Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:48 AM   #4355

Goooodmorning all y'all!!!

And welcome back Rail! I can't wait to read about your new adventures with Mona.

Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 08:31 AM   #4356

Winnebago Owners Club
Keep watching your sign in for a banner! I think the deadline is May9th.

H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #4357

Sorry been out of loop for a week due to annual training...

Lynne so sorry to hear about your loss but it is a testament to to your character which we all hope and strive for......bless you and your family....

Rail tell Jira congrats on retirement from us here as well....we have been looking into it really close and it looks like 2018 may be the year if the wife doesn't promote any more. Glad you got here safe and sound and met Mona really looking forward to the pics but just enjoy her...

Coffee is very good this morning. Well yesterday was a 16 hour day at MD Anderson but got my first round of maintenance done and it actually only takes 30 minutes but getting the pharmacy to do their job is a pain. Had a bone marrow aspiration done so in a week we will know if the leukemia is still in remission which we expect it to be..

Hope bap is doing well whether or not he makes it to Oklahoma before the 4th doesn't matter as long as his plans are coming along as he wants...

Well everyone have a safe and fun filled day....remember to enjoy life that is what it is here for....

Mk
Old 04-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #4358

Rail
Good to see you got here safe.
Hope you didn't need that raincoat....maybe tonight you get to sleep with Mona ! Happy Trails ...

Lynne
Hope you all have a happy thought day , we're all here to help , just ask.

Bobby
Must feel great to get outta there ! Keep at it and the wait will be worth it! It's true I tell ya !

MK
Wishing your tests turn up nothing !

H 12 Mike
That's weird that Vista won't work with your bank maybe your A-Virus ? I still have my old Vista and will be loading Ubuntu on it when end of support comes in 2017.
I'm not a big fan of the way MS seems to think we want them to be in control of our computers with W10 instead of us !
Aside from that I don't think W 10 will be any harder than Vista for you to figure out. It does seem to have some nice features , even if you have to be signed into your MS account to use some of them !
Let us know how it goes...
(ME-I'm still holding on to my Vista (2017)+ W7 (2020) as long as possible !!)

Gordon
Let us know how W 10 goes for you too.

Frank
MMMMMMMM blueberries !

Terry
Good weather is here ! Probably going to be a busy time for you playing catch up after all the crap weather we've been having lately. Hope you're not too busy to snap some pics ! OOPS , may have spoke too soon see rain for here monday ,,,,probably sunday for you ! Well , its warmer anyway......
Old 04-16-2016, 01:34 PM   #4359

Winnebago Owners Club
So far the setup is going OK. Still lots of things to do to migrate from my 7 machine to the new computer. Had a bit of a struggle with McAffee. No longer a problem as I downloaded a program called Remove McAffee. That program works fine.

McAffee was trying to update. After 12 hours it was still searching for an update. That seemed to be tying up everything else.

Put the windshields back on the bikes. Have to take them off for clearance in the stacker. SUV is too tall so . . . . . Am getting good at taking the windshields off and re-installing. Riding to the bike club meeting tomorrow.

Lots of little tasks on the list for today.

Hope to see picture soon of Mona. Exciting.

Have a great day.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #4360

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon Gang,

Rail, so glad you got to see Mona and get some sleep. The time difference travel is so exhausting but worth it to see some of the places you cannot drive to. Pics as soon as you can please. I want to see your smiling face.

Bobby, Yeeeehaaaaa! Glad you are getting out from under all the "STUFF" and getting ready to spend some time relaxing and playing because you two sure deserve it. Have a great time.

Windows 10. Got it, wish MS would choke on their upgrades! I have adjusted to it though so it wasn't too hard. Nuff said.

MK, It's been a bit difficult. I normally throw most things off but loosing family and friends is not one of them. My niece Sandy's neighbor said he has never seen such unselfish love that she showed Mike. He really admired how hard she worked to take care of him and how hard he fought to live for her. She is a strong lady and I am proud of her for how she has gotten through this. I am just very glad that I was with her when he died so she was not alone.

That is what family and friends are for, to help when the hard times hit. Whether you need a shoulder or a prayer, you turn to them. That is why I come here. I come here to relax and relate. You all feel like family to me. Thank you for the support.

Jerry and I brought the MH home on Wednesday. Jerry cut a bigger (wider) opening for the new radio. He is going to install it when the wiring harness arrives. We are looking for a TV and a way to install that so it is secure and won't fall off. I have had several ideas and I think the last one will be the fix. Will do pictures when we get to that. Got the lighter fixed (to use for a GPS connection). Course, the new radio has a USB port that can also be used and a Bluetooth.

Otherwise, it is 74 outside and sunny! YEA! YEA! I love it! Hope you all are doing well. Take care my friends and thank you for being here when I needed you the most. When we all get retired finally, we all need to meet up and visit.

Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #4361

Has anyone been in contact with Jay?
I know his property in OK is just that , property.
He's got a LOT of site prep and building to do .
So that would be a possible reason he's been quiet.....

I know Woodward is just east of the corner of the panhandle.
I'm looking at TWC and another wave of severe weather is passing through that way . Sending anti-twisty karma that way........

Does anyone know the GPS #s for the ranch?
Maybe we could see it on Google Earth.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #4362

Yes Lynne and Popeye, i'm learning, it is so energizing to finally let stuff go! Actually got going this morning and sorted thru all the crap and put the salable stuff downstairs for the garage sale and moved the other junk to the driveway to get rid of, will be well worth bribing our sanitation engineers to take it so I never have to touch it again! Also got to do my first cut on the lawn and it looks great! Will enjoy this uncluttering as it will let me concentrate on more worthy things. Bobby
Old 04-17-2016, 06:35 AM   #4363

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Rail, Jira and Mona are here across from us, they got here after dark so no pics yet. A big learning experience for all the systems on the coach, have a few items to check out with Rail.
Will have more info later,
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #4364

Good morning all!

49* here, I cannot find a cloud, Carolina blue sky!

The backhoe is here,,,, it was a project. The battery was so toasted it wouldn't start with my big battery charger on boost. We took the battery out of my truck, and she fired up. However then it wouldn't move, no hydraulics. Nothing moved. Long story short fluid was low, filled it, and nothing, spent time wondering what the heck, checked the fluid low again, 4-5 of those iterations and it swallowed 5 gallons and started working. One of 2 boom cylinders was leaking real bad. Chained up the boom, and after some fancy maneuvers got her on the trailer. Unloading here was also a challenge, but got it all done. The machine runs great,,, needs 2 cylinder repacked, and a front tire is flat (has a tube in it) and I think it will do some work. But, it is out of the yard in the mountains, which was the mission.

A busy day on this thread yesterday. I hope we see pics from Rail today. I would have done the same, went and met Mona, then got some sleep.

I don't think we will make Oklahoma, just too much on the schedule this year. Hope Jay is okay.

Bobby, when my Dad passed 4 weeks ago I joined you with your challenge. There is A LOT of stuff in his house and 2 sheds in the mountains about 100 miles from here. And a 12x12 storage unit stacked to the ceiling. I got some cleaning up to do!

I work for one of the BIG banks,,, security and safety is our number one goal now. The government has created a ton of safety and soundness regulations, and they check them frequently. Our websites are getting tighter and tighter to prevent hacking etc.. Same with our desktop and mobile device applications. Vista and others will be out. They have to avoid another 2008 mess.

Have a great day all! Junior is coming over to help me sort through some of Dad's stuff.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #4365

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s another beautiful sunny Sierra Vista morning. Coffee’s great as usual, I’m about ready to begin my third cup.

Yesterday, after taking a hike that visited the remains of an pioneer’s former Huachuca Mountain homestead, I worked on prepping my Caravan for my Alaska trip. I removed the passenger seat and turned it around backwards so I could use it as an interior easy chair/recliner. It’s not a bad modification but after trying it out I didn’t realize enough of a benefit so I reinstalled back to normal.

I can’t wait to see photos of Rail’s new Mona. I’m really excited for him! Man alive though, I bet that jet lag has temporarily turned his brain to toast.

Bobby, isn’t that feeling of relief wonderful when you start shedding some of your extraneous “stuff”. There’s a lot of truth in the old saying “A man’s biggest burden is his possessions.”

I’m glad that all y’all are making progress on your various projects and have some summer adventures planned. BTW, I’d love to read about some of those plans!

Steve
Old 04-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #4366

Yeah this unloading has opened my eyes to better possibilities! I am going to sort thru all my tools and set up our Hi top handicapped van with my tools to make it easier to maintain our house and the 2 rental houses. Will be a ton of quadruplicates and more to sell at the garage sale as whenever I had a helper they could never find the tools I wanted, so i'd just go buy more! Glad that is over. Want to get out and enjoy the MH and the pickup, when the crap gets in the trash this week I'll be able to get the pickup out of the garage and hope the sun will tighten the new top up, and get a few of the wrinkles out of it! Enjoy the weather guys and gals, it's getting better! Bobby
Old 04-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #4367

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Will be checking the thread quite often looking for pictures. Have decided to reset the computers and see if I can solve the problems. Janet's computer will not update. Mine did after I removed McAffee. Will start both over and remove McAffee before doing anything else. Will have lots of time to check the thread.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #4368

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

Another beautiful, over 70, sunny day and I am loving it so very much! Work was nice for a change as in not too busy.

I agree with trimming down the stuff. We think we need all this stuff and then it starts to weight us down. My goal this summer is to get rid of all the extra and not needed items in this house to prepare for retirement. I also don't want our kids to have to deal with all this stuff.

Jerry's Mom died and stuff went in the basement. My Mom died and stuff went into the basement. Kids moved out and didn't take everything with them. I have told the kids that they have until this summer (early) and then it goes with all of the other stuff.

Just want it ready so when I retire it will be taken care of if we decide to go out fulltime and won't have to deal with it then to sell the house. All needs to go anyway. Someone can use it.

Rail and Frank must be busy playing with Mona. I remember the excitement well of first viewing my rig. Still feel that when we got her out of storage. Can't wait until first camping trip which will be soon.

Awaiting a bid on replacing the windows on the rig. Getting the levelers repaired, parts on order so should be done soon. Eventually it will all get done and then we just have to maintain it and use it.

Hope you all have a great day. Anyone heard from Bap (Jeff)? I know Jay is missing too, hope they are both all right and prayers out to them all including Curtis.

Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote