Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2016, 04:35 AM   #4621
bap

goodmorning,,,,

STEVE happy to hear ya made it safe an sound !!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2016, 05:05 AM   #4622

Glad your trip was uneventful please take lots of pics and post when you can.

Stay safe everyone

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:49 AM   #4623

Good morning all. Got home last night and a very large tree limb had fallen and crushed my fence. Missing my tt by inches. Looks like its time for a new fence, and time to trim trees! We had some high wind last night, but I didnt think it was that strong. Hope everyone has a great day!
-Ashton
TexasRVlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #4624

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
News says the worst of the fire in Ft McMurray is over. Fire fighters are cleaning up hot spots and doing clean up in town. Forest fire is still going strong and will take lots of rain to kill. Not affecting town any more. They say 2400 buildings affected but many more were spared. Going to take a long while to get things back up and running.

We are in the process of working our trees and trimming. 13 yo grand daughter wants to work for money. Some of this is good for her. She is slacking in school so a bit of physical work may get her motivated to apply herself a bit more. It worked for my nephew so hopefully this will be the second success. Work with them but hard enough so they are good and tired at the end of the day. Me too unfortunately. LOL

Have a great day.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #4625

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
We are here in Manchester, TN safe and sound, didn't unpack the computer last night in Paducah, Ky. We had a little rain yesterday, but nothing bad. A lot of wind though, hard to get good mileage when pushing the wind. Stormed last night where we were staying, Thunder and lightning, gusty wind and heavy rain, but everything ok. Breezy again today, but weather is not too bad. We got out of Branson before the severe weather hit.
Steve,
Glad that you made it to Alaska with only a flat tire, and that you are having a good time.
Lloyd,
Be careful on the road and have fun Buddy.
Gordon,
Sure glad that the fire is now away from the town, our thoughts and prayers continue for the people that have been affected by the fire.

We will be here until the 19th, then heading back to Florida.
Have a wonderful day everyone,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:40 PM   #4626

Hi all y’all!!!

Here’s a few photo’s of my trip.

A lava tube cave in Craters of the Moon NP in Idaho.

Near the entrance to Banff NP.

Lake Louise

Classic glacial valley in Jasper NP

Dawson Creek start of the Alaska Highway

Watch out for critters! Those are bison along the shoulder.

Welcome to the Yukon! That’s my intrepid soccer-mom mobile alongside.

A pretty waterfall.

Mountain view taken from the Klondike Highway during my side-trip to Skagway.

Overview of downtown Skagway.

The official end of the Alaska Highway in Delta Junction Alaska.

Alaska greeters in Delta Junction

BTW try not to get to Alaska before May 16th or the end of May preferably because much is not yet open!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #4627

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
WOW Steve, what amazing pictures!

Rained most of the day today. Sure wish this would head to Ft McMurry and wet things down a bit. It is so green here and things are growing like crazy right now. We need to figure out a way (if it wasn't so darn expensive) of moving water out of really wet or flooded areas into those dry areas. Nice dream!

You look at the weather map and this thing seem to be covering quite a bit of the US and other areas. It will warm up sooner or later and dry up as well.

Frank, will you and Rita be glad to get back to Florida? You're going to spend the summer there right? I was looking into "work kamping" sites and there are several new ones. I think employers have found a very good source of temporary employees and many with good old work habits. Lot's of jobs listed and all kinds.

Day off tomorrow. Somewhere around 420 days left to work. Have a good day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:55 AM   #4628

Good morning!

62* here, partly cloudy!

Steve great pictures! Some awesome places to visit along your route.

How many miles have you driven on average each day? Seems like a lot?

Enjoy your stay in Alaska!

Frank, home in Ohio! Cool! I've been to Manchester, not too far from Mid-Ohio Race Track. There is a very large antique/vintage motorcycle gathering there ever July.

Delayed start of our motorcycle trip. Went to change the oil in my bike Monday night and noticed my water pump has a small leak. Don't want to head off on a long ride with a leak. The "boys" are riding their sport bikes, so I plan to do the same, otherwise I would just take a different bike. Waiting for UPS to bring me a new one today. If it comes early we will go today, otherwise we will start tomorrow. I packed, the bike is loaded, should have it ready to go within a hour of pump arrival.

My son in-law worked all night, so he is good to get some rest,,,, and while cleaning the my sons bike he noticed his tag is expired,,, so he is off to DMV. It seems we don't have our act together.

L.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:37 AM   #4629
bap

goodmorning,,,

we had strong storms last night,,lightning thunder and heavy rain,,we had just planted corn and beans yesterday and im sure the rain beat them up soo im sure we will be replanting today...lol

STEVE awsome pics ....look forward to seeing more....thank you for posting them...

Lloyd,,,,things like that happen for a reason,,,,be carefull my friend when you guys do head out..

have a blessed day everyone
Old 05-11-2016, 05:42 AM   #4630

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is god this morning, beautiful morning, although about 50 miles north west of here, they had 5 to 6" of rain last night with flooding and other related problems, this is around Nashville.
Lynne,
Yes we are looking forward to getting back to Florida. It now feels like home for us. We are staying the summer, except for a couple weeks in August. Different CG's use workKampers differently, like ours we work around 12 hrs each /week for lot rent and elec. some pay you, but you have to work more hours(up to 40 hrs/ week), so you have to check before you commit.
Lloyd,
We are in Tennessee, not Ohio. It is Mansfield that you are thinking of in Ohio. Hope that your part gets here early and you can be on your way with your ride, enjoy and stay safe.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:43 AM   #4631

Beautiful pictures Steve. Be safe out there
-Ashton
TexasRVlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:15 AM   #4632

Beautiful pictures!!!!!....you are aware that pictures are great but you seeing with your own eyes shows you how truely blessed you really are to witness God's wonderful creation.....you , sir, are a lucky man.... (jealous).....but I will get there one day...

Be safe and keep the beauty coming

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:29 AM   #4633

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
Got the alternator back from the rebuilders shop yesterday. Will get it on today, and make sure it is right! Our vacation is almost over, as we fly out on Saturday morning.
We went to a Amish restaurant yesterday evening, still full! A pic of the parking lot!
Steve, great pic's! Enjoy your trip!
Lloyd, be very careful on your bike trip, something's happen for a reason?
I am still tinkering with Mona, and got on the roof yesterday, and did some sealing around the lights and fixed the A/C covers as they were cracking around the screws.
Hope everyone has a safe and great day! Rail!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1462980569795.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	126746   Click image for larger version

Name:	1462980582488.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	126747  

Old 05-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #4634

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s 8am here and I’m at the Denali visitor’s center which of course doesn’t open until 9am. I spent the night at the Fairbanks Walmart. An amazing Walmart, according to the store manager it’s the second largest Walmart in the world. Wide aisles and just about anything you could think of. The sporting goods section had a selection of firearms that’d put many gun shops to shame and the selection of fishing camping and RV gear was mindboggling. The parking lot RV area was interesting. There were several really decrepit RV’s that looked like they were permanent fixtures there. I suppose it helped that there were also electrical outlets (to provide power in the winter for engine heaters).
Fairbanks was better than I’d expected. With that said, I’m not sure what I expected but I liked Fairbanks. Pioneer Park was fun, I had to pass on the museum at the university (low on money) but the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center was great! Unfortunately, many of the attractions aren’t open until after May 16th and many more not until Memorial Day. It didn’t help that money wise I’m down to stems and seeds (to coin an expression from my college days). One more week and I’ll be in high cotton again. Fortunately, I’ve never let lack of money stop me from having a good time!

As for Denali, my old friend in Anchorage told me that with the mild winter and the fact that it’s not tourist season yet, I may be able to drive into the park. I may as well ask, to coin another expression from a past life I had as a car salesman, if you don’t ask you don’t get!

That’s about it; Denali’s hiding in the clouds as usual. However, in 1993 I was here with my son and I hired a bush plane out of Talkeetna and we took a flight-seeing tour of the mountain on a beautiful sunny day.

I hope everything’s going well with all y’all and that you’re all having wonderful travels.

Steve

PS Lloyd, I’ve been traveling in my Caravan and sleeping in the back. There hasn’t been much to do in the evenings and the daylight up here goes on forever. When I stay at motels or in my RV I have a place to relax and kick back after a long day, in my Caravan I have a place to drive and a place to sleep. In the evening having a place to kick back and relax, that’s not full of mosquitos, is hard to find up here (and this is just the start of mosquito season). Cold weather and snow doesn’t really bother me, but hot weather and mosquitos do. I suppose that’s why I used to take my kids winter camping so much when I lived up north.
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote