Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #4691

Gooood afternoon all y’all!!!

I’ve been perusing Homer all afternoon. It’s a much bigger town than I expected (but apparently not big enough for a Walmart!). I started the day with a nice hearty breakfast, I could almost feel my heart beat in terror. The good news is that I don’t have to eat another meal today! On the way through town a moose ambled across the street right in front of my car (just like in Northern Exposure). Even though he was just strolling I wasn’t able to get his picture in time. However, I did take several pictures while in Homer.

A view from the restaurant I had breakfast at.

A view of tiny “old town” Homer.

A view of Homer Spit from above.

A view of sprawling Homer from above.

Steve

PS Gordon, I saw the Watson Lake sign forest but didn’t spend much time there. However, for anyone planning the trip you can’t miss it.

PS again, Charles I go north in the summer and south in the winter but not because of cold weather and snow. I like cold weather and snow, it’s the dreary winter days I avoid by spending winter in Arizona, the land of sunny days, starry starry nights and ZZ Top wannabes. I feel that makes me a sunbird.
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2016, 04:09 PM   #4692

Something extra, not only have I seen a whole lot of vintage trucks and cars in various states of disrepair up here but many Class A and trailer campers, some real collectors items, all decaying in peoples yards. It's very sad!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:15 AM   #4693
bap

goodmorning everyone

coffee is great this morning,,and well needed....,,temp is heading for the 70s today with sunshine,,,,yeeehaa,,be a great day working on the scotty,,,almost have it ready for paint,,,,,almost..lol

STEVE,, agaain thanks for all the pics....love them,,...would even like to see some of those vintage rotters,,,shame though probably make me shed a tear..lol,,,,and if ya run into the brown family tell em i said hello....lol

thanks everyone,,about my arm,,,,,krazywierd!!!

blessed day to all of you !!
jeff
Old 05-19-2016, 05:57 AM   #4694

Good Morning!

Lots of rain here, a awful commute to work. 42 days to go! Rain forecasted till mid day Saturday. Gordon, sorry I cannot figure out how to at least split this with you!

Steve, great pics. Homer looks nice.

Frank,,, safe travels back to Florida! I assume you are passing through this glob of rain that has us socked in.

L.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:08 AM   #4695
bap

FRANK,, if you are traveling.....be safe out there !!!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:42 AM   #4696

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Slept in this morning(figures)about an hour behind when I waned to leave, oh well, as long as I can get through Atlanta before rush hour starts. Thanks to all for the safe travel wishes.
Can't blame me for the rain this time, I didn't wash the truck or 5er, lol. Looks like we might be able to slip through an opening according to the weather map. Going to stop just south of Perry, Ga.
Got to run, Talk to you all this evening,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #4697

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok so my morning coffee was at my desk in the office...... but at about 1420 I am loose and heading out in the Storm. My coffee tomorrow will be in Beckley WV and then on to Suffolk VA for the weekend.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:26 AM   #4698
bap

safe travels TIM !!
Old 05-19-2016, 07:38 AM   #4699

Hey Tim, we are just north of Suffolk. Weather here is supposed to be warm and sunny until tomorrow night. Then more rain thru Saturday. I can't remember the last time we had such a cool and wet May here. Travel safe.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #4700

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning all. A nice sunny morning here in northwest Ohio but the northeast wind off Lake Erie just won't stop this year.

Lee
Rooster54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #4701

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Hope all traveling stay safe and all not traveling might as well be safe and well too.

Today starting with thunderstorms. Only going up to mid seventies today. Getting MH ready for a trip tomorrow, going to spend Fri night in Brazos Bend State Park, SW of Houston. Never been there before. Funeral services in Angleton Sat morning for a high school friend. Also my brother Stan is going to funeral services in Angleton for a high school friend of his. We are meeting for breakfast to get in a visit before the services. We will take the good along with the not so good.

MH has had a fuel delivery problem and have had fuel filters and mechanical fuel pump replaced as well as adding an electric fuel pump as plan B, and an extra hot wire to fuel shutoff solenoid. Need to button all of that up today and set air in tires, then ready for trip tomorrow. Little less than 200 miles. Hoping for no rain during drive, we will see.

All y'all stay safe and get out there and camp.

ronspradley/rebecca

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #4702

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Hey Tim, we are just north of Suffolk. Weather here is supposed to be warm and sunny until tomorrow night. Then more rain thru Saturday. I can't remember the last time we had such a cool and wet May here. Travel safe.
Yes I saw that, good driving weather on the way down but rainy for the weekend.

I am staying at Davis Lakes. Thought about going to White Tail (not).
Old 05-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #4703

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Well, made it safe and sound to Perry, Ga., had a couple sprinkles(not even enough to turn wipers on). We seem to be staying just ahead or behind the severe weather. Right now Macon is having severe thunderstorms, and had them early this morning also. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same, we will see.

Safe travels to those on the road, and welcome to the newcomers here on the thread,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #4704

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good to hear Frank, nice when the drive is uneventful. Everyone safe travels.