Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #4551

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Evening Everyone!
Frank, I guess my "somtimers" is kicking in! I posted the pics and the response in Terrys thread!
Here are a couple more Pic's for Bap! Rail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160501_132229.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	125767

Name:	IMG_20160501_132854.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	125768

Name:	IMG_20160501_133923.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	125769

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2016, 04:08 AM   #4552
bap

goodmorning coffee lovers...lol

sitten here trying to wake up///need more coffee..lol

been turkey hunting every morning for the last couple weeksthen coming in and working till after dark on a rental unit of ours and the scotty....after today i may take a day off.....im beat....lol

turkey is the only thing i hunt anymore and if i didnt love to eat wild turkey so much i wouldnt hunt them but i would still go into the spring woods just like i do now...

gotta run its getting late,,,,,,have a blessed day

STEVE,, safe travels,,,---hope you can stay in touch..

RAIL,,,thanks for the pictures,,,,would love to go there some day..

Old 05-02-2016, 04:31 AM   #4553

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
goodmorning coffee lovers...lol

sitten here trying to wake up///need more coffee..lol

been turkey hunting every morning for the last couple weeksthen coming in and working till after dark on a rental unit of ours and the scotty....after today i may take a day off.....im beat....lol

turkey is the only thing i hunt anymore and if i didnt love to eat wild turkey so much i wouldnt hunt them but i would still go into the spring woods just like i do now...

gotta run its getting late,,,,,,have a blessed day

STEVE,, safe travels,,,---hope you can stay in touch..

RAIL,,,thanks for the pictures,,,,would love to go there some day..
Where do you hunt? My nephew basically grew up on a private hunting preserve with trophy deer all over. He has hunted lots of places out west and in Alaska and can do any hunting he wants to. He absolutely loves turkey hunting. I think it must require a lot of skill
Old 05-02-2016, 06:02 AM   #4554

Good Morning All!

63* here, very humid. We had more thunder storms roll through last night, no damage but very soggy here. Local station says some parts of our area got 7" of rain last couple days. I think today is supposed to clear out.

I got the trailer unloaded of my share of Dad's stuff. I tried my best to put things away as I went, but there is a lot and some stuff I don't have a plan for yet. So more to do down there.

My Dad was a mechanic when I was a young boy. I got his mechanics tool chest. The bottom is a brand I never heard of (but appears to be good quality) there are 3 sections on top of the rolling unit, which are snap on. Lots of tools in there, most are dupes I already have.

I am thinking about refinishing the tool box. Some of my earliest memories are getting tools out of that box for him. The paint has worn off in lots of areas, and there is surface rust but the boxes are solid and ready for more use. I could keep it as is, if not for the rust.

Friends came over yesterday, she just got a new handgun and wanted to try it out. We have a small pistol range out back. One thing lead to another, and we were all shooting and having a great time. My hand is sore this morning,,, I think I shot too many rounds through my 44 mag!!!

Rail, those pics are great. Glad Mona if working out so well.

Jealous of all you folks on the road, my time will come.

Frank, have you and Rita taken in some shows? My Dad loved one that was owned/managed by a Asian guy? Can't think of the name. It is a variety show?

Well I have to work today, 59 days to go!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:03 AM   #4555

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Cool and Breezy this morning with a slight drizzle.
no shows yet Lloyd, but today we go to American Bandstand Grill for lunch, then the Celebrity Car Museum, tonite is Sons of Britches show.
Will give more detail later, have to go set up for morning coffee
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:07 AM   #4556

Good morning everyone. 55į and cloudy in the Texas Hill Country this morning. Luckily the coffee is still hot. More rain in the forecast. Have a great day!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:02 AM   #4557

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Another terrible day here - if you are hoping for rain! Sunny and going to be warm. Plum and cherry trees blooming so a few warm days to let the bees do their work will be OK.

Computer tech coming today. Setup is going fine on the new computer but am getting a display driver error. Did the software updates but Dell is going to replace the mother board. Janet's computer is working fine.

Had a good bike ride yesterday. I know - pictures or it did not happen. But it did, just no camera to prove it.

Good to hear everyone is doing well.

Have a grand day.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #4558

Goooodafternoon all yíall!!!

I had a good uneventful first day on the road yesterday. Left Sierra Vista in my trusty soccer-mom mobile at 8am. The days big event was getting rained on driving through Phoenix (go figure that out!). My Caravanís been getting between 26-28mpg, better than I hoped for.

Arrived in Flagstaff around 3pm and it was so full of traffic and hectic I decided not to stay and drove on 89 north towards Page but took 89A west to the Jacob Lake Campground, which was closed, so I pulled off into the woods and spent the night under a really beautiful sky. I awoke this morning at 5:30 to frosted car windows and three turkeys strutting past my Caravan. Rather than make coffee right away I continued on until about 8am and when I pulled over for breakfast and coffee. The drive up through Utah on 89 was beautiful! However, I took Hwy 20 over to I-15. Iím a little upset with Utah, no rest areas! Theyíre calling truck stops rest areas. I wonder what kind of kick-back the state politicians got for doing that.

So thatís my day Iím currently at the Maverick truck stop/rest area in Fillmore Utah. Itís time to hit the road Iíll try to download some photos after I have a chance to review what Iíve taken.

Iím glad all yíall seem to be doing well.

Steve
Old 05-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #4559

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve - sounds like you had a great first day of travel. Best wishes that it only gets better.

Well the tech came by and replaced the mother board. So far no more display driver messages. Hopefully it will remain that way.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #4560

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you for the welcomes.

I really enjoy reading this thread. Plans about travel, goin' down the road.
I haven't been able to go anywhere this past winter season. In November my wife spent about 3+ weeks with her 94 year old mother in Winnipeg, about 900 miles east from here. I drove her there and then took advantage of the situation and drove to Carthage MO to visit ColawRV to pick up a couple of "new" basement doors.

Then in the middle of January my wife flew back to Winnipeg for a month and last week she went back again, this time driving with both daughters and the grandson to visit "Mamere" in the hospital. Daughters just came back safely this evening, my wife stayed there.

Getting to do it how I like it for at least another 3 weeks.

cheers everyone

Jim
Old 05-03-2016, 04:02 AM   #4561
bap

OULSTEE,, i hunt mostly on my farm here in easten ky,,--i always said turkey are the smartst dumb critters on the planet they are also the most beautiful ugly things youll ever see....lol

WELCOME ,,TEXASRV,,,to a great thread with great folks on here..

JIM,, great to see ya back this morning...

STEVE,,,cool to wake up to....nice alarm clock...lol
Old 05-03-2016, 07:01 AM   #4562

Winnebago Owners Club
Sitting here enjoying my fresh roast while reflecting on our trip to Beaver Bend State Park, Hochatown, OK over the last 8 days. Except for two nights of some serious storms at night, it was a great trip.
What we learned from this trip was that we need to upgrade our dinette cushions, ouch!!
Has anyone re-upholstered their dinettes using coil springs instead of foam??
Our Minnie is a 2015 so replacement is not because of age but that of improving the quality of the cushioning effect.
H-12Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #4563

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
currently, 50,
Coffee is wonderful
Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum last night, so here it is
Evening,
Rail, I'm having the same problem, Alternator, it started in Iowa on the way home last month. Squeals like porky pig. I'm glad it happened on the way home and not on the way last fall.
I also came home with 2-3 leaks (Same area) I have a faint hunch where they are too.
My brother sold his last pup today 11 out of 12 and they are keeping the 12th. The mother is 12th out of a litter of 12.
He's really having a rough time finding someone to do the clean up from the barn fire last fall, a pretty big pile of ruble. I told him it's too big of a job for us to tackle. What a mess.
Got the yard cleaned up and fertilized. Tulips and daffodil's are up Hostas and the roses are going to town. Strawberries coming soon. Going to try and start the tiller for the garden tomorrow. Then we can plant and I'm not going over board this year.
Boy what they say about AZ weather and arthritis must be true because I have been pretty stiff and sore since we got home. I don't think October will get here fast enough.
Going to be in the upper 70ties to 80 by the end of the week.

Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #4564

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, we have been going thru a 55 cup pot each morning (about 20 people), weather is cool but nice.
Tim,
I answered your post on the Total Rebuild thread.
Jim,
If I haven't already, welcome to the thread, happy to have you.
Mike,
Same goes for you and Linda.
Ok now some pics, the first is what you don't want to do, watch your overhead clearances especially pulling into gas stations/convenience marts.
Frank
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0648.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	125908  

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote