Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #4495

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Frank, we definitely lost the vortex!! Mona go's up the hills so easy and smooth, never dropping out of 6 gear, but the vortex couldn't keep up? Sorry vortex, see yaa!! Now I am paying for it! 44 degrees and dropping!! Glad the furnace is working great! The ride is what we enjoy the most, love the scenery, but not the rough roads!
Everyone have a great evening!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2016, 07:42 PM   #4496

Winnebago Owners Club
Good to hear Mona is running well. Sorry about the vortex. Possibly slow up or wait a day so it can catch up. Long johns are an option.

With it cooler you can sit outside to drink your iced tea. You do not have to slam the iced tea back before it warms up and there are no mosquitos.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #4497

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ok Gang, I am going to try to put some pics up of the CG. here goes nothing.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0614.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	125339
Ok,we will see how this works, 1st pic shows truck pointed to the River with Rita walking over.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0620.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	125340
a barge and tug going to the plant next to the campground

Name:	DSCN0615.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	285.7 KB
ID:	125341
shows some of the sites up at the river
Frank
PS, only tree around and it is in the way of the dish, go figure.
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:33 PM   #4498

Here are some more,

Name:	DSCN0613.jpg
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	125343
some of the sites right by the river, with a small pond between us and the other sites

Name:	DSCN0621.jpg
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	125344
ahhh, a goose has claimed the pond, lolClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0622.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	125345

Name:	DSCN0622.jpg
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	125345
He is coming to run me off, no Rita had bread and was feeding the fish.

That's all for now folks, like I said, a really nice CG.
Frank
Old 04-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #4499

Looks like a great spot Frank...even the wildlife love ya

Mk
Old 04-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #4500

Pretty cool Frank! I would enjoy that place. We used to live near the Hudson River in New York. I would love to go out in the boat, anchor and just watch the river. Something soothing about it.

There used to be a company, you could load your rv on a barge in either New Orleans or St Louis, and then cruise up or down the river and enjoy the ride. At night they stopped at some city, and you could get off and shop, or eat dinner. I don't see their ad's anymore, I assume they are gone.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:30 PM   #4501
bap

gooodevening everyone,,,,just sitting here getting ready fer bed after eating a DQ blizzard,,,,,lol

thanks for the compliments about our builds,,,really meens alot coming from you all,,,
but im no genous,,,see i cant even spell it....lol

gonna try and post up a couple pix of this last rebuild,,,1968 taylor craft...

the first couple are before and the rest are almost done,,,this old tt was shot and on its last leg but after all new framing ,electric, and new plumbing she has another 50 plus years in her,,....her name is JackieKay...

catch ya,s latter..
jeff
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JackieKay 020.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	125349   Click image for larger version

Name:	JackieKay 016.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	125350  

Name:	JackieKay,,,4-21-16 001.jpg
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	125351   Click image for larger version

Name:	JackieKay,,,4-21-16 005.jpg
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	125352  

Name:	JackieKay,,,4-21-16 017.jpg
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	125353   Click image for larger version

Name:	JackieKay,,,4-21-16 036.jpg
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	125354  

Name:	JackieKay,,,4-21-16 032.jpg
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	125359   Click image for larger version

Name:	JackieKay,,,4-21-16 034.jpg
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	125360  

Name:	JackieKay,,,4-21-16 047.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	125361   Click image for larger version

Name:	JackieKay,,,4-21-16 029.jpg
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	125362  

Old 04-27-2016, 04:24 AM   #4502
bap

****YAAWWWNN** goodmorning come on coffee,,,lol

getting ready to hit the turkey woods again this morning ,,not in a huge hurry as it has poured the rain all night with ALOT of thunder an lightning,,they will stay on roost longer this AM,,

RAIL,, great to know MONA is working great,,she is an awsome girl for sure!!!

STEVE,, you would like hunting turkey with me,,i sit very little i am not very paitent myself...lol,,,and theres nothing like wild turkey breats strips fried to a golden brown,,mmmm,mmmm,,,,sooo come to kentucky some spring and let me turn ya on to a great addiction,,,lol

FRANK,,sure looks like a great spot,,when i was a young fella i lived on my boat on the ohio river,,took me years to be able to sleep without the barges rocking me to sleep...and about the goose,,just wait till they are nesting then walk up with a slice of bread,,,,lol

well gotta run ,,,,everyone have a blessed day !!!
Old 04-27-2016, 05:32 AM   #4503

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
morning,
coffee is good left overs from yesterday,
Well last night was the first time sleeping in the S&B since December. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. Will have to go get the tanks filled today.
Hey Jeff, We have turkeys hanging around a Jewish Cemetery a few blocks from the house. They came sometime while we were gone. I know we have them around the Military Cemetery @ Fort Snelling by the Mpls airport . I've seen 20-30 there in the trees and on the grounds. I've lived here for almost 60 years and have never seen them before. My brother raised 10 last year and a few of those have to be 40-50 lbs. Is there a big difference in taste between wild and store bought?

Been having a lot of rain the few days. Boy I got the itch to go somewhere.
Going to buy a pressure washer today sure is nice having one around the S&B.

Gordon What kind of computer did you and Janet get?

That's about it from here.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:54 AM   #4504

Jeff, that rig is cool. When I grew up my parents had one about the same, it was a brand called Monitor.

Went to grand daughters last high school soccer game last night. Ceremony to honor her and other seniors moving on, She got a scholarship and will be starting college in August about 25 miles from here.

Might get to use the coach to go to some of her away games. Pic is a cool cake they had honoring the seniors. It tasted as good as it looks.

L.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160426_175939_resized.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	125372  
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:46 AM   #4505

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Cool this morning 30* and icy steps and windshield, (had to scrape for Eleanor to go to work) Bap nice job on the ole TT you guys have a nice touch on the colors , do I see some Honda red? Frank, looks like a nice campground, Great pics by the way, (you know we all like pics). Lloyd, we were just in Mechanicsville last week for a meeting, sat down by the docks (on the Hudson) and had breakfast watching the geese land. Well gotta go greet the day catch all later. Popeye the pic for you
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Maine snow.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	125380  
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:07 AM   #4506

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, 71* but looking at the weather map, we are going to be running into rain today, so much for 5 days worth of cleaning and waxing, lol. Going to go west through Little Rock then North instead of going on the 2 lanes, only about 20 miles further, but not as long driving. Haven't been that way before so it will be nice to see new territory.
Bap,
You and Deb sure do an amazing job on your rebuilds. The attention to the details and use of materials is unbelievable. Like the metal siding as the front wall covering, or the use of the pot for a sink, not to mention the wooden drip rails over the windows. One thing, you need to either paint the wheels, or put on a nice shiny hubcap to finish it off.
Lloyd,
I agree, this is a really nice place, we talked last night about coming back here for a couple weeks sometimes just for the ambience. Nice cake. It will be nice to go to the granddaughters games that way.
Tim,
You stay another winter away and you won't want to go back to the S&B.
Terry,
That is funny, good one.

Well, enough for now, need to hook up and get ready to head for Branson,
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 04-27-2016, 07:23 AM   #4507

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

30 here this am and ice in the bird bath. Mrs Cardinal just went to "bath" and pecked a bit and left. Supposed to get to 58 later. Up down, Up down!

Jerry got the radio in and it works great! Will connect the Bluetooth later so that works when we are driving. He did a great job. Had to cut the opening wider to fit the new truck radio but he got it just right.

MH goes to A & D Auto today to get the window replaced. Will be nice to have that done so that we get a clearer view of the passenger mirror. We're going to work on the TV when it gets back.

Bap, I love the way Debbie designs your redo's. Keep the pictures coming please whenever you redo one. As Terry says, we love pics. We have lot's of turkeys across the road all year round. Lady who owns the property does NOT allow hunting (due to her horses) so they have a safe place to live ( if they stay on her property). Woods, water, corn, beans. Everything they need.

Frank, nice CG. Are you glad to be stopped for a bit? Terry, I think you could switch Michigan out for Maine and use that saying here to. Sheesh I am done with this.

Tim, will you adjust to the S&B bed in a bit? Do you go through this every year when you go out and get home? Just wondering.

Rail, I am sure the cold is unusual for you and Jira. The scenery is one of our favorites reasons for driving anywhere. I like back roads because you see things you would never see otherwise. Sometimes though you need to use the main roads for time and or easier access. I am sure with a MH that is even more true. Glad you two are having a good time.

Have a great day all, the warm weather will get here eventually. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #4508

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s another sunny beautiful cool morning, cool enough that I fetched my space heater out of storage. Yesterday’s BBQ was great and everyone liked my Black Thunder black bean soup. The crazy Brit lady who hosted the event has a back yard that’s like a Zen garden with beautiful flowers everywhere and an actual green grass lawn area (something I’ve really come to miss here in AZ). Simply sitting back and viewing the backyard made it worth going!

Today I’m going to start my trip prep in earnest. I’ve rented a small storage unit for the few valuables I have. I’m getting the RV ready for the 10 mile drive to my friends place to store it and of course I need to pack the Caravan up. Hopefully, no later than Sunday morning and I’m outa here!

Jeff that trailer looks nice I love that faux wood finish. The only thing I have to question is condensation on the bare metal surfaces inside. Any tricks to keep that under control? Gail and I used to camp in a 1967 Ford Econoline window van and I remember one morning when it was so loaded with condensation it was dripping on us when we awoke.

I’ve been planning on an interior remodel of my Holiday Rambler. I want to give it a rustic hunting cabin look inside. However, between having no consulting income the past year, yet having to pay income tax on the money I made the year before (I got that done thank goodness!) I decided to wait on anymore unessential RV work and just enjoy it as is this summer and fall. I have all next Sierra Vista winter to get the work done. One of the reasons I bought that old muzzle loading shotgun a few months ago was to have it as a wall hanger as well as shooting it. It shoots well but now I can’t find the wall space to hang it!

Jeff, going turkey hunting sounds interesting. I imagine my old 12 gauge Remington 870 Express “rainy day gun” with an extra full choke would be just the ticket! When I return from Alaska at the end of June I’m taking my RV and spending July in Ruidoso NM and then heading east to Carbondale IL and from there to Wisconsin via northeast Illinois. So with my stop in Carbondale I will be near Kentucky for a while anyhow. I still have wonderful memories of the time I spent in Carbondale during SIU’s “golden years” when they won the prestigious Playboy Magazine, Party School of the Year Award for three years running. Just the thought of once again riding those winding southern Illinois roads on my motorcycle gets me excited!

Dang, my ADD’s kicking in big time and I’m really starting to ramble here… Ha det, all y’all!

Steve

PS Lloyd thanks for the heads up regarding the weather. I suppose with my Nordic genes I’m just not very cold sensitive (as far as too much heat though, forgetaboutit!). I used to take my two kids winter tent camping in Wisconsin during January/February, with the proper equipment it was fun! I’ll have both my summer and winter sleeping bags, if it gets really cold I can put my summer bag inside winter bag to really heat things up.