Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:42 PM   #449

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening all,

Yep, it was 26 this AM and rain coming down hitting the road and turning to ice. Drive in was nasty! But I am home again and checking this out. BD is Tuesday 3rd. Going to be 62 this year.

Love the cruising but agree we planned both times to not go on a cruise where kids were. We mostly vacation on off seasons. Works best for me at work too. Next cruise will be year I retire up into Alaska with a stop into the train going into the mountains. This has been the DHs dream for years. Told him he needs to start reserving for that one about 1 year before I am done to get the time and cabin we want.

Well, coffee was good this morning and usually is most mornings. I hear you Spritz about the insurance or not having it. That is the only reason I am working right now and for the next 3 years, otherwise I would be done now.

Have a great day all, Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #450

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
What cruise line did you take through the P Canal, that one we haven't done yet.
We went on Holland America. We were on the Westerdam. Seemed like about a foot on either side for clearance while in the locks.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #451

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Evening all,

Yep, it was 26 this AM and rain coming down hitting the road and turning to ice. Drive in was nasty! But I am home again and checking this out. BD is Tuesday 3rd. Going to be 62 this year.

Love the cruising but agree we planned both times to not go on a cruise where kids were. We mostly vacation on off seasons. Works best for me at work too. Next cruise will be year I retire up into Alaska with a stop into the train going into the mountains. This has been the DHs dream for years. Told him he needs to start reserving for that one about 1 year before I am done to get the time and cabin we want.

Well, coffee was good this morning and usually is most mornings. I hear you Spritz about the insurance or not having it. That is the only reason I am working right now and for the next 3 years, otherwise I would be done now.

Have a great day all, Lynne
Lynne; A trip to put on DH bucket list is the Banff Jasper Parkway in Alberta if he likes mountains. It is either the first or second most scenic highway depending upon who you are listening to. I try to drive it every couple of years.

We are fortunate in Alberta. We get free health care. Not everything is covered but a lot of stuff is. Janet had her surgery free and will cost the same for the hip.

Course it is not really free. Our taxes are high but . . . .
Old 01-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #452

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

My sister-in-law gets all her drugs and dental done in Mexico because she can't afford US prices. I have checked into some things including knee replacements. Doctors trained in US and cost 1/4 of here. Saw a woman in Mexico where our family is who stayed there because she needed daily care and could get it there for $25 a day instead of an hour. Was good care too. She said she could not afford to get help in the US.

I will keep in mind the Alaska info for DH. Once I get him away from the S&B he gets real interested and engaged. I think he will enjoy this.

Lynne
Old 01-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #453

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Gordon,

My sister-in-law gets all her drugs and dental done in Mexico because she can't afford US prices. I have checked into some things including knee replacements. Doctors trained in US and cost 1/4 of here. Saw a woman in Mexico where our family is who stayed there because she needed daily care and could get it there for $25 a day instead of an hour. Was good care too. She said she could not afford to get help in the US.

I will keep in mind the Alaska info for DH. Once I get him away from the S&B he gets real interested and engaged. I think he will enjoy this.

Lynne
We are currently 15 minutes from Los Algodones. Drugs are extremely cheap there. Janet paid 14 for 200 Tramodol. Back home that is 265.

Need to get a crown. My dentist wants 1800, dentist in Algodones wants 150.

The prices in Mexico (here at least) are starting to go up. Still way cheaper than home.

The Banff Jasper is in Alberta Canada.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #454
bap

wasnt long ago when people from mexico came here and stayed and worked the tobbaco feilds then went home and lived very very well,,,,
Old 01-30-2015, 06:17 AM   #455

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well Good news this AM worked it out with the pharmacy last night went from 795 to 495 to 35 bucks for 30 day supply.
I just don't get it
I'll live another 30 days...
A friend of the family had a heart transplant a few years ago and lost his job and insurance last fall and couldn't afford the anti-rejection meds and pasted just before Christmas.. left a 13 year old and a 11 year old with no dad and a sister with no brother..
So sad, Hell of a nice guy too.
Something has to change.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:20 AM   #456

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning group. Good news Tim on the prescription issue. Bad news is winter returns to Arkansas, ok it's only lows in 30s but thats cold. Thanks Gordon on that cruise name, we've never used them but looking to make that canal crossing. Have a great day!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #457

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Good morning group. Good news Tim on the prescription issue. Bad news is winter returns to Arkansas, ok it's only lows in 30s but thats cold. Thanks Gordon on that cruise name, we've never used them but looking to make that canal crossing. Have a great day!
We did the 21 day cruise from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego. Had very few days at sea. I really enjoyed the canal.

Saw where they were building the new canal. It will be really impressive when finished.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #458
bap

goodmorning guy,s and gal.,....coffee is good this am. going to be a balmy 28 out today but we have what looks like 40mph wind so it sure feels colder...gotta run to the farm feed store,,,horses need grain,,,,,,,latter folks

have a safe and blessed day
Old 01-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #459

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening all,

Decent day at work today but working through to Monday. Took Tuesday off and normally have Wednesday off. The sun is shining and that always seems to help even though it is 20 outside. Burr, I hate it when it gets below 30.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow and see you in the evening! Lynne
Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #460

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Thanks for the info on the room charges, we have been warned.

bap,
Going on the western Carrabin on the Carnival line, leaving Sunday out of Tampa.

Gordon,
Planning the Alaska trip for the summer of 2016, but not the cruise, we are to meet friends from South of Windsor, Ontario and take the Canadian route to Alaska then come back to Montana and across the northern US for the return.

Sorry for the delay in answering the questions, things have been hectic around here, don't know if I will make it on again before I leave or not, Keep the coffee warm and the friendship warmer and I will catch up in a week.

Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:38 PM   #461

Winnebago Owners Club
Frank
Sounds like you have a busy schedule planned. You will enjoy both the cruise and the Alaska trip.

The drive is great. Lots of very nice scenery.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:10 AM   #462

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is tasting very good this morning!
Frank, Enjoy!
Just got done washing and waxing the pick-up! Wow it was dirty!
Now it is hazy, and looks like rain Oh well, we do not have to go anywhere today, and will pull it up under the carport!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!