Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:48 AM   #4565

Retired Fire Service RVer's
We went to a "Legends in Concert" show, Then after dinner saw "The Sons of Britches" show, both were excellent and well worth going to see. Today we are going to the Fantastic Caves outside of Springfield.
1st pic is of the water tower, then of the back row, which we were in. The last just shows some of the park.
Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0635.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	125911   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0637.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	125912  

Name:	DSCN0630.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	549.8 KB
ID:	125913  

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #4566

Frank, that roof looks bad! Did it just get the "stuff" up there? Or destroy the roof itself.

Looks like a nice campground! I would enjoy the shows, I like that stuff.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #4567

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Frank, that roof looks bad! Did it just get the "stuff" up there? Or destroy the roof itself.

Looks like a nice campground! I would enjoy the shows, I like that stuff.

L.
Looks like the cover off of the A/C partly peeled back. They have the TV antenna up so I wonder if they are even aware of the cover?
Old 05-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #4568

Gordon,
He knows about it, thats how we know that he pulled into a gas station with a low canopy. TV antenna is not up, it just about cleaned the front A/c off, I don't know about the roof, you just can't tell without getting up there, but it is not pretty.
Lloyd,
It is a nice park, sites are a little close, but manageable. The staff and owners are very friendly and helpful. We went to Fantastic Cave and took a ride on the trolley pulled by a Jeep, very interesting, then we stopped at Lambert's Cafe for dinner, I think you gain 10# every meal you eat there. Tomorrow is an off day so we are going down to the old downtown and see what's there.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0656.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	125958

Name:	DSCN0659.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	125959

Name:	DSCN0665.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	125961

Name:	DSCN0674.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	125962
Frank
Old 05-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #4569

Winnebago Owners Club
Yup - what I thought was a tv antenna looks like a power pole on second look.

Nice pictures.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:33 AM   #4570

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Posted in wrong fourm

Morning,
currently 49, BoooHooo
coffee is tasting mighty fine this morning.
octanefam,
If you are referring to me, We had a blast I even had the toad with and no problems with the MH she ran flawlessly. But we had a problem with the KarKaddySS. The MH used 1/2 quart of oil there and 1/2 quart back pretty good I think.
I agree a nice DP would be nice but if it doesn't happen I am happy too try it again. We got a lot of compliments on the old gal. One thing I was really happy with was with the new tires I had put on before we left. I found she likes 65 pretty well but really sucked the gas, best mileage was driving around 58-60.
I had one of my shocks pop off when we went to get propane the other day. I never heard anything or felt anything we were putting the tire covers on yesterday when we found it just hanging there. I went to the hardware store and bought a new bolt ,nut and lock washer. We re-torqued it and checked the other 3 and they were tight. I'm hoping it fell off (bolt) in the parking lot and not out on the Hwy.

Franka548,
Too late I already used it and it stopped the Squealing. The neighbor gave me a rebuild kit for it if needed. I'll know next time we take her out.

I have a Cardinal that comes to the tree next to the MH every morning and He starts calling out. Almost the same time every morning. We had a nesting pair last year in the pear tree. I wonder if its the same pair.
Rail, glad your enjoying Mona and enjoying her.
That's about it from here,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #4571

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - with the way you guys have the MH and caddy polished up they look better than new.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:34 AM   #4572
cwk

Good morning, all!

I hope everyone is doing ok. For those of you traveling, be safe.

I have a security question and am looking for some opinions. I have two cargo trailers that normally live behind my S&B in a fenced yard and essentially out of sight for the most part. It is a pretty safe neighborhood, but we are moving to a new location. The new neighborhood is supposed to be pretty crime-free, but the trailers will be much more exposed to the street view. I have thought of a solid fence to block the view from the street (currently there is a 4' chain link fence), but that will not happen any time soon. BTW, this will be at the 5-year property I've mentioned before.

Meanwhile, to keep the bigger trailer secure I keep it hitched and locked to my Jeep while it is parked in front of the house, and use a padlock on the hitch coupler latch (see photos) when in the backyard. The little trailer usually is in the backyard with its own padlock on the hitch coupler latch.

I am looking for a way to better secure the trailers when not attached to the Jeep. I have seen locks that attach over the hitch coupler, locks that fit between the tandem wheels, wheel locks, etc. All of them can be defeated by a professional, or someone with a lot of determination and time, of course. But, what would be your recommendations?

Here are photos of the trailer and the hitch (with the padlock on the hitch latch).

Everyone, please have a great day. We only get today once, so enjoy it as best as you can.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0642A.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	126017  
Attached Images

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #4573

Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, beautiful morning, but very windy.
Charles, they make a lock that goes into the ball and surrounds the hitch, so it would be very difficult to circumvent. One of the wheel locks would also be a good idea.
Tim,
It will be ok for a while on the belt, but just be aware that the belt will deteriorate over a period of time. The main thing is to find out if the belt is worn out , the pulley, or the alternator itself going bad, and fix the root problem.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 05-04-2016, 12:00 PM   #4574

Hi Charles, you are wise to be concerned about your trailers,,,, they are high on the list of stolen items.

The hitch locks are useless. The criminals will back up to the trailer, and tightly chain it to the hitch on their truck and be gone in minutes. They then go somewhere a short distance away and work on the hitch locks. Use the hitch locks,,, but they will not stop theft.

The best option is a wheel lock, or a high quality chain through the wheels. It prevents them from being towed. When you chain, think about chain routing to prevent a bypass by simply removing the wheel, go thru the frame, the springs or something that prevents a wheel bypass.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #4575

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a beautiful sunny day and I’m in Shelby Montana about ready to cross into Canada.

Yesterday was fun, I visited Craters of the Moon NM for the first time since 1978. It was beautiful in an other worldly sort of way. I spent Monday night there toured the park all morning and then headed north into Montana. While I was in southwestern Montana I visited Virginia City and the nearby Madison River Valley area. Back in 1956 I’d purchased a book called The Rising Arrow about the adventures of two kids at their uncles Montana sheep ranch and it took place in that area. The book was a favorite of mine that I read so many times I almost had it memorized. It was nice to put the countryside where it took place in perspective.

I spent last night in a I-15 rest area north of Butte. The drive up I-15 through the mountains is incredible. It follows the Missouri River for quite a ways with some stunning views of the river. I’ll be frank, I took pictures but probably won’t be posting any until I reach my friend’s house in Anchorage.

I hope all y’all have been having great times and great weather!

Steve
Old 05-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #4576

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi All,

Coffee was really good and hot this AM to chase away the chill from all the rain. Beautiful and sunny yesterday and then cold and rainy on my day off. BOOHOO! Looks like it will rain through the weekend just like at Terry's.

Charles, Could you take a tire off and put it in the garage? Just a thought, might be a hassle, but would be better than a stolen trailer.

Frank, You and Rita must be having a great time. We haven't gotten there but may one day. I've been checking out CG's in NC for when I retire to be down by my brother so we can visit him and his wife. Been too long since I've seen them.

Well, going to get busy with some things. MH still at repair so no TV cabinet made yet. We have time for the camping season.

Take care all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #4577

Winnebago Owners Club
Charles: I don't think it matters. If someone wants it bad enough they will take it. I tend to like my stuff so take some extra precautions but as long as you have enough so the insurance company is satisfied you took enough precautions you should be golden.

We keep our trailers in a shed, so out of sight.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #4578

Good Evening Gang,
Toured the old town Branson this afternoon and then had dinner at a nice Irish Pub, had a good time. No pics today.
Lynne,
Yes we are having fun. Tomorrow is a busy day, 2 shows with dinner in between, then Friday is a dinner cruise. So 2 good days with lots of fun. Where in NC is your brother? Lloyd or one of the others may be able to recommend a good CG that is nearby.
Have a great evening all,
Frank