Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #4579

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Well we got a few sprinkles last night and are getting a few drops right now. Cloudy and cool but we definitely need more moisture.

We need moisture but Fort McMurray is desperate. The entire city has been evacuated and now they are evacuating outlying towns and villages. The last report is over 1600 structures lost and more are burning. It is a sad time for everyone in the city. Many have lost everything as the forced evacuation did not give them much time. From the 10am all is well to the 12:05 be prepared to the 12:15 go now many were caught unprepared. They interviewed one fellow who said they would not let him take his Class A.

Our prayers are with all who are affected. Hoping for rain and calm weather to assist the brave firefighters who are battling huge odds.

No one has been directly killed from the fire. Apparently a car accident has claimed the lives of the passengers of an SUV that ran head on into a semi. The evacuation is over so there should be no more car accidents. Pray for the firefighters.

Have a great day everyone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #4580

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is tasty this morning!
We are at my son's house, and it is very peaceful! We went and rented a car yesterday, so today, renew my driver's license, and laundry!
Frank, looks like you are having a great time!
Alt. comes off this weekend and off to the rebuilders! Also the plastic cap on the window awning broke so it will have to be replaced. All in all, Mona did great, and I couldn't be happier! Here is Mona sitting in her new spot at my son's!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1462456411053.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	126105  

Old 05-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #4581

Winnebago Owners Club
Just bumped into a fire fighter friend who will be on his way shortly to Fort McMurray. Prayers for him and his crew.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #4582

Winnebago Owners Club
Hello all, yesterday took a two hour drive to pick up my nephew who had to evacuate from Ft McMurray in Atwater, about a 2 hr drive from where I'm at.

He got out in a hurry, jumped into his roommate's truck and drove south.
The other guys were on their way back to Saskatchewan, so rather than coming this way I agreed to pick him up about 3 hrs south of FtMac.

Lots of traffic. Lots of grim faces.

My wife and I worked at Syncrude from '79 to '81 and lived in the camps and in the Town.

My thoughts and prayers with all those on the move, not knowing if there's anything to go back to.

My nephew lives in Calgary, contracts in FtMac, 3 weeks in, 1 week out for 4 months. His dad, my brother in law in Edmonton, just had his replacement knee removed bacause of an infection, so he couldn't go.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #4583

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Our thoughts and prayers to all that's affected, certainly not a good situation.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:00 PM   #4584

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Prayers to all in the fires path and their families who are worried. Fires are nasty business.

Keep safe all. Looks like Mona is sitting in for a bit of a rest. Glad you are with family.

Frank, My brother lives in Jacksonville by Camp Legune. There is a place close to him that is a small CG which works fine for me but I am also thinking while there we may spend a month there and move to another CG just to see different things.

Mostly, I just want to spend some time with my Brother and his Wife.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:26 AM   #4585
bap

goodmorning----prayers sent to all affected...

stay safe my friends!!!
Old 05-06-2016, 06:59 AM   #4586

Payers for the fires sent. I hope you all get some rain. Very scary stuff.

51* here today, clear sky now, bu possible rain this afternoon.

I am still putting stuff away in my barn, Dad had a lot of tools that were dupes of what I have,,,, and many that were not. I can't bare to pass a tool that I don't have. I don't want all the tools in the world, just the ones I don't have!

Some of the stuff I have now, a battery cable maker, cutter and crimper and probably 100 various ends, a door jam saw, bandsaw, hardwood floor nailer, brad nailer, pic a part compartments with roll pins, snap rings, O rings, cotter pins (up to 3/4"!) , woodruff keys, set screws, etc, angle drill, and large selection of hole saws, a Milwaukee hole hawg, and it just keeps going. This is after my brother took what he wanted and I filled a trailer for my son!!

Hope everyone is doing well? This weekends project is getting the dumping station done for the RV site down at my barn, connecting it into the barn sewer system.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:14 AM   #4587

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Yesterday was a busy day, we had coffee in the morning, then went to seeClat Cooper at 10, back to the CG at 12:15. Then "The Hits of the 60's and 50's" show. Dinner at Mel's, then back to the CG to let all the doggies out. Followed by aThe "Pressley's" show. Tiring, but a very fun day. And yes we are having a ball.

Our prayers go out to all those affected by the fire in Alberta.

Got to run, coffee and donut time.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:59 AM   #4588

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently 59
Might break a record today with high's in the upper 80ties,
Coffee is mighty find this AM

Prayers go out to those affected by the fires.

Well I tried a new to me type spray detailer on the 64 yesterday when I got done I backed it out of the garage and the Power steering was squealing so opened the hood and sure enough the Power steering pump was empty of fluid. The pressure line sprung a leak and sprayed all over the drivers side of the engine compartment. What next....
I went to Napa and they didn't even list a high pressure hose. I got back home and looked it up @ rockauto,com and sure enough they listed 3 so I ordered the middle hose. I Love that site every time I needed a part that other Auto stores can't find rockauto has, love it. Should be here next Monday.
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #4589

Coffee is great this morning. .....been a while since I posted but read the threads every day....sometimes several times a day...lol

Been hunting a jeep for the wife finally found her one yesterday and we should be able to pick it up this afternoon.....she just had to have different wheels and tires.....lol

Prayers for those affected by the fires.

Everyone stay safe and have fun...

Mk
Old 05-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #4590

Hey MK!

What jeep are you getting? We just got one a few months ago. Debbie loves it!

L.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #4591

We got the wrangler sport 2 door black with black interior and had them put the black rims and tires off of a willy's version on it. I went back and looked at your red one on total rebuild thread and I really like the front bumper and winch that you put on it...post me a link where I could find that one....I just don't think one with a bar in front if the grill will appeal to the DW.

Mk
Old 05-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #4592

Hi MK!

We really like ours. The front bumper we got is from here.....

https://lodoffroad.com/

Learned about it here on IRV2, we wanted to tow the jeep and they will build for whatever tow bar we selected. Happy with the bumper, but it did ship later than they originally quoted.

We added a winch, hope to do some mountain passes in the Rockies this summer.

L.