Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #4425

Hi All!

Wow, busy forum today.

Charles, Deb is doing good, still in physical therapy,,, but no more cane. Has 112 degrees of movement in the knee, headed for 120. She feels pretty good, but has to pace herself if she over does it gets sore. Thanks for asking!

Dang Rail, I am going to miss you. I am headed out with 2 buddies on a motorcycle trip tomorrow at noon,,, I'll be back Sunday. Will you be down the road by then? Would love to meet you'all and see Mona!

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2016, 08:49 PM   #4426

Winnebago Owners Club
Evening;
Rail and Jira: Glad Mona is working as expected. Always great to sit in the 'captains' seat and have a great drive.

Lynne - I think Elroy was also one of the Blues Brothers. One of my favorite movies and sound tracks.

Charles - good catch on the location. Seems the tectonic plates are moving much quicker than previously.

Did some pruning, watering and tilled the garden today. Made some rice crispy squares last night. Time for another round of QA.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:04 AM   #4427

Good morning!

64* here, overcast but the prediction is no rain. I am leaving this afternoon with 2 buddies to ride up into the mountains on our motorcycles. We are headed to a real nice motorcycle resort called Iron Horse. It is in Stecoah, NC, a very nice area close by the Smokey Mountains National Park. Great riding in the area,,,, those who ride will know it is near the Tail of the Dragon. Anyway, it should be fun.

Hope I can connect with Rail, but it sounded like he has to head out before Sunday.

My neighbor is in the fence business, he has a skidsteer with an attachment that pounds fence posts in the ground. Yesterday it broke, the hammer plate cracked. He came buy and we welded it back together last night. Well some dummy welder forgot to put his welding jacket on,,,,the plate is 1 3/4" thick, welding over 200 amps......... so my left arm was bare and is now VERY red! Ouch! It will be awhile before I do that again! Anyway he should be able to go back at it today.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:57 AM   #4428

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, it is sad that Rail and Jira are not here, but we are happy that they are tearing up the highways and byways in Mona.
Lynne,
Tell Jerry HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Rita and I. Glad that you got to exercise Elroy, that means spring is here and that you can go have relaxing times around campfires.
Lloyd,
Sorry that you are going to miss Rail and Jira, maybe next time.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #4429

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Good day yesterday. Visit to the Dr and everything is fine. Have to go back for another test for high potassium but more likely a lab issue than me.

Lloyd - have stayed at Iron Horse a number of times. Always enjoyed their facility and hosting. First time we watched the Worlds Fastest Indian was there.

More yard work today. Supposed to rain on the weekend. Well 40% chance of showers so not holding my breath and continuing to water. Asparagus is up and will start harvesting in a few days.

Everyone have a grand day.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:37 AM   #4430

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

As usual it’s a beautiful sunny day, the kinda day that spoils a person and turns them into a weather wimp.

I’m conflicted regarding my trip route from the Canadian border to Dawson Creek. I can play it safe/easy and drive the Alberta prairies from Calgary to Edmonton and then west to Dawson Creek or I can take what on the map appears as a more direct route through the Canadian Rockies via Banff and Jasper. Though it looks shorter it’s about 100 miles longer and I have to figure that’s because it’s a more tortuous “scenic route”. I’m in no hurry, but one can get too much of a good thing. I must research it better before I decide. “My dear people take not the easy path, but rather take the long hard path of righteousness!” Easy or righteous, what shall I do, what shall I do?

I have a 3pm hike planned, it may be a little hot (says Steve the weather wimp!) and a fellow hiker’s not going, a sweet lady who plays her flute at rest stops. It’s like hiking with Pan sans the horns and hoofs. I’ll miss Holly’s flute playing.

It’s good to read that folks here are getting excited about their summer travel plans and they’re getting their health issues taken care of.

Still here in the land of sunny days, starry starry nights and ZZ Top wannabees.

Steve
Old 04-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #4431

Gordon,
Glad that you got a good report from the doc., hopefully the high potassium is no big deal and can be readily taken care of.
Frank
Old 04-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #4432

Steve
Flip a coin and then do whatever you wanted to do before you flipped !

Lynne
Wasn't Elroy the boy's name on the Jetsons? "His boy Elroy" yeah , I know the whole thing , I have an idetic memory for music ,(it's a blessing AND a curse )
Get "er done and get on out !
We'll all be right here in case you get lost and that OLD guy won't stop to ask for directions! Just kidding Jerry happy birthday RU an old fart yet ?? , we all age at the same speed .......
Lloyd
I think the Iron Horse used to advertise in Workamper News ,,,, maybe you should ask if you can be an employee ?

Next time put on the jacket !

And tell Deb if she keeps that up she's going to be able to catch you before long and then.......well , never mind !

Gordon
There are actually 2 Blues Brothers movies.. the other one is Blues Brothers 2000 (lots more great tunes), check it out if you ever get done with the yard work !
BTW it was Jake + Elwood Blues!

Gaaawwwwd , I'm so glad I don't have to do any of that yard stuff anymore .

Rail
I know you can drive OK , but watch out for idiots !!!!!!
You're finally getting some miles under Mona's belt(s)
Make like a tourist and stoppp for anything that might be interesting
Don't worry we won't start calling you a foreign tourist !!!......unless you start wearing one of those old SLR camera's and stop other people asking "hey meestah , you takee pictcha of me N missy ?"
Old 04-21-2016, 05:30 PM   #4433

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
^^^^^^^^^^^
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:08 PM   #4434

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Popeye. Well at least I was close. Had the first letter right and identified the rest of the letters from the correct alphabet. LOL. Anyway we were able to get to Universal City (I think) where they had a Blues Brother show. Loved it as well as the car.

Yard work is not bad . . . . well I like the results better than the work. We have the plums and the grand daughters and I go out to collect them. I shake the tree and they pick up the ripe plums that fall. Also make raspberry syrup, crab apple syrup and then there is the asparagus patch. MMMMM and fresh rhubarb for pie. And cherries for pie. And strawberry jam. Will be keeping at this for a few more years.

My view of a tourist is some old guy (none of us qualify) wearing plaid Bermuda shorts with knee high white socks and white tennis shoes. That and a camera. Hmm I better be careful. I asked Janet to get me a couple pair of almost plaid shorts for golfing. But as none of us qualify I am safe for a few more years.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:37 PM   #4435
cwk

Good evening, all!

Work has been keeping both of us quite busy lately. I've been doing the 12-14 hour thing for the last few days trying to catch up. One of my major pieces of equipment had a minor wiring issue. I lost about a half day trouble-shooting and performing "emergency maintenance" on possible causes. Once I found the broken wire at a connector that was arcing (intermittent problems are always the toughest to find), the actual repair took about 10 minutes. All is well now. What was frustrating was I had the same issue about 5 years ago with a connector but I didn't remember.

Our search for a Class A is in slow motion right now. We are still learning and digesting what we have been taught by the crew here. Thanks!

I do have a few questions that pertain to layout and creature features.

1) When did flat screen, digital TV's start to appear in Class A's? Or, maybe a better way: When did the old style tube TV's disappear?

2) When did King Size beds become available?

I wish there was a way to search some of the websites (rvtrader, PPL) with more fields than those available. Don't get me wrong. The search features are good. But, I would like to search on "king bed" or some other criteria. Looking through the verbal descriptions (e.g., on PPL) a lot of folks don't even list the size bed in the coach. I guess they assume everyone has a queen bed.

I do like PPL's site where I can view the floorplans first. I really like that feature. Since layout is so important, I can quickly spot possible coaches.

Well, time to get some sleep and start again in the morning. We are getting prepared for two project deliveries on Saturday that will include over 700 miles of drive time towing the cargo trailer mainly down I-75.

Frank, I will wave as I pass going south in the AM and going north in the evening. No time to stop as I need to get the crew home before they turn into pumpkins. Or, mice. Or, something.

Hope everyone had a great day and are ready for another one tomorrow!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:06 AM   #4436

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is beautiful right now, partly cloudy slight breeze(about 2 - 3mph) and upper 60's, although, a chance of rain and thunderstorms later this afternoon( of course, I am washing the trailer).
Charles,
I have a flat screen in my 2007 from the factory, but it is not digital. I wouldn't worry about the TV, the are cheap enough that you can just switch them out. I am not sure about the king bed, but they were an option in the alfa's in 2007, probably 2009, 2010 they were more prevalent. I waved as you went by this morning.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 04-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #4437
cwk

Good morning, all!

Frank, I'm not concerned about the cost of replacing an old flat-screen TV. However, changing the cabinetry from the old style tube TVs to a flat panel is more of a pain. I just thought if I have a choice, it would be easier to find a coach with the right cabinetry configuration. OK, call me "lazy" on this one.

We are finding some floorplans that we seem to like: king bed, no step at bed-side, 1.5 bath, large shower, W/D, decent kitchen counter space, dinning table instead of built-in dinette, less couches instead of more, recliners, etc. Some are in the newer Newmar's with a higher price tag. But, we are not ready yet. Still have work days in front of us. Meanwhile, someone else may be paying the depreciation on "our new coach" for us.

By the way, you can wave again tomorrow. I guess my last post was disjointed. The I-75 trip is Saturday.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:43 AM   #4438

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone!
Well we made it to Jira's cousins restaurant yesterday in Myrtle Beach! She fed us good, and we had to pack most of it back to Mona! I am getting the hang of driving Mona, and have figured out the 6 speed transmission. If I press the mode button, it will stay in 6th gear and pull the hills very well! Before, it would downshift to 5th, and lose your momentum. I still have a few things to sort out, but for a 20 year old MH she is doing great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461328920022.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	124867