Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:45 PM   #4467
EEEEEWWWWWWWWUck Eck Thbbbbbbbbb..... Red Lobster !
They opened a couple of those up here,,,,,,didn't take too long for them to close.....For some reason nobody liked their idea of our food !
Ya gutsta cummm upta th coast an try somma th REAL thing!!! OH AYUH
We went to the drive in diner for lunch and mom had a crabmeat roll , her sister the lobster roll and I had a crabcake sandwichk ,,,yup yup! AND the best homemade onion rings ANYWHERE (and I've tried them EVERYWHERE!)

Nothing should depend on the converter except 120 volt stuff .
So yes the TV will work going down the road !
Not sure what is happening with your lighter socket

MR bap
Well you DO exist,,,we were beginning to think we imagined you posting!

Nice pic , I'm saving that one............
I know this is unthinkable to most of you guys but I never allowed myself to become addicted to that liquid devil coffee. Seeing people that can't function without it reminds me of so many musical friends that were addicted to illegal stuff.

Stay Tuned
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2016, 04:28 PM   #4468
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

HI Bap, you must be busy now because you hardly ever stay off this long. Anyone heard from Jay or July 4th off for right now? I can't go anyway, but just wondering.

Bought a 28 inch TV like Frank suggested. Fits right in the opening with a bit of space to spare. Now to just figure out what way we want to put it in.

I took the door off for access to the back of the fridge and what a mess it was inside. I vacuumed it out and then washed all the dirt off anything I could reach. Read some more of the manuals to learn a bit more about how things work and the levelers. May get this by the end of this summer and with a few more questions.

Popeye, I cannot believe you don't like Red Lobster. Really I can, if you are used to being where you get fresh then you don't like anything like them. You will have to try my husband's salmon sometime. Wow, it is amazing! Course, everything he cooks is good!

It was a beautiful sunny day today. Got up to 64 and it was just beautiful! Did I tell you it was beautiful today?

Hope you all have a great week. Keep safe whatever your plans and enjoy your coffee.

Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:49 PM   #4469
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Bab (Jeff ), good to hear from you! Glad you and Deb are well, and busy! Well, you have a lot to catch up on! Have you met Mona? Here are couple of pics of her sitting relaxing in her camping spot in Greenbrier S.P. Hagerstown, Maryland
I got here early, and got the grounds cleaned on the frame, and all of the basement doors adjusted and lubes! Also the back engine door latches lubes and adjusted! It is a beautiful evening here in the mountains, going to be cool tonight, but the heat pumps work good! Time for a walk, everyone have a great evening!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461541664479.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	125153   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461541701703.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	125154  

Retired, and "Always on Holiday!"
1996 Monaco Windsor 38' "Mona"
guardrail53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #4470
Hi All!

You all have been busy while I was away.

Rail, Mona looks great. Good to see your in Maryland. Looks like maybe you went too far North however,,,, not seeing any green leafs????

Frank, are you sure you don't want to stop here on the way to Arkansas? My coach could use some wax!! That is a lot of work. But it is really rewarding when done,,, and it does stay a lot cleaner for quite some time.

Our bike trip was great. My round trip was 717 miles, most of it in the mountains on great twisty roads. Some of the best in the country are within a few miles of the lodge we stayed at. Great roads, great food, and great friends.... a great way to spend 4 days!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160423_085038_resized.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	125156   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160423_113324_resized.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	452.7 KB
ID:	125157  

2008 Thor Mandalay Presidio, 400 ISL
RVing since 1974!
Lots of Motorcycles
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #4471
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening All,
Had a nice dinner and then stopped for drinks at our frends, so good evening all around.
Glad to hear from you, we have missed you.
I'm glad that I could help with the TV. Anything else you need, just holler. On the cigarette lighter, sometimes the key has to be on, depending how it is wired. Also the TV may or may not work when you are driving, some have an interlock that shuts the power off when the transmission is taken out of park.
Rita said to tell you that Mona looks GREAT sitting there. I see that you got a small step for Jira. Glad that you didn't miss your spot in Hagerstown, that would have ugly.
Sorry buddy, but this old body is worn out by the time I finished mine. Maybe next time, lol. Pics look good, sounds like you are having a wonderful time, we are happy for you. Give Deb our best wishes on her recovery.
Have a great night all,
03 Silverado cclb 3500 drw, D/A, Reese 22k hitch
07 Alfa SeeYa Gold 30RL,2 slides,power everything
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:03 PM   #4472
Winnebago Owners Club
Lloyd - looks like it was a great day for a ride.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:20 AM   #4473
goodmorning my friends,,,coffee is wonderfull this morning,,

STAN/RAIL,,, MONA is AWSOME,,,,soo very happy you 2 finally got together,,,if you and JIRA swing threw kentucky our door is always open and the coffee is hot and fresh!!

Lloyd,,,looks like a rowdy gang yer hangin with be carefull my friend..lol,,, glad you guys had a great ride and made it back safe,,,,,,where did ya ride ???

POPEYE,,,, im no figment,,,,lol,,,,,just been way busy and not as fast as i was oncessk

FRANK,,,i always think of you all even when im not on here,,,i miss you guys to,,i always pray you all our healthy,happy and well..

LYNNE,,,,great to hear yer gitten things ready for the camping season,,,--DEB and i have just finished another build a 1968 taylor craft tt,,,,--it was another total tear apart and rebuild sheww this one was tough,,lol,,but she turned out pretty kool,,now were starting on an old scotty highlander,, we got er torn down and ready to reframe and rebuild at least the floor is good in this one...lol

well gotta hit the turkey woods,,,they,ll be gobbling by the time i get to my favorite oak tree ,,,,man i tell ya there is nuthen prettier than the spring woods ,,watching all the colors bloom out and the sound of nature in the spring,,,...

catcy youns latter my friends....

BAP out fer now...
jeff n debbie, and our 4 4 legged family members
68 aristocrat,68 216 winnebago, ancient GTA,1963 airstream,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:18 AM   #4474

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
currently 52
Rain predicted all week,
Coffee is strong today,
The ground under the pear tree is white and not from snow. The rain is knocking off all the blossoms.
listening too " In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins" great tune.

Emptied the propane tank yesterday. Had to empty the fridge last night and brought all of it into the S&Bs. I wished the electric part worked but only works on Propane.
I have to say that what they say about the weather in AZ is true, I've been so stiff from Arthritis since we have been home. Started to wash the MH and only got it 1/2 done before I had to stop. Dam. I started with the roof expecting to find a bunch of DO DO from the doves down there but only had a couple so was happy about that.

The birds are up and chirping like mad.

The gal on my morning show on the radio is gone not sure what happened to her. She has been on the show for almost 30 years. bummer.

Went out to my brothers Sat night for Chinese and a boat ride but got going late so we ate on his deck. Yum. His pups are starting to go too there new homes are they ever cute. He still has 11 to go.

Not much has been done on the barn clean up, he's really feeling the effects of the motorcycle accident last fall. He asked if we planned on coming out for the summer, I'm pretty sure that's where I'll be.

Mom always said that the potatoes should be in by Good Friday.
We plant everything that grows in the ground by then and the rest is planted weather permitted after all the way to Memorial Day.

My brothers partner made us 2 hook rugs for my birthday and Christmas for the MH. He made them on a Loom they inherited, man are they nice. I think we will only use them when company stops by.
I'll have Joe upload the pictures of them.
Happy Monday and those on the road be safe,
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:29 AM   #4475
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is very good this beautiful morning here in western Maryland!
It got down in the mid 40's last night! Already up in the 50's and sunny, with a high in the 80's! The vortexing is working! The furnace worked flawlessly all night, and kept us toasty!
Jeff, remember, we love pic's!! Love seeing Deb and yours magic!! Hook up to that bad boy, and come up to Binghamton and meet up with Terry & Eleanor, and Jira and I! And that invitation goes out to anyone in the area! The more the merrier!! Wow, it is already 9:25, time for a walk down by the lake! This SP CG is nice! Will be so nice to see Terry's TH, and Tot'r ! I'm getting excited!
Retired, and "Always on Holiday!"
1996 Monaco Windsor 38' "Mona"
guardrail53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:41 AM   #4476

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Lloyd, sounds like a nice ride Jeff, Great to hear about another TT done and I agree with Rail, PICS Please. Rail, good to hear the furnace is working you might need it up here . Will be nice to meet up with Stan and Jira, and check out Mona too!
Terry and Eleanor
94 Softail / 92 FXR
79 32' AMF Skamper 5th Wheel Toy Hauler
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #4477
Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Glad everyone is enjoying good weather. We are still not getting rain but the weather people are predicting snow tonight. It is typical weather for our neck of the woods and any moisture is good - I guess.

Been chasing a couple crows around the yard. They are trying to build a nest near the front of the house. Too noisy and they chase away the song birds so I have our extension ladder out and as soon as they start to build a nest I lean the ladder against the tree. Hope they get the message to move on soon. The county has a nuisance crow employee but that is more drastic than I want to go.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:59 AM   #4478
Good morning, all!

Rail, Everything sounds good. Like Frank and Terry mentioned, that smell is quite normal for the first firing of the season. We get that in the S&B with forced-air heating (ductwork) the first time the heat is on in the fall. I believe it is the dust burning off the heating elements at the start of the season. By the way, your avatar info says you are still in Thailand.

Frank, Saturday morning we passed by your exit around 9:30 AM. I waved! Saturday night, heading back north, I looked at the exit sign, noticed it was your exit again. It was exactly 9:29 PM. Waved again! We got back after midnight. All went well. Long day, but we made two deliveries on the same trip so that saved $$$.

Gordon and Frank, Thanks for the info on the TV's, etc. We have been looking a bit on line at floorplans. Now that we have been in a few, and found some things we really like and don't like, the floorplans make more sense. Both of us have been very busy with work, so visiting dealers is low on the list of priorities.

Mounting a new style TV on a fold-down or fold-up door over an old TV cabinet makes sense. The space behind the TV might be a good place for the entertainment electronics (DVD player, etc.) as well as storage (DVDs and more...). Thanks for the experienced ideas.

I've noticed that there are different dimensions on the beds. In the residential world, a queen bed is 60" x 80" and a king is 76" x 80". IIRC, in the RV world, I have seen queens that are 60x75, 60x76, 60x80, and kings that are 72x80. I think I remember seeing a king that was 72x75? I have learned to take a tape measure with me. The sales guys don't even seem to know some of the time. To be fair to them, there are a lot of variations. Some of the manufacturer's (Newmar is one) show the bed dimensions on their floorplans. I like that.

Since our time frame for purchase is not fixed, we are taking our time. Both of us look through rvtrader and PPL from time to time, then let our subconscious minds do the processing. Bev does think that we might not last long full-timing due to the small space. She thinks that one of us might not survive. But, as I reminded her, we are both working full-time right now. And, we both bring a lot of our work home. That takes a lot of extra space. Down-sizing is going to be very interesting and challenging.

Steve, Sounds like the Alaska planning is going well. Out of curiosity, will you get to see the Northern Lights during your trip? Or, will it be the wrong time of year?

Gordon, What does "a nuisance crow employee" do? That's a new one for me.

Lynne, Glad you are getting the coach ready for travel and trip plans are in the works. Looks like a good season ahead of you.

Terry, Looking forward to hearing about your first real trip with the Tot'r and the TH. I've been following the other thread and I am just overwhelmed with the amount of work. They look fantastic. I know. Just do one part at a time. But, the gift of being able to get all the parts to work together is priceless. You and Eleanor should really enjoy the fruits of your labors. You've earned it. And, we have enjoyed watching!

Building update: Waiting in line for permit approvals from the county. Then, we get to pour the slab, wait for it to cure, then erect the structure. I still need to locate a 10x10 overhead door and get an electrician lined up. I am hoping to have this completed in 5-6 weeks.

Well, I just spent my morning and afternoon break times typing this. It's time to get back to work. (After that 19 hour day on Saturday, I thought I could cut myself a little bit of slack. )

Everyone, have a great day!
Charles and Beverly
1996 Fleetwood Wilderness 35' TT.
Hunting for a Class A DP for us.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:04 AM   #4479
Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s another beautiful sunny day here in Sierra Vista. It was getting into the mid-80’s for a while and I thought I might have to turn on my AC but thankfully it’s been on a cooling trend for the last few days.

I was house cleaning yesterday and found my old AeroBed inflatable mattress. This morning I’m going to inflate it in the back of my Caravan to see if it’ll hold air well enough to use on my Alaska trip. Those AeroBeds are mighty comfortable, but waking up at 2am on a deflated one ain’t much fun!

Tomorrow morning will be my last area hike before I leave. One of the hiking club regulars is hosting a post-hike BBQ and I’m bringing a pot of black bean soup. It should be fun.

Rail, I’m surprised at the lack of greenery up there in Maryland. Still, it looks like a beautiful restful spot.

Jeff, I hope you get a turkey. I should try turkey hunting but have a problem with inactivity. I was never what you could call a patient person. It’s probably why I find quail, grouse and pheasant hunting to my liking, you’re always moving.

Lloyd, I need to get out more on my motorcycle. I’ve become too much of a fair weather rider. It used to be weather didn’t bother me so much, not like it does these days anyhow. I should also look into a slightly larger bike. My little KLR250 has to work mighty hard at road speeds.

I’m glad folks here are doing well. I’ll try not to rave about the weather too much, but pretty soon I’ll be off to Alaska and the wonderful Sierra Vista weather won’t matter to me. Then it’ll just be the beautiful scenery.

PS Charles, I'm not certain about the northern lights. From what I understand they run in 11 year cycles. Away from the usual light pollution, I am going to be looking for the Milky Way, that's for sure!
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:05 PM   #4480
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, we pulled out of the park at 8:02 got to the campground in Troy, Alabama at 3:22 EDST. Nice easy ride with little traffic, about 370 miles , 1 stop at a rest area on I-10. Only problem is that my pyrometer crapped out, I can do without it, but will change it out when i get back. I even have great trailer brakes, 1st time in almost 2 years, had to turn them way down as theyalmost work too good.
I agree with the others, Pics please, you and Deb do too nice a job on your rebuilds to keep them under wraps.
I waved at you Saturday. It sounds like you are on the right track before you go out and buy your RV.
That is odd that the propane works, but the electric doesn't. I would check to see if you have power going to the fridge, then check the switch out on the front panel to see if it is bad.
Have a great evening all,
Next stop West Memphis, Arkansas

03 Silverado cclb 3500 drw, D/A, Reese 22k hitch
07 Alfa SeeYa Gold 30RL,2 slides,power everything
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote