Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:08 AM   #4453

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Sure needed the HOT coffee this am as it got down to 32 last night and everything was a bit frosty this AM. Yow, I want warm weather.

Frank, Do a lot of the CG's, RV parks down in sunny Florida or South in general empty when it gets warmer? Not having done this before, I wonder.

With the TV upgrades. Our opening is just shy of a 32 inch flat screen. I won't go down to a 24 inch so we have to mount the TV on the outside of the original opening. We are playing with different ideas. There is a solid piece of 1 1/2 inch wood at the bottom. I think a bracket to hold the TV could be put here. I would have to add a piece of wood to the trim for the cabinet since the TV is shorter than the opening. Figured paint it black and not worry about matching the wood trim. This would also allow me to add straps to hold the TV for when driving down the road. We've looked all over and can't find a TV that is 27 inches wide and that is what we need.

I've seen videos of TVs mounted on the trim and fixed with a piano hinge so the TV and trim opened like a door. I don't think we have enough clearance for this. There is a lot of space behind the flat screen that is wasted when it is fixed but figure that is just the way it is.

Hope all are well. Those on the road keep safe, those at home same thing. Take care, Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #4454

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
It rained all night here, and waited till after we were all set up! This morning cloudy, but just a scattered shower or two around. Well time to round up some breakfast and hit the road! Everyone have a great day!

Old 04-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #4455

Coffee is great this morning. ....

Lynne those sound like great ideas for mounting a TV with the piano hinge I really like that alot. Hope the chill finally goes away for ya. It's 10 am here and 70 so it's a great start but the heat is coming only been up to the mid to upper 80's so far but it will get hotter soon...

Rail sounds like the weather knows how to cooperate with ya. Sure looks as if you and Jira are really enjoying your trip. Glad Mona is performing well sounds like the previous owner took care of her....was wondering if your gonna keep Mona or sell her after your trip like last year.....if ya can I vote keep her I for one would love to know that I had a coach for whenever I wanted it.....I am sure alot of people here would help out with storing her for ya I know I would.....

Well wife's job has her moving to a new office so we get to go move furniture and do some mods to a table I built that she wants to use as a desk so safe travels everyone and enjoy life

Mk
Old 04-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #4456

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I awoke late this morning to another beautiful sunny Arizona day. Yep, another beautiful sunny Arizona day, who would’a thunk it! My morning coffee’s very good as usual.

Yesterday I tried to help a neighbor replace the spark plugs on his 460 Ford powered 1989 Class C with an E-350 chassis but was unsuccessful. I gave up on plugs 1, 2 & 5. The brain surgeons at Ford buried them so deep in engine, firewall and frame clutter that I don’t know how anyone could change the plugs (and wires) short of pulling the engine . I’ve owned a few Mercedes in my life and was always impressed with their obvious serviceability . Why can’t other auto manufacturers do the same?

Ah well, I’ve been ranting about inconsiderate engineering for over 50 years and it only seems to get worse .

Steve

Maybe when automotive engineers retire they go to work for Captcha!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #4457

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon All, Steve you was lucky that it wasn't a newer ford they actually make a tool to remove the spark plug that they know is going to break , yup I have the tool. Some of the trucks take upwards of 10 hrs to change the plugs, and the plugs cost close to 20.00 a piece.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:29 PM   #4458

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a 5.4. I think you have to take the fuel rail off to change the spark plugs. Also each spark plug has a coil so you have to be really careful not to break anything. Only had to replace one coil so far. Not cheap.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #4459

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Well, the left side, front and back , awning and about 8' of the right side are washed and all but the 8' on the right waxed. The awning is washed both sides and put away, busy day, filling about 1/3 of the fresh water tank right now.
Lynne,
Yes, most of the parks are pretty well cleaned out by the 1st of May, then a few come back in October, but most between the 1st of November and the 5th of Jan.
Did you try a 28" TV, it might work where the 32" doesn't. You also might try a swing out wall bracket to get behind the TV, and it lets you support a little better.
Steve,
I am a firm believer that the engineers that design these things should have to work on them before they go into production, that would eliminate a lot of the BS that goes on.
Rail,
Hope you had a pleasant travel day, let us know where you are tomorrow morning. Safe travels.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:21 PM   #4460

Frank , Gordon ,Terry and Steve
Those engineers get a bonus if they design something that can only be done at a dealership ! Maximum hours as possible No other explanation P+S. ( It took me 8 hours to change the plugs on my 350 in the class C ,,,,10 minutes if it was in a pickup ,,,well, an OLD pickup !
Wish I could create an unsolvable Capcha of that and hack it onto ALL their CAD programs before they could log in and design anything !!!!

Steve
Yes we get it ! Arizona has nice weather ,,,, of course now that I have said that ol' El Nino will probably make sure you won't be so bored with it anymore ????

Charles
I've seen a lot of TV replacements done by using a piece of ply to make a door over the old opening (piano hinge is major strong) a little wider than the TV , mounting the flat screen to the ply , with a tilt mount if you want ( Very sturdy so no straps req) and then it can open up and give access to the space for DVD player, inverter for power without hookups and even some dvds too. No sense wasting valuable space. This should work for a smaller or bigger TV........as long as there's space.

Lynne
Was that a challenge ?
Guess I'll have to actually start trying to be funny ,,,,you do need a new computer , right?

MMMMM rhubarb pie and ice cream...butter pecan?!

Mom's had a sore throat and then a cold for the last week or so , much better today but lost her voice so I laid down the No Talking ! or you'll sound like that forever speech that I used for so many of my lead singers in the BIZ.... THX for asking.

Temps here are bouncing between 50 and 60 with 30-45 at night. Summah don't really happin' uptah heah till July......

Rail
Glad Mona's giving you a great trip , you picked a real winner there !
The pics and the food look like wish I was there....

That's too bad but thanks for keeping a lookout for me bud !
I used to have roadies that did that but they would always keep all the good ones for themselves . Soooo , I'd have them move the stacks when I didn't really have to .
As per MKs suggestion I volunteer to accept the job of keeping Mona safe when you go back , ,,,,, in a state of moving storage !

AND don't forget ...watch out for idiots out there on the road !

Frank
A minute and a half ! You'll have a real hard time getting a job as a retiree if you don't learn how to slow down
Not really one of a kind , there were actually 10 of us on the ship when we crashed here on earth ! Wait , what ? forget I said that !

Gordon
If you can't trust the lab ! Who can you trust ! Yikes.

And ,,,"I doan need no stinking lemons ! I'm a keeler Beeeeeee !

The only people that can see me are right here ,,,,,I have a cloaking device ! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:15 PM   #4461

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening!

Well, the levelers are all working as they were meant to work! Yeah! Mobile guy put the new controller and touch pad on and down they went and shut off as soon as you remove your finger from the touch pad. Before they just kept going (the ones that actually worked). Had to add more transmission fluid to the leveler tank again, but the guy said the levelers looked real good and he doesn't expect we will have any more problems again.

Went out for dinner to Red Lobster. Yum as always. Don't go there much anymore, but so good.

Popeye, I was not joking or challenging you, I like your sense of humor. So keep it up sir.

Good night! Lynne!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:29 PM   #4462

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Had dinner at applebees, the 2 for 20 menu, not bad. i cleaned the grill today and put it away, so we will have to eat out tomorrow too, lol.
Popeye,
I agree with Lynne, I do love your sense of humor.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:52 AM   #4463
bap

gooodmorning my friends,,,,coffee is great and well needed as usual...lol

i have missed you folks for way to looong,,,,,DEB and i have been busy as bee,s and i have been hitting the turkey woods at 0500 every morning before we start our work day that has been lasting up to bedtime..--im zoning around like a zombie...lol
sounds like everyone is doing great...i will have to take a couple hours and catch up with you guy,s..

well gotta git started,,,,,GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU !!!!

...jeff
Old 04-24-2016, 07:02 AM   #4464

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Gang,

Cold again last night but no frost. Coffee nice and hot this am. Turned on the electric fireplace for heat and looks, they sure are nice little things.

Going to check out the 28 inch TV like Frank suggested. I think Jerry and I can attach this ourselves. Jerry is doing the radio, he is just waiting for a part which was supposed to be in last week and now supposedly Monday.

Left the levelers down yesterday and will retract them today and check fluid level again. I think it had been so low when we got the rig that there might have been air pockets and that was part of the problem with them. We may have to bleed the lines but will see as after he put the new control panel and touch pad on yesterday they just worked fine.

Taking the rig in next week for the window replacement. We had two items that were at the top of our list to fix this year. The window and the levelers. The TV and radio were if we got to it but looks like those will be fixed here shortly. With the cigarette lighter, that makes 5 items done. That will complete our list.

I have a question on the lighter. Jerry used a tester checking the lighter power and got nothing. When the mobile guy got here he tested it and it worked. After he left, Jerry tried the lighter and no worky. He did something else and had to turn the converter on and checked the lighter again and it worked. Are those things tied into the converter? Is the radio tied into the converter? Can you run the TV while driving down the road if the converter is on?

OK, enough about the things I do not understand. On May 5th we will have owned our rig for one year. We have learned a lot but still have a lot to learn. This summer I have five 5-day weekends planned so far and a 9 day vacation. I plan to go to CG's close and farther away. I am really looking forward to it.

Hope each of you have a great summer. Summer is so much more fun than winter in a winter state. Pretty sure winter in a Southern state is going to be better in the near future.

Popeye, glad your Momma is doing good. My parents were great! Of course I didn't always understand that until I got older but I was so loved and taken care of. I hope all of you who still have your parents still enjoy them.

Have a good day all. Peace and beauty to each of you. Lynne
Old 04-24-2016, 08:41 AM   #4465

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee junkie.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	125099  
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #4466

Winnebago Owners Club
Coffee: Do stupid stuff faster with more energy. Sign seen in our kitchen!