Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:30 AM   #4243

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
currently 59
and windy, very windy gusts to 50 miles per hour, I could have used that in the rear on the way to Oklahoma instead of side gusts. Didn't anticipate the extra costs for gas, will be sitting here for a few days.
There are a few grass fires around and the winds are spreading it like "wild fires" I hope there are no casualties. Lots of homesteaders in line of the fires. Saw on the news its jumping 100s of feet with each gust. We are safe where we are.
Coffee is pretty good this morning.
Thanks Gordon and Janet we had a grand time with you and the group from Yuma. Although we didn't have the chance to go into Mexico because of expired passports we saw lots of Yuma and enjoyed the daily Happy Hours. We never did make it to the pool. We will get the reservations made for next winter and we will be there in October instead of March. so much to see and do there. Even finding a case of lettuce that had fallen off one of the trucks, and shared with the group.
The old gal ran flawlessly there and back to where we are. Only used 1/2 quart of oil in 3,000 miles . We have been very lucky with her compared to some of the Horry stories I read on the forums. We still have 7-800 miles left to get us home to the S&B. Our neighbor that has been watching the house sent us pictures of our Daffodil's and Blue bells that are up and flowering.
Saw on a TV ad that there is a car show this weekend @ the Fairgrounds and I am hoping there is the booth that sells that good wax that I used on her and get the rest of the her waxed. I found it last year back in Mpls at the car show
there, great stuff.
Rail, your short (Service discharge talk) 10 days and a wakeup?
Not sure what we are doing today, maybe some laundry.

Did I say I miss Yuma ? I just did...
Those on the road be safe ,

Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2016, 06:46 AM   #4244

Good morning!

40* here, (much colder than it has been) and Carolina blue skies! Our 5th day in a row. I like this!

Tim, at least he didn't hit you! People cam be so inconsiderate. Safe travels, wish I was on the road. Enjoy it!

Gordon, great job on the slide fix, wonder why it came unplugged? Do you have better access with the slide in? Glad your home safe and sound, sounds like your enjoying being with family.

Rail, Mona and you will meet soon. Don't forget if you get up here in the Carolina's the rates on Campsite #1 are hard to beat!

The Jeep bumper is on, started on the winch last night, I am only getting a hour or 2 a day to work on it as my job is keeping me pretty busy, and I have all the house chores. Once the winch is installed I have to wire the lights. Bought a kit with diodes that uses the Jeeps lights as you tow. Will get a picture soon.

Deb is doing well, has 85 degree's in the knee, still using the walker. Physical Therapist returns tomorrow. This afternoon we are going to try the machine at 90 degrees.

23 days, 9 hours, 16 mins and 26 secs till I retire. However I have a big meeting tomorrow at work,,, they are trying to get me to stay. Not sure what the deal with that is,,,,, but if their offer would position us so Deb could also retire soon I may consider it. Currently she can't go till August 2017.

Have a great day all!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:04 AM   #4245

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good morning All, good to hear that Tim and Joe made to OK. safe and sound, and Gordon and Janet back to their S&B. Lloyd, the sooner Deb gets it there the better it'll be, scar tissue builds up fast and its harder, (read more painful) to break it down. Cold here in the great Northeast still, it was warmer in March than now. Have a Great Day All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:19 AM   #4246

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, things are winding down at the campgrounds 2 or 3 campers are leaving every day now. Soon there will only be a handfull left. Rail, you won't have any problems finding a site now, there are plenty available everywhere.
Lloyd,
Still our best wishes to Deb, hope that she continues on her recovery and that the pain goes away very soon. Sounds like you are coming right along on the Jeep.
Tim,
Glad that you are safe and that you have had no problems with the rig.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #4247

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning coffee lovers;
Cool and windy here today so time outside will be at a premium. Just saying it is too cool for me to enjoy being outside. However the cool weather is keeping the mosquitoes down so I may have to reconsider. Let me think about it - NO!

Everyone have a great day.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:47 AM   #4248

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone. Going to be a goregous day here in the PNW sunny and 68 and tomorrow will be the same with a temp of 80 The wife and I will be hoping for a warm summer being that we made a big purchase yesterday....No not a new RV but took the plunge and bought a new furnance along with AC Last summer was pretty damn warm for us folks in the PNW and every since my wife being diagnosed with MS 4 yrs ago the heat bothers her even more.

Back to work I go.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:06 AM   #4249

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee good as usual today!
Sounds good Frank!
Lloyd, I will keep that in mind, Thanks!
Gordon, let me think, Cold or Mosquitos, wow, I think cold, but, after being in Yuma all winter?
Tim, no one has ever called me "short" Nickname, "Rail" ( tall and thin ) well, used to be thin! Glad your ol girl is treating you good! Those ol 454's are hard to beat!
We went to our second house yesterday and got suitcases and warm clothes,, just incase we need them on our trip up to the great white north!
Everyone have a great day! 9 days! Rail!
PS, really 7/8 days, as we leave on Thursday evening from Lampang, and leave just after midnight, 00:30 Friday morning from Bangkok, the 15th, very early in the morning, and arrive in Tampa Friday evening at 7:29 pm on the 15th! Very fast plane! And we change planes in Tokyo, and O'Hare too!!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:01 AM   #4250

Goooodmorning all Y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful morning and my coffee’s great. I’m up earlier than usual. I fell asleep last evening while reading a book, add the two hours extra sleep in my passenger seat/recliner and when I awoke for my morning nature call there was no going back to sleep! Heavy sigh…

Tuesday afternoon the universe stepped in and helped me with my Alaska trip. I’d been budgeting trip expenses and it was looking as if I’d have to forgo a few non-essential things. I’d wanted to build a sleeping platform in the rear of my Caravan… Too much money! I’d wanted to replace my stop-leak clogged heater core… Too much money! I wanted to order a can of bear spray and a copy of Milepost through Amazon… Too much money! I can be very frugal when need be and if it wasn’t absolutely necessary for the trip it wasn’t going to happen. Then Tuesday afternoon I went to the local gun shop to retrieve a gun I had on consignment there since December 2015. The thing just wasn’t selling. I walked through the door and the owner handed me $350, my gun had sold the previous Saturday! I spent yesterday working on my heater, buying the materials for my sleeping platform, and ordering bear spray and the Milepost from Amazon… WOOOHOOO!!!

I have a morning hike to do and then ,if it doesn’t get too hot, I’ll be putting my sleeping platform together. Years ago I used to take my kids camping in my Caravan (my son had severe asthma so we mainly car camped). The platform was great, I’d pack our stuff underneath and the kids would play and sleep on top. It was a very nice setup! I’ll try to remember to post a photo or two when I finish building it.

Steve
Old 04-07-2016, 08:13 AM   #4251
cwk

Good morning, all!

Steve, That's great news about selling the gun. Alaska here you come!

Rail, Getting real close.

For those of you who are not familiar with the term "short" in the military: After spending 3 years on an aircraft carrier (actually any ship or duty station), when one is within a very short period of time before transferring off the ship, they are referred to as being "short." All sorts of silly jokes appear. Such as, "he is so short that he needs a stepladder to get over the [threshold] on a door." On a ship we don't call them thresholds, but you get the idea. Isn't the English language's ability to confuse fun?

Terry, Hopefully your Tot'r can get its personality back, and it's a good one!

Lloyd, Let Deb know we are still cheering for her.

All of you northerner's, So much for an early spring? We are willing to share our southern weather, but we honestly don't have much control over it.

Tim, Sounds like your trip is going well. Safe travels.

Everyone, Have a great day! That's our plan here as well.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #4252

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Hope you have a great day.

Once flew from Australia to home. 23 hours traveling so landed an hour before we took off on the same day.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #4253

Terry (and , well , everybody)

I read a book on automotive electronic control systems.
(So that makes me , like a total expert !!!)
But one of the things I got from it was even a perfectly working and programmed system is only a slave to the sensors connected to it.

Even if all the sensors are working correctly , the real weak spot is the connectors !

Checking and cleaning the pins of the connections with something like Cramolin Gold could fix it all in a hurry ......OR NOT !

PS: that Cramolin stuff is miracle juice , I've extended the life of many very expensive electronic devices with it ,,,,and even a few connections on my RVs. It will dissolve any corrosion and enhance then protect the connector !

PSS: While I was living at the semi repair garage I watched the owner fix a truck that the mechanics had given up on (after MANY hours) by cleaning and resetting the connector on a sensor! (which , by the way , had been replaced without fixing the problem)
then he did the same by cleaning all the connectors on a computer module on another truck !!!
Old 04-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #4254

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, you are 100% correct, we have "fixed" many vehicles just by plug and unplug connectors. It's a good lesson to remember, now where can you buy this Cramolin gold stuff? I never heard of it. (by the way that was like the second thing I did, after I checked the fuses )
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:25 PM   #4255

Retired Fire Service RVer's
GoodMorning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, golf was even better. Cold beer and excellent buffet at the country club was also excellent. Then sat out around a campfire. So it was a very good day all around.
Steve,
Glad that you got the gun sold and now can get what you need for your Alaska trip.
Rail,
Do you have transportation lined up from the airport to Mona? If need be, we can pick you up, just let me know.
Popeye,
Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night also? HaHaHa
Terry,
I hope that all it is is a connection problem.

Well, got my EZ-Flex and wet bolt installed on the other side of the trailer. Found the rear brakeline crimped where the U-bolts had caught the line between the axle and the frame, so I changed the line and like the one on the other side, rerouted it so that it can't get caught again. Bled the brakes and changed a relay in the brake circuit. Still think that something is amiss, but going to try it the way it is right now.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:55 AM   #4256

Good Morning all!

51* here, supposed to be a cool weekend. No matter for me, most of what I have on my list is inside. Get the bumper, winch and lighting completed on the Jeep, etc..

The Physical Therapist told Deb yesterday that during her visit today she is going to take away the walker, and get Deb using a cane. Oh boy, now she will have a stick to beat me with!

She also said Deb will do better next week on the mobility (currently her knee will bend 95 degrees) once the staples are out. The staples are pulling when she bends further and causing pain. All in all she is doing well.

Well w--k asked me to stay 2 more months. My last day was to be 4/29. Thinking about that. They offered me nothing in return beyond a few small trips I have planned being paid time.

Like all of you, I grew up being very proud of my work. Spent 21 years with the company and always did the right thing. Very often, I went the extra mile. My legacy is something I am very proud of. I work in the technology support group, 2-3 times a year when things went bad I have worked 24 plus hour shifts, whatever it took. So they are pulling all those strings trying to get me to go one more extra mile....... one more time .... I told them I will get back to them Monday.

Tim, hope the wind gets at your back! Wonder if you took the back roads (Route 66 might be fun) and kept the speed down how your mileage would do?

Rail,,,, the slow planes will be when you return.

Gordon,,,, you went home too soon??? But my guess is your managing the limits of how long you can stay in country? Do you just put your coach away for the season, or use it during the summer for other trips?

Have a great day all!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote