Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:48 AM   #4523
bap

GOOODMORNING TERRY,,, just saw ya pop online,,,,,safe travels today if yer heading out to meet up with rail...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2016, 06:02 AM   #4524

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, And the same back to you Bap, Happy hunting!! We are getting ready to head out

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:20 AM   #4525

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Terry,
Safe travels, enjoy your time with Rail and Jira.
Bap,
Happy hunting my friend.
Beautiful morning, a bit cool at 51* but still have all the windows open. Looking out the window watching the sun rise, listening to the birds singing, wow what a way to start the morning.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #4526

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee tastes great today!
Not quite as cold this morning,, but when it gets below 40* it is all cold!
Sitting here, looking out the front window and listing to the birds singing, same as Frank, but just later in the morning!!
Terry, that coffee smilie was cool, but I do not no how to get him small like his buddies on here!
Bap, turkey hunting sounds fun, and they are much bigger than a pheasant or quail, so easier to hit?! NOT! I know they can fly just as fast as a pheasant! Do you try to shoot them sitting or on the fly? And do you use a shotgun or a bow? Never been, so inquiring minds want to know?
I agree with all the lurkers coming out and joining in! The more the merrier!!!
Terry and Eleanor should be rolling in any time, excited!! I told everyone here of Terry's build, so they are all ready to check out his handy work!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #4527

Well, got my truck back from the shop, price was what I expected, so not bad, the mechanic stayed over last night to get it done. I just ordered 4 new tires for the back of the truck from them, good price, and since they did such a good job on the brake line, I figured that I would give them the buisness rather than someone else.
I am a happy camper now, YEAH
Frank
Old 04-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #4528

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s another beautiful sunny Sierra Vista morning! I have a feeling I’m going to be missing these sunny mornings soon.

My trip preparations continue to go well. Prepping for two months of camping is a lot more work than just packing a suit case and eating in restaurants, or even traveling in your RV where you’re basically taking your entire home with you. I have a neighbor in the nearby trailer park who keeps a room full of food for a future SHTF day. When I spoke to him about my trip he gave me two boxes of expired (by 1-2 years) commercially canned food that his wife refused to eat. The food was things liked canned stew, beans, spaghetti, vegetables, and soup. During the great depression my mother worked for the Ball Jar company traveling around the country giving canning demonstrations. She taught both my brother and me what was safe and unsafe regarding canned foods. With mom’s knowledge I was happy to take the canned goods that he gave me. So now I have my meals planned for at least the next month though after this trip I may never eat beans & bacon again!

Wow Frank, a close call driving! And here I thought all the country’s terrible drivers were concentrated in Houston TX. When I first moved to Houston from the Chicago area I couldn’t believe the Houston drivers, they were awful! Then I realized it was the weather that made the difference. In the north we had upwards of 5-6 months of icy roads, all the really incompetent drivers killed themselves off in the winter time. Darwin in action!

I’ll never forget the first time my golden retriever flushed a turkey. Man alive, compared to smaller birds it was like watching a B52 take off. The bird didn’t so much flush as it lumbered into the air. If I’d had even a .22 rifle with me I could’ve easily been eating turkey that day. Samba died of old age a few years ago and do I ever still miss that dog. The sweetest tempered most intelligent dog I ever had.

Well, this ADD addled rolling stone’s gotta ramble before I start collecting moss. Have a great day all y’all!

Steve
Old 04-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #4529

Winnebago Owners Club
I think it's very cool with so many of you meeting each other via this forum. It's truly amazing how you can meet others from internet forums. I actually met my wife via AOL chat rooms back in the 1996 and have been together ever since! If anyone ever makes out to the west coast we should have a meet up for some camping. PNW is a great place to visit so much to do and our summers recently have been outstanding!!!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #4530

Frank
That's exactly what I meant when I post "WATCH OUT FOR IDIOTS"!
You did a good job my friend .....way scarier losing a brake line doing that than last summer when I lost one backing onto some planks on my campsite !
I feel so much better now that I have all new copper nickel lines on mine !
But you beat me out with those new tires ! (Next on my list , along with some 16" rims to get me away from the 16 1/2" nightmare !

Rail and Terry are actually in the same place !(or soon will be)
Have a pow wow around the campfire for the rest of us !

Lynne
Get behind the other components and tug on the wires while holding onto the ones behind the TV to find out which go where. Other than that , what Gordon said

Turkey Hunters
Up here ,we just drive the back roads and look for a flock crossing the road ,,,,VRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM.....LUNCH !
Old 04-28-2016, 09:14 PM   #4531
bap

LOL,,POPEYE,,save the shells,,,

but as far as turkey hunting ,,i love getting up on these eastern kentucky hills before the little song birds even wake up watching the spring stars up in the heavens then hearing the song birds wake up singing there love songs,,,as the sun starts brighning up the land then the sound of a lonesome gobble thunders from the forest..i wait patiently for him to do his fly down cackle then start his gobbling ..then i start yelping a seductive hen call at him and try and reverse nature by tricking him to come to me not the hen going to him,,-----he gobbles at my calling for an hour then goes completly silent ..minutes pass that seems like hours....then suddenly he gobbles so close you can feel it vibrate your soul..there he is 30 yards to my left strutting in the morning sun ..slowly dancing my way...i ready my shotgun accross my knee and snuggling the buttstock tight against my shoulder and my cheeck down on the comb linning up the sights,,,carefull now because his sharp eye can catch the slightest movement ....as i line up my shot i thank GOD above for allowing me this wonderfull morning and the food he has provided....----to me spring turkey hunting is soo much more than shooting a turkey,,its the end of a winter and the birth of nature coming to life again---ahhh the sound and sights of spring is a joyous event..

sorry if this bores some of you or it sounds silly,, but for me its what i wait for all year and there is no better eating than fresh fried wild turkey breast strips...

....and that RAIL is how i hunt turkey...---i use to bowhunt them before i broke my back but not anymore..--and i shoot them on the ground not flying,,,they dont like to fly ,,but buddy they can sure run...lol

everyone have a goodnight,,---catch ya in da morning bright and early..

...bap
Old 04-29-2016, 04:29 AM   #4532
bap

dear lord...i must have been drunk when i wrote that last night....but i dont drink...lol

anyway....goooodmorning my friends,,,,,

TERRY,ELANOR,,RAIL JIRA,,,-- i know you guy,s are having a great time for sure,,,soo happy that you folks are getting to talk in person,,who would have thought when we joined this forum that we would all get so close,,like we have all known each other all our lives,,,,--what a tribe we have become...--enjoy!!!

GORDAN,, glad you got the brakes fixed and your sfe and sound !!!

everone have a great day and stay safe !!!

jeff
Old 04-29-2016, 07:08 AM   #4533

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather not so much, the birds were singing until about 15 minutes ago, a big clap of thunder, and the storm is coming, should be here within the next half hour.
popeye,
How right you are about the IDIOT drivers.
Steve,
I think that you may have something there about the winters thinning the herds.
Octanefam,
It is really nice meeting up with the people on here, so far Rita and I have met 6 of the couples that frequent this site. Looking forward to meeting more in the future.
Bap,
I don't hunt, but I agree with the sitting out watching spring unfold, nature at its best.
Have a great day all, and stay dry,
Frank
Old 04-29-2016, 08:21 AM   #4534

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful cool sunny Arizona morning. I already miss it and I haven’t left yet! I’ll be leaving either tomorrow or Sunday. I have a myriad of small tasks to complete before I set out for Alaska. Moving my home-on-wheels to my friends place Saturday and then leaving early Sunday appeals to me since I’d be driving through both Tucson and Phoenix on Sunday. It’s odd, having lived so many years in the Chicago and Houston areas I never thought I’d be concerned over big city traffic, LOL.

There’s been an ongoing discussion about hunting. I like to look upon hunting as a celebration of being human. When you think of early man living on the African savannah, not very fast, with no fangs or claws it’s absolutely amazing that we aren’t extinct. But God gave us brains and the ability to make tools such as clubs, knives, and spears to compensate for our lack of speed, claws and fangs. He made us social creatures that learned to protect one another and finally hunt together. He made us omnivores with a gut capable of digesting nearly anything. I just think of our humble beginnings, as easy prey for anything with four legs, and where we’re at today, in a large part because man learned to hunt, and I’m very proud of species and glad to still be able to hunt. And that’s my sermon of the day!

One of the problems with car camping is that you can bring it with you. I’ll be bringing things on a “what if? Or I may need that!” basis. But camping out of my Caravan for two months will be a bit different than the typical weekend outing.

BTW I’m going to hose the engine compartment with “Critter Ridder” a varmint repellant. Anyone have experience with this product? I also read that modern car wiring, insulated with soy based plastic, is very tasty to critters. From the best I can tell my RV’s wiring is all insulated with petroleum based insulation which is not typically considered food by our four legged friends. Again, anyone have any comments or experience they’d like to share.

Steve
Old 04-29-2016, 08:41 AM   #4535
cwk

OK. Let me try posting this in the right thread this time.

Good morning, everyone!

Just a quick note to check in. Both of us have been very busy lately with work, etc.

Glad to hear Frank & Rita are ok. Thanks for the pictures. The site along the river looked great along with your mention of the tugs and barges.

Great to see Mona and the Tot'r together. That means 4 great people are doing what we all want to do: get out and enjoy life! I think half of the fun is finding/fixing/building our rigs. The other half is using them. Thanks for the pictures. No leaves on the trees, so spring isn't quite there yet.

Steve, sounds like the trip plans are almost complete and you are ready for a wonderful time. It's been many years since I have been up that way and would love to visit again. Pictures, please!

Bobby, We are doing some down-sizing ourselves right now. We have been thinking of just tossing stuff as well. I mentioned your concert tickets to Bev last night. It got us thinking. I wonder what we might have hidden away that would work on ebay!

Ashton, Welcome! (I know. Wrong thread. But, just in case he decides to visit here.)

Popeye, Love your version of turkey hunting for lunch.

Lynne, How are the summer trip plans coming along? Is your coach ready for the fun yet?

I know I missed more of you. Everyone else, I hope things are going well.

Building update: Still waiting for the county to approve the building permit. They have been taking about 3 weeks for approvals lately. Meanwhile I've talking to the power company about how to run electric to the new building. That is about a month away, so we should be good on timing. Final completion timing may be touch and go. We are hoping the new building will be complete and ready for move-in before our drop-dead date on leaving the old facility. There might be some temporary storage for things as the move-out date is non-negotiable. It just makes life interesting. No matter how it goes, there will be a lot of stuff to move. Downsize anyone?

Well, back to work today. I have three projects to complete in the next few weeks while getting ready to move everything to a building that does not exist yet. Time to get it done.

Everyone, Have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #4536

Winnebago Owners Club
Afternoon. Well got the computer pretty much set up. W10 is OK. Not having as much difficulty as I thought figuring out stuff. Actually like some of the new features. Have the touch screen so another learning curve is available.

Bad news is I need a new mother board. Spent a couple hours with a tech and all of the upgrades and installs did not fix a display driver issue. Repair tech is showing up on Monday with the new parts.