Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:58 AM   #4257

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
currently 51
Coffee is tasting pretty good this Am
Decided too hit the road tomorrow morning and finish the trip back home to the S&B. We are going to skip the car show and will see it in Mpls in June we enter the 64 in that show.
They are predicting sever weather here on Sunday and don't want to get caught in it.
Hey Rail I beat ya this am...
Didn't mean anything about being short!!!
Lloyd, we have been on route 66 at times. We are going to hit 35w for the rest of the trip. I have tried to keep my foot out of it but with those new tires she wants to go 65 hitting 70 at times. I use the cruise most of the time which has helped with mileage. I'm going to go back down too 60ish seems to be the right speed to help with mileage. I usually get 8 mpg even towing the caddie.
Those on the road be safe, We will,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #4258

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Well we (read that I) have been dogging it. Ordered some new computers and doing other things so the great parking lot shuffle is going to happen today. Supposed to be some inclement weather coming in for tomorrow so want the coach and the trailer in the shed.

Lloyd - the coach is in the shed for the summer but we will have several outings with it. We are thinking about going to Oklahoma, plus we camp with a RV club and hope to get out with our son and grand daughters. Will be busy with some improvements around the house I have been putting off for a couple years. Never nothing to do.

Have a safe trip home Tim and Joe. Hope you have sent your reservation in.

Getting excited anticipating the photos Rail will post of the new MH. Looks like a beauty.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #4259

Frank
I actually HAVE stayed at Holiday Inns and a zillion others......
That's what made me build the camper on my old Dodge Sweptline.
From then on I just stayed at the venue or the hotel PARKING LOT !!!

I don' need no stinkin' hotels ,,,I am a Keeller Bee !

And before anyone says it ,,,,I am not , my mother had me tested !
Old 04-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #4260

Ooops!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #4261

Goooodafternoon all y’all!!!

I’ve been busy today so I missed my morning update.

Since I’ll be camping in my Caravan while I’m visiting the Great White North I decided to build this 4x6 sleeping platform with storage underneath. I built a similar platform for my 1986 Caravan 30 years ago when I’d take my kids on camping trips.

I’ll use the seat cushion out of the bench seats in my RV’s dinette.

Steve

Old 04-08-2016, 09:37 PM   #4262

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!
Did not make it on yesterday, been busy here preparing for our trip!
It is Songkran Festival here is Thailand this week, so, a lot of water being thrown everywhere! We just had a big parade come by the house, was very beautiful with everyone all dressed up in traditional Thai outfits! If you have never been to one, or seen one, you can google it!
Steve, the Caravan is shaping up nicely for your adventure!
Gordon, better hurry up, before the bad weather come in! I too am getting very excited!
Frank, thanks for the offer of picking us up at the airport, I talked to Dave yesterday, and he is going to do it! We will come to your CG, and spend a couple of days, going over Mona, making sure she is ready! We plan on going to a hotel when we get there, and getting a good nights sleep, and a shower! Then going to get Mona the next morning!
Tim, Got to let you beat me every once and awhile!
Lloyd, yes, you are right, the trip back we get the slow planes!
Everyone have a great day! 7 Days! Rail!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:59 AM   #4263

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
currently 54
coffee is great, got to make more to fill the air pot for the start of the rest of the trip home today.
Gordon, had the rest of the salmon and Tilapia last night yum turned out great, cooked it out on the grill :thumb .
Joe's niece and her boyfriend had never had either before,
Got everything outside put away and are almost ready to hit the road, have too get the inside cleaned up before we can go.
Gas here is avg $1.57-$1.47 depending what side of town your on a real plus.
Rail how many day's now?
Have a great weekend,
everyone on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:08 AM   #4264

Morning!

Headed to 60 today,,,, Carolina Blue Skies in the forecast for today and tomorrow.

Deb over did it yesterday, she got setup on the cane, and went everywhere! Now her new knee is sore. Going to have to take a slower pace.

Rail, 7 days is going to go quickly. You are a patient man, I would be at Mona with no sleep, and no shower!

Turkey season here, just heard a shot very close to the house. I suspect my neighbor and good friend just got one. We let him hunt our place. There has been a big ole Tom strutting about the place for a couple weeks. our area seems to have a heavy turkey population this year,,, I see them constantly up and down our little country road.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:30 AM   #4265

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning. The new Workkampers didn't last long, they left yesterday before they ever started, so Rita and I volunteered to stay for the summer. Terry and Gordon and to the others planning on going to Jay's for the 4th of July, I'm sorry to say that we won't be there. We will be coming back to Florida from Branson, sometime betwen the 15th and 21st of May. Going to stop off in Manchester, Tenn to see my Dad. Will drive back to Ohio sometime in August for a couple weeks but other than that we will be in sunny Florida for the summer.
Rail,
That sounds good, if anything changes, just let me know.
Lloyd,
I understand about being proud of what you have done at work, now you need to ask them what it is worth to have you stay those couple of months, put the ball in their court.
Tim,
You and Joe have a safe trip back home.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:30 AM   #4266

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Frank, that's life, things happen beyond our control, we have to do what we can . I'm not sure what is going on with Jay anyway, he stopped in a little while ago and hasn't posted since, I think he has alot going on and just doesn't have time, maybe some other time and place. I would hate to have all these people and plans and no place to go to. Lloyd, I would do that sometimes too, you learn quickly what you shouldn't do, it takes time and it sometimes seems to take forever. Tim, safe travels home, may the wind be at your back. Rail, getting close . Nice job on the caravan Steve. Have a Great Day All.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #4267

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee was great this morning. It is COLDER than hell right now. Supposed to be in the 40's and 50's by weeks end and I can't wait.

Been working overtime and had another friend die. 55 yrs old. Major coronary. Just seems crazy to me even though I have worked this field for over 30 years.

Started classes Thursday night for Range Safety Officer training and certification. Our club needs help for competitions and classes and it teaches a lot about safety so I decided to do it. Wow, they really get into the safety. I think that is great.

Rail, the times seems to have flown by to me. I remember waiting to get to mine and it seemed to crawl. How has it been for you? Not long now though. I think Rail and family is probably going to the hotel due to female needs more than his.

Frank, Sounds like you really like the park you are in so staying probably is pretty easy for you and Rita. I hope to find a place like that when we winter in the warmer climes. That's getting closer too.

Steve, My Dad was always doing things like building his own stuff when I was a kid. He created a kitchen that we towed behind the station wagon for camping for Mom. Had a cover for it that flipped up, a sink that he could hook a hose to, and all her stuff stored inside it. You guys who can create something that works for you always come up with the best ideas. Should make for a much nicer trip.

Lloyd, we have a lot of turkeys around here. We see them in the field across the street every day. I love nature so the wildlife is entertaining to watch. Course they taste good too.

Hope all on the road stay safe, those at home the same, and I know eventually the warm weather will decide to grace MI.

Stay warm and safe, Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #4268

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Well the parking lot shuffle is complete. Got everything moved to where it is supposed to be. Coach and stacker are in the shed. 5er is outside and waiting for the "For Sale" sign to go up.

Was really windy last night and is still really breezy this morning. Still some outside stuff to do but the pressure is off. Very cool here but not a bit of snow. The predicted rain did not occur. Am thinking about undertaking a wash and wax of the coach in the shed.

Will be starting to till the garden next week.

I hope Deb's knee stops hurting quickly.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:13 PM   #4269

Gordon
I got the wind and the rain......2" of it (or so they say)and the gusts were feeling like there was a herd of elephants outside taking turns trying to knock my rig over ! Temps about the same as you ....

Lloyd
Just say to them "SHOW ME THE MONEY or Make me a CAKE !"

I remember when they were re-introducing wild turkeys here back in the 80s , guess the place was good for them cuz they're EVERYWHERE now!

Frank
You're a good man covering for the "cold feet-ers" ,,,, workamping is just too much for some when they realize they actually have to w-o-r-k , no matter how easy it is or what a great place you get to stay...

beamis
That's one reason I chose to get out of the rat race early , ya never know how long you'll last!

Another is....
Even if you manage to win the rat race , you're still a rat !

And then....
I talked to a LOT of older RVers before I did and when I asked if they had any regrets , almost every one answered "Yeah , I wish I had started sooner !

All the extra money won't ever buy you more time!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim
It's back up to $2.09 here

Rail
You've been waiting too long for that first time with Mona,,,,better wear a raincoat !!!!! I know , I know
Old 04-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #4270

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Popeye - hang in there. Always disconcerting when the side of the MH is getting more rain than the top.

Wind picked up this morning and is now really blowing. Bringing in a couple weather fronts. We have had a few drops but still dry.

I am with you on the retirees I have talked to. Not one of them says they wished they had worked longer. I think too often we are seduced by those who say "You know if you work anther X or XX years your pension will be increased by a goodly amount". You may get a bit more but you will not collect it as long.

Janet and I both retired at 55 and both of us will say the same thing about retiring earlier.