Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2016, 08:13 PM   #4313

Winnebago Owners Club
Evening all;
Lynne - glad you arrived home safe. Great thing to go down to support family.

Finished mowing the leaves up. Things were going well so hooked up the roto tiller and made a pass over the garden. If things keep going as they are we will be planting in a couple weeks.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #4314

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone!! Coffee was very good today!!
Lynne, sure glad you made it home safe!
Gordon, you are on a roll!! Don't stop now, it will be hard to get going again!
Charles, just keep remembering (you will only be in the building for 5 years!) So, like you said, keep the cost down as much as you can, and if you have to run a extra de-humidifier or two, so be it! I would think the const. crew would put up the vapor barrier before they put on the siding, if you request it! Then I would insulate it as cheaply as possible, remembering the underlined above!
Lloyd, you have a nice looking barn! Now I have "Barn Envy"
We only have 1 more sleep here at home, and leave Lampang tomorrow evening for Bangkok! Guess I best start packing!
I reserved a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Spring Hill, Fl. for when we arrive! After 25 hours of sitting in a tin can, it will feel good to soak in a "Spa Tub" Very excited to see my good friend Dave, and meet Frank and Rita, and get to finally lay my eyes and hands on "Mona" !!
I will check in in route, when WiFi is available!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 04-13-2016, 04:13 AM   #4315

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
Currently 45
BRRRRRR we left Yuma way to early
Thanks for the info on Dump stations in Iowa, I found one that we stopped at had one so we got it dumped. I new a lot of the stations have them but they wanted 10 bucks at the Flying J.
rail, Welcome back to the USA, and good luck with Mona.
Out of 100's of flowers at the S&B only 1 Daffodil and one Blue bell is up and flowering. Mom always said to have the potatoes in by good Friday but we were in Yuma. We Can't get my old tiller started, bummer a first in 20 years, it always started on the first pull. Might need to replace the plug. LOL
Not sure if I want a new one or not might just Sod the garden in. We have always had a garden since I was a kid.
I have my heart set on a new pressure washer one with electric start, my right shoulder is shot so I have no pulling power so electric start is a plus.
I need to start replacing Parts on the front end of the MH and the front end of the toad, both have seen there better days.
Joe got the toad unloaded yesterday we just had taken to much stuff. Today I'm going to start unloading the MH. Next year we will know better.
Those on the road be safe,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:45 AM   #4316

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather is nice now but supposed to have thunderstorms later today and tomorrow.
Lynne,
Glad that you made it home safe and sound.
Tim,
You will have a hard time whittling down the amount of stuff that you take every year. Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough.
Rail,
Looking forward to meeting you and Jira. Have a good flight(oops, I mean flights) and will see you when you get here.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #4317

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s yet another beautiful Arizona morning and as usual my coffee’s excellent.

Yesterday’s hiking was a bust. I got to the trailhead and it was pouring rain! Being Arizona the rain didn’t last long but I figured there’s always tomorrow, so here I am today getting ready for my hike.

Charles, about your shed, take Rail’s advice and not mine! I’d forgotten about your 5 year arrangement and Rail’s absolutely right.

Tim, I’m glad to hear you and Joe made it back home okay. It also makes me feel better about traveling long distances in my own vintage RV when others are successful with theirs. I guess in my mind I’m still a little gun-shy over the rod-knock bullet I missed coming back to Texas from Port Angeles Washington last year.

Lynne I’m glad to hear you’re back home. It’s good that you were there for your niece. When my wife Gail died from cancer my brother came through for me big time and he really helped get me through a rough patch.

Not only is my heater working but I received Milepost copy on Monday and my bear spray arrived yesterday. My Alaska adventure is coming together! My only concern now is my auto registration which is expiring at the months end. I applied for my registration on-line but the Polk County vehicle registration folks will only send it to my Livingston TX Escapees address. Escapees will forward it to me but it’s still a lot of hokey-pokey to get done by April 30th.

All y’all take care.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #4318

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi All,

Got a good sleep last night and feel somewhat better. Going to a visitation soon to friend who died last week. Seems like it won't end. I need a break.

Coffee was good this am, went and got a massage. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good and I am very happy to hear that.

Rail, it is gonna happen very soon and then Mona is all yours! So excited for you. Have a safe trip.

I agree that family is very important during tough times like this. Would be nice to be retired right now and be able to spend a month with her.

Weather is still a bit cold but is supposed to warm up tomorrow. I am ready for it.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:22 AM   #4319

Forest River Owners Club
Tim:

A lady friend of ours that has a lake house told us someone advised her to start the pressure washer with the trigger depressed. After that, she gave up the idea of an electric start washer. I hope this helps.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #4320

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Hi All,

Got a good sleep last night and feel somewhat better. Going to a visitation soon to friend who died last week. Seems like it won't end. I need a break.

Coffee was good this am, went and got a massage. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good and I am very happy to hear that.

Rail, it is gonna happen very soon and then Mona is all yours! So excited for you. Have a safe trip.

I agree that family is very important during tough times like this. Would be nice to be retired right now and be able to spend a month with her.

Weather is still a bit cold but is supposed to warm up tomorrow. I am ready for it.

Lynne
Lynne and Jerry;
IMO it is time for the two of you to take the retirement step. Evidence is piling up that our limited time is becoming very precious.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #4321

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree Gordon. I think more and more on retiring sooner rather than later. Russ (my friend's husband) was 57, my nephew Mike was 52.

Problem is I need the insurance and I would greatly deplete saved money to pay for insurance only. I want to travel with my husband and have fun with the money I put away, not spend it all on insurance. It is a no win situation, hoping nothing happens to Jerry or I and we get to actually retire and travel someday. I am only 63 so it is the wrong time. Wish I had gone to work for GM instead of a hospital and I would be done already.

My heart feels heavy right now but I will get past this. While driving to and back from WV I constantly noticed the beauty of the mountains I was driving through. God has done some amazing things in creating this world for us. I thank God daily for the blessing of my husband and the factor that he is still here with me.

There is no simple answer. I will keep looking at it and pray that I do not eat my words anytime soon.

Kiss and hug your loved ones, smile and say a prayer. Lynne

I know my blessings especially when I have lost 2 such young people so recently. Reality is another thing though.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #4322

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mike,
I learned that with my first pressure washer, after almost taken my arm off and the electric start is just a bit more. I really like it with my big sno-thrower.
Thanks
Lynne,
Both my parents worked all there life and then got sick and dad spend 18 years in a nursing home, and mom had countless strokes. They had plans of travel but it never happened. I said it would never happen to me well guess what @ 57 I had to stop working because of health and back issues. I'm spending it myself. Take it as a grain of salt. I hope you have the opportunity to travel and have good health.
JMO,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #4323

Evening all!

Lynne, good that you are home!!

Rail, safe travels!

So, the clock is reset. They announced my retirement today at work, June 30th. Long story short, they offered a good deal and as we get closer to the end date I work less and less. I guess after 46 years, what is 2 months more. As the day went on, I am glad I agreed to the 2 month delay.

I have a bunch of people who have been with me for many years. It was a very tough day, a few were in tears, everyone was so complimentary. It was so touching, so many reached out to me I barely got anything done. I am not good at this sorta stuff,,,, but it was clear if I had left quickly many would have been disappointed. It works out to 2 months less that I am retired and Debbie is at work,,, so it in the end is all good!!

Lynne I absolutely agree, medical is the problem. I just hate to spend the savings on it. For 2 it gets real expensive.

L.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:22 PM   #4324

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! The coffee was very good today!
Well, we went to the temple this morning, and then I came home and packed! Got everything packed up and ready, what I forgot, I will get after we get there! Sounds like a plan to me! We leave from Lampang this afternoon/evening, and will be a long 24 hours of being cramped up in a seat not made for a man that is 6'3" The one thing that having it broken up, with short flights ( 1 1/2 hr., 7 hr., 12 hr., 2 1/2 hr. ) is a good thing!
Lynne, I was very lucky, that I got Jira's government insurance, and it is good for the rest of our life too, at no cost to us, part of the retirement package! It covers Jira and I and her mom too! It is very good insurance also, my co-pay for the whole prostate robotic surgery was about 1k total! It is called a 80/20 plan, but they cover just about everything! Now, why can't the USA have something like that for the people? My co-pay for the whole thing if it happened in the US, would have been over 100k my cost for sure! Probably way more! So, if you can figure out how to retire early, do so and don't look back! You will never get those years back! I'm sure you will figure it all out!
Well, I am off here, so, everyone take care! 0 days!!
Rail!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:52 AM   #4325

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Rail, have a safe flight
Old 04-14-2016, 05:16 AM   #4326

Good morning!

Off you go Rail! Safe flights and hopefully winds in your favor.

53* here this morning, looks partly cloudy.

Today me and Mom visit the lawyer, to start the legal process of changing the property deeds.

The house in the mountains (Near Lake Lure) Dad and my brothers and I built about 12 years ago. It is pretty nice, not big, (about 1,400 sq ft) but it is 3,200 ft above sea level. Nice view. Anyway Dad had a old Case 580B Backhoe up there, it is the extenda hoe model. Mom wants to sell the house so Saturday morning me and 2 friends are headed up there to try and get it running and on a trailer to bring back here. It hasn't run in about 12 months, but it ran well. Problem is last time he used it, the boom cylinder let go.

My friend Larry has a dump truck and trailer that will get it done, once it is running and loaded. We (Larry, my buddy Mark and I) are going to keep it. Anytime one of us need it we are good to go.

Have a great day all!

L.