Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:18 AM   #4509

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Frank - nice campground, except for the geese. Not one of my favorite birds. Not a hunter so my experience with them is mainly the back end. A Canada goose will produce approximately 5 lbs of poop a day. One of the golf courses I used to play had a goose problem. There was a slough nearby and they hatched in the slough area and raised their goslings on the course. I counted over 70 geese on one green. Needless to say putting was an adventure. Eventually the course put a fence around the course so the geese could not bring the young onto the grounds.

BAP and Debbie - another classic restored to better than new. Really like the way you fixed it up. You should be stars of a reality show. RV Renos with Jeff and Debbie. It would be great on HGTV.

Lynne and Jerry - sounds like you are getting close to being totally ready for better weather.

Steve - perhaps a trip to Jeff and Debbies for a consult on the interior would be in order. Not only would you get some excellent assistance you would be able to meet them.

Terry and Eleanor must be very close to ready to leave to meet up with Rail and Jira. Hope they have great weather.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 AM   #4510
bap

ahhh darn forgot the pics of the honda red wheels,,,,lol

STEVE,, you are more than welcome to visit but ye be warned about DEBBIE,, you may not know yer rig when ya turn around....lol

wellthe boss is asking me if im gonna work on the scotty,,,,i know what that means...lol

catch ya latters...

and thanks for all the kind words again,,,--we do have fun .....lol

jeff-n-debbie

Old 04-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #4511

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Gordon, almost ready, pulled the bikes out and going to leave them home, won't be riding so take out 2000lbs of dead weight. Cleaning the garage now and will install the jackknife sofa in the garage. The garage becomes our living room when the bikes are out. The weather has cleared up almost 100% sunshine still cool but nice in the sun. If things are ready tonight we might leave and at least get off the mountain.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #4512

Terry, are you taking the new Tot'r to meet Rail? (you sold the old one right?) (I'm confused) If yes, good test run.

Gordon, we have the same problem at work,,,, it is hard to walk on the sidewalks. They hired a company with dogs,,,, trained to chase the geese, and keep running them till they go find somewhere else to nest.

Honda red wheels! Awesome Bap!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #4513

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone!
Coffee is tasty this morning/afternoon!
Got down to 31* last night! Well Terry, we have met all of the neighbors, and all good people! The three campers across from us are seasonal, and very nice people. I introduced the CG host to IRV2 site, and your " Total Rebuild" thread, so you will get a great reception when you get here! See you when you get here!
Old 04-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #4514

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Well we are in Branson, ran into a downpour for about 20 miles on I40, then it cleared up. Ran I40 to US 65 then up to Branson. Almost didn't make it to the campgrounds, about 1.5 miles from there a stupid lady spikes her brakes to make a left hand turn, I couldn't stop in time so I started right, she then decided to turn right, I cut it hard left and missed her by inches or less, but I blew the brake line that runs over the fuel tank to the back. It is in the shop up the road right now. Whew, no crashes, so the brake line is minor.
Lloyd,
You would love the US65 from Little Rock to Branson, It is up and down and very curvy, good for the bike, not so fun with the rig.
Gordon,
There was only one goose at that pond and one goose down at the other pond, so not as bad as you would think.
Bap,
Glad that you paint the wheels, Because everything else looks so good.
Terry,
Hope that you get to go tonight, you guys deserve to have some relaxation instead of all work.
Rail,
Glad that you are having fun.
Later gang,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:06 PM   #4515

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
WHOA, Frank close one, those kinda driver's you just can't predict, but a brake line is a relatively simple fix. Don't look like we are going to leave tonight. Rail, thanks for the plug . Sounds good, nice neighbors are great. Lloyd, we did sell the old Tot'r, so the new one it is . Bap, so glad you painted the wheels Honda red takes the heat off the my bath tub and surround .
Old 04-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #4516

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have a few questions

Evening Gang,

SO we took the MH in for the window repair. Dropped it off but before we did that we messed with the TV a bit. So, this is what happened.

There were two cables attached to the old TV. OF course, we did not mark what was hooked up to what but the new TV doesn't have the same connections anyway

Here is a pic of the two cables.

The TV temporarily mounted and the 2 cables. We hooked the L cable up and could get 3 TV channels with the aerial and were able to view a DVD and VHS tape. We had sound with the TV but not the DVD and VHS tape. No "surround sound".

Changed to the cable on the R and were able to get both TV and DVD and VHS tape and sound. But, not getting "surround sound".

Any ideas? We still have to attach the TV in the cabinet and adjust the trim to look and work right but will get to that when we get a minute.

There is a satellite dish on the roof that we may never use. Not sure until we retire and see how bad reception is.

Appreciate any ideas or help. Thank you Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH TV new.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	125442   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH TV wires.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	125443  

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #4517

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Yes it was a very close call, luckily the old reflexes didn't fail me on this one. The truck is at a local tire and towing shop that is supposed to be pretty good, should be around $200 or so, which is what I figured before I took it. Should be ready tomorrow afternoon. It took over 1/2 hour for me to stop shaking.
Lynne,
I'm sorry, I can't help you on that one, I have trouble with the new fangled wiring on the audio stuff myself.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:32 PM   #4518

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Evening Everyone!
Wow, good driving Frank!
Really hard to predict what the other "stupid" drivers are going to do sometimes!
Lynne, the red, white and yellow cable's are your audio cables which go to your TV then to your power source, which is a audio amp or your radio. They are color coded, so just hook them up to your TV audio out jacks, then into your radio audio in jacks, keeping the colors the same. They will color coded on the TV and the radio!
Terry, if you have a battery load tester, can you bring it? My Heart Interface Freedom converter stopped working last night! So Ray the CG host brought me a small battery charger, and I put it on, and all good. Then I went to check out the converter today, switched it on, and it is back to working ok again? Just wondering if the one battery I did not replace went bad or not?
Bap, man JackieKay is looking great! Please tell Debbie she has great taste in decorating!
Steve, better pack your long johns, Alaska is way north of here, and it is Cold here!!
Well tomorrow I get to meet Terry and Eleanor, and the Tot'r and TH! Excited!!
Everyone have a great evening!
Oh, I fired up my lap top today, so I can put the Smilies ON! Yeah! Moderator, please come up with a drinking coffee smilies, please!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #4519

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Rail, yup I'll pack my battery tester as soon as I get done typing , if there's any thing else you can think of let me know, I have lots of room in the Tot'r. Lynne, I'll loan you my son he squares away mine.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #4520

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - I think one is input from a CD or DVD player and the other is output to an amplifier.

Can Jerry follow them back to the terminus? If he can trace one the other should be the other side.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #4521

Yikes Frank, a close one! Good thing you had the trailer brakes in tip top shape! Glad you and Rita are okay and the rig is easily fixed.

Never been to Branson, it is on my list.

Rail, my experience is if you don't replace batteries as a set they will be a problem. Unless they are very new and the dead one is just a bad luck failure..... meaning a very premature death.

Terry, good luck with the first real haul and the new Tot'r! Please send pics!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:30 AM   #4522
bap

goodmorning folks,,,
another warm rainy turkey hunt in store for this morning,,,,gotta love it...lol

thanks again everyone ,,--and yes TERRY every time we go to use red i think of you and Lloyd..lol---honda red..lol

TERRY,,RAIL,, its great you all are getting to meet up,,,i know it will awsome...

LYNNE,,, the tv looks great !!!!

GORDAN,,,, thanks my friend,,,nooo way debbie would stand for leaving something untouched....lol

well gotta hit the woods,,,,,,,catch you-uns latter..

....jeff