Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #435

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
huntski,

I have a good man. Been married 43 yrs this May. Still like him too.

Rail,

I have three floor plans I like but certain things I am locked on so I know what I am looking for. Don't like blue and no leather and specifically no white interiors. Looking for a good amount of closet and drawers because this could easily become full timing. Husband wanted to keep S&B when we first started talking about this and now he wants to get our realtor in to tell us what we need to do to the house for selling.. I am all in for selling. The S&B will just hold us down from traveling and fun.

I keep looking and I will find it eventually. I really would like to buy it this year but will not buy if it is not right. Been close 3 times and the most recent one being in Texas made it too difficult to get away from work. It sold already. Must be quite a few people looking for the same thing I am.

It is only a matter of time. Hope you all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:13 AM   #436
bap

great morning everyone,,,,

LYNNE, i have been trying to get my DW on here forever,,,but she,s not much for the computer except to check out family on F.B. all her family is up there in MICHIGAN ypsilanti,jackson,ann arbor, and a few other places....also she has never been on a forum of any kind,,,i told her she really needs to meet you all..

its funny how we all connect and kinda like an internet family,,

coffee is great this morning,,,16deg. outside this am,,,only going to around 34...
man i hate to say it....but im already done with this winter crap. cant wait untill we hit the 70s and i still love the 90,s......feels great on my old bones...lol

may GOD bless each of you with a safe and wonderfull day..
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #437

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Happy Birthday, a few days early. We will be on the western side of the gulf of mexico on Tuesday. Departing Sunday on a cruise( first one). You have a wonderful outlook about the whole MH and retirement thing. You are also starting early enough that you can afford to be picky about the one you will get.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #438

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
bap,

My husband never comes here either. He leaves it to me to research all the info on the MH because I am more interested in it than him. He really enjoyed the RV show though when we went to it. Going to another in a month.

Frank,

Thank you and you are going to love your cruise. We have been on two and both were amazing. The food, the food, you won't believe the food. Watermelon soup and loved it! Everything is charged to your room and you will want to watch that. Anything that is not free on the boat is very expensive. Just be careful.

I just want to get the right rig the first time since it will be my only rig. I will find something that will work for us. Retirement, I can't wait!

Have a great day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:19 PM   #439
bap

LYNEE, didnt catch ur birthday when is it,,,and i hope you have a great one,,
i also wondered about your DH, thought i just didnt know his user name or what..lol

FRANK, where ya headed ?..and when,,,missed that to,,,---just enjoy we only live once
i have never been on one but if i ever do i will be the little old guy on the stern with my fishing rod trolling.....hollering at the captain to stop i got one hooked up...lol

see you guys in the morning whle i have my coffee,,,actually getting close to bedtime and just thought i would jump on and tell everyone a goodnight...lol
sleep well....
Old 01-29-2015, 04:29 AM   #440

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, -1* this am, more snow tonight, not supposed to be alot, like 5" or so. Frank, have fun on your cruise, DW always wants to go on one, guess who don't. Lynne, DW does most of our trip research, but she is a lurker on the site here. Bap, it is nice how all of us here come together for a little while each day, catch everyone later, gotta get DW's truck going.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #441
bap

how is the knee terry....?

and goooodmorning folks,,,,,wish everyone a great day...stay safe...

28deg. and pouring the rain here...yea rain,,,,,and i left my 4/wheeler in the drive,,i bet i will have to chip the rain off in a minute to go feed the horses....lol..i wouldnt really have cared because she needs a good bath but i just put my soft comfy storage seat on...and i know what a 28ded. rain means.....it turns to ice pretty quick..
Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #442

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning group, last day of above normal temp for us, needing to get more outside work done, so sore now I can barely move.

We've done about 9 cruises, usually one a year, we love it except for all the extra weight we put on each trip! Lol
Old 01-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #443

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Morning Bap, Knee is just shot, no more greasing will get it going, so waiting to see when we can get on the replacment schedule, hope I don't need an alignment too............ Rain in the winter is never good, we have an emergency scanner here and this yr I've heard more falls with broken bones then ever before, we've got alot of ice around from snow,then melting and refreezing. Be careful out there.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:54 AM   #444
bap

huntski, take a good wd40 bath,,,i mean spray a can on every joint,,,that will loosen ya up..lol..dont use the pbblaster ur stuff will fall right off...lol...

sorry buddy,,,just a little humar between 2 old sore guy,s......lol
but i do swear wd40 does help the joints,,,,and smells good to....lol
Old 01-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #445

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
huntski, take a good wd40 bath,,,i mean spray a can on every joint,,,that will loosen ya up..lol..dont use the pbblaster ur stuff will fall right off...lol...

sorry buddy,,,just a little humar between 2 old sore guy,s......lol
but i do swear wd40 does help the joints,,,,and smells good to....lol
Bap the wd40 works great but not on skin, I remember the early days of people using DSMO on sore joints. Many got relief, others were made deathly ill from the toxins that the DSMO carried through the skin and into the blood stream. WD40 is also a solvent and capable of doing this! Know/hope you were kidding but I have seen the problems using those products in that manner. But yes it does smell good! Lol
Old 01-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #446

Winnebago Owners Club
Went on one cruise so far. Did the Panama Canal east to west.

Food was really good. Canal crossing was excellent.

Next time I am going on a boat where I am one of the older folks. No not a Disney cruise!!!

Good luck on the knee replacement Terry. Hope it can be arranged to happen really soon.

Overcast today. Supposed to get to 77. Time to finish the coffee and go outside and do something.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:56 AM   #447

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Went on one cruise so far. Did the Panama Canal east to west.

Food was really good. Canal crossing was excellent.

Next time I am going on a boat where I am one of the older folks. No not a Disney cruise!!!

Good luck on the knee replacement Terry. Hope it can be arranged to happen really soon.

Overcast today. Supposed to get to 77. Time to finish the coffee and go outside and do something.

Have a great day everyone.
What cruise line did you take through the P Canal, that one we haven't done yet.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #448

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning/afternoon,
We or I have been to the Dominican Republic 8 times and we've been on 7 cruises once did a back to back. We were taken to the head of the line after the first week and then walked back on board and had the whole ship to ourselves for about 4 hours till the next group started to come on board. Been all around the Caribbean. That water is just so blue Best cruise was on the old Norway though it was close to the Titanic. Her last cruise then taken to India to be turned into scrap
Now we cruise around the states...
Have to go pick up a few of my med's today because when I went yesterday one was $795.00 called the Doc's office and told him I won't be getting that one filled I am one with no Insurance. The Insurance company's tell ya past conditions won't affect the cost... Ya right I would end up with around 20 bucks for the month. I have always had a job since I was 16 unless you count being a paperboy a job??? Then longer.
I never thought I would face this but I do.
No I am not selling my MH. I will unload the 64 come spring time and that won't be easy either.
Sorry RANK over.
Tim,
and my coffee is cold...
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote