Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #4481

Winnebago Owners Club
In my experience the propane will most often work. I had a fridge that I never could get to work on electric. Tim and Joe have a similar problem.

I think it may have to do with the heating coil at the bottom of the tube. My recollection is that it can be quite finicky.

And by the way - this is my first post from the new computer. Going to have to practice with the typing as this keyboard has a lot different feel than the old one.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #4482

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Dolly arrived. Now just need to attach a few items. MH going in for window repairs on Wednesday and will be gone about 10 days roughly. Then it is just putting the radio and TV in and we are ready for the summer and future. Will be nice to have it all done. I am going to work on the TV cabinet myself. I have an idea and will take pictures and see what it looks like. Will take some time to do because I still work.

I keep telling Jerry I don't need to look at the weather channel because I have weather knees and they tell me all I need to know by how much they hurt. It has not been good lately. Ouch!

Glad that some of you are getting a chance to meet each other. It is really great!

Got to go, you all try to stay warm. It is cooling down again and I just want to go someplace warmer. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #4483

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening gang!
Stopped for the night at a Flying J just south of the NY line on I-81. Did not get to the SP that we wanted to stay at in time! And their website was not working, so here we are! It's ok, Mona dry camp's very well! And she has a diesel generator, that will purr all night, if needed! Going to be fun to get to see the Tot'r and the TH up close and personal! And get to meet Terry and Eleanor too!
Everyone be good! Pics Bap!!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:16 AM   #4484

Good morning all!

67* here, they say we may hit 90! Sheesh!

My friend John arrived yesterday, his coach is in site #1. He I slowly working his way north after wintering in Florida.

Rail, in New York. Now that is a world apart from where he has always been since I started chatting with him! Very familiar with that area, you should be to Terry's today Rail. Sorry I missed his pass through South Carolina.

Gordon, don't ya think keyboards should be standard? I hate that they move around the "extra" keys, like delete, backspace, page up, page down seem to be all anywhere they pick.

Hey Steve! I have always been crazy about motorcycles. But the last 4-5 years I have been busy with building our retirement home, and a zillion other things and didn't ride near as much as I would like. In fact when I retire in July, I have a big project as 4 of my Vintage/Antique bikes no longer run. They sat too much and the carbs are a mess. I am making a real effort to ride more this year, and so far off to a good start.

Our ride was in the corner of South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee. We stayed at a place called the Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort. That area is meca for motorcyclist. every direction you go is great roads, no traffic etc.. It is most famous for the "Deals Gap Dragon" (318 corners in 11 miles), and the Cheroholla Skyway.

This was a guys trip, 2 friends who are just getting into riding. I gave them the tour. The dragon is world famous. There were at least 400 bikes in the parking lot Saturday afternoon, which did not of course include those riding it. I most often avoid there, but my friends needed to experience it. There were 4 different corners with professional photographers on them, they take a digital shot of everyone who goes by,,, and you go to their website later and can purchase and download.

This pic is me on Saturday, I knew they were there and made a hot pass to get myself a nice picture.

Have a great day all!

65 days till retirement!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1096103.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	125265  
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:10 AM   #4485

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good this morning!
Lloyd, great shot, and the Honda Red is glowing!
Steve, from the looks of things up here, you might want to put off your trip for a month or so. You might run into some really cold temps?????!!!!!!! The tree's here are just starting to leaf out!
Raining this morning, so Mona is getting her morning shower!
Everyone have a great day!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #4486

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good again this morning, weather is beautiful, 60* this morning , going upi to near 90* this afternoon, West Memphis is going to the low to mid 80's also.
Lloyd,
Looks like you had a great time. Glad that you got to go ride. Give Deb our best.
Rail,
Hope that the rain goes away after Mona gets her shower.
Safe travels all, and have a great day,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:40 AM   #4487

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful sunny morning but a little cool. I’m making note of the cold because I foolishly put my space heater away yesterday.

Today should be a fun day. After today’s morning hike one of the hiking group members, has invited the group to her house where she and her husband are serving up a BBQ lunch. I’m currently preparing a pot of my infamous black bean soup, the soup that my late wife nicknamed “Black Thunder” it should round out the BBQ very well and perhaps add a round thunderous applause later on.

Lloyd, that’s a nice looking bike you’re riding, what is it? What are your antique bikes? Cleaning out the carbs shouldn’t be bad assuming they didn’t get water in them. I’m acquainted with a British woman who’s an avid rider. She recently worked over her 1977 BMW that she hadn’t ridden in almost two decades. She wrote me that she took it out for a “short” 600 mile ride in Britain. BTW her 1977 BMW is the same one she used for a 3 year 48,000 mile solo world tour back in the early 1980’s.

Charles, you sparked my interest in the northern lights. I googled aurora borealis and found a web site that makes predictions. Unfortunately, nothings predicted for the near future but who knows, a few weeks from now the night time sky might perk up.

Rail I wish I had some of your rain to get my car cleaned up. I have a feeling the birds are getting even with me for hunting season.

I have to finish my coffee and get going so I can drop off my soup at my friend’s house prior to the hike.

Steve
Old 04-26-2016, 09:26 AM   #4488

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lloyd - good form. I am not a sport bike guru but the bike looks like a VFR to me. I know they go like spit and handle very well. Great that you were able to get out and make some turns. Did you camp or stay in the cabins at Iron Horse.

Rail - great that everything is working as it should with Mona. I expect this will become your keeper for future trips and excursions across North America. We will get the opportunity to meet up, hopefully sooner rather than later. Sorry about the rain. Nice to know everything is tight but driving on the wet roads means a wash job in the near future. YUCK.

We did not get the predicted snow last night. Good on that but bad that it did not rain either. Nothing predicted in the long range but cooler weather until May 1.

So far am pleased with the new computer. Still in the infancy part of it but this is my second day of posting on the thread with it and it seems to work. Still have a lot of programs to install but will slow down and install as required.

Good to see BAP back on the thread. As everyone is suggesting Jeff and Debbie we really would like to see pictures of your creations. It inspires us to get out there and do something creative as well.

It is starting to look like we will not be making it to Oklahoma this summer. We have some scheduling conflicts. I am beginning to think it would be better to just stay away from the S&B and just schedule an occasional visit!!

Terry - that red would look good as a tub surround. I think it was mentioned before but after seeing in on the Dragon I think another review of the color potential could be undertaken. It definitely looks fast and good with Lloyd driving it. No pressure - LOL!!

Steve - try laying some rubber snakes on the top or wrap them around the branches in the trees above. Worked for us in Yuma.

Enjoy your day.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #4489

Hi All!

Gordon, you are correct, a VFR. My gosh it is fun in the mountains! Not so much on the big highways. We stayed at a cabin, but I have been there a dozen times and stayed in just about every facility. It is a really nice place.

Steve, I have a bunch of old Honda's. A 1979 CBX, A 1975 Goldwing (first year) a 1976 CB400f, and a 1970 CT90. I also have a few newer bikes, but I have ridden them enough to keep them in good shape. The multi carb bikes are a project to do the carbs. The CBX has 6! And they are difficult to remove.

Steve, when Debbie and I were in Perry last month, we attended a seminar on Alaska RV'ing. The speaker did not recommend starting North into Canada before Memorial day weekend. The weather can still be nasty anywhere North of there and you can hit real cold temps.

Frank, sounds like you and Rita are making great progress. I know you love Florida but I bet it feels good to be on the move again?

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #4490

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, I hope Rail and Jira packed the long undies....32* here right now and going down later . Rain today then will taper off tonight and be sunny and dry tomorrow thru next Monday. Gordon, . I'll have to load the Tot'r with firewood!!
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:27 PM   #4491

Winnebago Owners Club
One of the fellows in our motorcycle club and I did a ride to the Northwest Territories (Watson Lake) on the Alaska Highway. Even though it was in July it was snowing on the pass in BC. It was cool enough the snow was sticking to the pavement however there was enough traffic to keep the wheel path clear.

Went through 3 construction zones on that trip. All of them were sloppy with mud because of rain.

Also came around a corner to find a herd of bison on the road and adjacent ditches. One big one was standing on the yellow line in the center of the road. Nerve racking driving by it on the bikes but the bison just stood there. Whew! About 2000 miles in 3 days.

Agree that a bit later would be OK. Not too late or you will encounter the flying insects which include mosquitos and black flies.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #4492

Rail
I don't know if I should say "faster , faster !" or "run away , run away , go back before it's too late !"

The temps were almost 60* yesterday but after sunset it started getting colder and kept getting colder till about an hour ago @ 34*. All the way up to 36* now.
AND
It started snowing when I got up this morning and still is at 3pm , maybe 6" of it on the ground right now .........the good news is , snow doesn't leak through my roof! Well , until it melts anyway.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #4493

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, good catch on the firewood! We may need it!!
Old 04-26-2016, 05:18 PM   #4494

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Lloyd,
You are correct, I do love it in Florida, but after 7 months, I am ready to move. We love to see new sites, but it is the ride that we usually don't like. The last 2 days we have gone around 370 miles and it is getting to be uncomfortable after about 5 hours on the road. It is really been beautiful and really green so it has been ok, tomorrow only a little over 300 miles, so it will be better.
Rail,
It sounds like you lost the vortex somewheres on your way north. The heat has been following us NW it is still in the mid to upper 80's.
Terry,
Have a nice campfire for us too.
Later all,
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote