Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #4341

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Charles,
Will do on the official welcoming party, I will try about the pictures, I'm not good with the camera, so maybe I can talk Rita into taking pics and i can post.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #4342
cwk

Frank,

One of the rules that I have learned about photography (at least my version of the rules ) is to take lots of photos. Just keep shooting.

Digital FILM is cheap!

When I take photos of my work, I use a tripod and take a little bit of time to set things up. (My projects are usually quite repetitive, so I learned what seems to work well.) Then I shoot multiple shots. Since these are interior, I try some with room lights on, window shades/blinds closed, room lights off, shades/blinds open partway, all the way, etc., etc. Then when I get back to my office I see what looks best.

When I take photos for fun, I skip the tripod, point and shoot, then point and shoot again, and again, ... I take lots of photos, different angles, different subjects, etc. I try to keep the sun behind me and not to have trees "growing" out of anyone's head. (That's the reason for the different angles.) A lot of them will be throw-away shots. But, there always seems to be a few shots that are surprisingly good.

So, have fun. Point and shoot. A lot! But, don't let the picture taking spoil your fun. If Rail and family want to pose for some photos, great! I think what some of us want to see, in addition to Mona, is the happiness on Rail's face. If picture taking is getting in the way, put the camera down and enjoy.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like I am lecturing. My son can attest to that.

OK, Rail. Get here. Get some rest. Then ENJOY!

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #4343

Thanks Charles, I still think that I will let Rita take the pictures, and I will download and post, lol. Rail should be touching down in about 1/2 hour, then after they get their luggage, about an hour drive to their motel, so they will be exhausted.
Frank
Old 04-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #4344
cwk

Frank,

Those photography comments were not meant to be specifically aimed at you.

It's just how I think about taking pictures. I am NOT a professional photographer, have not even taken a single photography course, but just know what works for me.

Yup. Once in a while I accidentally seem to stumble and land on a soap box and cannot resist the temptation to ramble on about something.

("But, I meant it in a positive manner!")

I'm sure Rita will get some good photos.

Enjoy your time with Rail and family! The rest of us will watch from afar and wish we were there.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #4345

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Rail, You here yet? Hope you all had a great trip and get rested up so you can play with Mona. You have got to be on pins and needles at this point. Hopefully you get back to 6' 3" when you get to stand up finally.

Frank, Thank you for the offer of talking. I have been talking to friends here at home and God. He seems to help me most but the friends here on this forum are one of my most treasured resources. Everyone has great advice and prayers. Good wishes, and just an understanding ear.

Sandy and Connie are doing ok. It takes time and the wounds are very new and raw. I have been working pretty much everyday. Work through Tuesday before a day off and finish up my classes Thursday night.

I think some of the best pictures I have taken is when people are just doing whatever they wanted and not posing. The unplanned smiles, laughs, or frowns tend to be priceless. I like best the imperfect pictures.

Getting some work done on the MH. It is in the driveway right now and makes me want to go camping. It was 70 today and it is SO tempting. Still getting real cold at night though. Soon, very soon.

Going to go, you all have a good weekend. Keep safe, get a hug, and eat some pie. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #4346

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well everyone, we are in Spring Hill, Fl. checked in to the Holiday Inn Express! Dave picked us up, and took us by to see Mona, first thing! He was as excited as I was! She is a beauty! She fired right up, and spurred like a kitten! It was after dark, so no pic's, but will get plenty tomorrow! Man, time for bed, I am wore out! Jet lag setting in!
Old 04-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #4347
cwk

Rail,

Welcome! Couldn't wait, huh? Now you can get some sleep knowing that Mona is patiently awaiting your return in the morning.

We are excited for you! Enjoy!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:46 AM   #4348

Awesome Rail! Glad you are here safe a sound and had a moment to meet Mona! Very cool.

Get some rest, I am waiting for the pics.

51* here, headed to the mountains this morning to get Dad's ole backhoe, part of the prep to sell the house there. Should be interesting, hasn't run in a long time, boom cylinder is leaking badly, has no brakes, and is 3,200 ft up on the mountain.....

Have a great day all.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:36 AM   #4349

Good Morning Everyone! It's a beautiful day, going to be warm today plenty of sun . I feel like Martin Luther King, "Free at Last, Free at Last, Thank God Almighty I'm Free at Last" ! Got our shop empty and rid of that snake that was choking the life out of Sally and I. Rail , keep us informed when you get up here! Now I get to go thru all the crap from the shop that is on my lawn under tarps and get ready for the big garage sale to get rid of all that we don't need. What doesn't sell gets donated or to the dump. Going to meet up with some guys that want to rent one of the houses this morning, hope we can hammer out a deal, that will be one less headache and maybe make some money on it instead of laying out $9500 a year in taxes letting it stay MT, LOL! Prayers to all that are hurting and ill, Bobby
Old 04-16-2016, 06:26 AM   #4350

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. Weather is iffy, spotty rain today.
Lynne,
The offer stands whenever you need us.
Rail,
Your spot is waiting for you, just drive over. Call me when you are getting ready to come over, the downtown roads are closed due to the blueberry festival, I will tell you an alternate route to get here tht will be easier with Mona. 330-550-1790
Charles,
I took what you said as friendly advise on a better way to do the photos, so no problems. I just don't care to take pictures.
Bobby,
Glad that you got the shop cleaned out, one step closer to enjoying yourself and being able to travel around this beautiful country.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 04-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #4351

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Rail, good to hear your here, (well there) safe and sound. Enjoy Mona today. All the pics I post are taken with my phone seems to work okay for me. Nice and sunny this AM .
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #4352

Winnebago Owners Club
We had to purchase new computers this week because our online banking would no longer accept Windows Vista. So we were thrown into the jaws of Windows 10 and it is a nightmare of a learning curve! Progress(?) at times is really screwing up enjoying retirement.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:12 AM   #4353

Winnebago Owners Club
One more thought on Windows 10. Guess which browser did not work with Chase? The windows 10 browser has some bugs so in order to get the online banking to work we had to switch the browser to google chrome! Like I said above, it is a complete nightmare.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:46 AM   #4354

H-12 Mike, it is weird to me why your Vista didn't work with Chase anymore as ours still does up here in NY with Chase? I dread buying any new computers because of Windows 10 also, I guess Microsoft is taking the "Personal Computer" out of Personal Computing whether we like it or not! So much so that the "Land of the Free" is turning into the Land of the FEE as they did with Office 365! Bobby