Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #4663

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No, we all decided we would like to meet August of 2017. Gives everyone time to plan, get ready, and get together for some visiting and fun.

Those with bikes will ride and those without will whatever. Sit and drink wine or their preference. Not sure.

The proposed spot is Glen Elder State Park. If you are interested, I can E-mail you the info as I get it. Would love to have you join us.

See you later, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2016, 06:41 AM   #4664
bap

goodmorning everyone,,

wnder how STEVE is doing,,-???

LYNNE,,i would love to start the thread you asked for but it is always such a whril wind around here its all i can do to do what i do....lol----but thanks for asking

well we are having our blackberry winter here...temps have dropped fro upper 70,s to the low 50,s,,,and it feels plain cold ....but cant really complain,,the blackberry bushes are full of blooms and im looking forward to harvesting those berries when they get ripe,,,,,mmm,mmmm...fresh blackberry dumpling,s,,,,,cobbler,,,and jam !!

well best put my longjohns on and get to work,,,,you folks have a great day..

...a new life !!!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #4665

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

My morning coffee’s excellent and it’s a beautiful partly cloudy Sunday morning here in Anchorage! In fact the weather’s been fantastic all week. The great weather must’ve followed me up from Sierra Vista. It was in the mid-70’s yesterday and a young lady I got to know on the Alaska Outdoors website dropped by and we went for a hike along Turnagain Arm south of Anchorage. I’ve been staying with a friend I’ve known since high school and he and his wife have been wonderful hosts. On Wednesday, when the SS replenishes my funds, I’m going to drive down to Homer for a few days and also visit Valdez. My friend Stacey from (from the Alaska Outdoors website) has invited me to a BBQ at her place next Saturday so you could say I’ve been having a great time. Life is not just good, it’s great!

It’s good to read that all y’all are getting out and having some travels and good times!

Steve

PS I responded to the meetup thread. It’s a great idea but I won’t repeat myself here.

View from a trail rest stop at Turnagain Arm.
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:01 AM   #4666
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, everyone!

Another "spring" day in FL. It was about 71F when I started this morning. It is now up to 79F with the expected high of 89F. The good news is that the humidity (for FL) is quite low: currently 41%.

Steve, Thanks for the photo. Glad you are spending time with some friends and things are going well. We are not big into hiking, but do appreciate your sharing a bit of the sights with all of us.

Lynne, Thanks for coordinating the Meet and Greet. Since we are both still working, and do not have our RV yet, we will need to pass.

Building update: I learned Friday that the plans have gone through a few different departments successfully. I have been told that the plans are at the final approval step. Hopefully it will be done next week and the slab can get poured the following week. It's gonna be close, but maybe the new building will be ready before the move-out deadline at my existing place??? I prefer to have a plan for all of this, but the timing has forced me into multiple plans and I may not know which one I will need to execute until the last minute.

Well, time to get back to work. I have two more projects to complete before "the move out"! Delays cannot be in the schedule.

Everyone, have a great day!!!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #4667

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Steve, nice pics, and a trip of a lifetime. Charles, hopefully the building comes together in time. they have cabins at the campsite, no RV's needed! Bap, sounds like you and Deb are busy those old TT's are lucky you guys come along. The weather here has turned cold they are predicting snow flurries tonight and we woke to 32* and 35 mph winds yuk, only 42* now. Have a Great Day All.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #4668
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Charles, they have cabins at the campsite, no RV's needed!
Terry,

My wife's idea of "roughing it" is the Holiday Inn.

We (read: I) are not sure if she will take to this RV lifestyle. Having her own bed, bath, and "stuff" will be very important to her. And, I agree with that. So far she has been looking with me (at dealers and on-line), has test-driven at least one DP (yes, she drove, and quite well), and seems positive about a Class A. But, a cabin? It's nothing personal against anyone here, but I doubt I could get her to drive half-way across the country to stay in a cabin.

But, there are more pressing issues right now, so the RV search is taking a slow moving position in the background. Meanwhile, I keep doing my research, so when the time comes I will have a better idea of what to do, or not do.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up on the cabins. It sounds like it will be a great get-together!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:56 PM   #4669

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
Charles,
It is cold here in south central Tn. was 42* this morning and now only 70. Not used to turning the furnace on in May. Hope that the permits come thru this week for you so the building can get started.
Steve,
Beautiful country those pics are showing. Glad that you are having a good time visiting with friends and enjoying the scenery.
Terry,
Good thing that you re not rushed finising the Tot'r, the weather sure is not cooperating.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #4670

Greetings all!

Back from the bike trip about 4pm. We had a great time. Rode over 1,300 miles, most all of it twisty back roads. First 3 days were good weather, Saturday we were in West Virginia and the temps were mid 50's and raining. This morning it was 41* when we left Marion Virginia, and we saw 32 degree's a couple times crossing the mountains. Thank Goodness For Heated Gear!

My favorite spot was we visited the National Radio Observatory in Green Bank WV. This is where they have a few huge satellite like looking dishes where they listen to space. Yes, among other things they listen for ET. The big dish is over 400' tall, the surface is 2.3 acres, and is the largest movable object on land. We took the tour and went out to it on a bus, however as my camera is my phone (digital) I was not allowed to take a pic close up due to the interference it would create. Yes, this thing is sensitive.

Gotta catch up with you all tomorrow, thought I would just check in.

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160513_113346_resized.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	127148  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:13 AM   #4671

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Gorgeous morning here in south central Tn. Still a little chilly, but warmer than yesterday.
Lloyd,
Sounds like you had a wonderful ride, that dish sounds like "must see" on the ole bucket list.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:38 AM   #4672

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

It’s a little early yet but so far it looks like another beautiful day here in Anchorage.

I’ve been spending some lazy days with my friends here n Anchorage. However, my time so far has had some interesting moments. Every morning my friend Mike takes his dog for a walk on a trail that runs right behind his house. The trail runs along a utility right-of-way with forested areas on both sides but with intermittent homes from a subdivision on the one side. Saturday a moose browsing along the trail on our return made us change course through the subdivision (moose can get cranky). Yesterday a large black bear crossed the trail about 30-40 yards in front of us. It next proceeded to stand up next to a utility pole and scratch its back for a few minutes while we watched. Fortunately, Mike’s dog, a springer spaniel hunting dog, is extremely well trained and didn’t bother the bear at all. The bear knew we were watching but pretty much ignored those two annoying primate voyeurs that he shares Alaska with. As luck would have it I’d left my camera at home (as usualL).

I’m thinking of spending a few days exploring the Kenai Peninsula to give Mike and his wife a break from me (I do believe in the old adage about guests and fish). So depending on cell service I may be off-line for a while.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:40 AM   #4673

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Well this morning the line is drawn in the sand . . . er . . . . garden. Today it gets the final tilling and the seeds are going to be planted.

May be rain in the forecast for Thursday. Leaving for camping on Thursday. Will gladly wash the coach if it rains.

Have a great day.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #4674

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Guys and Gals! Been busy trying to get the house rented, sanding spackle and mad at my self for not doing the sheetrock myself! The guys that did it did a decent job, but for $100 bucks a sheet , if I had done it at that price, I would have taken care of some other imperfections! But I guess that is me. Oh well! Hopefully we will get it rented to some nice tenants, then I can move on to more fun things! Wow Lynne, the Meet and Greet sounds good for 2017, Jeez maybe it will be on my birthdate August 7th, just hope you have some Rhubarb pie left over for me ! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #4675

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Gang,

Bobby, you come to the meet and greet and I will have pie for you even if it is later than your birthday. Rhubarb for sure.

Steve, I love the pictures you have taken. What a wonderful trip!

Charles, This will not be our last "Meet and Greet", so just plan on coming to one in the future when you have your rig and are retired. This is just the first. Next one will probably be closer to Bap and Debbie. I agree with your wife on "Roughing" it. I prefer a bed and bathroom. Not saying I would never do the other, but I prefer my comfort. It's why we bought a MH.

There are a couple old TT's and MH's on my way home from work that I think would have Bap and Debbie salivating. They need someone who wants to love them a bit too. Poor things are being left to rot.

The weather yesterday was 34 and 70 today. About time Mother Nature got her butt in gear. I am tired of the cold.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #4676

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Well, we are back home in Lampang, Thailand! Our U.S. tour is done, and Mona is waiting for our return to my son's house! She preformed well, and did not let us down, and my son will do the little maintenance things like new shock's, a new grab handle inside the door, wash and wax, etc.!
Good to be back home, and get a good nights sleep, after that marathon flight! It will take a couple of days to get caught up on the time change, weather, (very hot here)!
Glad everyone is doing good, and it was so nice to meet Frank & Rita, Terry & Eleanor! We are looking forward to meeting the rest of you at the "meet and greet" next year, and in our travels before that also! We will come back more than once a year now that we have "Mona" waiting and ready to go!
Well, got to go, have a lot of running to do! Everyone have a great day! Rail!