'S today ???? It's working here ,,,,,,so far. That pic looks exactly like Portland on the noon news !

Old 04-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #4231

Hi Everybody, So busy lately moving crap around trying to get out of my shop. It has been difficult as my landlord is always in my way as I am moving stuff, he doesn't want us to go and goes thru all my castaways like he hit a Gold Mine for junk! Be so glad i'll be out of there by the weekend! My backyard looks like a hoarding show with everything under tarps till we get back from upstate and have a Big Garage Sale near Memorial Day, then what doesn't sell goes to wherever, but it won't be here! Sally's BP is still jumping around but i'm sure it will get better without having to tell the Landlord to get the hell out of my way! Want to get back to the pickup and start doing some things to the MH. Hope everyone is well or getting there, Bobby
Old 04-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #4232

Bobby
Maybe tell him if he gives you some space , you'll leave all the extra stuff and he can look through it at his leisure !
Old 04-05-2016, 01:22 AM   #4233

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was good today!
Popeye, batten down the hatches, or strap that boat down good!!
Steve, I hope the skies clear up for you, got my fingers crossed!
Charles, hope they start quickly, and do a good job!
Everyone have a great day! 11 days! Rail!
Old 04-05-2016, 05:41 AM   #4234

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Bobby
Maybe tell him if he gives you some space , you'll leave all the extra stuff and he can look through it at his leisure !
Gee Popeye, Great Idea , I bet he'd be thrilled if I left about 4000 sq ft of glass cutoffs for him to go thru! I just wish I had a bigger spread so I could keep the one cutting table in my yard, it is 9' x 12' tilts up verticle to load sheets and has a air system to one hand move heavy sheets around! Would make an excellent fabricating/welding table for Terry when he gets around to building his "bigger" TH in the future, LOL! Bobby
Old 04-05-2016, 07:55 AM   #4235

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 61,
Warmer here in Oklahoma city Oklahoma than in Yuma AZ
got to love it.
We had a windy but great trip on our way home. We stayed in a truck stop Sunday night and got woken up @ 1 in the morning from a person from another country and his 53 foot trailer and he wants me too move over because his trailer is 2-3 inches from my mirrors.
I had to get up and start the MH and move it over a foot for him to get in his spot.
I guess in his country they don't have a reverse. I should have told him that is what the R is on the gear shifter. ( I am in my lane 100%)
I couldn't get to sleep after that so I got Joe up and we took off @ 2am drove all the way to Oklahoma City Oklahoma.
We are here visiting Joe's brother.
We had a GREAT time in Yuma. Great resort and great people.
I have a lot of reading to catch up its been a few days since been here.
Hang in there Rail it will be here before you know it...

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #4236

Coffee is good this morning. .....46* when I left the house for w**k this morning gonna hit 85 for a high today....

Spritz glad ya made it safe and sound and if I had been woken up at 1 am I probably would have told him where to put that trailer and it would not have been comfortable for him either

Rail...I am getting excited for you to meet Mona. ....won't be long....

DW is in Austin for work for a couple of days so it's bachelor time for me....lol....unlimited naps tv and reading....lol

Everyone be safe and enjoy

Mk
Old 04-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #4237

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a little overcast this morning but still pretty bright out. Here in Arizona it’s hard to keep the sun out! For some reason my coffee’s exceptional this morning. Today is a hike day so come 8am I’ll be hitting the trail. Watching the weather I’ve decided that perhaps this coming Saturday evening will be a nice night under the stars, not perfect but a crescent moon shouldn’t throw too much light. It’s supposed to rain on Friday so that may keep the campground partially clear over the weekend and it’ll definitely remove haze.

Bobby, I’m just curious. The other day I had to have the windshield replaced in my 2005 Dodge Caravan. I took it into a shop here in Sierra Vista and they charged me $188.00 total to replace it. I didn’t really shop around for a price since what they quoted and charged seems fair but now I wonder, is that a fair price to pay for a new windshield? I really have no idea and am just curious.

Tim, perhaps he did you a favor waking you up and not damaging your RV with his incompetence. Once I stopped to overnight at a truck stop outside of LA. I’d gotten permission but no told one told the night crew. They woke me up at 2am telling me to leave. Actually, they did me a favor because, after a quick coffee and donut, I proceeded to drive through LA (something I’d been dreading) at 2:30am Sunday and had almost no traffic to deal with. I actually like to drive during the early morning hours and have the road all to myself.

Wow, Rail just 11 days until you meet “Mona” your new plus-sized gurlfriend!

I’m glad to hear all y’all are doing well and y’all with the snow I bet you’re really looking forwards to the summer.

Steve
Old 04-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #4238

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Boy I miss a few days,

Coffee is strong today...

But tastie

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:26 AM   #4239
cwk

Good morning, all!

Steve, Nothing wrong with camping and canned foods. Cans are easy to store. A small cook stove (or sterno?) will make them into a hot meal. I am looking forward to hearing about your trip at some point. (Actually getting a bit jealous, but trying to be careful. )

MK, Bachelor time! Yup. Extra naps sounds great.

Popeye and Terry, Wow. Winter does not want to let go yet.

Tim, Glad your trip was safe.

Rail, Getting closer!

LLoyd, Let Deb know we are rooting for her. We trust that there are daily improvements. It will not be long before this will all be a memory.

Building: Some details to work out before we pull the trigger. Two of us are working on it. I've learned that proper planning ahead of time can save a lot of extra grief/work/expense later.

We started at 54F outside this morning (when I got up), and the forecast is for 78F this afternoon. Typical swings this time of year.

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #4240

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Back on the airwaves.

Had a good trip home but a rocky start.

Planned to travel with Tim and Joe as far as Quartzite but when moving the big slide in we got an error code. Consternation!!!! Called the local Winnebago dealer and then started getting the "call this fellow" line. All the guys were referred in the next bit.

First place they service had shut down for the summer, so called the next place who said they did not do service calls, so called the next fellow who said he was too busy and was leaving town, so called the next place who said they did not work on slides, so called the next place who said they were moving their shop, so called the next place who said they were busy but could possibly work us in later in the day.

Meanwhile Tim and Joe had loaded up and were patiently waiting. (If you want to be around a couple neat guys Tim and Joe are for you) Told Tim that we would be a while so wished them a good trip and not to wait for us. Sad to see them go, the group is breaking up for the summer, we will see them in the fall but still sad to see everyone go.

Meanwhile I was poking around and voila found the problem! (I love the word voila. Sort of says "Hot Damn" without the fist pump. A matter of fact way of saying Eureka I found the problem - now if I can just fix it!)

Anyway found that the motor connection had come unplugged. Not a difficult issue now that I found it but unfortunately the plug is "way in there" so I can just reach it and only one arm at a time. Cannot see which way it goes together but can feel there is a hook on one side of one connector and a latch on one side of the other connector. So using fingers only I managed to line them up and start them together. Now the issue - there is a rubber seal that is very tight. Was able to work the connection back and forth enough to finally get the connector seated and latched.

So several hours later after phone calls and fiddling about we are able to go.

Weather on the way home was perfect. Sunny 95% of the time with following winds. Coach ran great. Had an issue with the tire sensors but will be talking with the Tire Minder folks shortly.

Son was waiting for us when we got home, wonderful. Daughter and grand daughter came over for a short visit a bit later. Unhooked and plugged the motor home in and left the heat on. Looked out this morning and there is a light dusting of snow in the yard.

Now the trailer shifting begins. Time to clean the winter storage out and move the stacker and coach in. Going out to start that shortly.

Lloyd - Janet used Tramadol for her drug of choice. She is not able to take the morphine based drugs. Worked fine but she found the withdrawal from the drug to be worse than the pain.

MK - I suggest to Janet whenever she goes away for a few days it is "time I get without adult supervision".

Everyone have a great day. Off to be a parking lot attendant.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:43 PM   #4241

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Yes coffee was good this morning, weather was a little cool this morning but turned out to be a beautiful day. Rita just had the last Gel shot in her knee of a series of 5, she is trying to prevent a partial replacement(shouldn't need a complete replacement). The doc said that it would take 4 to 6 weeks before we know if it is going to work or not. If not then when we come back down here in the fall she will get it done.
Had the bedroom slide seal replaced yesterday, just shy of $300 just for the 2 pc seal, not including labor, but at least it won't pour water into the bedroom anymore.
Tim and Gordon,
Glad that you made it to your destinations safe and sound. Gordon, glad that you got your side fixed without a lot of grief. Tim, And they wonder why we Americans don't want the foreigners here driving semi's.
Terry, Lynne, and Popeye, sorry that the weather is terrible up north, hopefully it will warm up soon and stay there.
Rail,
Can't wait for you to meet up with Mona, it is going to be(how do you say it), oh yeah, EPIC!!!!
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #4242

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone on the Coffee Thread! Coffee was very good today!
Bap, have not heard from you for a few days? Hello???? Hope everything is going good with you and family! Check in when you can!
Frank, Yes, Epic! Hahahaha!
Lloyd, how did the Jeep bumper install go? Pic's? Give Deb these!
Gordon, be carefull outside, you still have the "Thin Blood"!
Steve, she is "plus size" for sure!
Tim, glad you guys got to Ok. safe and sound! And if I have no where else to park, and a TS is the only option, I always park in the car area, and inform them that I am going to only be there for a quick nap! Never had them tell me to leave! I spent way to many nights sleeping in the truck section, noisy and you never know when a sleepy truck driver will back into you?
MK, have fun, relax, and eat the things your wife does not like!
Charles, the sooner you get them to start, the sooner they will finish! Hehehehehe!!
Bobby, hope we will get to see you and Sally in 3 weeks or so? Hope the weather clears up and warms up!
Everyone have a great day! 10 days! Rail!