Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2016, 07:45 PM   #4537

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Wow Frank, you just missed it thank God. Glad you two are safe. Did it freak the cat out? Does she travel in the 5th wheel all the time and not up in the truck with you?

Gordon, W10 is not too bad. You get used to it just like you get used to the first one you use. I knew I could come here and ask questions about the TV wire situation and get an answer. Just got to get the rig back and then do it.

cwk, getting work done on the MH right now. They are replacing the passenger side dbl-pane window where the seal broke. Window is out right now and the broken seal window out getting replaced. They will then put it back together and re-install. Then, we will go camping. Couple of girlfriends and I are going to go away one weekend and probably get in a bit of trouble, but what the heck, got to have some fun.

The Left windshield had a spot in it where it looked like it had been hit by a big hammer and spider cracked out to several spots. We knew about it when we bought it. Knew it would need replaced eventually. Figured get the side window done this year, the levelers fixed, the radio and TV and do the windshield next year. It decided to crack more. Don't want to wait any longer so told them to replace the windshield too. They haven't been able to find a replacement.

I got on line last night and sent out 2 inquiries and received a "Yes, we have one." and forwarded that info to the repair shop so they can get it delivered and replaced so probably going to have it a bit longer. Jerry and I just don't want to play with it.

Popeye, when we started looking at the TV DVD player system, we found certain items are attached with a very strong holding Velcro. When the rig comes back we will be pulling these out (probably going to take a crow bar to loosen the Velcro) and see where things connect. Shouldn't take much I hope. Then have to build a box to hold the TV and bracket. We'll get it eventually. I saw a guy (with a brand new truck) hunt turkey like that one time and his truck took the brunt of it and what a mess. Do you have a special turkey hunting grill on yours?

Bap, I want to tell you how lovely I think your hunting story was. Not in the winter, but this time of year, when I go out to work in the morning, I stand outside for a while and just look at the sky. No sound, just stars, peace and quiet and me. Love it so your story sounds wonderful to me. Now I have to make sure I come down during turkey season so I can go out hunting with you. I think Jerry and I are going to be visiting a while with you and Debbie.

Steve, Do you plan to take a lot of pics on your trip? I sure hope so, we will want to see them. Be safe most of all. I think you are going to see some beautiful scenery.

Take care all, going to be busy tomorrow. Be safe, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:17 PM   #4538
bap

goodevening my friends,,,
getting ready to hit the sack,,,had a day on the tracktor bush hogging,,then working on one of our rentals,,the people that moved into it a month ago tore it up good,,the worst yet and only took them a month...lol

LYNNE,, that would be great!!!!! you and JERRY are welcome anytime !!!!

well gotta go 4am gets here fast...lol

goodnight my friends....
jeff
Old 04-30-2016, 06:26 AM   #4539

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, rained off and on all day yesterday, cloudy this morning and damp 62*, but going up to near 80 this afternoon. New tires on the back of the TV, so truck is all set to go.
Lynne,
Yes cat rides in the 5er, she doesn't like to ride in the truck, she either hides under the bed or under/behind the couch. She usually comes out after we get set up within an hour, after that ride she didn't come out for over 2 hours. She is doing ok now.
Geocritter,
It sounds like you are about to begin a real adventure, be safe and let us know how you are doing along the way when you can. Most of all, enjoy your adventures.

Went out to dinner last night with some of the early arrivals(16 of us), had a good time/ Branson reminds me of Pigeon Forge. It is nice and a lot to do snd see, but it sure is a tourist trap.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:14 AM   #4540

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I awoke this morning after nearly 8 hours of sleep (I must’ve been really tired!) to another beautifully sunny Arizona day. This wonderful Arizona weather keeps trying to seduce me into staying! It’s decided, assuming no last minute delays, I’ll be relocating my RV to my friends place later this afternoon and then taking off for Alaska in my Caravan Sunday morning. I’ll try and communicate along the way, at least while I’m in the US (I don’t want to pay Canadian roaming charges).

As for photos, I’m bringing several cameras on my Alaska trip. My son keeps trying to turn me into a photographer and has equipped me with a SLR Cannon Rebel and a Cannon G10. However, I’m seldom ever very satisfied with my picture layouts, I just don’t seem to have the eye for it. Maybe if I take enough at least a few will be satisfactory.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #4541
bap

gooodmorning my friends,,,,just came out of the turkey woods,,,another great day,,no better place to wake up than deep in the spring woods...lol

STEVE,,,i love taking pictures but im not good at it so i just snap ALOT of pics and then weed threw them for the decent ones..lol,,,i gotta admit im jealous of your alaske trip,,always wanted to go but never have the time or funds to do it the way i would want...

RAIL n TERRY must be having a great time but we all knew they would,,,sure hope they post some pics,,,,,---ya know RAIL we all love pics...lol

gotta get busy on the rental unit and hope to work on the scotty some today...

...jeff
Old 04-30-2016, 09:12 PM   #4542

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocritter View Post

.. ....Again, anyone have any comments or experience they’d like to share.

Steve
Hello everyone. I have been a lurker for quite a while here. I think I know all of you.

I love reading about everyone's opinions and trials and adventures and projects. My respects to all.

Steve's upcoming adventure for a trip to Alaska reminded me of one of my own. My wife and I made a trip to Alaska in our '74 Ford van with a platform bed built in the back, a coleman kerosene stove, canned pork and beans and no schedule.

Hey Steve, if you come around this way, stop in for some green tea and biscuits. We are about an hour west of Edmonton, about 10 minutes north of 43.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	125695   Click image for larger version

Name:	xtraGas017.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	125696  

Old 05-01-2016, 02:59 AM   #4543
bap

goodmorning everyone,,

coffee is great this morning,,,,---hey anyone heard from curtis,,havent seen him on for awhile,,what about jay or bobby,,--sure hope there ok..

and welcome chinewalker to the otherside of lurking,,,please join in more ,,love the pics and the bellbottom jeans,,lol..

everone have a great and safe day !!!

jeff
Old 05-01-2016, 03:50 AM   #4544

Good morning all!

Life is cruel, It is Sunday, I have no place to go and I wake up at 5am and can't sleep! Tomorrow I have to work and I will be sound asleep when it is time to go.

Back from the mountain house, spent 2 days there cleaning the basement. Dad had a TON of stuff in there, mostly tools, lots of tools. My trailer is full. Many are dupes of what I already have, so we split them with my brother and my son. Now I have to unload my "stuff" and find someplace to put it all.

Real estate agent came, walked thru, measured, will get me a market assessment by middle of the week. My friend John was with me, he took some drone shots to be used in the sale process.

I don't hunt, but that trip in the woods early morning sounds great. I do like to shoot, and have a small collection of guns, but haven't hunted in 30 years.

Hmmm, no pictures from Terry or Rail? I guess they are having too much fun.

Steve, enjoy your trip. Maybe next year for us. I will back the requests for pictures. Very interested in doing this ourselves.

Frank, sounds like the rig is ready to roll. Never been to Branson, if you can do pics please include.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:49 AM   #4545

Alaska is calling and I must go!

I’m leaving beautiful sunny Sierra Vista AZ this morning in my trusty Caravan headed for two months exploring the Great White North.

Please wish me good luck and happy travels.

Welcome Chinewalker I may just do that. I have to check later, right now I'm in the middle of officially departing and it's a bit chaotic! BTW they're a great bunch here.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:10 AM   #4546

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

ChineWalker, welcome to the group. Don't just lurk, join in. As you can tell, we have all become great friends. A lot of us are on a thread called "Total Rebuild" It is over 5000 post but if you have the time and want to go through it, I think you will be amazed.

Steve, when you look at a scene (mountain, water fall, rive, field) that is the picture you take. The pictures I like best are the ones that are not staged. We went on a cruise and were standing by the rail and a oriental family (no English) came by and he offered to take our picture ( through hand movements he offered). Jerry and I have a beautiful picture from that. I offered (I don't talk oriental) and took a picture of them. They stood very still and stiff and no smiles. Dad, Mom, oldest child, nest youngest, and so on.

After taking that picture I signaled for him to hold on. Put him on the end, Mom the other end, put the kids in the middle, and had them either hug the child closest to them or put a arm around them. Then I made a funny face and they laughed. Showed them the first picture and then the 2nd one and he shoved his camera at me and signaled to move them again.

I moved them again, put my hands at my neck for the little girl and motioned flicking my hair out. Put her brother on his one knee and hand to jaw, other brother over them with his arms positioned like the Hulk and Mom and Dad smiling down on them and took the picture. Dad again handed me back the camera and it continued on for about 15 pictures. They loved it and we did not speak each others language and we loved it.

I just like the foolish funny pictures best. Apparently they did too. Just take pictures and you may get something really great without intending to.

The MH should have the side dbl pane window done this week. They couldn't find a windshield in MI apparently and said they weren't sure they could do that one so I got on the internet. I found one in Lippert, IND of course and gave them the info on Friday so they should get it ordered Monday and 3 to 5 days to deliver and then install. TV awaits the return of the rig.

Otherwise, the weather is rainy today and probably most of the week. Went to the sportsman club yesterday for spring cleanup and place looks much better. Pistol range is very nice. Should be a great summer.

You all have a great day and talk with you later, Stay safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #4547

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
Sorry about no pics or anything? No phone signal, and no WiFi at the last CG! Rain here too, sounds like it is raining all over the US! Here are some pic's from the CG we stayed at last night! How's that for a water fall! And some of Eleanor's art work, she painted on the screens of the TH! Great job!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1462117637545.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	125727   Click image for larger version

Name:	1462117687610.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	125728  

Name:	1462117747549.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	125730   Click image for larger version

Name:	1462117838489.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	125731  

Name:	1462117861920.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	125732  
Old 05-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #4548
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good afternoon, everyone!

Steve, SAFE TRAVELS!

Rail, Fantastic pictures. Waterfall is beautiful. Seeing all of the smiling faces is even better.

Eleanor, Very nice art work.

Lynne, Great story of the photo session. I have seen the "line-up" photo sessions also. No smiles. That was a great welcome across cultures, and without words. Love it!

Lloyd, Isn't moving stuff fun? NOT!

Chinewalker, Welcome.

Jeff, I take photos the same way. Shoot a lot of them, and at least a few should turn out interesting. Isn't that what professional photographers do as well? At least the "film" is inexpensive or, should I say "reusable"?

Frank, We've been to Pigeon Forge. And, have talked about Branson. That sounds like a nice trip for our future Class A. The "tourist trap" areas can be interesting for "people watching" sometimes. I've learned to "wait outside" some of the shops while Bev likes to look at stuff.

Terry, How did it feel to get to use what you built from the ground up by yourself? Congratulations on the maiden voyage!

Everyone, Have a Great Day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #4549

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon All, Steve, safe travels Bap, I'm with you on the sitting out and watching everything waking up, I don't hunt anymore but have spent many mornings reflecting. Chinewalker, welcome! Charles, We took the TH out last year a couple of times, but the Tot'r was a first on her and she did fine! but yes it is very exciting to use these rigs knowing what went into them. well the weather is crappy for the next week, so need to find something to do. Catch all later!
Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #4550

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Beautiful day here, will try to send it east.
Rail,
Nice pics, where to next?
Lloyd,
Will do on the pics as the week progresses, I don't think there is a straight or level road in or around Branson. Good place to visit.
Charles,
It is definitely a must do place, it is touristy which takes away from some of the charm, but I would still highly recommend at least spending a few days here, if not a week or two.
Lynne,
That is a wonderful thing that you did with that family.
That's all for now, got to run,
Have a wonderful day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »