Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #4411

Rail, glad you have Frank and Rita there to give you assistance and a good meal! Miss both of them much! Now you have Sally and I thinking about finding our own "Mona" as it is so nice! But I think i'll take my time as we only broke our Chieftain in last year on her maiden voyage and I think she has a few more trips in her, unless we find the "right one" and someone gives us almost the $5000 we have in her, LOL! Looking forward to hooking up with you and Jira and Terry and Eleanor when you get up here. Missed going to my Mom's 97th last week so will be stopping in Binghamton then going up near Terry's. Got a lot done today , but still need to do more before I can even get the pickup out of the garage. Need to get going on it as I have to fabricate some type of plate for my towbar and something to hook the driveshaft to when we are towing it, so I don't drop it out on the street at 65! Hopefully we will see Rita and Frank next winter. Be well everyone! Bobby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #4412

Winnebago Owners Club
Good photos. Good to put faces to the names.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:43 AM   #4413

Good morning!

Rail, Wow, close call with the water heater! Glad you got it shutoff quickly. Sounds like all the big bugs are worked out. Not at all bad for a coach that age. Our punch list was bigger than that. Please keep us posted on your road trip.

Great to see the pics, nice shots, Yep,,,, that is Frank and Rita in the background!!!

Tim, I don't know how much you have traveled this country, but if you leave for the south earlier and come back latter maybe you can spend some time along the way checking it out. The national parks in the south west are awesome and plentiful.

Gordon, I am surprised how far along spring is up there in the far North. We had a freeze here only a week ago.

Have a great day all, 71 days till retirement!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:02 AM   #4414

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. Sorry to see Rail and Jira leaving, but we don't want to be selfish and share them with some of you guys.
Popeye,
its all good brother, no offense meant.
Bobby,
We miss you guys also, hopefully we will see you next season.
Lloyd,
Retirement countdown sounds great, gives you the time to get your mind into the correct mode.
Going to be a busy week, we have appointments and packing up, washing and waxing the 5er plus wrapping up things in the park so we don't leave the guys here with a lot to do when we go. Today is washing the roof, man will I be glad to get out from underneath the old PinOaks.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:28 AM   #4415
cwk

Good morning, all!

Been very busy with work this week and have not had time to visit here.

Rail, Safe travels and thanks for the photos. Not having a Class A yet ourselves, I was excited to see someone get a "new" one and share photos. It looks great!

Lynne, Glad things at work are a bit slower. At least I think that's what you said a few days ago. I hope everything else is going well also. Life can be demanding at times, but we persevere.

Terry, Good news on the VPM so far with no codes. Hope it stays that way when you hook up the TH.

Bobby, I have a few more years before I will need to liquidate my work equipment. It's interesting to hear your thoughts as you go through this process. Sometimes it seems that the equipment runs me, instead of the other way around.

Frank, Thanks for taking good care of Rail. Rita's home cooked meal was a very nice touch as well. After all of the work of finding Mona, buying her, getting themselves here, and getting Mona ready for the road, I am sure Rail is thankful for two wonderful folks like you and Rita. BTW, we are still digesting a lot of what you and Rita taught us during our visit.

Popeye, I hope the weather continues to improve. Living in FL, I do not miss the snow storms and ice. I do remember growing up with a lot of it. But, it seems like this year was a particularly nasty one.

Tim, How is the four-legged one? Did it have any more issues that required honey? We are hoping for the best.

LLoyd, How is Debbie doing with her new knee? By this time she should be running circles around everyone? Well, maybe not running! It sounds like everything is coming along fine. Good luck on the new countdown to retirement.

Steve, How are your trip plans coming along? As I mentioned a while back, I have not been on any of those roads since the 1970's. I would love to share the experience with my wife (I was single then) sometime in the future. For now, I will enjoy hearing about the travels of other folks that I "know" from the group. I do enjoy this group. It reminds me that there are other things out there besides my own little world of work.

Speaking of work, I have some loooong days still ahead of me for the next 2 months. And a lot of deadlines to meet. The new building is in the hands of the engineers, the permitting department, and the contractor. Currently I am in wait mode for a week or so until the approvals are made. Then the slab can be poured and I can see some progress. I still have some decisions to make, but that will all happen when necessary. Thanks to all of the advice from the group.

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #4416

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
"Tim, How is the four-legged one? Did it have any more issues that required
honey? We are hoping for the best."

Yes twice and it worked both times. Now that we are back at the S&B we can get her into the vet to see whats up. Thanks for asking.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #4417

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Rail, You and Jira have a safe and beautiful trip. Mona needs to stretch her tires and you two have things to see. Glad you are here safe and sound and know meeting Frank and Rita was great fun.

Sounds like everyone else is just getting through life. It is settling down here. Today is my husband's birthday so going to take him out for breakfast. His golf league starts tonight and the temps dropped down to 45. It's not great but better than freezing and white stuff. Better go and get him fed.

You all have a great day. Keep safe and happy! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #4418

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s sunny cool and beautiful outside and my coffee’s excellent.

Yesterday I went on my weekly 4.4 mile hike. Typically the same folks go on this hike so I’ve gotten to know some of them pretty well. During a hiking break I was telling one of my hiking friends about some of my Alaska trip plans and how I was going to leave my RV in a storage lot while I’m gone. He’s got a house out in the country on four acres and he promptly offered to let me store my RV and motorcycle at his place while I’m gone. Wow! Good things keep happening. A fellow on another website suggested I review the vandweller website for ideas on making my Caravan more comfortable, and on a budget no less! Things just keep getting better and better. God must really want me to take this Alaska trip!!!

As much as I like Sierra Vista, it’ll be good to get away for a while. I’m think that upon my return to Sierra Vista in June I’ll pack up my RV and head to Ruidoso NM and just kick back for a month while I decide where to go next.

It’s good to read that so many people on this thread are surmounting their troubles and having good things happen in their lives.

Steve
Old 04-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #4419

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,

Rita and I want to thank all of you for saying such nice things about us. We enjoy sharing our experiences with all of you, and feel fortunate that we are able to meet so many of you. We have enjoyed it very much and hope to continue meeting more of you.
The people on this site and Total Rebuild are like family to us and hope that this continues for many, many years to come.
Frank and Rita
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #4420

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Frank having met you I know you and Rita would help out if anyone needed it, I have learned alot from you (and others here) and appreciated the advice and thoughts thru the site here, just goes to show how much this Forum works. Steve, it sounds like everything is coming together for your trip that's great! Lynne, tell your DH happy birthday and many more. Another nice day here, 60* and sunny
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #4421

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
We are stopped for the night here in Savannah, Ga. We stopped at a Wal-Mart for groceries, and found a great spot, out in the corner of their lot, out of the way, so just going to stay here! Mona is running good, and everything is working good! The generator fired right up today, and is still running smoothly! Jacks worked flawlessly! And the water heater is working as it should! Mona is a blast to drive, and just floats down the road effortlessly! Frank and Rita took very good care of us, and we hated to leave! Lloyd, are you going to be around this weekend?
We are going to Jira's cousin's house for a couple of days, then we are heading north! We could stop by, if you are going to be home. No big deal if not!
Everyone have a great day, what is left of it! Rail & Jira!!
Old 04-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #4422

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

It actually warmed up to the 60's today and the sun came out to shine. I love the sunshine.

After breakfast Jerry and I took the MH for a drive about 20 minutes North to fill the propane tank. Figured get it done so when we go camping we won't run out. We only used about a third of a tank last summer. I plan to empty it this summer.

It was so nice driving the MH. I am so ready for this. Elroy just floats down the road. The guy who originally owned the rig was named Elroy so it just kind of fits.

We then drove another 40 minutes SouthWest to have a guy look at the windows. He said no problem replacing them. The passenger side has a broken seal on the double pane. He will take the window frame apart and have the pane fixed (replace the glass because it is etched) and then put it back together. Should have an appointment next week to get that done. They are only about 25 minutes from the house.

New control panel for the levelers is here and going in Saturday. Hopefully this resolves the one jack that won't come down.

Rail, glad everything is running good. Have a safe trip Sounds like the rest of you are doing fine. I agree Frank, it was great meeting you and Rita here in MI and whenever we meet someone from this thread it is like family. Won't be too long and you two will be going down the road again. Have a safe trip.

Take care! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #4423
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
We are stopped for the night here in Savannah, Ga.
But, your location says "Currently Thailand"! I guess I need a geography lesson?

Anyway, great to hear things are going well. Enjoy!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #4424

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rail, So glad Mona running well and all is working as it should, I was going to suggest not to park close to someone in case the water heater did a flame out , just kidding . I can still see that.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote