Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2016, 05:52 AM   #4327

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning.
Lynne,
I understand your reluctance to retire without insurance being paid for. I hope that you can get it worked out so you can get on the road and enjoy the warmth of winter in the south or south west. If you ever need to talk you have my number, you have been going through a lot here lately.
Lloyd,
2 months isn't bad, I can see where the company can use that time to bring someone up to speed to replace you. It also gives you time to wind down and slide into retirement.
Rail,
Your spot is waiting for you, Jira and Mona. 4 more people left yesterday and 1 or 2 are leaving today. Safe travels.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2016, 07:56 AM   #4328

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Rail and Jira - prayers for a safe and comfortable flight. The countdown is done.

We have "free" health care in Alberta. Free is relative as our tax burden is much higher than in the US. Our tax free day is sometime near the end of June. Health care is not for profit here so there is not the high fees for services. Unfortunately with a government run system there seems to be lots of waste. Fortunately for us that our extended medical insurance in the US is quite economical. Janet and I pay about 1400 CDN per year.

Lloyd - I am sure you made a good decision to work another couple months. Hopefully the company will consider this final and come up with a viable succession plan. I carried a business phone for several years. Never had to go in and only provided voice support.

A good friend told me the secret to successful retirement did not happen until you got past the need for professional recognition. It was true for me. Now I wonder how I ever had time to work with all of the things I am now doing.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:42 AM   #4329

Rail
By now you're on your way !!!!!!!
Clear skies , great views and strong tail winds.

Everybody
Do you remember when we were kids , they would cancel school when the temp went below zero or if it snowed a lot ?

Neither do I....................

And remember , the goal is to die with great memories , not dreams...

A boatload of money and plans won't buy you an extra minute of life.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:25 PM   #4330

Winnebago Owners Club
Prophetic words.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #4331

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree, prophet words, just trying to find the balance.

Today was a rough day. My heart is hurting and I feel like I am at my limit. It will get better I know.

Hope you all have a good one, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #4332

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Popeye, I do believe you have hit the preverbal nail on the head.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #4333

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
You know that all of us are here for you when you need to lean on us.
Frank
Old 04-15-2016, 04:51 AM   #4334

Lynne so sorry for what you are going through. Hang in there it will get better. There is a great support group year,,, a couple thousand years of experience.

76 days on my timer. Not too bad. It will go fast.

Popeye, I remember riding to school on the bus with chains on. It took at least 6" of snow to get it to close, and I lived in a very hilly area. I also recall the old bus had vacuum operated wipers. Every hill we went up they would nearly stop, the driver just dealt with it.

When I was in 9th grade, our bus driver installed a radio in the bus. If we sat like ladies and gentlemen, he would turn it on a rock station (AM radio of course) and we all thought that was the coolist!!!

L.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:13 AM   #4335

Dang, I forgot to mention this morning,,, Physical Therapist came yesterday and Deb is now walking in the house without a cane.

She is having some trouble walking normally as she has favored that leg for the past few years due to the knee pain, but she is free to walk about indoors. They recommended she stick with the cane outdoors for another week or so. Future physical therapy is now at their office, as she is also free to drive.

L.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:38 AM   #4336

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, had some rain last night, but nothing drastic, they had ping pong sized hail south of us but thankfully it missed us. Waiting to hear from Rail, he is supposed to get into Tampa around 7:30.
Lloyd,
We are glad that Deb is rapidly progressing, hope that the pain has gone away.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 04-15-2016, 05:48 AM   #4337

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Lloyd, good to see the count down clock is reset and started. Popeye, I drove the same bus run for 20 yrs. if we got snow during the day some of the parents would stand outside with snow shovels and sand so I could get going to the next stop. Glad to hear Deb is getting along with the recovery process. Frank, that hail stuff can be crazy. Nice and sunny here this AM . 28* but temps are going up quick.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:59 AM   #4338

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Picking up new computers today. Now will come the getting used to a new operating system and migrating all of my information to the new one. Wonder how many of my programs will have to be upgraded or replaced because they will not run on 10?

Hope the weather warms up for everyone. Glad you missed the hail Frank. That size and you would be looking for a new unit. I have seen steel garages with holes you could pass a quart jar through because of hail. Softball sized hail that were picked up an put in the freezer after the storm was done. Huge damage.

Not too long before Rail and Jira are in their new MH. Exciting stuff. Hope everything goes well.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:21 AM   #4339
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Lloyd, Glad Deb is moving on to the next step! (pun intended) It sounds like she is following directions from the therapist. Tell to keep at it. We are cheering for her.

The new countdown sounds great. I hope they made it worthwhile for you in some manner. It sound like it is a good group.

Lynne, Sorry for the losses you have seen and experienced recently. It might seem overwhelming at times, but know that those who have passed are in a better place. That may sound meaningless to some, but it means a lot to us. Take a little bit of time to relax and get some rest. It may only be a few extra minutes here or there, or a weekend camping trip, but enjoy life. I'm not good at explaining these things, or giving advice, but I have had experience with a number of losses over the years. Don't isolate yourself and don't be afraid to talk to trusted others about it.

Gordon, We have been avoiding the Windows 10 upgrade, and dreading the change. I have been through many of MS's OS changes over the years, and it is never fun. It always seems to take me a few days to get everything transferred, new programs installed, old programs transferred, mail settings reset, etc., etc. Then, there always seems to be somethings that I missed. It would be great if you could let us know what your experiences are.

I have also heard that some of the features of Windows 10 only work if you sign onto their network. I am not wild about having to be logged onto MS so that all of what I thought I paid for works on my own computer.

Popeye, Saw a photo recently of a hearse pulling a uhaul trailer. Apparently you can take it with you? I am sure it was someone who had purchased an old hears and re-purposed it for a new use. Yes, enjoy life as you can, when you can.

Rail, An Early Welcome to Florida! Hope your flights are going well. Remember that it never rains in Florida. We tell the tourists it is "Liquid Sunshine!" (For those of you who don't know, Florida is known as the "Sunshine State.") There are bound to be some rain showers/storms around this time of year. But, it is still relatively warm in the rain, and much warmer when the clouds depart. Enjoy!

Frank, It appears that you will be the official welcoming party. May we ask you to welcome Rail and family on behalf of our group as well? Thank you!

And, we want to see pictures of Rail, family, and Mona!

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #4340

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

Looking outside I can see that it’s another beautiful sunny Arizona day here in Sierra Vista. I’m on my third cup of coffee and it’s so refreshing and tastes so gooood!

My engines computer began posting an error message the other day. I had it scanned at O’Reilly AP’s and got a P0128 code, defined as a thermostat rationality. My engine has been slow to warm up and I’m guessing that I have a thermostat that’s not closing completely. I purchased a new thermostat last night and I’ll be checking out my old thermostat this morning while it’s cool outside. The Caravan runs great but I understand that the condition can negatively affect gas mileage. I sure don’t want that on a 9,000 mile road trip! Other than the error message snafu, road trip preparations are continuing to go well. Better to have a problem crop up prior rather than during!

Though I realize life’s thrown some heartache and sadness our way, life will do that! Nonetheless, it’s good to read that overall everyone here is doing well. Lynne, in coping with the loss of my wife and yes ever after nearly 5 years I’m still coping, I’ve found that staying active and getting out and about with others really helps to keep my sadness at bay. Early on after Gail died I went to a grief counseling group hosted by an area church. Being a Christian, but generally avoidant of classical religious groups, I was skeptical at first, but found participating in the group to be very helpful.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote