Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #4285

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks Gordon, We are sorry that we can't make it also, we were really looking forward to meeting everyone and helping Jay out. I guess the man upstairs has other plans for us, so that tells me there is some reason for us to be here this summer, and I am ok with it.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #4286

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Gang,

I am in West Virginia. My niece called Thursday night and said her husband's CA went into his liver and they could do no more for him. I talked with her Saturday and he was going down hill fast so I got in the car and headed this way.

I arrived Sat night around 11:30. She and I stayed up talking until almost 3AM and then went to bed. She was hollering for me at just after 6PM. Mike had passed. He had been 185 lbs and was down to 96. It's been a hard trip and I will be here until Tuesday and then head home again. Her sister will come in Tuesday from Louisana.

Can you just say a prayer for her please. Her name is Sandy and she is in a world of hurt.

Will be back on in a few days. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #4287

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lynne, sorry for your loss, will keep Sandy in our prayers, good for you to be there. Take care on your trip home.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #4288

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne; Best and prayers for Sandy and the family.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #4289
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lynne, Sorry for your loss. Prayers for Sandy and the family.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #4290

Lynne, man I hate cancer! What a horrible disease it is, I am so sorry. I'll pray for Sandy and the rest of her family.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:35 PM   #4291

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
Our condolences for your loss, Sandy and the rest of the family will be in our prayers. Be careful on your trip back home.
Frank
Old 04-11-2016, 01:31 AM   #4292

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Lynne, So sorry, and we will add Sandy and family to our prayer list! Be careful on your drive back home!
Steve, I think those vintage coffee makers were much better than the new ones, they seem to get the water hotter than the new ones! I had a old Corning Ware percolator that made the best coffee ever, but you best let that cup sit for five min's before you took a sip! It would take the skin right off!
Frank, I understand, after reading the reviews, everyone said the same thing! Great People, very clean!
Lloyd, thanks for the order for the nice weather! We will take it!
Charles, sorry you lost your post! It really bites, when that happens! I have not lost one for quite awhile now, but I still copy them just incase!
Getting really close to our departure time, and getting more excited everyday! Our latest adventure is about to start!
Everyone have a great day! 4 Days till we leave! Rail!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:09 AM   #4293

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
currently, cold, 31, feels like 25 brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Lynn sorry for your loss its been a tough winter for ya.
Prayers sent.
We got home last night. We sat in a really nice rest area and huge. We waited out the winds but after 5 hours they didn't die down much so we took off. Fought them all the way home.
Going to check out the front end on the MH seems like she really wonders.
We got home to a cold house the thermostat lost the program and nothing was heating. I wonder how long it sat with no heat??? I had everything off before we left so nothing froze, I will ask the guy that was watching the house to see when was the last time he checked out the house. I replaced the batteries and re-set the program and the furnace fired right up. turned up the water heater and it fired off so we are set for heat and hot water. I still slept in the MH.
Will start unpacking today. Its nice to be home but wish it was warmner. Next year we will stay a little longer.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:13 AM   #4294
bap

LYNNE,,prayers sent for sandy and the family,,also for a safe trip home..

TIM,, glad ya made it home safe and sound..--those high winds knocked our power out for 24 hours...

STAN,, i know yer gitten excited....lol

everyone have a fantastic week..
Old 04-11-2016, 06:40 AM   #4295

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, beautiful weather, had a wonderful pool party yesterday with most of the people that are still here, although, most of the park that is left are leaving this week. I think there will only be 10 or 12 units left after this week.
Tim,
I'm glad that you made it home safe and sound.
Rail,
I'm excited for you.
Only 2 more weeks till we leave for 3 weeks, so it is now packup and wash down time.
Frank
Old 04-11-2016, 07:19 AM   #4296
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Lynne, Still have Sandy, family, and you in our prayers. Safe trip home!

Rail, Getting real close.

Tim, Welcome home.

Frank, Only 10-12 units? Wow. The park was crowded when we visited. Hard to imagine.

Steve, One way that I know of to "lock in" the formaldehyde is to cover the surface, including the exposed edges. Maybe paint? That would need to include every surface that is exposed to the air. Then there is the possible issue of the paint off-gassing and causing problems. And, you already have this assembled and installed. That makes it hard to get to all of the surfaces.

Keeping a window or vent cracked for ventilation may be the simplest solution. One needs fresh oxygen in an enclosed space anyway just for breathing. (That idea was already mentioned by someone else.)

If you start to get headaches from the fumes, then you need more fresh air. The only time I had this issue was with particleboard many, many years ago. At work we cut up over a dozen 4x8 sheets one day in a small (20x22) building. There was a lot of particleboard sawdust. Later in the day I got this terrible headache. Getting out of the building and getting fresh air when I left work solved the problem. We left the overhead door open the next time we used the product. Then, the company decided to not use the particleboard product at all as we shifted our marketing strategy and customer base. That made everyone happy!

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #4297

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful sunny Arizona morning and I just finished my second cup of coffee, yum!

Yesterday I began prepping my Caravan for my Alaska spring road trip, things are going mostly well. I changed my oil, put in 5 quarts of 5W30 synthetic, a new filter, and greased the front ball joints. I thought I was going to need to replace the front brake pads but it looks as if I’ll be able to safely squeeze another 10K out of the ones I have.

Currently my heater core is clogged with stop-leak from an emergency repair I made on a 2014 December trip to Binghamton NY. I disconnected the heater hoses and back-flushed it with fresh water but found no joy. I may hook a hose up to it and flush it for a half hour today and see if that doesn’t help. The problem is that one or two passages are open so all the water goes through them and there’s not enough residual pressure left to open up the other clogged passages (my geological knowledge of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) coming into play here). A new heater core’s only $45 from Rockauto but a PITA to install.

I meet the most interesting the people full-timing. The latest folks I met are a California couple. While not full-timers they hit the road for months at a time doing pretty much what I do, boondocking or staying in one spot for several weeks or a month while exploring the area in their Jeep toad. They have a slide-in truck camper on a 4X4 Ford PU that’s absolutely incredible! Another fellow I met was a former commodities trader who, with his wife and kids, was exploring the US, Canada, and Mexico in a 1970’s Dodge Travco. A very cool vintage rig! The two snowbirds from Fairbanks who parked next to me for a week in their Class A told me some great stories about the Great White North.

It’s time for my third cup of morning coffee and the start of my day. Yep, life is good!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:17 PM   #4298

Lynne!

Very sorry for your loss. Tell Sandy we are praying for her.

L.